Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official 2011 Topps Heritage Thread: no sticker autos in THIS product!

Comments

• Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    I just went to Walmart where they had 4 of those blasters (8 pack thing I guess for $19.98. I bought one. I don't know if I got anything but my pulls in the
    eight packs were:

3 Sp's one being #490 A-Rod others #444 + 454
    1 Chrome 665/1962 of Kevin Millwood
    1 BF2 B. Robinson
    1 NF9 Jamaica
    1 TN2 F. Robinson + Cabrera
    1 NAP15 Pujols
    1 creased as can be CC card of Jose Reyes.

Is it worth my trouble to write to Topps on that? Does this happen to the thicker cards?

Novice here but I had fun. My daughter loved it. That alone made it fun and will send me back for one more box.

PS. I'll trade anything for Phillies inserts/cards. I'm not building the set. Just love the Phils!

By the way, great redemption card Craig!

Tony (aconte)
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    the first Koufax auto ends in 24 minutes. $511.21 right now. What's it going to end up at?

My guess is over $600 with snipes.
  • Options
    One already sold for $700 Joerdie...and it came from a local shop that I didn't buy boxes from this year. image
  • Options
    I was just coming back to post that, Doran. I didn't check the closed auctions when I first posted.

wow
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    How did the rest of your case turn out, Anthony?
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Top 25 First Day Single Card Sales From 2011 Topps Heritage

1. Hank Aaron "Real One" Autograph EXCH - $292.50
    2. Stan Musial "Real One" Autograph - $257.98
    3. Evan Longoria "Real One" Red Auto /62 - $249.99
    4. David Wright "Real One" Red Auto /62 - $239.99
    5. Warren Spahn "62 Mint" Coin Card - $227.50
    6. Warren Spahn "62 Mint" Coin Card - $199.99
    7. Mickey Mantle "62 Mint" Coin Card - $149.99
    8. Bob Feller "62 Mint" Coin Card - $149.99
    9. Mickey Mantle "62 Mint" Coin Card - $148.05
    10. Bob Feller "62 Mint" Coin Card - $140
    11. Ernie Banks "Real One" Autograph - $129.99
    12. David Wright "Real One" Autograph - $119.99
    13. Bob Gibson "Real One" Red Auto /62 - $119.95
    14. Al Kaline "60th Anniversary" Auto /60 - $116.50
    15. Frank Robinson/Joey Votto Dual Relic /62 - $113.50
    16. Mickey Mantle "62 Mint" Coin Card - $108.05
    17. Jackie Robinson Relic Variation - $84.99
    18. Bob Gibson "Real One" Autograph - $82
    19. John F. Kennedy "62 Mint" Coin Card - $79.99
    20. Evan Longoria "Real One" Autograph - $69.99
    21. Mike Stanton "Real One' Autograph - $69.99
    22. Frank Thomas (Mets) Stadium Relic - $60
    23. Andrew McCutchen Black Refractor /62 - $59.99
    24. Willie Stargell "62 Mint" Coin Card - $56.98
    25. Rob Cerv "Real One" Red Auto /62 - $50
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    Holy Crap on the dual autograph Craig, amazing. You are killing it this year. I wish I had more vintage to trade to you, actually I wished I had any vintage LOL

Bought some 3 pack blisters tonight, each come with 3 black cards...anyone doing this set? Pulled a Morneau Jersey. I have to sort the SP's now.

One stamp, One blue and one Coin is not acceptable for an entire case...sorry.

• Options
    Hey Guys-

First time checking in here. Things have been really with the weather lately, lots of floods all across the country that needed to be mapped out. Work is slowing down a little bit and I hope to have the new version of the 2011 Heritage spreadsheet done by Sunday night. Still a lot of variations yet to be found but this one should be good. Not planning on cracking a ton of wax for the time being, but I'm always interested in adding rare cards, especially black refractors and autographs. Looking forward to some nice trades here - I have heard good things about this forum!
    Text tradepage, including Heritage Chromes, SPs, and inserts - www.freewebs.com/heritagetrade

Photobucket - http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z142/heritagetrade/For Trade/
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    I've seen some VERY nice pulls here, so congrats to everyone who hit one (or more, in Craig's case)

All in all, however, it seems like most people have the retail blues. image
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    ok, i come to the experts.....

