Home Precious Metals
Options

Anyone else gettting the Fat Silver Dragon today?

Comments

• Options
    mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

I ordered my one this afternoon and I hope it looks as good as the video when I get it in hand.Paid for fed ex shipping for my own peace of mind.Ordering was easy.They could teach a thing or two to the us mint.Dont want to sell but who knows?They also have two other HR coins.I might go back and take a look.Oddly enough,you can buy a kook much cheaper here than ordering from them.
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    Unavailable again. Looks like we had a small window to grab one. Thanks again for the heads up or i would have missed this. image
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    I was able to order one yesterday, I appreciate the heads up.

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it - Clint Eastwood
  • Options
    Wow lots of Dragon noobs here, where have you all been the last 6 months?
  • Options
    These are now available at the following link. Grab one while you can!

Link
  • Options

<< <i>These are now available at the following link. Grab one while you can!

Link >>

LOL Downies. Good luck with these jokers - on hot issues they'll take your order but more then likely will never deliver the coin
  • Options

<< <i>

Link >>

LOL Downies. Good luck with these jokers - on hot issues they'll take your order but more then likely will never deliver the coin >>

Got any other suggestions???
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    I would think they would be picked over for the 70s.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Link >>

LOL Downies. Good luck with these jokers - on hot issues they'll take your order but more then likely will never deliver the coin >>

Got any other suggestions??? >>

Other then ebay no. Just telling you whats happened based on mine and others experience. Downies is dead to me, I'd put Talisman there too. Apmex has a placeholder, http://www.apmex.com/Product/67736/2012_1_oz_Silver_Year_of_the_Dragon_High_Relief_Proof_Coin.aspx but you know how they roll.
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭
    Wish i have the Gold UHR Liberty so i can place it next to this Silver Dragon UHR. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    freechancefreechance Posts: 380 ✭✭
    Coin merc has them for $269.99
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Provident has the matching kanaroo too.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Missed this one! I guess I'll have to buy one off eBay for my collection.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    Credit Card has been hit.
  • Options

<< <i>Credit Card has been hit. >>

Thanks for the update i will check mine later when i get home from work. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    Amex bounced back the charges because of a fraud alert! The nice lady on the phone said I have to place a new order! image

I tried to call the Perth Mint but of course they are not picking up so I sent an email.
    Let's see if Amex made me "save" 100 bucks!

Anyone had a similar experience and can advise the best way to proceed?
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    I called APMEX to see if any available. The lady said we have no such product!
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    Hope this High relief dragon is as good or better like in the video they showed.

• Options
    Credit card just got nailed. Shipping soon I'm guessing.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Amex bounced back the charges because of a fraud alert! The nice lady on the phone said I have to place a new order! image

I tried to call the Perth Mint but of course they are not picking up so I sent an email.

Anyone had a similar experience and can advise the best way to proceed? >>

Nope...I used PayPal to pay for mine. Status has changed to: picked? No idea what that means.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>I called APMEX to see if any available. The lady said we have no such product! >>

Maybe a household limit of 1 had something to do with that. Not enough time yet for J6P to sell them theirs.image

APMEX

"Currently out of stock."
  • Options
    got the email from downies saying there was a web error and they are unable to meet the demand for these, but I can have 5% off another item.
    they haven't been very good with orders lately. but they "will not only meet your needs but exceed them! " with the new website in April. so they say
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Got the Despatch Notification for mine.
  • Options

<< <i>Got the Despatch Notification for mine. >>

Same here: "We wish to advise despatch of your order via (Federal Express), tracking number 5044218xxxxx"
  • Options

<< <i>Amex bounced back the charges because of a fraud alert! The nice lady on the phone said I have to place a new order! image

I have just received an email from the Perth Mint. They are going to process the order again and debit my card tomorrow.
    Hope this works!
  • Options
    I have an S0 # order with Perth but no movement on sending The Dragon as yet :-(
    Kip
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Options

<< <i>

I have just received an email from the Perth Mint. They are going to process the order again and debit my card tomorrow.
    Hope this works! >>

Hope all goes well Matteo! image
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭
    Shipped 3/6. Arrived 3/8.

