Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have Peaches & Cream Corn! Good stufff! :D

Ken
  • Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here for my Friday posting is a photo of a movie blooper mistake I caught in watching the film "Pearl Harbor." I had just taken a special tour into the lower levels of the battleship U.S.S. Missouri which had been a stand in for the ill fated U.S.S. Arizona and on the tour I had been shown the location on the "Broadway" corridor of the ship where the below pictured scene was filmed as the bombs fell during the attack in Pearl Harbor.

In subsequently going back to watch the DVD I identified the piece of movie making equipment on the left (light box?) that did not get edited out.

"Broadway" is the name given to the corridor on the U.S.S. Missouri way below deck that extends from one end of the ship to the other and is used to transport munitions and other heavy objects by hooks attached to a ceiling rail. It was also the filming location for a scene from a recent Godzilla film featuring battleships. (An interesting side note is that until the filming of Pearl Harbor access to "Broadway" was denied due to extensive asbestos. The producers of the movie Pearl Harbor reportedly spent over a million dollars to clear out the asbestos.).

• Options

@1northcoin said:
    Here for my Friday posting is a photo of a movie blooper mistake I caught in watching the film "Pearl Harbor." I had just taken a special tour into the lower levels of the battleship U.S.S. Missouri which had been a stand in for the ill fated U.S.S. Arizona and on the tour I had been shown the location on the "Broadway" corridor of the ship where the below pictured scene was filmed as the bombs fell during the attack in Pearl Harbor.

In subsequently going back to watch the DVD I identified the piece of movie making equipment on the left (light box?) that did not get edited out.

"Broadway" is the name given to the corridor on the U.S.S. Missouri way below deck that extends from one end of the ship to the other and is used to transport munitions and other heavy objects by hooks attached to a ceiling rail. It was also the filming location for a scene from a recent Godzilla film featuring battleships. (An interesting side note is that until the filming of Pearl Harbor access to "Broadway" was denied due to extensive asbestos. The producers of the movie Pearl Harbor reportedly spent over a million dollars to clear out the asbestos.).

And here is the scene from the above referenced Godzilla film which was filmed in the same "Broadway" corridor location on the U.S.S. Missouri where it is presently moored in Pearl Harbor.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 7, 2020 9:02AM

:)

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't tell me, don't tell me...
    Struck in Philly, Ya, Ya, Philly.
    Who brought the beer ?

• Options

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

@ParlousJoe said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:
    Provided for this Friday:

Because of these pictures that you posted 1northcoin, I ended up going and watched this movie on netflix. It was a pretty good movie, thank you for posting pictures of it and the others or I probably would never had seen this movie, I liked it a lot. Thank you for posting all of these nice pictures that you post, I enjoy looking at them.

Having just seen the Drew Barrymore/John Krasinski movie "Big Miracle" here are a few making the movie photos that may be of added interest.

First, a closer up shot of the actors on The Ice Field Set as viewed from my office balcony during the filming:

A daytime scene on the Ice Field being filmed at one of the holes being kept open for the whales to breathe:

Snowmachines gather for a scene on the Ice Field Set.

Drew Barrymore walks alone as she takes in the reality that the baby whale "Bam Bam" is no longer surfacing:

Night filming of the animatronic whale on the Ice Field Set:

Ice Field Set filming with Drew Barrymore evident in her blue parka. John Krasinski and Kristin Bell appear to be the two actors on the far right in this early filmed scene while a building on the set was still under construction.

The actors gather in one of the closing scenes as they peer out toward the Russian Ice Breaker headed toward them to break the ice wall barrier. Again, Drew is easily identifiable in her blue parka and John Krasinski is positioned with her:

As this scene was being filmed one could hear the cast yelling from blocks away. They are cheering the freeing of the whales!

