Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

October acquisitions begin today so whatya got?

MLBdaysMLBdays Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alex Bregman's legend is beginning this season w/ a 1/5 Gold Refractor: He's a rare slugger who actually walks (96) more than he strikes out. (85)

Comments

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the Dandy Don!

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

What’s up with the background on the Jim brown card?

• Options
    Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

watch out Western Conference, new sheriff in town

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tim Duncan.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the Batman and the Brown. So cool that you can see the old cars in the background.

• Options
    edited October 1, 2018 8:26PM

@DrJ gorgeous card, and definitely great for a 3. That Pee Wee is one of the nicest cards ever made, IMO.

Currently Collecting:

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

Digging the Batman 'rookie' card and the Jim Brown Cadillac card!

Daniel
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love that Reese, is there back damage? seems really really nice for a 3

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

incredible card! super clean for the grade. you certainly found a great example of a classic card

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Wow on that Rose. I know how tough that card is. Second only to the ‘71 in my opinion in difficulty but agree that it is the coolest of his cards. Congratulations.

• Options

Wow Kyle, that is really crisp looking congrats!

That Brock RC and 53 Reese look amazing! :wink:

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow beautiful Batman Card and the centering on the pee wee is fantastic. Everyone came to play in October

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

These found their way into my collection in the last few days....

• Options

@Kid4hof03 said:
    I haven't scanned for a while, here are a few that arrived last month but finally got scanned today

Background on the Brown...classic.

Retired Disabled Vet (Army). Corps of Engineers.

• Options
    BriYo79BriYo79 Posts: 150 ✭✭✭

Kevin, how far along are you on the PSA 10 '85 set?

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brian,

I have about 40 cards left to go.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

Some serious additions one week into the Month! Congrats to everyone. I really like the look of the 64 Rose card in general.

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Options
    yoda99yoda99 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

I picked up a raw 1963 card of John Brodie. He was one of my favorite players in the early 70s. I'm going to get this graded soon.

• Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Kevin, great looking cards. Love those 85's, good job!

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

All on the way. Kinda random. All technically fit, or will, my Hall of Fame requirement. 1 team HOF'er, 2 college HOF'ers, one lock future Pro HOF'er ;) I attended the same high school as Joe Hamilton, Macedonia High in South Carolina, graduated 7 years before he did. He's good people :)

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2018 6:52PM

Scooped this beauty. It will go off to PSA and be just the 13th slabbed which is pretty rare for anything Mickey Mantle - seems especially low for an item that is a part of his PSA Registry Master Set. Anyway, I’ve been on the hunt for this guy for a while - persistence pays off.

1962 N.Y. Yankees Team Issue - Mickey Mantle

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

Beautiful Berra MLB. Congratulations

Matt
  • Options

That Berra is amazing. So tough to find ‘63s without white corners on the bottom. Nice pick-up.

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrestling fans.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2018 1:42PM

Just got this back from PSA today. It was a BGS 8.5 so I crossed it over to fit in my PSA collection. Put a minimum grade of PSA 7. I paid what I feel was a low price on this a few months ago, especially judging from current raw offerings. Plus I think it looks better in a PSA holder, which are harder to come by. So I don't care it went from a BGS 8.5 to PSA 7. I really think BGS over graded it anyways. Its for my PC. The back edges are black border and are all pretty much chipped up.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options

@dictoresno said:
    Just got this back from PSA today. It was a BGS 8.5 so I crossed it over to fit in my PSA collection. Put a minimum grade of PSA 7. I paid what I feel was a low price on this a few months ago, especially judging from current raw offerings. Plus I think it looks better in a PSA holder, which are harder to come by. So I don't care it went from a BGS 8.5 to PSA 7. I really think BGS over graded it anyways. Its for my PC. The back edges are black border and are all pretty much chipped up.

Beautiful card and I think it looks great in the PSA lighthouse holder

Currently Collecting:

• Options
    edited October 4, 2018 6:36PM

@Huskies11 said:

@dictoresno said:

Beautiful card and I think it looks great in the PSA lighthouse holder

much nicer than it did in its bulky BGS holder, with the auto grade tile rattling around in the case. almost kinda disturbs me that BGS gave the edges an 8 to begin with, the rear chipping just seems less than that. Front of the card however is perfectly sharp.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options

@Eavdr10 said:

Not the most expensive, but as I continue to go back to my 80s roots, this was a card that I coveted as a kid. I remember my Dad having it and I used to sneak into his card stash in his dresser to give it a look. I accidentally creased the corner one day doing so. Felt awful. My parents moved from my childhood home back in May, the card stash was still there. I kept the creased up Canseco, but I’m happy to add it in a 10 as well

tough card....nice addition.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2018 4:40PM

Really tough '52 to find centered. The corners are Ehh, but bought it for the centering and also got 15% off.

• Options

Love the Robinson traded. Cool that there were 3 HOFs with that stamp in ‘72. Always like seeing the Babe rings. Amazing how many you have found. Cool that you added a new one.

• Options

@ssdawg77 said:
    A new Mantle pickup, unfortunately the mark next to his last name is on the card.

I used to think that the 67 Mantle was one of the most unappealing cards..... But for whatever reason it’s really grown on me and I like it a lot. That’s a very nice card. Congrats.

Matt
  • Options

@BPorter26 said:
    Nice Mike, those are cool rings.

I'm still on the 88 football kick, so I purchased a cello box and replaced 6 packs with 3 Bo's and 3 Boz's on top. I decided to rip the 6 packs I took out of the box and pulled this beauty of a Bo.

That’s awesome Bobby! I hope you grade that Bo Jackson soon. It looks very good.

Matt