Home Precious Metals

Aussie Lunar 2012 Dragons

Comments

• CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    So is anybody buying these Lunar dragons at their asking price considering that Silver is at $31/ounce currently?
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So is anybody buying these Lunar dragons at their asking price considering that Silver is at $31/ounce currently? >>

I wouldn't buy them at their current price even if silver was still at $50. I was looking to get the kilo proof at Perth Mint prices but now everyone is gouging at $3,500. I'm not putting $1,500 in anybody's pocket.
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    Yes, hard to have a full set without one. image
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    I needed two silver 1 oz. for the sets.
    image are you gonna do?

I don't think I've ever paid that much for silver.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, these have legs beyond spot. Good luck finding anything close. The world is after these.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    all gone! Ampex, Gainesville out of stock. Only place I can find any is on fleabay.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still haven't seen any PCGS 1/2 oz Silver Dragons anywhere image
    GrandAm :)
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    relax. Perth is going to press a bunch of all sizes all through 2012.

You will be able to buy all you can afford. graded, raw whatever.

Of course the 1 oz and proofs are not included in the above statement

Loves me some shiny!
    Gainesville still has them for $118 wire/cash price. That's the best deal anywhere I've found, unless you turn over some rocks overseas.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Gainesville dropped 1 oz silver price to $99
    MCM has a nice graded selection now -- kilo, 10 oz, 2 oz, 1 oz (prf & unc) 1/2 oz silvers. Most gold too.
  • Golden Eagle Coin (I have never used them until about 10 minutes ago). Have them for $99.00 credit card price.... plus 14.95 S/H. They have 105 left as of now.

http://www.goldeneaglecoin.com/Buy_Silver/Australian_Lunar_Silver_Series_II/Lunar_Series_II_Silver_One_Ounce

I think the price may come down a little more for these.... but hard to tell. I called APMEX and asked them when they would be selling the 1 ouncers without the limit, and they said they are not planning on it anytime soon, even though Gainsville has them for 101 credit card with a very high limit (like 700). They just must be hard to get still...?

• Tiggs2012Tiggs2012 Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Apmex now has all the silver proofs listed for ridiculous prices, easily over ebay prices. Such a ripoff. 2k for the 3 coin silver set as one example, 4k for the kilo silver proof.
  • JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Apmex now has all the silver proofs listed for ridiculous prices, easily over ebay prices. Such a ripoff. 2k for the 3 coin silver set as one example, 4k for the kilo silver proof. >>

I seen that this morning. It makes me wish when I got the email from Talisman back on September 6th with notice of these going on sale, I would of pulled the trigger instead of waiting. $120 for the 1 oz proof,$450 for the 3 piece proof and $2500 for the kilo. Ampex $818 for 1 oz proof,$1995 for 3 piece proof and $4114 for kilo.
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    APMEX now has the 1 oz proof for $795.00/wire or check and $818.85/CC price.

Truely crazy pricng for an ounce of silver!!!!!!!!!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more

• << <i>APMEX now has the 1 oz proof for $795.00/wire or check and $818.85/CC price.

Truely crazy pricng for an ounce of silver!!!!!!!!! >>

Completely Nutz!!!!!!
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, it's not about the metal, it's about what's stamped on it, isn't the word for that "numismatic"?

these ain't just bullion

edit: not to mention, they're here in 2011 from THE FUTURE! how exciting!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Yes, I have to agree, they are Numismatics, but even so, the prices are already hitting those of the 2000 issues. Any even though the 2000 issues can not ever be minted again, the 2012 series will have some of them with unlimited mintages (until the series is over). I can understand the prices on the Proofs, and the limited mintage BU coins, but the ones that will be minted for several more years should not be as high as they are.
  • ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    I got my 2012 Dragons today...some from Apmex, some from Gainsville and some from Paradise Mint.
    Waiting on a few others, but, I absolutely love these. What do you guys think????
    Kilo, 10 oz, 5 oz, 2 oz, 1 oz, 1/2, plus 9 other 1 ozs
    1/4 oz, 1/10, 1/20 and 3 NGC Early Release MS70s
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123

<< <i> I got my 2012 Dragons today...some from Apmex, some from Gainsville and some from Paradise Mint.
    Waiting on a few others, but, I absolutely love these. What do you guys think????

<< <i>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have more than your alloted quota,,,, a man in a black suit will be knocking on your door shortly to

"Spread the wealth" around image
    Nice group Zub. I got my group of 1oz from Gainesville yesterday and as usual, the Perth Mint does outstanding production.

If only they could trade the overly-repetitive obverse for something more creative, these would be fabulous. The reverse proof-like strike does not put the obverse in the best "light".

