Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official 2011 Topps Heritage Thread: no sticker autos in THIS product!

Comments

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    That's a beauty!! And it's even dated - awesome!!
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    great cut, congrats, boy Robin Roberts have been a heritage mainstay.
  • Options
    Thanks for the stamp CL, looks like there is only one Holliday stamp......good news for me as I can now stop looking!
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the C/l Jeff. Yes that's a great cut!
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 555 ✭✭✭
    ok - so after buying another box, I think I'm done. I'll try and put the rest of my set together, but if I get one more Francisco Liriano Relic Card, I think I'll scream. What are the odds? Of the 3 relics I have pulled, all are of Francisco!!!! What are the odds!!!

Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for the stamp CL, looks like there is only one Holliday stamp......good news for me as I can now stop looking! >>

FTS-49 Mat Latos / Matt Holliday
    FTS-56 Matt Holliday / David Price
    Text tradepage, including Heritage Chromes, SPs, and inserts - www.freewebs.com/heritagetrade

Photobucket - http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z142/heritagetrade/For Trade/
  • Options
    Anybody collecting the stamps this year?
  • Options
    Missed the Latos.....the search is back on.
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Anybody collecting the stamps this year?

I picked up a group last year but short on money this year, Wish i could!
  • Options
    i KNEW this was going to be an issue.

i won two separate Heritage "Tints" and neither of them are Tints

dumb eBay sellers
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Fantastic mail day today!

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    LOVE it!

• Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭
    I don't know if anyone (or I) posted this ....but card #311.

Jeter makes the double play

In the fourth frame he is still holding the ball, and with the position of his hand and arm, there is no way he is going to turn the double play.

I wonder if the guys at Topps have inside jokes on certain cards (usually Yankees or Red Sox)
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Doran,

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is really nice.

aconte
  • Options
    You have some really nice autos this year Doran.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    Josephcb09Josephcb09 Posts: 286 ✭✭
    Hey Doran, we can be twins.....

Offer accepted this morning
  • Options
    NIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!
  • Options
    Nice, even though there are so few Koufax autos at least two of them have now made it into the hands of forum members!
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ginter has far surpassed heritage in value, up until this year heritage was just loaded with garbage. Of course if you stay away from wax and only buy sets or
    what you want then you might not even notice. I think long time heritage guys are getting out because they remember when this product was worth ripping for
    both fun AND value. If you think Ginter is high at 90 a box then you should be paying no more than 50 for a box of heritage, because that is really what it
    is worth. Topps feeds off set builders here and has for a long time. I thought they made a huge effort this year to make boxes more valuable, but in the end
    what did they really add....25 Koufax autos and a few Hank Aaron redemptions?

..and of course we all got screwed on the chrome checklist. Ginter is worth twice the price compared to heritage. Maybe more. >>

Sorry guys, I just couldn't let this topic die. I am so frustrated with Topps. The product hasn't panned out over the years like I was hoping. Quality is down, you guys can't really say this is great stuff, we're just all addicts looking for something to rip, something that offers quality, good odds at getting something memorable, and a product that retains some value. Primarily, I am a set builder; the urge to complete every set I start consumes me. I have tens of thousands of Heritage product, have opened cases of cards, dozens of Blaster, tons of Retail. I still do not have that memorable card from any Heritage year. Well this year I bought a master set for $317 ppd just to keep the run going,and only opened 3 Hobby and some blsasters. As Walt says, Topps plays off of the set builders. I'm not sure what the next few years bring, but I know quality must improve, certainly Topps knows this. I build 60's sets and would really like to see some good Heritage over the next 7-8 years, just don't think it will happen. Eventually, I'll let Heritage go, but for now I'm still addicted.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    Instead of focusing on the collector of Heritage....they focus on increasing sales and reducing costs.

Why wouldn't the chrome be strictly Superstars??

What thrill factor is there in getting the only black refractor in the case and it's the Baltimore team checklist.

