Home Precious Metals
Options

Aussie Lunar 2012 Dragons

Comments

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have a good source for 1 oz silver proofs? Best I can find is MCM @ $395 in a pf69. I think these are far nicer than the bullions -- which are basically a reverse proof.

The difference being the proof finish on the bullion devices makes their detail stand down. The frosted devices on the proof enhances details.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

<< <i>On another note, I am displeased at the plethora of colors etc that are coming out. I just heard that the Perth's major distributors have the "power" to package them differently than what the Perth sells. Case in point: 1/2 oz silver proofs in individual packaging. Perth only sold them in a 3-coin set, but the Russian distributor is now selling individuals -- in OGP. >>

I head about this as well, but I can't find any more info on it. I would love to find a source for 1/2 oz proof's in Russia... sounds like a lot of work, but if I find anything, I will keep you all posted.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>APMEX has what I feel is a good price on 1 oz PCGS MS70 1st Strike Coins. $199.99 ea.

Best prices I found on eBay were $450 - $475 up to guys asking $750 for the PCGS MS70 FS 2012 coins.

I got all I wanted,,,,,, you guys can have the rest image

GrandAm image

Edited to add the link image

APMEX 2012 PCGS MS70 1st Strike Dragons

Better hurry,,,,, after my purchases they only have 335 pcs left. image >>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APMEX had 335 yesterday. Down to 231 pcs as of now. image

I still haven't seen any PCGS 1/2 oz Dragons for sale,,,, has anyone else seen any?
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    APMEX now has about 5 sets of the 3 coin(2,1& 1/2 oz) proofs for $1798!!!! $1849 CC price.
    Think i'll pass.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>APMEX now has about 5 sets of the 3 coin(2,1& 1/2 oz) proofs for $1798!!!! $1849 CC price.
    Think i'll pass. >>

I don't think the markup is worth it on that one. I'll wait for the counterfeit version from China.

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

2012-P Australia 1 Oz Silver Lunar (Series 2) Year of the Dragon $1 NGC MS70 ER Mint State 70 Early Releases - Now $159 at MCM, 25 left

2012-P Australia 1 Oz Silver Lunar (Series 2) Year of the Dragon $1 PCGS MS70 First Strike - Still $199 @ APMEX, 228 left
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    I placed my order with Perth Mint on 10/5 and I haven't received any tracking information yet on their site. Were there any delays on shipping the guilded and colored coins? I emailed them but haven't received a response.
  • Options
    They say on their site that shipping will begin Oct 18th I think....
  • Options
    I finally managed to pay and secure 2 sets of the 9 Coin Colorized Dragons. Only way to get the different colors is through this set which is limited to 20,000 and only available to the chinese market (unless of course an outside distributor gets a hold of a few). I should get it in about 2 weeks

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool!

I was eyeballing one of the red ones, but man those black and grey ones looks sweet.
  • Options

<< <i>I finally managed to pay and secure 2 sets of the 9 Coin Colorized Dragons. Only way to get the different colors is through this set which is limited to 20,000 and only available to the chinese market (unless of course an outside distributor gets a hold of a few). I should get it in about 2 weeks

image >>

Do you have source for these?
  • Options
    Check This one out.... First one on US soil!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270842986113
  • Options
    I take it that's yours.
  • Options
  • Options
    Yep.... My Pride and Joy..... took me forever to get my two sets.....
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>APMEX has what I feel is a good price on 1 oz PCGS MS70 1st Strike Coins. $199.99 ea.

Best prices I found on eBay were $450 - $475 up to guys asking $750 for the PCGS MS70 FS 2012 coins.

I got all I wanted,,,,,, you guys can have the rest image

GrandAm image

Edited to add the link image

APMEX 2012 PCGS MS70 1st Strike Dragons

Better hurry,,,,, after my purchases they only have 335 pcs left. image >>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APMEX had 335 yesterday. Down to 231 pcs as of now. image

I still haven't seen any PCGS 1/2 oz Dragons for sale,,,, has anyone else seen any? >>

They must have gotten a sh_t load in recently....up to 3484 available now
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>Yep.... My Pride and Joy..... took me forever to get my two sets..... >>

Nice! Good luck with the sale, beautiful set.
  • Options
    Anyone in on the 1/2 oz baby dragon? Or the rectangle silver dragons?
  • Options
    I tried for 2 hrs to get a Cook Island rectangle Dragon set. Would not let me get past the final checkout. Took forever, finally gave up. Then, this morning, I checked and the site said my order was "created"? I have no idea if I even got one, since it would not let me get past the paypal or the credit card step?
  • Options

<< <i>Check This one out.... First one on US soil!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270842986113 >>

Doubled+ your money?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Check This one out.... First one on US soil!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270842986113 >>

Doubled+ your money? >>

After all the fees... not exactly. Getting these out of China is like pulling teeth from a Dragon. image

Then again, the new owner is one of only a handful of people in the US that actually owns one of these.
  • Options
    Here is an ebay auction selling the 9 coin sets for $1250. Seems like a good price.

