Home Precious Metals
Options

Anyone else gettting the Fat Silver Dragon today?

carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭
Australian Lunar Series II 2012 Year of the Dragon - 1oz Silver Proof High Relief Coin

Loves me some shiny!

Comments

• Options
    rodzmrodzm Posts: 675
    Not one but two. Let the flipping begin
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>Not one but two. Let the flipping begin >>

How do you get two? Isn't there a limit of one per customer?
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where from?
    I have a couple of asian friends who were born in the year of the dragon and would like to get them something like this, depending on the price image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorely tempted, and I'm sure it will be a winning investment. But, it doesn't fit any of my collecting themes and if I start another collection now, chances are that my heirs will wonder, "what the heck was he doing and why didn't he sell it back in 2020 when it was worth so much more?"image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>

How do you get two? Isn't there a limit of one per customer? >>

Hey Im married...it doesnt say one per household. One coming to my house and one to my PO Box
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Link to where to order please.image
  • Options

<< <i>Link to where to order please.image >>

Linkified
  • Options
    And these also milk spot I suppose image
    Kip
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Options
    Thanks for the link rodzm!!image
  • Options
    CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
    Picked up one for the coolness factor. About $108 US (plus any fees your credit card may charge) with free FedEx shipping.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

were these just released today?
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice, but kind of on the high
    side !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options

<< <i>Picked up one for the coolness factor. About $108 US (plus any fees your credit card may charge) with free FedEx shipping. >>

I got 1 also, (my 1st purchase) but no free shipping for under $300 and I didnt want any thing else they had
    Kip
  • Options
    CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
    Hmm. I only got one and it gave me free shipping. You may want to call or email.
  • Options

Is anyone else having a glitch on step 5 of checkout where their "submit order" button at the foot of the screen isn't showing up???

• Options
    freechancefreechance Posts: 380 ✭✭
    nope no problem, just did it
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free shipping is for your "First order" only to the Perth Mint.

Ordered 1...free s&h...paid via PayPal.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

Tried logging out and ordering again and still no "Submit Order" button on Step 5 of the checkout process. Can't understand it....??

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭
    I am getting a headache searching through Apmx at all this perth mint lunar stuff trying to research if this one will do well for flipping.

The mint shows a mintage of 7,500 for this. But Apmx and elsewhere I am seeing a 5,000 mintage figure? Is this high relief different than the "regular" one?

And wtf is with all these colorized, gilded, gemstone and whatnot issues of the same coin? Not to mention the 1/2oz, 1oz, 2oz, 10oz, kilo sizes... And all this time I thought the Royal Canadian Mint was the worst for gimmicky crap turning coin collecting into sportscard collecting...

And after all that I bought one. Woe is me!
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    freechancefreechance Posts: 380 ✭✭
    -------The mint shows a mintage of 7,500 for this. But Apmx and elsewhere I am seeing a 5,000 mintage figure? Is this high relief different than the "regular" one?--------

high relief is different from reg proof.
  • Options

<< <i>-------The mint shows a mintage of 7,500 for this. But Apmx and elsewhere I am seeing a 5,000 mintage figure? Is this high relief different than the "regular" one?--------

high relief is different from reg proof. >>

Ah thanks. Silly me, thinking "why would there be different versions of the same proof coin?" image
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options

<< <i>I am getting a headache searching through Apmx at all this perth mint lunar stuff trying to research if this one will do well for flipping.

The mint shows a mintage of 7,500 for this. But Apmx and elsewhere I am seeing a 5,000 mintage figure? Is this high relief different than the "regular" one?

And wtf is with all these colorized, gilded, gemstone and whatnot issues of the same coin? Not to mention the 1/2oz, 1oz, 2oz, 10oz, kilo sizes... And all this time I thought the Royal Canadian Mint was the worst for gimmicky crap turning coin collecting into sportscard collecting...

And after all that I bought one. Woe is me! >>

You need to get with the program. Perth Mint is probably the most profitable Mint in the World. It produces what buyers want with very low mintage's, and most of their stuff sells out in relative short times. The market for the colorized stuff has not caught on as much in the U.S. (The US Mint for some reason does not believe in beautifying their dull designs) like it has in the rest of the World, but I suspect it will sooner than later. Just think about it...we just purchased a 1 oz proof bullion coin for almost 3 x meltimage
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭
    6 hour sell out!

