Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Two more, I think I am hooked on 76s!!

Did you ever finish the football set you were working on ?

I love the 76's also, the first year i collected
    Collector of anything to do with the Dallas Cowboys * PSA cards from 60-07 *
  • Got these in today's mail....

Cole Hamels Letterman -- I am really digging this insert set. High quality cards with cool Jersey letters. I am starting to get the modern bug with some of these inserts:

Jim Bunning 1958 Topps

Ron Santo 1968 Topps

• I think there is an issue with this thread... may be time to start a new one due to too many pages.

J
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    A new addition to my Cy Young Award set (now at 75%!!)

Mike Flanagan - 1979 AL CYA
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

A couple nice 55' Dodger Golden

[L=]image[/L]

• << <i>

<< <i>image >>

nice...where did you get that and what did it set you back?

mathew >>

I got the berkman plus $250 for this

He bought a ladanian tomlinson auto redemption from the same set, and I offered him the emmitt as well....we figured $100 for the berkman.
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Couldn't be happier with this one...

• These came in the last few days but have been too busy with exams to scan.

This Longoria is so thick that the seller didn't have a case big enough for it. He stuck it into a case that's supposed to hold a stack of cards and there is still wiggle room in there. If anyone would send me a very thick toploader (have no clue on sizes) and penny sleeve, I would be more than happy to cover shipping, etc. Thanks.

My FIRST ever certified Chipper auto. ON CARD!

• Nothing too overly spiffy, but a couple of graded vintage arrivals for my sets yesterday and today... besides this thread was tettering on page 5.

First up a high number (short print) for my 1948 Leaf set, along with a HOFer from the same set courtesy of a trade with CU citizen, Ahmanfan. Lastly, another HOFer rookie from the 1955 Topps All American set:

In exchange for my Sammy Baugh Leaf PSA 3 rookie, Ahmanfan included not only the Trippi above, but some 1955 Topps AAs as well. The cards below are most of those involved in our trade and represent my forray into putting the set together after planning to do so "eventually" for years:

I know there are at least a few board members putting this set together, but I believe they are doing so in higher grades where I, per usual, am bottom feeding... at least until I hit the lottery. Have a great weekend all... some great games (hopefully) on tap for NFL fans!

Snorto~
  • Goot-awsome braves stuff!
    snorto-Great Pick ups, love the AAs
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • A few pickups from Saturday's mail....

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    A few more:

imageimage
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭
    Snorto
    the 55 AA is great in any condition. good luck took me about 2+ years to complete mine but it was a great couple of years of collecting.

fred
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    The newest addition to my Cardinals retired number set:

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Something for my 65 Reds set

• imageimage

plus a couple 1988 Topps Football cards....

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.

Forgot i even had this auto

Sweet Lou Johnson

A new addition to my MVP set...

Vlad Guerrero - 2004 AL MVP

And a few upgrades to the ROY and Future HoF sets...
    imageimage

• TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Scanner's on the blink, so I'm using the eBay auction pic at the moment:

• The pages are stuck again. Gary must be lurking about. Turn, damn you page, turn!!!

• rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    $20 bucks for this one
    one of the 2 50 bowman jim white i put the slapdown on today, took me 6 months to find my psa5, hoping one of the two i got today are higher,for 29.50 for both and getslabbed, cant go wrong with jim,least graded card in 50 bowman fb,i think they must have buried em all with him or something,they just dont pop up any too often,2 in one day was great
    Got this one of Ebay, no 10s so far:

• Affordable Ruth. 1948 Swell #1

• I like how they call it "uniform stripes", show him in cubs uniform, and then a braves patch....still a sweet card!
    imageimage

• << <i>I like how they call it "uniform stripes", show him in cubs uniform, and then a braves patch....still a sweet card!
    imageimage >>

How did you get the two photos, stacked when you 1st posted, to be beside each other after edit?
  • Another good pickup for the master set I'm working on.
    2000 CE Supreme Ricky Williams Pro Signature Authentics #'d/39
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Meteorite Guy...just paste the image links side by side, don't hit enter to line down.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Affordable Ruth. 1948 Swell #1

image >>

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

<< <i>

<< <i>Affordable Ruth. 1948 Swell #1

image >>

image >>

He looks very alive for 1948??

• << <i>Meteorite Guy...just paste the image links side by side, don't hit enter to line down. >>

"Dohhh!"

Thanks. Asking that is kind of funny because I completely write my own html, well with copy and paste and an understanding of how to do color, change font size and most basics, for ebay. I guess in forums I have gotten use to the somewhat need to space lines and photos.

Edit: Just edited my post from a couple days in the thread and made the Saberhagens beside each other. Most my cards I save to 600 so they fit well beside each other in a forum post, so this will save everyone valuable finger energy. lol

Clear Skies,
    Mark
  • cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257

<< <i>Got 2 more in the mail today.

image >>

I don't suppose that those will be in the $10 thread later. image I call dibs!

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Couple cool items today....

An upgrade to my 1974 Kellogg's set (63%)

I have wanted this card for a while, I have 6-7 different 1995 Pro Line Steve Young Proof cards and I think this is the only one I was missing....the signed proof. I remember a few months ago there was one on Beckett for like $89 and another in an ebay store for around $69. I was quite pleased to pick this one up, PSA/DNA slabbed to book for $19. The "5" on the "4/50" is smeared a little, but the card is pretty nice.

Here are the other proofs I already had....

This "card", a 1995 Topps Finest Landmark, was available by a mail offer from Topps. 4 different solid bronze cards for $99 plus shipping. 13 years after release, I bought the Young from the set for $5.

imageimage

Clear Skies,
    Mark

• << <i>image

image >>

Man, that is a cool card! What is the history of it? Issued by a label? What else is in the series? Gotta love Mitch Mitchell's and Noel Redding's white man afros!
    #10 PSA Set for Topps Baseball currently on eBay under seller deeppurple1.
  • BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    I decided to keep my raw EX-NM 56 set and try to finish it this year, like I had planned before the holidays. The SGC 6 mantle the wife gave for x-mass helped, and so will this one. The only big ones left are williams, robinson, campanella, mays and the checklists. I plan to pick these up in 5 or 6 by the summer. Then the hunt for the 150 or so centered commons I need in EX-NM is on.

Just bought these:

• ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Stingray, ya gotta slow down on the '76s, man. Everything in moderation. image Nice pickups.
  • This is from a a pack I opened at age 12.

Marlin

<< <i>This is from a a pack I opened at age 12.

Marlin >>

Looks like a 6.5 to me!!image
  • some new ones,50 newcombe,65 carlton double auto,68 morgan and 71-2 chamberlain-jabbar.

Lou
    Collecting Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell cards.

• << <i>Sosa looks like a cartoon character in that picture, doesn't he? (How's the centering...looks a bit off L/R for a 10, no?) >>

Maybe the cameraman had too much schnapps before the shoot image
    -Rome is Burning

• stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Let's not forget what this "hobby" is all about.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Got these today from a sale with Guru. Thanks again man!

<< <i>Let's not forget what this "hobby" is all about. >>

Yeah. A little bit of image mixed with $$$.

• << <i>

<< <i>Yeah. A little bit of image mixed with $$$. >>

I'm down with that....sounds like me and my last girlfriend.
  • halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's a new one that came to me from Arthur (Xanadunow)

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards