Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Great centering on that '57 Robinson. Very nice!
  • Options

<< <i>Great centering on that '57 Robinson. Very nice! >>

Thanks...while everyone else is whining, I am taking advantage of what I consider a good move by PSA, and am looking for what appear as "high end" for the grade in hopes of getting .5 bumps... (grin)...
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    Got this one in today to go with yesterday's Conerly

it's graded PSA 7*

*=graded prior to PSA's grading scale change
    All cards graded by PSA before the change will now be required to have an asterick by the grade

• Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Stingray...er, I mean Marlin (I knew it was some kind of aquatic creature),

That's an absolutely beautiful Brock card! I'd take a whole collection of PSA 5s if they looked that nice!

Here's the latest mail drop:

• Options
    Bob, that's an awesome Jackie Robinson card!

Here's what came in the mail today. From Calvin's last game as a Jacket image

• Options
    Hey the 69 Brock is mine. Not Stingrays.

Marlin
  • Options
    Just got this Kevin McHale card for my NBA 50 Greatest Team collection. I am now at 10 out of 50 and moving along niely this year with a combination of purchases and TTM.

McHale is a very tough signer as he does not do TTM and has yet to do an autographed card in an NBA product.

Card is in OK shape, and signature looks dead on from authenticated version I have seen...for 5 bucks I cannot complain.

• Options
    A few autographs today (as well as some of my usual modern junk)

A cool Robinson autograph with high BGS grades...

These two postcards show the "Sand Lot Kid" statue in Doubleday Field in Cooperstown....the reported birthplace of baseball....which if I remember was proved false?

Signed by Don Sutton and Warren Spahn...

imageimage

Low pop 1982 Fleer PSA 10's...of decent 80s pitchers....

imageimage

Some 1985 Topps for my PSA registry....

imageimage

imageimage

And a Steve Young card....my first 2007 Sport Kings card. (I might try doing a raw set after all hype and must have it collectors finish all their basic needs....which I imagine is almost here).

Clear Skies,
    Mark

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Great mail day...along with the Trippi also got this in today...of course I should have had it 2 weeks ago. My wife forgot to tell me that the mailman left the signature card...she remembered to tell me today...so I ran..well drove to the post office to pick it up.
    I think thats grounds for divorce....poor Norm was left all alone in the post office homeless for 2 weeks!
  • Options
    Just got this Ernie Banks in the mail today for my just starting graded Banks collection. I always dug the way the 1960 AS issues looked.

• Options
    Today's new addition:

One of the things that I love about this set is the descriptions on the backs...many of the players had fought in WW2..pretty cool stuff. No wonder many football historians say the fifites had the toughtest players..football was easy compared to war.

• Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Great '54 Jackie!

hoping for 1's

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I forgot to note yesterday.....notice in the Sport King Steve Young card I posted. The top loader, with the Sport King sticker, is not very square at all. It was kinda hard to scan it and make it look alright because of this.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryan! I would have lost my mind had my girlfriend "FORGOT" to tell me a card was sitting at the Post Office for two weeks image

Glad it made it home safely! Great looking cards, the Trippi is my favorite of your new additions!
  • Options

<< <i>Ryan! I would have lost my mind had my girlfriend "FORGOT" to tell me a card was sitting at the Post Office for two weeks image

Glad it made it home safely! Great looking cards, the Trippi is my favorite of your new additions! >>

Thanks Paul...
    If it wasn't for the kids...she'd be GONE! image

I have been seeking the Trippi and the Van Brocklin for several years...I was pumped to finally get them.

Have you hit a dryspell? Havn't seen you post many buys recently.
  • Options
    This was actually a Christmas gift from Lt Jim Filippello. He's on the Set registry, but not on the boards. Really great guy with whom I've had many many successful 1949 Bowman transactions.

And, this is my first Master Set variation with the Script Name Back. (well, technicall the PNB is the master set variation).

-------------------------
    Alan W. Bailey II
    Beginner Collector
    Formerly knowns as "Teknobailey"

Collecting:
    - 1949 Bowman PSA 7+
    - Manny Ramirez Rookies in PSA 10
    - 1979 Topps PSA 8
    - Any raw Game-used Red Sox card (especially Red Sox A&G Jersey cards)
    - Graded Red Sox rookies (in a Red Sox uniform)

My Manny Ramirez Cards 14 Cards – Ten PSA 10’s – Seven Rookies
    My 1949 Bowman Set 27.50% complete (66 of 240 Cards) – 5.21 GPA
    My 1979 Topps Set 2.62% complete (19 of 726 Cards) – 8.00 GPA

Successful transactions (between both screen names) with: Late1970sTopps, Cwazzy, Guru, clayshooter22, lanemyer85, ArnyVee, vintagetoppsguy, mdkuom and Lawnmowerman.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    48 wistert
    i still need a 48 bowman/and 49 leaf of him and a 51 bowman piggy barnes slabbed if anyone has any of em, i ham having no luck anywhere
  • Options

<< <i>image
    48 wistert
    i still need a 48 bowman/and 49 leaf of him and a 51 bowman piggy barnes slabbed if anyone has any of em, i ham having no luck anywhere >>

Oi, Rube, who was the underbidder on that bad boy?

