@LOTSOS said:

@Maschmit said:
    4 x 2nd box basketball= 632
    3 x hockey=783.75
    2 x star wars = 184
    plus shipping---$10 & ins $15
    total =1624.75

paid by paypal---3-22-19

I hope you choose to stick around and participate as opposed to just "poofing" in grabbing items (that others here wanted) and disappearing back into the same thin air from which you came.

Kevin

Another did that with a ‘82 Donruss FASC wax box with his or her FIRST post. It’s not right man....

As the old saying goes screw me once shame on you. Screw me twice shame on me.

The way I see it there were no rules against it. But the next time someone as generous with his time as Steve decides to run one of these I will suggest a time limit on these ghost accounts. Who cares if the come in at the end to help us finish a break off. But if they take spots on breaks where active members want more spots then that isn’t right.

Again, let me be clear, Steve ran an AWSOME break! Best case senerio these new members join in and contribute. Worst case it was one of us that decided to create an alt to get more packs. I’m sure it wouldn’t take to much effort to compare area codes or zip codes if they were smart enough to even use two PayPal address.

Again, I apologize if I’m bringing this break down but I was eyeing that box for awhile and loved the idea of sampling it without paying the full boat.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    Tibbs4Tibbs4 Posts: 66 ✭✭

Paid in full yesterday.

Thanks again for setting up the break and am looking forward to the next one.

• Options

paid on Thursday.....thanks

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

@LOTSOS said:

@softparade said:

@LOTSOS said:

@Maschmit said:
    3 x hockey=783.75
    2 x star wars = 184
    total =1624.75

paid by paypal---3-22-19

I hope you choose to stick around and participate as opposed to just "poofing" in grabbing items (that others here wanted) and disappearing back into the same thin air from which you came.

Kevin

Another did that with a ‘82 Donruss FASC wax box with his or her FIRST post. It’s not right man....

The way I see it there were no rules against it. But the next time someone as generous with his time as Steve decides to run one of these I will suggest a time limit on these ghost accounts. Who cares if the come in at the end to help us finish a break off. But if they take spots on breaks where active members want more spots then that isn’t right.

Again, let me be clear, Steve ran an AWSOME break! Best case senerio these new members join in and contribute. Worst case it was one of us that decided to create an alt to get more packs. I’m sure it wouldn’t take to much effort to compare area codes or zip codes if they were smart enough to even use two PayPal address.

Again, I apologize if I’m bringing this break down but I was eyeing that box for awhile and loved the idea of sampling it without paying the full boat.

Kevin

Makes sense. Maybe you need to be listed on Stone's roll-call thread with your first name, before the break is announced, if you want to participate. Makes it a little more personal.

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

@Sdub said:

@LOTSOS said:

@softparade said:

@LOTSOS said:

@Maschmit said:
    3 x hockey=783.75
    2 x star wars = 184
    total =1624.75

paid by paypal---3-22-19

Kevin

Kevin

Makes sense. Maybe you need to be listed on Stone's roll-call thread with your first name, before the break is announced, if you want to participate. Makes it a little more personal.

Maybe a certain amount of posts... or amount of time on the boards... if not...I’m going to have to put my name on that other thread!

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

@han_soto said:
    its a fine line.

in my opinion this was one hellavu forum break. it ran multiple cases and multiple sports w some key years.

my optimistic side likes to think that such a break might have converted some long time lurkers into new members. but then theres always the risk of the greedster w/ an alt account.

just like our judicial system, i’d say innocent until proven guilty and as stated it wouldnt be that hard to put 2 and 2 together.

time will tell. always does.

I guess I will chime in as the break runner. When I first started seeing some low post count members coming in the thought did cross my mind whether I should have instituted a minimum post count to take part in the break. I will certainly consider it if I end up running a future break. That said, I am more on the side of han_soto's sentiments where I would rather be more inclusive than exclusive. I agree that breaks like these do tend to bring out lurkers and I think that is a good thing.

I know, I was actually a lurker on these boards when I first started getting back in collecting and probably one of my first posts was on a BBCE break where I purchased 2 1986 Topps FB Cellos packs and a 1987 Fleer BK wax pack. I wasn't even into unopened collecting at the time but I just thought it was cool that I could take part in something like that and get a 1986 Topps FB Cello pack, which was the first ever FB pack I opened as a kid.

A final note: I have actually sold several things from my collection on here in break form over the years (a complete 1986 Fleer PSA 9 set and a 1975 Mini BB Box being the biggest) and those breaks brought out a lot of members who were not regular posters. Since I was the one selling in those breaks, I saw everyone's names and shipping addresses and if there were alts, they were smart enough not to ship to the same city, so I believe that those low count members who participated in my breaks were not alts.

