Home Precious Metals
Options

Anyone else gettting the Fat Silver Dragon today?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Mine is on the way, finally shipped. Here's a pic from another MB to show off the nice relief:

• Options
    My HR Dragon and 2 HR roos shipped today also.
    Currently working with nurmaler. Older transactions....circa 2011 BST transactions Gecko109, Segoja, lpinion, Agblox, oldgumballmachineswanted,pragmaticgoat, CharlieC, onlyroosies, timrutnat, ShinyThingsInPM under login lightcycler
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    Thanks for posting it HonoluluDude.
    The High Relief looks stunning, can't wait to get mine!

But, this is truly high relief! From Rwanda.

3D Dragon - Video

The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>for the late crowd. >>

LOL Talisman. Good luck with that. >>

Mmm...I've purchased items from Talisman w/o ever having an issue. I have my doubts that they will be available much longer at $199. Can't get them for less anywhere else. >>

I too have purchased few times with no problem.
    The only thing that I don't like is the way they price their products.
    Like in this case. Where did they come with the $399 price? And then they brought it down to $199.
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mine is on the way, finally shipped. Here's a pic from another MB to show off the nice relief:

image >>

That looks really awesome! Its as if the Dragon is going to jump out of that coin anytime soon. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    Another pic:

• Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>for the late crowd. >>

LOL Talisman. Good luck with that. >>

Mmm...I've purchased items from Talisman w/o ever having an issue. I have my doubts that they will be available much longer at $199. Can't get them for less anywhere else. >>

MS69s are on eBay for $200 as well.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    Hot damn..my order finally says "picked" so I am getting closer to holding that dragonimage
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Options
    mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

Thats a great picture honoluludude.Hope mine looks that good.Will recieve it tomorrow fed ex.Apparently "picked"means that your order has been taken from their stock and the mailing paperwork is being completed.
  • Options
    If my order status states "approved" can they still cancel it ? When does it change to "picked" statusimage
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
  • Options
    CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If my order status states "approved" can they still cancel it ? When does it change to "picked" statusimage >>

Mine just switched to "picked" two days ago and I got the shipping confirm today. I think you will be fine, they just seem to be working down the list.
  • Options
    Mine went from "approved" (there a long time) to "picked" to "packed" with Fedex #..will be here Monday...ordered on the 2nd
    Regards
    Kip
  • Options

<< <i>Mine went from "approved" (there a long time) to "picked" to "packed" with Fedex #..will be here Monday...ordered on the 2nd
    Regards
    Kip >>

ditto. Scheduled for Monday morning.
  • Options
    tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    I missed the opportunity so on that same they sold out, I asked if I could be placed on a waiting list (not even knowing if they did such things). I got an email yesterday saying I have one reserved for me. Since this is my first order, free shipping as well. so $97 ish? not bad...

Jim

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I missed the opportunity so on that same they sold out, I asked if I could be placed on a waiting list (not even knowing if they did such things). I got an email yesterday saying I have one reserved for me. Since this is my first order, free shipping as well. so $97 ish? not bad...

Jim >>

You'll be charged another $10 or less for currency translation.
    $107 is a great price. I sold mine on eBay for around $230, since I do not collect the series.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Mine came in today along with a couple HR roos
    Currently working with nurmaler. Older transactions....circa 2011 BST transactions Gecko109, Segoja, lpinion, Agblox, oldgumballmachineswanted,pragmaticgoat, CharlieC, onlyroosies, timrutnat, ShinyThingsInPM under login lightcycler
  • Options
    My status just went from approved to picked. image
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ordered March 1, shipped March 16

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    Ebay completed auction prices seem to be trending down the past couple of days. Most are ending south of $200.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    still waiting to receive mine
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Alas I am on the Perth waiting list. Waiting for a cancellation.
  • Options
    Got mine yesterday. This one's a keeper. Really nice looking coin.

I'm definitely getting in line for the snake.
  • Options

<< <i>Got mine yesterday. This one's a keeper. Really nice looking coin.

I'm definitely getting in line for the snake. >>

When is that one due??
    Thanks
    Kip
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Got mine yesterday. This one's a keeper. Really nice looking coin.

I'm definitely getting in line for the snake. >>

When is that one due??
    Thanks
    Kip >>

I'm guessing late this year sometime.
  • Options
    Mine just got to Singapore!

I have experience a great customer service. This lady kept sending me updates on my order (due to the issue with my card bouncing back the first charge) until it got shipped.
    For just a $100 purchase, it was surprising.

