Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Missing members...who do you realize is missing?

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back!

We desperately need some new/old blood.

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back, @Insider3 !
    Now please convince Heather to let Roger back, too! @RWB

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:

Are you sure he wants to come back? ;)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats, I³. Glad you are back. I came close with 2 warnings and as they say, 3rd time pays for all. I quit for a while then just stay out of things I see going bad. Hope Roger wants and is let back in as well as some others. We truly need you and them.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider3 said:

@DCW said:

I just made the same wish to a member who PM'ed me. I have no control over anything. Heather has shown she has a <3 and the power to forgive is only for a ruler.

I know for a fact that some members that got banned don't give a heck and could care less. That's because they consider being banned as a loss for both PCGS and the other members here. At least one said he would not returned even if asked! There are so many forums to keep up with. For a while I was banned from several yet posting on the others filled all my time. Learning never stops.

Long ago, I started the "Who do you miss" discussion. Many knowledgeable posters have been banned and I thought if enough members missed someone they might have a chance to return to the form. A one week Christmas Grace Period to allow banned members access to show they can behave or even a pardon for the top five banned members we all want back would be a fun and novel contest. Who knows. Perhaps everyone can reach out to a banned member and ask them to apply again and give a sincere answer to the "why join" question.

I'm glad to see you back. Welcome.

• Options
    Insider3Insider3 Posts: 260 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Insider3 said:

@DCW said:

I just made the same wish to a member who PM'ed me. I have no control over anything. Heather has shown she has a <3 and the power to forgive is only for a ruler.

I know for a fact that some members that got banned don't give a heck and could care less. That's because they consider being banned as a loss for both PCGS and the other members here. At least one said he would not returned even if asked! There are so many forums to keep up with. For a while I was banned from several yet posting on the others filled all my time. Learning never stops.

Long ago, I started the "Who do you miss" discussion. Many knowledgeable posters have been banned and I thought if enough members missed someone they might have a chance to return to the form. A one week Christmas Grace Period to allow banned members access to show they can behave or even a pardon for the top five banned members we all want back would be a fun and novel contest. Who knows. Perhaps everyone can reach out to a banned member and ask them to apply again and give a sincere answer to the "why join" question.

Thanks, I've been reading your comments while I was banned. I should hate to see you AOL.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider3 said:

I was banned! Heather let me back today. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3vlj8mUiPA

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider3 said:

@koynekwest said:

@BuffaloIronTail said:
    I just started posting again recently. I stopped on January 17th due to some medical things I had to heal up from.

Surprised that Insider2 didn't miss me. That's OK though.

I missed Him and everybody else. Just didn't feel up to posting anything for awhile.

I'm OK now. A little ornery cuz I quit smoking.

Pete

Yeah-I went thru that smoking thing 11 years ago. Fun, ain't it?

I am enjoying your commentary over on the CAC forum so it is a double pleasure to know you are also back here.

peacockcoins

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider3 said:

@koynekwest said:

@BuffaloIronTail said:
    I just started posting again recently. I stopped on January 17th due to some medical things I had to heal up from.

I missed Him and everybody else. Just didn't feel up to posting anything for awhile.

Pete

Glad to see you here. Now behave!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

@Insider3 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Insider3 said:

@DCW said:

Thanks, I've been reading your comments while I was banned. I should hate to see you AOL.

??? AOL

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got myself jailed twice, banned once, apologized, got pissed off, apologized, cursed in messages, and she (if it were Heather) let me return, stipulating that I was merely a trustee now, and that I could be useful around the jail, cleaning, and reporting on the activities of the inmates.

When we did not know what to do with the Lincoln Cent album that we passed around to members to fill, I suggested that it be a gift to Heather [sound of washcloth on nose].

I’m an acolyte. Thank you, may I have another?

A statement that reveals your political leanings will harm a favor one day when the person with whom you deal remembers what you wrote.

Fortunately, the politically nuanced posts here are poorly couched; they are chuckleworthy.

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fraz said:
    I got myself jailed twice, banned once, apologized, got pissed off, apologized, cursed in messages, and she (if it were Heather) let me return, stipulating that I was merely a trustee now, and that I could be useful around the jail, cleaning, and reporting on the activities of the inmates.

When we did not know what to do with the Lincoln Cent album that we passed around to members to fill, I suggested that it be a gift to Heather [sound of washcloth on nose].

I’m an acolyte. Thank you, may I have another?

A statement that reveals your political leanings will harm a favor one day when the person with whom you deal remembers what you wrote.

Fortunately, the politically nuanced posts here are poorly couched; they are chuckleworthy.

So in other words....you are
    now a SNITCH!😦

Watch out people! 🤣😂

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

So in other words....you are
    now a SNITCH!😦

Watch out people! 🤣😂

Know her mercy.

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

In response to the original OP's subject title
    @OAKSTAR

-

that said, welcome back Insider1-2-3-(4)... lol

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Operation Butter ever shows up, he should call me sometime!😎

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was missing in action for two days. No one missed me?