Linky
  • Options
    Looks like the auction was cancelled already. Oh well.
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like the auction was cancelled already. Oh well. >>

Here is one for $1290Don't know if there real though?
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I guess it was the same seller lowering the price.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options

<< <i>

Here is one for $1290Don't know if there real though? >>

Chinese based seller ... 10 sets were available...down to 4 & I suspect more to come. ........Caveat emptor...............
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Here is one for $1290Don't know if there real though? >>

Chinese based seller ... 10 sets were available...down to 4 & I suspect more to come. ........Caveat emptor............... >>

Run away as fast as you can!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    That Chinese seller is as good as they comeimage

I have bought many coins from him Jimage

GrandAm image
  • Options

I agree. Not all chinese sellers are bad. If you've been around for awhile its actually easy to tell which ones are legit.
  • Options

<< <i>I agree. Not all chinese sellers are bad. If you've been around for awhile its actually easy to tell which ones are legit. >>

Check my join date against yours....I wouldn't touch em.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I agree. Not all chinese sellers are bad. If you've been around for awhile its actually easy to tell which ones are legit. >>

Check my join date against yours....I wouldn't touch em. >>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My join date is bigger than your join date image

hangzhouhuayinshoucangpin ( Feedback Score Of 4147)
    99.9% Positive feedback

This is a 100% LEGIT HONEST eBay Chinese seller. I have purchased MANY coins from him.

How many times has he cheated you? I dare say NONE!!!!!!

GrandAm image
  • Options

<< <i>

• Options
    First batch of 10 sold out...Now he's got another 10 up for sale...(just as I suspected in my earlier comment)

10 more up for sale

check out his BIN for 8 sets ... (3 available)

$9600 for 8 sets

It won't be long before these will drop in price...
  • Options
    I think that guy bought 300 or so sets, and it looks like he is doing some kind of aftermarket sealing of the capsules to prevent them from being damaged in shipment. Either that, or he has a really nice sticker machine, and is making counterfeits out of real bullion dragons... image

It will be interesting to see how many of these sets make it out of China?
  • Options
    I just heard that Baoquan is actually shipping these in that new packaging because they had so many damaged capsules the first time around.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Another gullible tool. Hustled out of his hard earned minimum wage earnings for Chinese junk.

Me love you long time. image

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Less expensive than the Chinese seller...He's still peddling his at $1,250
  • Options
    I just hit the Pamp lady and the MTB guy for an update on the pamp dragon bars availability. We'll see if they say anything, but I haven't seen any yet live.
  • Options

<< <i>I just hit the Pamp lady and the MTB guy for an update on the pamp dragon bars availability. We'll see if they say anything, but I haven't seen any yet live. >>

The eBay pre sellers are still getting around $70 for the 1 oz silver bar. Even a few US pre sellers are getting into the act. Most of the BIN's are dying on the vine.
  • Options
    Here's what I got from MTB this morning.

We are awaiting customs to permit us to bring these bars into u.s. as bars for investment as opposed to jewelry. The tax would make the bars much too expensive. Hopefully we will have approval shortly and I certainly will advise you

Best
    Michael Kramer
  • Options
    Looks like these Pamp Dragon bars are showing up "in hand" on Ebay.

Can't wait for mine to arrive!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    There are some new "Generic" dragon bars at APMEX now....
  • Options

<< <i>There are some new "Generic" dragon bars at APMEX now.... >>

Yup..not to shabby...I purchased a few of the 1 ozers yesterday when I received their email...@ 1/2 the price of what the PAMP bars are going for.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>There are some new "Generic" dragon bars at APMEX now.... >>

Yup..not to shabby...I purchased a few of the 1 ozers yesterday when I received their email...@ 1/2 the price of what the PAMP bars are going for. >>

And none of the Pamp caché.
  • Options
    Still none of them seem even remotely close to the awesomeness of the Shenyang Mint Bars from Baoquan.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/X9MV45lw1w0

(takes a while to load the video, but worth it)
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Still a nice premium over spot but Apmex now has the Australian 2012 dragon 1oz coins for $84.99 today.

Feels like just yesterday (well, it was just a couple of months ago) that these were ~$110-$120 all day long. I bought one. Thankfully, only 1.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Still none of them seem even remotely close to the awesomeness of the Shenyang Mint Bars from Baoquan.

(takes a while to load the video, but worth it) >>

I
    I'm in China now. In hand these less then dazzled me. I also found the 9 piece colorized Lunar sets. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Still none of them seem even remotely close to the awesomeness of the Shenyang Mint Bars from Baoquan.

I
    I'm in China now. In hand these less then dazzled me. I also found the 9 piece colorized Lunar sets. MJ >>

What's the local going rate for these there?
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I
    I'm in China now. In hand these less then dazzled me. I also found the 9 piece colorized Lunar sets. MJ >>

What's the local going rate for these there? >>

5950 yuan for the nine piece set. The yuan is 6.3 to the dollar so about $944. They were 5000 yuan or $800 about a month ago until they sold out and had to be resupplied.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......