What would a complete run of the base sets (with SPs, withOUT "SSPs") cost for the Topps Heritage Collection, 2001 - 2011?

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options

<< <i>ok, i come to the experts.....

What would a complete run of the base sets (with SPs, withOUT "SSPs") cost for the Topps Heritage Collection, 2001 - 2011? >>

You are looking at low end 150-175 per with the first two or three 250+ each. One of the sets also had a large white back set in it, a set topps didn't
    know existed, but these very boards sniffed it out and put together a checklist.

I will also add tha older year runs of heritage go for more around this time of the year as more jump on board.
  • Options
    Just opened the baseball bucks and I have to say they are horrible....a five year old with a 1980's computer and a dot matrix printer could do better....Topps should be embarrassed.
  • Options
    Doran,

They look like crap. I'm guessing you could of done better either in your sleep or with a load on after a few drinks.

aconte
  • Options
    Another SSP has been found.

• Options

<< <i>Another SSP has been found.

image >>

Is that yours???
  • Options
    HOLY COW I just found an Arod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    no, that is B&B's listing
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    This card only proves that ARod always looks like a douche when viewing him from a mirror image.

Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Opened the first of the four boxes that the wife brought home for me. Not what I was looking for, but by far my best pull so far.

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How did the rest of your case turn out, Anthony? >>

Had a game tonite Marc. Just getting ready to resume ripping- after stashing one box away for the unopened stash.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    How would you like to be the winner of this auction:

10.50 SSP
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Card #490 in the original 1962 set is an uncorrected error of Yankee 3rd baseman Clete Boyer. The error you ask? Reverse negative.
  • Options
    Another SSP, #163 Green Tint Yellow Letters and no Heritage Logo, there is one listed now, but this one came out of my 4th box tonight.

• Options
    nice, so there are now two Arod SSP's....I feel for the guys tryin to do 2011 master sets of Arod.
  • Options
    or doing a master Yankee set: from B&B's post on FCB, here are the five SSPs they found:

#139 Joba
    #139 Joba Green
    #176 Chase Headley Green Photo Var
    #190 Todd Helton Green Photo Var
    #490 A-Rod Reverse Negative

I didn't see the A-Rod reverse neg coming. Nick, good job with the explanation of why Topps made it.

Based on the above info, look for more green tint shenanigans. Give every card between 110-196.
  • Options
    I wonder if there are any checklist variations. One of the originals I pulled was a checklist and it has a dark border variation, I wonder who to tell which one I have.

• Options

<< <i>Hey Guys-

First time checking in here. Things have been really with the weather lately, lots of floods all across the country that needed to be mapped out. Work is slowing down a little bit and I hope to have the new version of the 2011 Heritage spreadsheet done by Sunday night. Still a lot of variations yet to be found but this one should be good. Not planning on cracking a ton of wax for the time being, but I'm always interested in adding rare cards, especially black refractors and autographs. Looking forward to some nice trades here - I have heard good things about this forum! >>

new blood in the Heritage gang - nice! I'm sure you will enjoy it here. You look like you might know a thing or two about Heritage, so I'm surprised it took you so long to make it over here. Best group of collectors to be found - nary a cross word between any of us for going on seven or so years. Here's hoping you fit right in, noob. image
  • Options
    blue227blue227 Posts: 185 ✭✭
    Message deleted.
  • Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Card #490 in the original 1962 set is an uncorrected error of Yankee 3rd baseman Clete Boyer. The error you ask? Reverse negative. >>

Do you know if there was two versions of the Clete Boyer, or just the reverse negative (an uncorrected error)?

