Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kirk222 said:

My grandson'r first 10 1/2 lb largemouth. He has caught two more since.

WOW//////////////
    I think the largest I ever caught was a little less than 3 pounds :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is it?

Well it's just my Gatorade Bottle again

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent pictures today!

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:
    1982 hard wood fender Stratocaster ... No key dots.

Man, that’s a beauty! I love the black on black Dave Gilmour style too.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2020 2:08PM

@downtown
    Man, that’s a beauty! I love the black on black Dave Gilmour style too.

Actually the body is a very, very deep blue with black wood grain going through it. It looks killer.
    It also has a very low action which makes it very fast. I love it.

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight I’ve been playing keys since the mid-80s. I love vintage keyboards but there is just something so personal about a guitar.

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that a real crow or stuffed?

Ken
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bearcave said:
    Is that a real crow or stuffed?

Real.

Being treated in a vet's office.

Probably blows the minds of the other crows. :)

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I would say so! 😂 I knew it was in house somewhere.

Ken
  • Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

@ParlousJoe said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:
    Provided for this Friday:

Because of these pictures that you posted 1northcoin, I ended up going and watched this movie on netflix. It was a pretty good movie, thank you for posting pictures of it and the others or I probably would never had seen this movie, I liked it a lot. Thank you for posting all of these nice pictures that you post, I enjoy looking at them.

Having just seen the Drew Barrymore/John Krasinski movie "Big Miracle" here are a few making the movie photos that may be of added interest.

First, a closer up shot of the actors on The Ice Field Set as viewed from my office balcony during the filming:

A daytime scene on the Ice Field being filmed at one of the holes being kept open for the whales to breathe:

Snowmachines gather for a scene on the Ice Field Set.

Drew Barrymore walks alone as she takes in the reality that the baby whale "Bam Bam" is no longer surfacing:

Night filming of the animatronic whale on the Ice Field Set:

Ice Field Set filming with Drew Barrymore evident in her blue parka. John Krasinski and Kristin Bell appear to be the two actors on the far right in this early filmed scene while a building on the set was still under construction.

The actors gather in one of the closing scenes as they peer out toward the Russian Ice Breaker headed toward them to break the ice wall barrier. Again, Drew is easily identifiable in her blue parka and John Krasinski is positioned with her:

As this scene was being filmed one could hear the cast yelling from blocks away. They are cheering the freeing of the whales!

The earlier construction of the Ice Field Set including placement of the animatronic whales in water tight compartments over which the holes in the ice would be positioned:

And months later with ithe the film a wrap, Dismantling the Ice Field Set including removal of the animatronic whales:

Just came across this photo I took when the Ice Field Set was nearing completion. Above the set the pictured building is where my office was located.

Another I just located from the tearing down of the Ice Field Set that was built for the filming of the Drew Barrymore and John Krasinski "Big Miracle" movie. Easily visible are the animatronic whales.

Just came across yet another that I found from my photos that I took during the filming of the movie "Big Miracle."

The Ice Field Set ready for action. Note the white felt draped over the top of the cabin to simulate a fresh snowfall as smoke escapes from the chimney. Structures such as this were built, some with wheels under them, so they could be moved and repositioned at different locations on the Ice Field Set.

And speaking of felt used to simulate snow, here is a screenshot from the making of the Nicolas Cage film "The Frozen Ground" where sheets of white felt were also used while I was present on the set for the subject scene.

And here are several shots I took of Nicolas Cage at another shooting location here during the making of the movie in which he played a detective bringing to justice a mass murder played by John Cusack.

For point of reference, the car seen in the screen shot was driven by mass murderer Hansen (played by John Cusack) in the movie "The Frozen Ground." Below at a staging location is the same car with the car Nicolas Cage, as the detective, drove.

And here was one of the period police cars as it is positioned just behind the detective vehicle that Nicolas Cage drove.

With this view showing yours truly standing between the cars driven by Kusack's and Cage's characters in the movie. The individual taking the photo was a movie extra who had supplied his period BMW for both the Nicolas Cage and Drew Barrymore movies "The Frozen Ground" and "Big Miracle" respectively.

• Options

@1northcoin said:
    A welcoming by Justice Ginsburg at the U.S. Supreme Court (On the occasion of our being sworn in as members of the United States Supreme Court Bar.)

And on the same trip a visit to upstate New York's other falls located in Letchworth State Park:

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kirk222 said:

A cool colored picture

Looks like my Fake Artificial Colored Eisenhower Dollar!

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

@skier07 said:
    Natural hot springs:

Is that in Utah? There are several natural hot springs (or hot pots as some call them) in areas there that look similar.

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin Ten miles from Mammoth Lakes, Ca. off the 395.

• Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

We don't let no privileged crows up in this house, no sir!

• Options

C'mon champ.

• Options
    edited August 9, 2020 9:50PM

@1northcoin said:
    Life imitates art:

Along with some other photos taken on travels "across the pond."

• Options

@skier07 said:
    @1northcoin Ten miles from Mammoth Lakes, Ca. off the 395.

Thanks

• Options

Kid asks the right questions. Will definitely be a trial lawyer.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hammer The kid also realized that the ATIS information was a recording.
    At 2:24 he says "he said the same thing" :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file