Does this set need more parellel sets, with the exclusive Walmart red tint...the green chrome...etc...

They don't know their demographics and they try to cross markets, which really leads to dissatisfaction on all sides.

I waited a year for a redemption of an auto relic back in 09,

..........of Bill Harris, who played in the major leagues for about a week, hand numbered though, 22 of 25, outside of his family, does this card have any real value to warrant $100 boxes or $900 cases?

And I like the core product core and the concept, but they must think it's too boring to stand on it's own, it needs Obama in the stands of a Babe Ruth card.....

Even when you get an auto, 9 times out of ten it's a guy you never heard of...I guess that makes the Koufax even cooler.... but that is my rant every year... and each year instead of dialing it back to mirror the 2001 checklist....they take it to another level...the dreaded parellel sets....maybe in 2012 they can have "Opening Day" Heritage stamp.

At the base concept I still like it and buy it..........and they know that....

• Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Any one have a extra sp # 454?
  • Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 555 ✭✭✭
    What about Tribute? Isn't Ginter a Topps product as well? What do they do right about that set?
    Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options
    for one, topps doesn't take all the super stars out of the ginter parallel sets and put them in another product and while the focus of the autograph checklist in heritage
    is...guys who played their last season that year, ginter is about champions, sure that may mean champion pocket pool player, but it also means great boxers,
    and olympians, also the baseball part is always solid and a case gets you 5-6 autos per.

Topps has chopped all the value from the heritage chrome set and has loaded up the autograph checklist with guys whose major league careers lasted not years, but days. Add
    the fact that the GU set has NO imagination and the autos fall one per case and you really have some problems. I think the old collectors see this more than the new
    guys. Heritage used to be just dang fun to open and collect, now it is just disappointing.
  • Options
    I guess that's why i like ripping heritage retail...game used cards are a joke, chrome cards didn't exist in 1962, those gimmics do nothing for me. I like how the base cards FEEL

But i realize that a lot of people feel that the MUST have "hits" to chase.

Different strokes for different folks

At the end of the day, its all cardboard and not real life
  • Options
    cardboard with no real hits=99 cents a pack, not 2.99 retail and 5 dollars hobby. I would be perfectly fine paying 99 cents a pack for heritage with no
    GU in them, and pulling autos 1:1000 packs.
  • Options
    The focus of the autographs for Heritage is players who played their last season that year.....

Who came up with that and what makes that a great idea ?

With that statement they can justify the lame autograph selection.

These players have to say.. "Are you kidding me...no one's ever asked me for my autograph?, sure I'll take $200 to sign your cards"

.....someone at Topps has to ask..."If we are reproducing the card style of the 1960's...who's interested in them?, focus on that market."

It's funny as a kid, when Topps came out that year, I just collected it, as it was...a lot less critical and cynical.
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    I posted my 2011 needs and want to post my 2010 Heritage set needs hoping somebody had them and was willing to sell for a fair price.
    Hope somebody can help me out finishing this off.
    2010 Heritage list

base
    1,50,59,105,111,125,145,146, 165,168, 185,191,206,226,321,326,350,376,377,381,388

SP
    426,427,429,436,438,441,444,445,446,448,451,455,462,464,466,468,471,473,474,479,480,484,486,

Ruth 61'

NFB

BFB

NAP

Then and Now
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    I definitely have Koufax-envy! I have about 60 hof autos from heritage 2001-2011, only missing a handful, but the koufax still eludes me!