Kudos to the Perth Mint!
  • Options
    I am curious about the 2nd lunar series with the rabbit and tiger etc...Were these also considered HR like the Dragon?
    If so, I might want to do the whole #2 series..Thanks for any answers or thoughts
    Regards
    Kip
  • Options

<< <i>I am curious about the 2nd lunar series with the rabbit and tiger etc...Were these also considered HR like the Dragon?
    If so, I might want to do the whole #2 series..Thanks for any answers or thoughts
    Regards
    Kip >>

I think that the Dragon is the first Lunar coin in HR. The Perth Mint started last year (or in 2010) with the Kangaroo in high relief. I may be wrong. MM
  • Options

<< <i>I am curious about the 2nd lunar series with the rabbit and tiger etc...Were these also considered HR like the Dragon?
    Regards
    Kip >>

Dragon is the first HR as far as I know.

I was wondering how they were going to address the previous lunars for series 2. Are they going to retroactively release the tiger, rabbit, etc. in HR form?
  • Options

Dragon is the first HR as far as I know.

I was wondering how they were going to address the previous lunars for series 2. Are they going to retroactively release the tiger, rabbit, etc. in HR form? >>

Boy...I wish they would!!
  • Options
    I don't think they are going to cover the previous lunar coins in HR.
    The Perth Mint has messed already the series with the regular silver coins.
    They started the lunar series in gold and added the silver one few years later. There has been an overlapping of a couple of years.
    The Tiger, for example, is available in both designs.

We will see.
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭
    Got mine from the post office yesterday. It was nice. I then traded it the same day as part of a good sized silver deal, including a 4 oz engelhard and three 1oz JM poured bars image
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options

<< <i>Got mine from the post office yesterday. It was nice. I then traded it the same day as part of a good sized silver deal, including a 4 oz engelhard and three 1oz JM poured bars image >>

I may trade mine also but curious how much these will end up being worth.
    Kip
  • Options
    Arrived this morning...Very nice.....decisions decisions.....to keep or sell later
    Now with my luck...it will get "milk spots"image
  • Options
    got an email that mine shipped today.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    Checked the tracking number with Fed Ex today and it said it was delivered and signed for by "M. Teresa."

I don't know any M. Teresa's. The first person I thought of was Mother Teresa.

Then I called my wife and she said my mother-in-law had signed for the package....... She's no Mother Teresa..... image
  • Options

<< <i>Checked the tracking number with Fed Ex today and it said it was delivered and signed for by "M. Teresa."

Then I called my wife and she said my mother-in-law had signed for the package....... She's no Mother Teresa..... image >>

• Options

<< <i>Checked the tracking number with Fed Ex today and it said it was delivered and signed for by "M. Teresa."

Then I called my wife and she said my mother-in-law had signed for the package....... She's no Mother Teresa..... image >>

You should just be thankful that Mother Teresa was there...

or else...

• Options

My ex mother in law had a different last name....I didnt call her Mother "Teresa"image
  • Options

<< <i>Arrived this morning...Very nice.....decisions decisions.....to keep or sell later
    Now with my luck...it will get "milk spots"image >>

I am not familiar with milkspots in general... i have read in our forum here that they develope sometimes in slabbed coins and nobody knows what causes it... What if you keep your silver dragon ungraded/unslabbed will milkspots develop still sometime in the futureimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Arrived this morning...Very nice.....decisions decisions.....to keep or sell later
    Now with my luck...it will get "milk spots"image >>

I am not familiar with milkspots in general... i have read in our forum here that they develope sometimes in slabbed coins and nobody knows what causes it... What if you keep your silver dragon ungraded/unslabbed will milkspots develop still sometime in the futureimage >>

It may happen anyway. I have noticed some milk spots on my ASEs, Maples, Philhas even after an acetone bath.

My Dragon arrived today, nice coin but I thought the HR was more impressive.
  • Options
    Well... I went to the post office today and got my High Relief Silver Proof Dragon. Waited with anticipation untill i got home just a few minutes ago and just opened my package...To Trade? That's is your choice... To slab?... Maybe.... but one thing i know even though this is not made of gold this Silver Proof Dragon is a Keeper!!! It ROCKS!!! imageimageimage
  • Options
    got mine in the mail today... finally! it's still sitting unopened in the Fed Ex.
  • Options
    Gainesville has em in stock.

$189