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

Insider1, 2, 3, 4 and that 2 cents guy. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said: ??? AOL

AOL = BANNED as I was.

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider3 said:

@koynekwest said:

@BuffaloIronTail said:

Pete

This is welcome news

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    I was missing in action for two days. No one missed me?

Next time send up a flare so we may locate you. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@Insider3 said:
    @jmlanzaf said: ??? AOL

AOL = BANNED as I was.

Away on Leave? :)

• Options

AWOL

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to like @piecesofme commentary in the PM section, last active in 2019

Helped me out with some sales in the past :)

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

@Fraz said:
    AWOL

Yikes! I have been discharged for so long I forgot!

• Options

AOFLDTBTR = Away on forced leave due to breaking the rules.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

I read how some people got banned then "talked" to Heather to get reinstated. How do you "Talk to Heather" if you are banned from the forum and can't sign in? (Just in case :) )

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    edited February 2, 2024 11:53AM

@Steven59 said:
    I read how some people got banned then "talked" to Heather to get reinstated. How do you "Talk to Heather" if you are banned from the forum and can't sign in? (Just in case :) )

I keep @MFeld on retainer now.

• Options

@Fraz said:

@Steven59 said:

Isn’t Mark Feld a lawyer?

Or does he play one on TV? 🤔

• Options

@JBK - your post beat my edit.

• Options

So i'm not going to get a straight answer? :*:D

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    So i'm not going to get a straight answer? :*:D

I think (?) you can still email them, just not message them.

• Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@GRANDAM said:
    David Hall,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Agree, would be great if @homerunhall came back!

He's still working with his long time partner, Van Simmons. So he's in the business, just not here.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options

@Steven59 said:

The Mods post in discussions to give warnings and sometimes to explain why a thread id closed. A member in good standing can click on their icon and send them a PM. Since a banned (Ex-member) cannot post, after a long period of time, I applied for membership again and was reinstated as a new member.

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only problem with having I3 back here is he has less time to mess with VKB.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options

I wonder if VKB (?) feels it is a problem.

• Options
    hfjacintohfjacinto Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not to try and derail, but isn't creating a new account a violation of the TOS?

7) No alt, alternative or spare accounts. One account per member, no exceptions.

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hfjacinto said:

7) No alt, alternative or spare accounts. One account per member, no exceptions.

Well, yea, but obviously not if Heather is aware of it.

• Options

@DeplorableDan said:

@hfjacinto said:

According to this:

"The Mods post in discussions to give warnings and sometimes to explain why a thread id closed. A member in good standing can click on their icon and send them a PM. Since a banned (Ex-member) cannot post, after a long period of time, I applied for membership again and was reinstated as a new member."

He just created a new account. I don't know @Insider3 but posting you got reinstated (or created a new account), would lead me to believe that there could be consequences. I just don't want any one to get in trouble if they don't have to.

• Options

" I just don't want any one to get in trouble if they don't have to."

Seems to me if you get banned then you are obviously already in trouble. If you create an alt account after the fact then how much more trouble can you actually be in, nor care about getting in?

• Options
    johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this thread needs to die. I get that we all return to the earth one day but keeping this thread top of mind is like an eternal rain cloud. Can we just appreciate everyone and live on until we don’t?

• Options
    edited February 3, 2024 2:35PM

@hfjacinto said:

@DeplorableDan said:

@hfjacinto said:

According to this:

"The Mods post in discussions to give warnings and sometimes to explain why a thread id closed. A member in good standing can click on their icon and send them a PM. Since a banned (Ex-member) cannot post, after a long period of time, I applied for membership again and was reinstated as a new member."

He just created a new account. I don't know @Insider3 but posting you got reinstated (or created a new account), would lead me to believe that there could be consequences. I just don't want any one to get in trouble if they don't have to.

He has already explained that after setting up the new account he immediately contacted the moderators and begged/bribed (? ;) ) his way back in. He made them aware of the situation and they granted him entrance. :)

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

Askari

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

@johnny010 said:
    " I think this thread needs to die."

The way we thrive is by discussion, not silence............

• Options

@JBK said:

@hfjacinto said:

@DeplorableDan said:

@hfjacinto said:

According to this:

He has already explained that after setting up the new account he immediately contacted the moderators and begged/bribed (? ;) ) his way back in. He made them aware of the situation and they granted him entrance. :)

I read his posts, I saw “Heather let him back in”, but I don’t see that he contacted the moderators. His last post said “I created a new account”, I don’t see “I begged/bribed to get back in”

Well we all know that this forum isn’t moderated on the weekend. Let’s see what happens on Monday.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2024 3:13PM

@Insider3 said:

@Steven59 said:

The Mods post in discussions to give warnings and sometimes to explain why a thread id closed. A member in good standing can click on their icon and send them a PM. Since a banned (Ex-member) cannot post, after a long period of time, I applied for membership again and was reinstated as a new member.

More than a few members have come back over the years, though it's much harder if it's more than once.

• Options
    oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss Currin and his Hansen posts.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file