Steve
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2019 12:18PM

@slum22 said:

@han_soto said:
    its a fine line.

in my opinion this was one hellavu forum break. it ran multiple cases and multiple sports w some key years.

my optimistic side likes to think that such a break might have converted some long time lurkers into new members. but then theres always the risk of the greedster w/ an alt account.

just like our judicial system, i’d say innocent until proven guilty and as stated it wouldnt be that hard to put 2 and 2 together.

I guess I will chime in as the break runner. When I first started seeing some low post count members coming in the thought did cross my mind whether I should have instituted a minimum post count to take part in the break. I will certainly consider it if I end up running a future break. That said, I am more on the side of han_soto's sentiments where I would rather be more inclusive than exclusive. I agree that breaks like these do tend to bring out lurkers and I think that is a good thing.

I know, I was actually a lurker on these boards when I first started getting back in collecting and probably one of my first posts was on a BBCE break where I purchased 2 1986 Topps FB Cellos packs and a 1987 Fleer BK wax pack. I wasn't even into unopened collecting at the time but I just thought it was cool that I could take part in something like that and get a 1986 Topps FB Cello pack, which was the first ever FB pack I opened as a kid.

A final note: I have actually sold several things from my collection on here in break form over the years (a complete 1986 Fleer PSA 9 set and a 1975 Mini BB Box being the biggest) and those breaks brought out a lot of members who were not regular posters. Since I was the one selling in those breaks, I saw everyone's names and shipping addresses and if there were alts, they were smart enough not to ship to the same city, so I believe that those low count members who participated in my breaks were not alts.

Well stated, Steve and Han_Soto. I think the only potential issue here is if people create alt accounts to double up on requests (which would likely be caught by Steve before shipping). I don't think post count on its own should be a requirement as there are a number of good members here who don't normally post but who like to participate in the group breaks. I think inviting as many members as possible to participate as long as they are not gaming the system is the right way to go.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

afternoon! just for the record I paid Thrs but mistakingly paid the BBBreaks paypal acct and emailed them to clear it up.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

I paid yesterday before lunchtime. So you can take 'gemint' off the naughty list. :)

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no need to trash maschmit. We've been best friends since we were little kids. We collected and traded as kids and he is getting back into collecting.

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2019 12:03PM

@UFFDAH said:
    There is no need to trash maschmit. We've been best friends since we were little kids. We collected and traded as kids and he is getting back into collecting.

Well then my sincerest apologies to @Maschmit. Glad to hear they are going to a good home.

Kevin

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2019 12:08PM

@grote15 said:

@slum22 said:

@han_soto said:
    its a fine line.

Well stated, Steve and Han_Soto. I think the only potential issue here is if people create alt accounts to double up on requests (which would likely be caight by Steve before shipping). I don't think post count on its own should be a requirement as there are a number of good members here who don't normally post but who like to participate in the group breaks. I think inviting as many members as possible to participate as long as they are not gaming the system is the right way to go.

As always, spoken like a true statesmen by grote. The only problem I have are 1st ever posts purchasing in a well advertised break. Make a few posts in the initial info gathering thread. Express interest! Introduce yourself to the community..

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how close we are to be all paid up?

PackManInNC
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paid up on my end. Amazing how if you leave one letter off an email address it won’t go through 😄 As always Steve Hart was super helpful, and for anyone has not dealt with him he is as good as they come in the hobby. Also, appreciate Steve (slum) for all of his hard work putting this together. Can’t imagine how much time and effort goes into one of these but it has to be a monumental effort. Thanks again guys.

KC

• Options

@mexpo75 said:
    Anyone know how close we are to be all paid up?

We were down to three as of this morning according to an email I received from Steve. I just got off work and I am sending a PM to the remaining folks whose payments are outstanding.

Steve
  • Options
    kerryvillekerryville Posts: 341 ✭✭✭

Slum if you don’t here back post the packs that aren’t paid for and we can crush them to finish up. I can spring for some stuff if need be.

Looking for:
    1992 Collectors Edge Football case?
  • Options

@kerryville said:
    Slum if you don’t here back post the packs that aren’t paid for and we can crush them to finish up. I can spring for some stuff if need be.

This. Time to pay up or step aside.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    KyndbrothaKyndbrotha Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

I paid ystrdy. Thx again Steve.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭✭

It is unclear to me how anyone could reasonably complain about not getting an item that took 24 hours to sell out. Be responsible for your own decisions instead of whining about it after the fact. CU breaks shouldn't be for some exclusive club of long time posters.

Robb

• Options

@fergie23 said:
    It is unclear to me how anyone could reasonably complain about not getting an item that took 24 hours to sell out. Be responsible for your own decisions instead of whining about it after the fact. CU breaks shouldn't be for some exclusive club of long time posters.