If anyone is still trading, I still need some chromes and refractors. I have a stamp and tons of base, inserts, and sp's to trade:

2011 refractors (34):
    5 7 11 15 17 18 19 26 27 28 30 32 35 39 40 46 49 56 58 64
    68 71 73 74 76 77 78 79 81 85 86 88 91 92

Chromes (36):
    1 2 6 8 12 13 15 24 25 28 29 31 34 38 39 44 47 51 52 53
    54 59 61 66 67 68 76 78 80 84 86 91 92 93 96 98

(edited to update trade needs)
  • Options
  • Options
    2011 Heritage trade list updated: I have lots of base cards too

SP’s to trade:
    446, 455, 464, 495 X2

SP’S needed:
    426, 433, 434, 435, 447, 450, 453, 460, 461, 473, 475, 478, 482, 486, 488, 494, 498, 500

Green refractors to trade:
    59, 70, 72, 77, 82, 88, 100

Refractors to trade:
    72, 83, 100

Chrome to trade:

Chromes or refractors needed:
    14, 21, 30, 46, 48, 86

NAP needed:
    10, 12, 13, 14

NAP to trade:
    3, 7, 11

TN to trade:
    1 x2, 3,4, 6X2, 7, 8 X3

BF to trade:
    2 x3, 3, 4, 5, 6 X2, 7 x5,8, 9

NF to trade:
    1, 3, 4 X2, 5 X2, 6, 7 X4, 8, 9 X4,10

Robinson variations needed:
    136, 141, 142, 143, 144

Blue tints needed:
    Red Sox 153, 161,

Green tints needed:
    153, 161, 187
    Red tint to trade:

Red tints needed:
    153, 161, 187

Stamp panels to trade:
    White Sox, Blue Jays, Yankees, Rangers

Ad Panels to trade:
    Sizemore/C. Young-AZ/Showalter
    Bombers doubleplay/Hafner/Gaby Sanchez
    Nolasco/Geovany Soto/Wade Davis
    B. Snyder/Ruth-greatest sports hero/F. Liriano

Ad panels wanted:
    Any Red Sox except Scutaro

Stamps wanted:
    Red Sox except Ellsbury

Baseball bucks to trade:
    Hunter Pence, Brett Wallace, Logan Morrison, Wandy Rodriguez, Aramis Ramirez

Baseball bucks wanted:
    Any 1 Red Sox

Buybacks wanted:
    Any Red Sox

Relics wanted:
    Red Sox except Buchholz

Black borders to trade:
    19, 63, 85, 94

Black borders wanted:
    Any Red Sox except Red Sox Rippers

Also wanted:
    Any Red Sox autos except Wills; Any Stadium relics except F. Thomas
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    Sorry, I hit reply a little too early on my last post.

Jim,

Maybe we should work on a trade for the 01 heritage chrome set you have on ebay.

Let me know
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    Happy May everyone!

finally took a picture of my 2011 Retail Stash:

also found these at my local KMart:

• Options
    Are you going to sit on them or are you going to rip em'?
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭

<< <i>Are you going to sit on them or are you going to rip em'? >>

i am going to open the 2011's and finally build my set.

im PROBABLY going to sit on the 2010's as i pulled a Grady SSP out of one of them last year from the same store
  • Options
    I have the following 2011 Heritage available to trade or sell that I saw people had posted that they were in search of:

440, 478, 485
    NAP-1
    NF-9
    BF-8

I still have a decent amount of packs that I have yet to open, so I may have more to help people finish off their sets.

• Options
    I, and many other collectors, like the autographs of the people you've never heard of. To me, it's a chance to get autographs of players who have never signed before. And I think it's nice to honor those players who also contribute. Not everyone is a star/superstar but to just make it to the majors means you are amongst the very best at your profession.

I hope Topps continues that tradition for many years to come in Heritage

Rich
    Plano, Tx. Card Show #5, Sunday March 6, 2016 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Needed SPs:
    WILL PURCHASE, PM YOUR ASKING PRICE

__________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options

<< <i>I, and many other collectors, like the autographs of the people you've never heard of. To me, it's a chance to get autographs of players who have never signed before. And I think it's nice to honor those players who also contribute. Not everyone is a star/superstar but to just make it to the majors means you are amongst the very best at your profession.

I hope Topps continues that tradition for many years to come in Heritage

Rich >>

I see your point, to a certain extent. If your a hard core autograph collector and purchase these in bulk on ebay, or have favorite players or relatives that aren't stars, I could see it.

And the sets are made up of 90% of these players and 10% stars...but with the insert ratio as it is, and after you may have laid down $800 for a case, you've got to understand there is some level of disappointment. Especially when you may only get one or two at best.

Probably be a lot more satisfying if those autographs were seeded like the game used relic cards, and you got 10 a case.

Just my opinion.
  • Options
    TrinkettsTrinketts Posts: 1,699
    Some singles for trade.

Short Prints:429 Tim Lincecum

Green Tints: 154, 193

Black Parallels: C24, C31, C42, C86, C89, C95

Need Black Parallels: 2-5, 7, 9-11,14, 16-17, 19, 23, 26, 28-30, 32, 34-38, 40, 44, 46-50, 53-54, 58, 61-62, 67, 70, 72-73, 75-77,80-82, 85, 87-88, 91, 93-94, 96, 98-99
    Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about. -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    Hey Joe!

I'd love to trade that 01 chrome set, but its a friend of mine's that i am selling for him (he has about 10 chrome sets from 2001 and needed some cash). My 2001 chrome set is not for trade, unfortunately!

I'm trying to convince him to break it up and sell it on ebay, i think it has more value that way actually, because some of those rarely come up for sale (ben sheets, griffey, a-rod, jeter).

• Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

<< <i>
    Topps has chopped all the value from the heritage chrome set and has loaded up the autograph checklist with guys whose major league careers lasted not years, but days. Add
    the fact that the GU set has NO imagination and the autos fall one per case and you really have some problems. I think the old collectors see this more than the new
    guys. Heritage used to be just dang fun to open and collect, now it is just disappointing. >>

+1
  • Options
    bjbrall4bjbrall4 Posts: 277 ✭✭
    Waiting in line at Walmart, I picked up two value boxes (five Topps packs, two Heritage packs) and pulled a Musial red autograph (36/62), so there are some good auto's out there.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Waiting in line at Walmart, I picked up two value boxes (five Topps packs, two Heritage packs) and pulled a Musial red autograph (36/62), so there are some good auto's out there. >>

That's a pretty awesome pull. Congrats!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Incredible pull, Bob. Way to go!
  • Options
    psu92psu92 Posts: 283
    Congrats on the Musial pull!!!!

<< <i>Waiting in line at Walmart, I picked up two value boxes (five Topps packs, two Heritage packs) and pulled a Musial red autograph (36/62), so there are some good auto's out there. >>

• Options
    That's a great pull!.....I opened a hobby case & a box & around 120 retail packs for 1 auto which also was a Musial only blue.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    And that blue Musial now has a permanent home in my collection, thanks Dave! image
  • Options
    I opened about 30 of those value boxes and I pulled a stamp card of two nobodies.

Waalt
  • Options
    Had your name on it from the start Doran.

Walt, I'm sorry you've had a real crappy run of Heritage this year. You are dead on as far as the way they've watered down the hits. I'm more the set/team collector so not quite as important to me.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    updated 5/4/11

sps I need: 500, 498, 496, 495, 494, 488, 487, 485, 480, 477, 475, 470, 460, 457, 436, 427, 426

available:

SP: 446, 458, 474, 491

BF-3 Roger Maris
    BF-6 Whitey Ford
    BF-8 (4) Warren Spahn
    BF-9 Frank Robinson

NF-4 Kennedy
    NF-7 (2) Mariner 2
    NF-8 (2) NY Mets join NL
    NF-9 Jamaica gains Independence
    NF-10 Robinson Enshrined in Cooperstown

TN-1 Killebrew/Baustista
    TN-5 Mantle/Fielder
    TN-7 Gibson/Weaver
    TN-8 Marichal/Sabathia

NAP-11 (2) Longoria

CHROMES: C92 Loney, C54 Worley, C31 Peralta, C30 Buchholz, C3 McGee - all numbered to 1962

CHROME REFRACTOR C72 - numbered to 562

also have many base cards available.........