Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2020 5:14AM

@socalbigmark Looks like my dentist office!

Almost.

Ken
  • Options
    SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WildIdea Are those yours!? I have all of my Star Wars figures still and my X-Wing!

Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

• Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SiriusBlack said:
    @WildIdea Are those yours!? I have all of my Star Wars figures still and my X-Wing!

@SiriusBlack Yeah man! These are what I have on display year round. I was 5 when SW came out and that put me at around 12 still when Jedi was released, so still into it full bore for the original three. Tron, Indian Jones, Lord of the Rings, Clash of the Titans.....those were what kept me cool till the next big SW installment.

Thankfully, my folks kept these and gave it to me when I was 25 or so when they rerelease the films in the 90’s. Now my kids are all about it. With the new films, a tear comes out my eye when the lights come up and my kids are sitting with me.

• Options
    SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WildIdea My earliest memory of any kind is seeing Return of the Jedi in the theater with my dad, I was 4. At Collectors Universe, there’s an area by all the offices where the executives have some of their collections on display, one of them has a set of Star Wars figures all lined up! When I walked in for my first interview I was like YES! My people! :D

Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

• Options

@SiriusBlack said:

I was just reading this to my wife and we laughed saying we could interpret your post as if your X-wing is life size and parked out front! Haha

• Options
    edited August 1, 2020 9:10AM

Here is a few other gems from my early days. Somehow these survived. I would have been 11 in 83. I remember listening to my Dad’s Beatles albums burning them into my memory just resetting the needle over and over while I painted, only to flip them at bathroom breaks and burning that side into my psyche. Great foundation and introduction to my imagination.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:

Familiar?

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:
    @1northcoin
    Check this out, a scarce Engelhard round from Japan!

What is the story behind Engelhard rounds? Were they exclusive to Japan?

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭

I’m really enjoying this thread a lot.

• Options

@air4mdc said:
    I’m really enjoying this thread a lot.

Ditto!!

Ken
  • Options

@WillieBoyd2 I bet they are saying that! :)

Ken
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:

@asheland said:
    @1northcoin
    Check this out, a scarce Engelhard round from Japan!

What is the story behind Engelhard rounds? Were they exclusive to Japan?

I believe they were presented to employees. All Engelhard believes only 50 to have been made!

They're shown here:
    https://allengelhard.com/definitive-pages/engelhard-rounds/

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:

growing up in pdx - this brings memories..........

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭✭✭

1930 Hungary 100 pengo banknote

1997-Present

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Twobitcollector said:
    Stopped at a car show on Saturday. Out of all the cars this was my favorite.

I had one of these in high school, indestructable.........

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DNADave said:

Blackwater Falls, West Virginia

I immediately thought of "Country road, take me home...."

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great song.

Not much to come home to any more unless you’re into meth or heroine. Nature and family are about all we have going for us.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:

Is that a wrap?

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Listen to the Music
    https://youtu.be/BOTr_4Zs_Us

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

@ParlousJoe said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:
    Provided for this Friday:

Because of these pictures that you posted 1northcoin, I ended up going and watched this movie on netflix. It was a pretty good movie, thank you for posting pictures of it and the others or I probably would never had seen this movie, I liked it a lot. Thank you for posting all of these nice pictures that you post, I enjoy looking at them.

Having just seen the Drew Barrymore/John Krasinski movie "Big Miracle" here are a few making the movie photos that may be of added interest.

First, a closer up shot of the actors on The Ice Field Set as viewed from my office balcony during the filming:

A daytime scene on the Ice Field being filmed at one of the holes being kept open for the whales to breathe:

Snowmachines gather for a scene on the Ice Field Set.

Drew Barrymore walks alone as she takes in the reality that the baby whale "Bam Bam" is no longer surfacing:

Night filming of the animatronic whale on the Ice Field Set:

Ice Field Set filming with Drew Barrymore evident in her blue parka. John Krasinski and Kristin Bell appear to be the two actors on the far right in this early filmed scene while a building on the set was still under construction.

The actors gather in one of the closing scenes as they peer out toward the Russian Ice Breaker headed toward them to break the ice wall barrier. Again, Drew is easily identifiable in her blue parka and John Krasinski is positioned with her:

As this scene was being filmed one could hear the cast yelling from blocks away. They are cheering the freeing of the whales!

The earlier construction of the Ice Field Set including placement of the animatronic whales in water tight compartments over which the holes in the ice would be positioned:

And months later with ithe the film a wrap, Dismantling the Ice Field Set including removal of the animatronic whales:

Just came across this photo I took when the Ice Field Set was nearing completion. Above the set the pictured building is where my office was located.

Another I just located from the tearing down of the Ice Field Set that was built for the filming of the Drew Barrymore and John Krasinski "Big Miracle" movie. Easily visible are the animatronic whales.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file