The earlier construction of the Ice Field Set including placement of the animatronic whales in water tight compartments over which the holes in the ice would be positioned:

And months later with ithe the film a wrap, Dismantling the Ice Field Set including removal of the animatronic whales:

Just came across this photo I took when the Ice Field Set was nearing completion. Above the set the pictured building is where my office was located.

Another I just located from the tearing down of the Ice Field Set that was built for the filming of the Drew Barrymore and John Krasinski "Big Miracle" movie. Easily visible are the animatronic whales.

Just came across yet another that I found from my photos that I took during the filming of the movie "Big Miracle."

The Ice Field Set ready for action. Note the white felt draped over the top of the cabin to simulate a fresh snowfall as smoke escapes from the chimney. Structures such as this were built, some with wheels under them, so they could be moved and repositioned at different locations on the Ice Field Set.

• Options

While it is now officially Friday in much of the U.S., here is one of my favorite "Seascape" photos I took in Hawaii. Location is Sandy Beach on Oahu's windward (east) side, and pictured is one of my sons and his new bride.

Regarding Sandy Beach this from "thecrazytourist.com:"

"One of the most popular beaches for body boarding and surfing due to its great waves and close shore break, Sandy Beach is located on the southeast section of Oahu and offers a 1,200-foot long stretch of golden sand.

Lifeguards on duty here are constantly telling vacationers how the beach can be very dangerous for swimming because of the harsh waves. Keep in mind that the surf breaks close to the water and the waves, even during the summer season, can be huge.

Most of the vacationers who come here usually just chill in the sun or watch the surfers at play.

• Options

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

@ParlousJoe said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

Because of these pictures that you posted 1northcoin, I ended up going and watched this movie on netflix. It was a pretty good movie, thank you for posting pictures of it and the others or I probably would never had seen this movie, I liked it a lot. Thank you for posting all of these nice pictures that you post, I enjoy looking at them.

Having just seen the Drew Barrymore/John Krasinski movie "Big Miracle" here are a few making the movie photos that may be of added interest.

First, a closer up shot of the actors on The Ice Field Set as viewed from my office balcony during the filming:

A daytime scene on the Ice Field being filmed at one of the holes being kept open for the whales to breathe:

Drew Barrymore walks alone as she takes in the reality that the baby whale "Bam Bam" is no longer surfacing:

Ice Field Set filming with Drew Barrymore evident in her blue parka. John Krasinski and Kristin Bell appear to be the two actors on the far right in this early filmed scene while a building on the set was still under construction.

The actors gather in one of the closing scenes as they peer out toward the Russian Ice Breaker headed toward them to break the ice wall barrier. Again, Drew is easily identifiable in her blue parka and John Krasinski is positioned with her:

As this scene was being filmed one could hear the cast yelling from blocks away. They are cheering the freeing of the whales!

The earlier construction of the Ice Field Set including placement of the animatronic whales in water tight compartments over which the holes in the ice would be positioned:

And months later with ithe the film a wrap, Dismantling the Ice Field Set including removal of the animatronic whales:

Just came across this photo I took when the Ice Field Set was nearing completion. Above the set the pictured building is where my office was located.

Another I just located from the tearing down of the Ice Field Set that was built for the filming of the Drew Barrymore and John Krasinski "Big Miracle" movie. Easily visible are the animatronic whales.

Just came across yet another that I found from my photos that I took during the filming of the movie "Big Miracle."

The Ice Field Set ready for action. Note the white felt draped over the top of the cabin to simulate a fresh snowfall as smoke escapes from the chimney. Structures such as this were built, some with wheels under them, so they could be moved and repositioned at different locations on the Ice Field Set.

And speaking of felt used to simulate snow, here is a screenshot from the making of the Nicolas Cage film "The Frozen Ground" where sheets of white felt were also used while I was present on the set for the subject scene.

And here are several shots I took of Nicolas Cage at another shooting location here during the making of the movie in which he played a detective bringing to justice a mass murder played by John Cusack.