• << <i>I got my 2012 Dragons today...some from Apmex, some from Gainsville and some from Paradise Mint.
    Kilo, 10 oz, 5 oz, 2 oz, 1 oz, 1/2, plus 9 other 1 ozs
    1/4 oz, 1/10, 1/20 and 3 NGC Early Release MS70s >>

Nice Gallery of Dragons there. I am sooooo jealous. Damn it.... I ordered my APMEX coins about 10 minutes after the email went out on Aug 26th. Yesterday, I received an email that they expect a few more weeks delay in getting my coins in stock. According to an APMEX employee I spoke with at the Phily show, they were still short on 1/2 oz coins. So, apparently, my order, all silver Dragons, which had four of the 1/2 oz coins (plus every other size but the 1 oz) was no different than yours, but with more 1/2 oz coins, and for that reason, they decided not to ship anything of mine until they get more of the 1/2 oz coins? That sucks, but I am headed to the P.O. today to pick up my Dragon I got on eBay from Germany, and another package? I think from either Gainesville or Golden Eagle. Either way, I should be holding a 2012 Dragon by the afternoon.

I think the thing that is most striking about the Perth coins is that the diameter change is very small (proportionately) as you increase from 1/2 oz silvers up up to 1 Kg, due to the increased thickness or course, but the 1/2 oz coins actually look very nice as a result, much closer to the size of a 1 oz than I expected.
  • So, until I get my 2012 Dragons, I will just stare at my only other Dragon...
    Nice flock Zubs!

Loves me some shiny!
  • ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    Added a couple more...

PCGS MS70 First Strike and an NGC PF70 Early Release
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • APMEX now appears to have them listed again, 1400 of them? but I don't see any limit. 102.99 with credit card.
  • RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So, until I get my 2012 Dragons, I will just stare at my only other Dragon... >>

And I will stare at mine....until I get the proof image

• USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just received mine - what a beauty!

Question: do you all leave it in the plastic bag it comes in? Is that number a unique serial number, or just a stock number?

Thanks

<< <i>Just received mine - what a beauty!

Question: do you all leave it in the plastic bag it comes in? Is that number a unique serial number, or just a stock number?

Thanks >>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need a photo to see what you are talking about image

<< <i>Just received mine - what a beauty!

Thanks >>

That is a store sticker. there are no serial numbers on any of these issues.
    R

Loves me some shiny!
  • USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!

• << <i>APMEX now appears to have them listed again, 1400 of them? but I don't see any limit. 102.99 with credit card. >>

Where do you look at apmex for how many they have left of this and other items?
    Thanks

• << <i>

<< <i>APMEX now appears to have them listed again, 1400 of them? but I don't see any limit. 102.99 with credit card. >>

Where do you look at apmex for how many they have left of this and other items?
    Thanks >>

just go to the item you want on APMEX, then put a large number in the "quantity to purchase" box. I just hit 9 consecutively until it pops up with a window that tells you how many are left.... and then puts that number in your box. Be careful if you hit buy it now after that, you may have 1.2 million in your shopping cart.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet jesus, any idea on these? Can we get these from any of the stateside dealers? First I've seen.

http://bullionmoney.com.au/
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man DrBusta those are GREAT
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Perth Mint has the colorized and guilded versions of the silver coins for sale right now. The type set is already sold out. I had no chance at that offer. It went from unavailable to sold out immediately. Perth Link

<< <i>Perth Mint has the colorized and guilded versions of the silver coins for sale right now. The type set is already sold out. I had no chance at that offer. It went from unavailable to sold out immediately. Perth Link >>

There website is a complete joke. Much worse than the US Mint when there is a hot product.
    It took 40 minutes to get to submit for type set and after pressing final submit...another error.
    No order.

Loves me some shiny!

<< <i>man DrBusta those are GREAT >>

The design is sweet for sure.

I'd spring for a couple of the silver sizes if I can find and order some easily. I saw/read they'd go up to 100g size and should go for about spot+$16/oz on average to start. Ordering from Australia is a PITA though.

• << <i>

<< <i>man DrBusta those are GREAT >>

The design is sweet for sure.

I'd spring for a couple of the silver sizes if I can find and order some easily. I saw/read they'd go up to 100g size and should go for about spot+$16/oz on average to start. Ordering from Australia is a PITA though. >>

He raised prices on the 1 ozers overnight so more like $18-19 over spot, and spot falling again. Shipping over $150 to States plus Intl bank wire fees. These are pricey. Still like them though.

Re Perth website, it works well and is slick for 99.9% of the time but these dragon sales each month bring it to its knees.
    Are there no authorized Pamp dealers in the states that could order those direct for sales here??
    Gainsville is a big Pamp seller. The thing that bothers me is that there is NO mention of this item outside of the single seller.

No press release from Pamp . Nothing.