I done got Rubed! Rubed, I tells ya'!

Snorto~
  • Options
    rube, that's my scan. I will see you in court. Seriously I feel all legit because the rube man bought a card from me.
  • Options

<< <i>Great mail day...along with the Trippi also got this in today...of course I should have had it 2 weeks ago. My wife forgot to tell me that the mailman left the signature card...she remembered to tell me today...so I ran..well drove to the post office to pick it up.
    I think thats grounds for divorce....poor Norm was left all alone in the post office homeless for 2 weeks! >>

My old lady's done that to me before, too. Wasn't two weeks, but still a few days before she remembered to tell me. It was a big-dollar card too...why does this kind of stuff always happen with the key cards?

Nice looking bowmans as always! Congrats on those HOFer pick ups!
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

All manner of sweet cards on this page... as usual. Nice pickups, all.
  • Options
    I really enjoy cards that depict major records - ie MOST HITS IN A SEASON - 262, I also have most strikeouts 5714 (nolan), most steals (rickey), etc...

• Options
    Love that Ichiro!!

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Just bought this one from ryaneversole, thanks!!

• Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    I got a couple interesting cards lately.

1989 Topps Heads Up Test. Unfortunately, this one is in very poor condition, with creases and paper loss. Of course, the paper loss is right over the copyright date, which is the most important part of the card. Oh well. It'll be a place holder until I can get a better one.

1993 Highland Mint Card. A pretty nice item that was issued inside a very thick lucite holder.

1996 Topps Laser Stadium Stars Proof. This card is unfolded and was not die cut.

Here's the standard issue card

• Options
    You can't beat the on card autos of Goudey. I just need the Upton and I'm pretty sure I'll have all the Rays in the auto set.

• Options
    Thanks to several board members for these. It was a good mail day!

• Options
    Some more to add to the Master set:
    Finally received this after waiting almost 30 days:

Another graded base:

Was surprised I got this for under book. Some crazy fan outbid me on the last one that was on Ebay. I guess he's a coach somewhere #'d/100

Got these off of Naxcom. You set or player collectors really should check'em out. I think I got all of these for less then listed with making them an offer. Nothing real spectacular but hard to find at a reasonable price:
    Bettis Hologold #'d/200

Ray Lucas Hologold #'d/200

Danny Farmer Update Rookie #'d/2000

Tee Martin Update Rookie #'d/2000

Like I said nothing too spectacular but the cards that I need to finish this set within a reasonable price are getting harder to come by.

• Options

<< <i>Thanks to several board members for these. It was a good mail day!

>>

sure is a nice 4...
  • Options

<< <i>

>>

sure is a nice 4... >>

Yeah seriously. The back must be pretty messed up or there's a little wrinkle. Looks great though!!
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won this last night. This is probably my favorite card in this set.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

>>

sure is a nice 4... >>

Yeah seriously. The back must be pretty messed up or there's a little wrinkle. Looks great though!! >>

There is an ever-so-slight surface wrinkle right near Hank's chin. It's barely noticable. Keep your eyes open, this one is in the running for my 1000'th post givaway.
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    This is the newest addition to my Cardinals retired number set. It's a little rough and has a pinhole but I like it anyway.
    Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Won this last night. This is probably my favorite card in this set.

image >>

Bob,
    Great looking card! It's my favorite '55 Topps card as well. Congrats! image
  • Options
    Great looking Dean.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    A few new additions to my various sets...

Kirby Puckett - HoF c/o 2001

Chuck Knoblauch - 1991 AL ROY (Upgraded the 9 I had)

And the only football slabs I collect:
    Joe Montana Basic Topps set
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet cards once again!
  • Options
    Just got my first Babe Ruth from when he was playing.actually I got the whole set of cards. Lou

Collecting Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell cards.
  • Options
    NamesJayNamesJay Posts: 327 ✭✭
    Showing some love for my modern day mail haul

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage

• Options
    Just got in a Billy Cunningham auto for my NBA 50 greatest collection. I probably overpiad for him, but he is next to impossible to get TTM and he has only had a couple official signature cards.

J
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    1959 Topps Bob Gibson rookie for my Cardinals retired number set.:
    Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    It's a great day when there's a Bobby Layne in the mailbox!

• Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully this will be in an SGC "A" holder soon. Trimmed but looks authentic, no resale value but nice enough for my low budget collection.

• Options
    Nice Mantle Jim.