I'm just wondering if Topps was staying true the 1962 issue, or using it as way to insert a variation
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Hey Backpages. I sell base sets all the time on ebay (I have probably 10-15 in stock from every year except 2011). A complete run from 2001-2010 would run $400.
    2001 = 35, 2002-2005 = 45 each, 2006/2007 = 30, 2008-2011 = 45.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Backpages. I sell base sets all the time on ebay (I have probably 10-15 in stock from every year except 2011). A complete run from 2001-2010 would run $400.
    2001 = 35, 2002-2005 = 45 each, 2006/2007 = 30, 2008-2011 = 45. >>

Those prices seem low. Base Sets include every card on the checklist. No autos, inserts, parallels or chrome though.
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    I bought a box from my local B&M for $75. Here is a breakdown. (I am not sure about variations yet)

9 Short Prints
    2 NAP
    5 NFB
    1 T&N
    2 Chrome /1962
    1 Refractor /562
    1 Black Refractor /62 (Jonathan Sanchez)
    Lester green tint
    Dan Uggla CC
    Buy Back Card of Hamlin OC VGEX
    3 Card Ad Panel Dempster/Hellickson/Wilson (the back of the Wilson has Card #453 Roy Halladay)

I also pulled #224 that has a White Star "2011 Rookie" all others were yellow. Is this a variation or are all #224's white?

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    Joerdie, do you have a link to their thread on FCB?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey Backpages. I sell base sets all the time on ebay (I have probably 10-15 in stock from every year except 2011). A complete run from 2001-2010 would run $400.

Those prices seem low. Base Sets include every card on the checklist. No autos, inserts, parallels or chrome though. >>

Those prices are low because he's not including SPs.

We call a base set here a set without SPs.

A master set is a base set plus SPs and inserts (NA, FB, TN, BBFB).

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Those prices seem low. Base Sets include every card on the checklist. No autos, inserts, parallels or chrome though. >>

A master set is a base set plus SPs and inserts (NA, FB, TN, BBFB). >>

ahh ok. then what is a base set with SPs but no inserts called?
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Wha?? A base set doesn't have to include one of every number?
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Woo Hoo! Tracking finally shows my other case as out for delivery....more ripping today! Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that the lazy a$$ Saturday carrier gets out of the mail truck and rings my doorbell.
  • Options

<< <i>Woo Hoo! Tracking finally shows my other case as out for delivery....more ripping today! Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that the lazy a$$ Saturday carrier gets out of the mail truck and rings my doorbell. >>

good luck!!

sadly for me, not a single Nicholson listed yet...image
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    I just caught that Willie Stargell is in Heritage this year. KABLAM!

edit to add: but it is a nickel, an effen nickel
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    I bought 4 packs and pulled these.....kidding. Saw this pic, bigger hits from 25 cases. Unsure if it's been posted. Thought you would enjoy.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Here are the highlights of last nights late night 4 box rip. Very happy with these 4 boxes, this is how Heritage should be. Oh, and one of the 4 boxes was also the green refractor box.

• Options
    What do you guys think are the most undervalued cards so far, and by undervalued I mean cards that are going to increase in price after the initial market flood. Here are my thoughts.

Green Refractors-there are a lot on ebay right now, but since there is only one box per case of these I see them increasing after the initial run has sold
    Tinted Cards- think these will go up in price as people try to complete the set and realize what a tough pull they really are
    Jackie Robinson relics- think these will also increase over the next week or two
  • Options
    the green refractors might increase marginally, but since you're guaranteed 24 per hobby case, that makes them more plentiful than the regular refractors, no?

the green tints can go up in price all they want after I get a Garland image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Wha?? A base set doesn't have to include one of every number? >>

thats what *I* thought!
  • Options
    Geordie, I think since the green refractors are only 1 box per case and only in hobby you will see them pop up in spurts after the initial rush. After the hobby rush is over though I think there are going to be people looking to complete their sets thus driving up the price. You also have to get the Blue & Red tint Garland....have you noticed on his tinted cards that his picture is slightly smaller than the normal card?
  • Options
    yep, I sure did - in the base card you can't see any part of the Dodgers script; in the tinted variations you can.

Eric, I believe in most cases, for instance regular Topps, a base set would include all numbers, since there were never short prints in that base set. Parallels and the like would be part of the so-called master set. Heritage has always been regarded as different, though, because starting with the original '01 set there were short prints. It quickly became accepted by most that a base Heritage set did not include them.
  • Options
    How do the HOFer or star auto's hold up in value from year to year with the red and blue ink?

aconte
  • Options
    They usually hold and increase Tony.
  • Options
    Joerdie, maybe I'll pretend I'm BBG and buy up all the tinted Garlands and offer them to you at $100 a piece. image