Loves me some shiny!
  • I just placed my first order with Perth and got the free shipping. Is shipping really only 5-7 days from Australia to USA?
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>I just placed my first order with Perth and got the free shipping. Is shipping really only 5-7 days from Australia to USA? >>

I have ordered a couple of times from them (the 0.5g Kangaroo coins).
    Both times it took approximately 5/7 days from the day they shipped.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • The Perth site still has 1/2 oz color proof, 1 oz gilt, and Kilo Ruby eye. I am a bit perplexed by this, since the BU 1 oz had a mintage of 300,000 and sold out in a matter of hrs, but these are lower mintages, yet still for sale? I guess that their is not the same demand for the color coins? Gainesville has the 2000 gilt slabbed for 350-500 (ms68-69). APMEX has the 2000 Gemstone Kilo for nearly 4,000. With identical mintages, and an increased fan base, one would think that these would also sell out fast, but I guess the market is smaller for these.

The 4 coin set and 1 oz colored proof are gone though.

Free shipping to the US if over $300 though.....

• << <i>The Perth site still has 1/2 oz color proof, 1 oz gilt, and Kilo Ruby eye. I am a bit perplexed by this, since the BU 1 oz had a mintage of 300,000 and sold out in a matter of hrs, but these are lower mintages, yet still for sale? I guess that their is not the same demand for the color coins? Gainesville has the 2000 gilt slabbed for 350-500 (ms68-69). APMEX has the 2000 Gemstone Kilo for nearly 4,000. With identical mintages, and an increased fan base, one would think that these would also sell out fast, but I guess the market is smaller for these.

The 4 coin set and 1 oz colored proof are gone though.

Free shipping to the US if over $300 though..... >>

The 1 ozers are still for sale. Just click on the 1/2 oz colored coin and it gives you the option to add the 1 oz to cart. I agree that its wierd that these haven't sold out. I guess the limit is making them more of a hassel to deal with. I still think its a good deal and a good flip in the long run.

link

• << <i>The 1 ozers are still for sale. Just click on the 1/2 oz colored coin and it gives you the option to add the 1 oz to cart. I agree that its wierd that these haven't sold out. I guess the limit is making them more of a hassel to deal with. I still think its a good deal and a good flip in the long run.

link >>

I just checked, and it says unavailable next to the 1 oz.

Interesting though, if you want the gilt, 1 oz, you can get it cheaper without the box (capsule only) by buying the one listed with the 12 coin case (different product number). I wonder if it would let you exceed the 5 coin limit by buying 5 w/ box and 5 without?

BTW.. Talisman has them back in stock again.... price went up a bit, but still ok I guess.

• << <i>

<< <i>The 1 ozers are still for sale. Just click on the 1/2 oz colored coin and it gives you the option to add the 1 oz to cart. I agree that its wierd that these haven't sold out. I guess the limit is making them more of a hassel to deal with. I still think its a good deal and a good flip in the long run.

link >>

I just checked, and it says unavailable next to the 1 oz.

Interesting though, if you want the gilt, 1 oz, you can get it cheaper without the box (capsule only) by buying the one listed with the 12 coin case (different product number). I wonder if it would let you exceed the 5 coin limit by buying 5 w/ box and 5 without?

BTW.. Talisman has them back in stock again.... price went up a bit, but still ok I guess. >>

Ha Ha Ha, at the time I wrote that, i was able to add to cart. It must have popped up as available for just a moment and then went unavailable. The perth is funny that way. I was able to get one of the 5oz koalas that way. It was sold out and then for about an hour it popped back up as add to cart and was able to purchase one. I keep checking back on the type set in hopes of hitting that lottery. I even called the mint to ask if they had any more available and they said no of course. Anyway, I got my colored 1oz, 1/2 oz and 5 1oz gilds ordered, so i'm happy.
  • Any idea where to the get 1/2 oz gilt? I think I saw one on eBay somewhere, but I don't see Perth selling them?
    APMEX has what I feel is a good price on 1 oz PCGS MS70 1st Strike Coins. $199.99 ea.

Best prices I found on eBay were $450 - $475 up to guys asking $750 for the PCGS MS70 FS 2012 coins.

I got all I wanted,,,,,, you guys can have the rest image

GrandAm image

Edited to add the link image

APMEX 2012 PCGS MS70 1st Strike Dragons

Better hurry,,,,, after my purchases they only have 335 pcs left. image
    APMEX's price ruined the day for many holding 1 oz PCGS 70's. Prices are dropping like rocks now. I can't see how NGC's will stand up at ~$200 much longer -- you might be able to get one in the $160 range soon. MCM still has NGC's at $219, so if you are shopping for a 70, stand by. Personally, I'm not sure I want one, the quality is quite high on these and they look just fine in the capsule.

On another note, I am displeased at the plethora of colors etc that are coming out. I just heard that the Perth's major distributors have the "power" to package them differently than what the Perth sells. Case in point: 1/2 oz silver proofs in individual packaging. Perth only sold them in a 3-coin set, but the Russian distributor is now selling individuals -- in OGP.