#741.

Sorry. Phone camera.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>Shipped 3/6. Arrived 3/8.

#741.

Sorry. Phone camera.
    >>

That was quick!
    Comments on the quality and look? Is it nice, beautiful or so-so?
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    my credit card just got charged....
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Shipped 3/6. Arrived 3/8.

#741.

Sorry. Phone camera.
    >>

That was quick!
    Comments on the quality and look? Is it nice, beautiful or so-so? >>

Packaging is standard Perth. Coin is very nice but small. I have not order any high reliefs issues previously.

Very shiny (proofy?) and the high relief serves the Dragon die well.

this img demonstrates size better:

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>
    Packaging is standard Perth. Coin is very nice but small. I have not order any high reliefs issues previously.

Very shiny (proofy?) and the high relief serves the Dragon die well.

this img demonstrates size better:
    >>

Yes, it is supposed to be a proof coin
    It is small indeed. The only high relief coin I have is the UHR which is small too.

Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    Is this smaller than the Very popular UHR gold image
  • Options
    Looking at this coin, Elizabeth's portrait is really nice, the hair and crown detail is amazing. HOWEVER, I could live without the sagging neck wrinkles. Makes her look like she's got shark gills or something. Sometimes, less is more.

imageimage
  • Options
    CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
    Credit card charge. Waiting for shipping confirm.......

Now the question is save or flip and buy something I actually collect or ASE's or something else......
  • Options
    mine is at "picked" status. whatever that means.
  • Options

<< <i>Looking at this coin, Elizabeth's portrait is really nice, the hair and crown detail is amazing. HOWEVER, I could live without the sagging neck wrinkles. Makes her look like she's got shark gills or something. Sometimes, less is more.

imageimage >>

That is a Beautiful looking UHR Silver Dragon you got there epicjimi1 image
  • Options
    And for the you got to be kidding me category nomination -

2012-P Australian Year of the Dragon HIGH RELIEF SILVER PROOF by NGC PF 70 UC +

For real? Already?
  • Options
    How...how ...did...they...what the...image Already!?...Did they sleep outside PerthMint the day this was issued and flew it over the same day to NGC for super fast service/grading. imageimage
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And for the you got to be kidding me category nomination -

For real? Already? >>

More than 10 available? Time for a letter to Coin World. image

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options

<< <i>

For real? Already? >>

More than 10 available? Time for a letter to Coin World. image >>

You suggest it. You should write it. image
  • Options

<< <i>

For real? Already? >>

More than 10 available? Time for a letter to Coin World. image >>

"We were fortunate to partner with a direct distributor who received their allotment - submitted to NGC - and got them back ready to go."

I guess the 1 per household did not apply to their distributors, just to us schmucks. image
  • Options
    they have 24 available of each 69 and 70.
  • Options
    Its paradisemint. He got the first 500 struck supposedly!! Priced at $449 for 70s on his website. This is called a circle jerk between Perth, dealer and NGC. Total BS
  • Options

<< <i>Its paradisemint. He got the first 500 struck supposedly!! Priced at $449 for 70s on his website. This is called a circle jerk between Perth, dealer and NGC. Total BS >>

So 499 folks could have gotten their 1 per household orders if Perth remained true to their offering of 1 per / HH and not 500 per special status dealer...jerk dealer circle..i mean circle jerk dealer circle... image

Not to take anything from and going back to the coin itself and being that its the Year of the dragon. I still believe this particular UHR silver dragon is one of the most beautiful Modern coins ever minted.image
  • Options
    My Amex got finally hit! image
  • Options
    I suppose if I don't sell this soon, I ought to submit to NGC and see if I get a 70. For whatever that is worth.

Is PCGS grading the high relief?
  • Options

<< <i>for the late crowd. >>

LOL Talisman. Good luck with that.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>for the late crowd. >>

LOL Talisman. Good luck with that. >>

Mmm...I've purchased items from Talisman w/o ever having an issue. I have my doubts that they will be available much longer at $199. Can't get them for less anywhere else.