Say what you want, but his issue is a no brainer. winner- winner chicken dinner.

Proof. High Relief of popular Dragon design. 7500 Mintage. and its got extra Dragon sauce!

I hit a double on this fastball down the middle.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is now sold out.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    ou need to get with the program. Perth Mint is probably the most profitable Mint in the World. It produces what buyers want with very low mintage's, and most of their stuff sells out in relative short times. The market for the colorized stuff has not caught on as much in the U.S. (The US Mint for some reason does not believe in beautifying their dull designs) like it has in the rest of the World, but I suspect it will sooner than later. Just think about it...we just purchased a 1 oz proof bullion coin for almost 3 x melt

The mint will produce a bi-precious metals American Silver Eagle soon in Silver and Gold with a mintage of only 5K.

It says unavailable. Guess it sold out.
  • Options

<< <i>ou need to get with the program. Perth Mint is probably the most profitable Mint in the World. It produces what buyers want with very low mintage's, and most of their stuff sells out in relative short times. The market for the colorized stuff has not caught on as much in the U.S. (The US Mint for some reason does not believe in beautifying their dull designs) like it has in the rest of the World, but I suspect it will sooner than later. Just think about it...we just purchased a 1 oz proof bullion coin for almost 3 x melt

The mint will produce a bi-precious metals American Silver Eagle soon in Silver and Gold with a mintage of only 5K. >>

I bet you if the Mint colorized their 5 oz pucks, they'd sell like hot cakes. image
  • Options

<< <i>I think it is now sold out. >>

IT is SOLD OUT... image
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads-up thread carew4me!

I wasn't sure but then I thought that a high relief dragon must have been cool!
    The question now is, to flip it or not to flip it?
    My second child will arrive in august but I was thinking for him/her to replicate the lunar set I built for his older brother and the HR tiger was never made.
    Let's first take a look to the coin and then I will decide.
  • Options
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Way too high over spot. Would be fun to flip it, but not really worth the trouble for just one coin.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    Now it shows
  • Options
    I picked up two.

I'm guessing this will be the beginning of a new lunar series-- high relief silver proofs.

Wondering if there's going to be a HR gold proof on the horizon as well.
  • Options
    VetterVetter Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, now that they are sold out and I might add way to fast for me to get my order in. What do you think they will bring on the secondary market and will the prices hold?
    Members I have done business with:
    Silverman68, jfoot13, GAB, ricman, Smittys, scrapman1077, RyGuy, Connecticoin, Meltdown, VikingDude, Peaceman, Patches and more.
  • Options

<< <i>Okay, now that they are sold out and I might add way to fast for me to get my order in. What do you think they will bring on the secondary market and will the prices hold? >>

I would think they will keep a nice premium in the after market if it is a new series. Limited mintage + high relief + proof + lunar series = bingo.
  • Options
    It's back in stock. Quick!

I guess the PM is cancelling a lot of ineligible orders.
  • Options
    stole this from another board. awesome.

video
  • Options
    Status is again "unavailable"
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just bought one. Easy peasy. Thank you for the heads up. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    alright.... y'all convinced me... Just put in an order. got free shipping too, since it was my first order from them.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options

<< <i>alright.... y'all convinced me... Just put in an order. got free shipping too, since it was my first order from them. >>

my first also and I got dinged 128.16 and emails go unanswered
    Kip
  • Options
    They're slow you'll get an email. free shipping was only orders over $300 / You guys were right. Got an email from them that said free shipping through April for first time customers. Not sure why they tagged postage on mine but sent them an email. Email also said these are sold out.
  • Options

<< <i>They're slow you'll get an email. free shipping was only orders over $300 >>

it said free 1st time orders..That came up when I joined..
  • Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭
    I got free shipping too.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes they have a free shipping promotion for first time orders placed before April something. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    I got an order in thx for the tip I got all the other non colored versions

Gary
    Ebay Seller Americansilvereagle 800+ feedback
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My order just went through - piece of cake

I see one just sold on EB for $225.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the link rodzm!!image[/q

Thanks alot got me one
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    I got my order confirmation.
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭
    Honoluludude ROCKS!!! Thanks for looking out.image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>alright.... y'all convinced me... Just put in an order. got free shipping too, since it was my first order from them. >>

my first also and I got dinged 128.16 and emails go unanswered
    Kip >>

Just got an email and they have changed the charged amount to amount with free shippingimage