Robb

I agree but it wasn’t stated in the beginning. In the future we should have some rule. As long as I’m in;)

Looking for:
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2019 6:15AM

@fergie23 said:

Robb

I don’t think anyone was complaining about being squeezed out. It’s just a conversation. I’m good with whatever.

• Options

I’m not complaining. I’m just ready for this to be paid up so I can get my product!

Looking for:
  • Options

Slum we got all payments in?

Looking for:
  • Options

Payment made

• Options

This is the not so fun part of the break...waiting for everyone to pay.

• Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

@72Collector said:
    This is the not so fun part of the break...waiting for everyone to pay.

Seriously. This place is a microcosm of selling on eBay.

• Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

"You're killing me, Smalls."

Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe they are waiting for a 10% offer.....

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options

I believe we are down to one at this point.

Steve
  • Options

Which one? If it’s just a couple packs let them be relisted.

Looking for:
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2019 5:22AM

Follow up. Steve at BBCE shouldn’t have to wait this long for payment. I think the ones who have paid would appreciate the ability to finish off whatever is left from this lone non payer.

Looking for:
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2019 6:21AM

The next time around, we should have a 48 hour window for people to pay. After that, let somebody else buy the packs. Everyone has had 5 days to pay. With all the clamoring for slots and packs you would have thought payment would have been immediate.

Reminds me of buyers on eBay who take the time to snipe and then wait a week to pay only in this case the non-payer is holding up the entire group. Not cool.

• Options

@thunderdan said:
    The next time around, we should have a 48 hour window for people to pay. After that, let somebody else buy the packs.

Reminds me of buyers on eBay who take the time to snipe and then wait a week to pay only in this case the non-payer is holding up the entire group.

So if the consensus don't want any restrictions on newbie participation, perhaps this is where a rule needs to be made. If no payment is made by a very doable amount of time, then no participation or perhaps delayed participation in the next break?

• Options
    edited March 25, 2019 6:27AM

@softparade said:

@thunderdan said:
    The next time around, we should have a 48 hour window for people to pay. After that, let somebody else buy the packs.

Reminds me of buyers on eBay who take the time to snipe and then wait a week to pay only in this case the non-payer is holding up the entire group.

So if the consensus don't want any restrictions on newbie participation, perhaps this is where a rule needs to be made. If no payment is made by a very doable amount of time, then no participation or perhaps delayed participation in the next break?

I think the easiest solution is after 48 hours, your packs go to someone else. And if for some reason nobody else wants your packs, you'll still be expected to pay but banned from further group rips.

It might sound harsh, but these group breaks fall apart quickly if the organizer and steve are having to chase down payment for a week after payment becomes due.

• Options

**As of this morning, Steve emailed me and said we were down to two, but one of the two responded to my PM this weekend and I trust he will pay today. The lone person we are waiting on is 3boyztrading. He took part in two products: 1996 Topps Chrome BK (8 packs) and 1988 Fleer BK (2 packs from the second box). RyanAdmirer was on the waitlist for the 1988 Fleer packs, so I will PM him and see if he wants to add those packs to his break. There was no waitlist for the 1996 Topps Chrome box so either folks will have to step up or else that box will not be broken and Steve H will have to refund those who have paid.

I am PM'ing 3Boyztrading to let him know he has until this Wed at noon Pacific to pay otherwise his slots will be forfeited. In the meantime I will start a waitlist for his packs here. Please post if you want to step up for either the 1988 Fleer BK Packs or the 1996 Topps Chrome BK packs. Again, RyanAdmirer has first rights to the 1988 Fleer BK packs. **

Steve
  • Options

@galaxy27 said:
    this is going down tomorrow at 12 pm PST sharp

"can't stanja, can't stanja"

Steve
  • Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Sad I can only click like once.....

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

3BOYZTRADING -- Last Active March 11, 2019 8:45PM

Must have forgot.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Paid - sorry for the delay.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

How much is the 96 chrome box?

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@slum22 said:
    I believe we are down to one at this point.

In the old days we used to send out our "enforcer" - p_andrews.

Mike
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

@Rofles said:

123.50/pack. He has 8 claimed.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent him a PM. PM notifications are typically sent to a member's email address so maybe he will see that since he hasn't logged into CU in a couple of weeks now.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Do they ship signature required? If so, will we get notice of when package shipped?

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@vintagefun said:

@Rofles said:

123.50/pack. He has 8 claimed.

Baseball or basketball?

• Options
    PADIdiverPADIdiver Posts: 133 ✭✭✭

@Rofles said:

@vintagefun said:

@Rofles said: