• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

I made a quick video of some of my coins:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X45rjkYnY64

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2021 8:01AM

My passenger

I feel sometimes like a Brinks driver. Lol

Happy Friday Everyone

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • 1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2021 12:01PM

Featured for Friday - AWACS over Denali (f/k/a Mt. McKinley) and Mount Foraker

(Photographed Yesterday)

@Mr_Spud said:
    Joshua Tree

So cool.

Trying to see if any of these locations I photographed last month are a match:

@Mercury Was that the immediate predecessor to the famed 240Z Datsun?

• Bruce7789Bruce7789 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:
    With snow falling currently where I am at, it is nice to reflect back on where I was in January. A picture window view from then:

This looks kind of familiar to me, where was it taken?

Bruce

• nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Street scene, then Leningrad, USSR, 1975.
    Some of the earlier posted photos of Russia brought this to mind.

From the travel archives.

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OnWithTheHunt said:
    Having some luck finding eagles recently, the non-metallic kind anyway.

Me too, I guess ?

To the HUNT !

EGG ? (spellcheck)

@Bruce7789 said:

@1northcoin said:
    With snow falling currently where I am at, it is nice to reflect back on where I was in January. A picture window view from then:

Bruce

Hawaii Kai on Oahu

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's great @skier07 :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did Ohtani pitch a no hitter, and hit for the cycle? :)

Friday's late afternoon commute:

@bruce7789 said:

@1northcoin said:

Hawaii Kai on Oahu

OK, looked familiar, but couldn't quite place it. Spent 3 years at Scofield Barracks, Oahu. Knew it couldn't be Florida because of the Hill off to the right, but could have been Puerto Rico, Mexico or maybe Costa Rica.

Thanks,
    Bruce

edited April 3, 2021 10:46PM

@Bruce7789

Kalanianaole Highway is the highway that is seen on the horizon of my photo. It is one you probably traveled if you ever went to Hanamu Bay - the famous crescent shaped snorkeling bay and beach. Hanamu Bay is located just past Hawaii Kai and would be positioned just to the left of the photo.

Interestingly, I also recognized the same highway there in Hawaii Kai on this week's and last week's episodes of the current Magnum P.I. TV Series. For fun I took some screen shots as shared below.

First, are photos I took while sitting in dentist's chair and looking out onto the highway from inside a building. That building is then seen from the outside on the subsequent screen shots in which the building was background behind Magnum and his companion as they drove Kalanianaole Highway in their iconic red Ferrari.

And here are some added screen shots featuring the show's other "actor" - Hawaii itself.

And in this final screenshot from this week's episode of Magnum P.I. you might recognize Hawaii's Capital Building just below and to the left of the reflective Capital Place Condominium Building - a building in which friends and family reside.

edited April 4, 2021 1:11AM

@Bruce7789

Those sound like some special skills. Brought to mind a post on another site from some years ago relating to a shooting outing in which I participated. Perhaps of some related interest, here was my posting"

"With the DVD out this week for American Sniper, I guess it is fitting that I spent the day doing my own best imitation. It was actually part of a gun safety class headed by a State Trooper. After shooting AR-15 Semi-automatics fitted with .223 rounds most of the afternoon we followed it up by some semi-automatic pistol practice that included firing for the first time a 1974 Walther PPK/S that I have had for 40 years since acquiring it new.

The highlight of the day though was when our Trooper instructor allowed us to shoot his Blaser Tactical 2 with 338.Lapua. On my first shot I hit an 8 inch pie pan target at 300 meters. A single cartridge cost $7.00 so needless to say we spent more time adjusting the sights than firing. I had a chance to fire with the silencer on and off.

If anyone here is interested in seeing the Blaser Tactical 2 in action, I came across the following video clip. Reportedly the .338 Lapua was what was used to set the world distance sniper kill distance record at approximately 1.5 miles. "

(Not sure if the video clip will work here, but here is a try)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0k4RJzBK1ws

Happy Easter !
    ...(don't forget the eggs !!!!)

@hammer1 said:
    The way I feel after UCLA losing.

As a Long Beach State Graduate, UCLA was always a loser!.... :D

• MercuryMercury Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:
    @Mercury Was that the immediate predecessor to the famed 240Z Datsun?

I am not an expert by any means but there was also a Datsun 2000, which had a slightly larger engine in it, after the 1600.

Collecting Peace Dollars and Modern Crap.
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dog days of Summer

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

edited April 10, 2021 1:52PM

With Meghan and Prince Harry back in the news, here is a look back:

(Edited to add - With the subsequent passing of Prince Philip, condolences to all the Royal Family.)

@1northcoin said:

Some additions - including my Meghan look-alike daughter who while in London for the festivities was repeatedly questioned if she was Meghan or her sister.

edited April 8, 2021 2:23AM

Moose without squirrel.

There you are !

@joeykoins said:

Nice

edited April 8, 2021 10:47PM

Friday arrives - at least in the Midwest and East Coast!

To start of this Friday here are some photos taken from my office deck.

First, a photo from the past showing the magnified snow and ice capped mountains Mount Foraker (left) and Denali (right.)

And these are views from this Thursday morning:

"I'll be back"

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file