• Options

@1northcoin said:

Another screen shot from the movie Pearl Harbor as filmed om the "Broadway" corridor deep below the deck of the U.S.S. Missouri standing in for the destroyed Battleship U.S.S. Arizona.

• Options

My photo of Hawaii's Hanauma Bay on Oahu.

Interestingly with the site seeing little public visitation during this Pandemic with its travel restrictions to Hawaii, larger fish appear to be moving into the bay and two monk seals have taken up occupancy.

• Options
    edited August 7, 2020 1:28AM

@1northcoin said:

@ParlousJoe said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

Here is a screen shot from the making the movie feature from the Ice Field Set looking cityward that shows the above referenced Captain Cook Hotel positioned just above Drew Barrymore's character's head:

• Options
    edited August 7, 2020 3:08AM

Taking "European" Delivery in Munich. on two separate occasions. Unfortunately BMW just cancelled their European Delivery offerings.

• Options

Iceland's Blue Lagoon:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

@ParlousJoe said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

In retrospect, pictured is one of the animatronic whales as it was being positioned into its ice hole on the Ice Field Set before filming began. The containerized holes were then filled with water and removable ice hole coverings of various sizes were added as needed during the filming.

• Options
    edited August 7, 2020 3:12AM

The Hawaii Five-O Coin as I photographed at the ANA Money show in Portland before it was reholdered and name changed into a PCGS holder.

And photgraphed the same day at the Portland Zoo:

Along with a promotional photo picturing my character (wearing the pirate hat and standing in the background between Hawaii Five-0 Task Force members McGarrett and Danny on the rebooted Hawaii Five-0.

With my "upscale car" parked next to the victim's BMW in preparation for the parking lot scene of Season Four's Halloween themed Hawaii Five-0 episode.

• Options
    edited August 7, 2020 2:04AM

"Now here is a car that is just my size."

• Options
    edited August 8, 2020 1:40AM

Life imitates art:

Along with some other photos taken on travels "across the pond."

• Options
    edited August 9, 2020 12:11AM

A welcoming by Justice Ginsburg at the U.S. Supreme Court (On the occasion of our being sworn in as members of the United States Supreme Court Bar.)

And on the same trip a visit to upstate New York's other falls located in Letchworth State Park:

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Swampboy said:
    A hummingbird washing its eyes in our bird bath this week.

ADORABLE!

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2020 3:43AM

@1northcoin said:

The Ice Field Set during filming of the Drew Barrymore/John Krasinski/Christine Bell, et. al. "Big Miracle" movie.

Recognize the blocks of ice above which are seen in this CGI enhanced screen shot from the film itself?

• Options

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

@ParlousJoe said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

And speaking of felt used to simulate snow, here is a screenshot from the making of the Nicolas Cage film "The Frozen Ground" where sheets of white felt were also used while I was present on the set for the subject scene.

And here are several shots I took of Nicolas Cage at another shooting location here during the making of the movie in which he played a detective bringing to justice a mass murder played by John Cusack.

Below is my photo taken after the snow in the yard scene wrapped. The white felt has been removed, but I am holding one of the moth balls that was used as they were crushed to simulate falling snow that were blown by a fan just in front of the movie camera. FWIW, the pictured house is where the mass murderer Hansen (who would fly his victims to a remote area and then hunt them down) played by John Kusack resided as depicted in the film. In reality the perpetrator actually lived in a similar house on the same block.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    Bahama's #6: Treasure Cay!!

https://youtu.be/Y0bS8duGZZs

Love these videos.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 7, 2020 12:19PM

You know @hammer1 ? Sometimes you gotta take the kids along too. This vids for you :)
    https://youtu.be/GqSpVkzBGG4

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    You know @hammer1 ? Sometimes you gotta take the kids along too. This vids for you :)
    https://youtu.be/GqSpVkzBGG4

Too cool.

Cute kids.

Thanks for sharing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file