Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2007 ASE No Longer Available!

Comments

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I guess he's just sore about the estimated 750,000 Silver Eagle Collectors of one of the most collected series
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess he's just sore about the estimated 750,000 Silver Eagle Collectors of one of the most collected series >>

I wanted to say it's nice to see bullion posts make 100 ... Their time has come image
  • Options
    time to switch over and accumulate 07w PLATS
  • Options
    Since the 2007w is the next hot thing what is a uncirculated (unspotted) in the box with the coa, going to be worth by Christmas?
    I have been collecting for a couple of years so I'm still a newbie. I just don't understand some of the logic I guess.
    Thanks guys.
    Molon Labe
  • Options
    You guys quoting FC and disagreeing with him need to read more of his posts...he is almost always negative, particularly about anything modern

He just can't stand folks making money on modern coins.

He shrinks an inch in stature everytime he reads a post of someone making a profit on modern mint products.

I hear he is under 3 ft tall, now.
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You guys quoting FC and disagreeing with him need to read more of his posts...he is almost always negative, particularly about anything modern

He shrinks an inch in stature everytime he reads a post of someone making a profit on modern mint products.

I hear he is under 3 ft tall, now. >>

I won't sling any cr*p, but I have to say I will ALWAYS collect SAE's -- SPOTS OR NOT. It just makes them that more interesting!!

~400-500k is still WAY low on this series and bound to fare well. Collector base is very high -- all my 2006-w's sold EASILY for 400% cost. Oh Yeah...
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    So do you think that $50 for a PCGS MS69 FS is reasonable?

It might be time to let a couple of boxes go.....
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options
    Might the proof sell out and cause a similar stir?
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Might the proof sell out and cause a similar stir? >>

No. I doubt it. Too many. More hoarders, bullion buyers, collectors of the uncs.

<< <i>So do you think that $50 for a PCGS MS69 FS is reasonable? >>

Yes. I, personally, think the raw will hit $50+ so the PCGS MS69 FS (that I just sold one of 3 weeks ago for $30) should be at that level or above, very soon.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watched sales of 07's today and tonight.......seemed to have stepped back a few bucks.

Blame it on the holiday weekend!!!!!

here's a Deal...get it quick!!!!
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up, not much of a fight for that one...image
  • Options

<< <i>Is that a low mintage for higher aftermarket resale? I sold all my ASE proofs&unc. and lost interest in series with that milk spot situation. image >>

I have the complete proof set (was the 95W a proof, I don't have THAT) but not a single milkspot. I live in AZ if that matters.
    imageDo not taunt Happy Fun Ball image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the heads up, not much of a fight for that one...image >>

If you are looking for PCGS MS70 FS....this seller has them for BIN..$163....Link ... good price ( not my auction )
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>

If you are looking for PCGS MS70 FS....this seller has them for BIN..$163....Link ... good price ( not my auction ) >>

He had 6, on there, before them for $161, sold out in a few hours, i had them on watch, to buy, i missed the boat.image
    SEE the BULL!! BUY the BULL!! BE the BULL!! Do your homework first. And, you will learn alot!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

If you are looking for PCGS MS70 FS....this seller has them for BIN..$163....Link ... good price ( not my auction ) >>

He had 6, on there, before them for $161, sold out in a few hours, i had them on watch, to buy, i missed the boat.image >>

Didn't take long to sell out ... the only BIN left are .. $199 + ...
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So do you think that $50 for a PCGS MS69 FS is reasonable?

It might be time to let a couple of boxes go..... >>

yes it's reasonable.

raw ones will sell well but there will be a nice premium for the happy release/first strike labels...and i think collectors like the FLAG on the pcgs FS. i know i do.
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>You guys quoting FC and disagreeing with him need to read more of his posts...he is almost always negative, particularly about anything modern

I hear he is under 3 ft tall, now. >>

I won't sling any cr*p, but I have to say I will ALWAYS collect SAE's -- SPOTS OR NOT. It just makes them that more interesting!!

~400-500k is still WAY low on this series and bound to fare well. Collector base is very high -- all my 2006-w's sold EASILY for 400% cost. Oh Yeah... >>

What he said image Stockpile them while you still canimage
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    30 on the 'Bay NGC MS-69 early releases $33.99 BIN #290185268862

Go get 'em
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Months ago I submitted a bulk order cold (sealed) of 100 2007w ASE to PCGS for FS label and a minumim grade of MS69. I only got 5 MS70 out of 100 coins. That was an extremely low MS70 ratio compared to what other submitters were recieving from PCGS. I figured I just got a bad batch.
    Turns out the MS69 coins were selling for less money than I had in them and the MS70 coins were selling for under $100. What a bunch of loser coins these are. I decide to rathole all 100 coins instead of selling at a loss. I keep telling myself.......these 2007w ASE coins are not even sold out from the US mint, slow down and see what happens after the sell out.
    As luck had it the US mint pulled the rug out from everyone's feet again with the 2007W ASE. I thought the US mint would at least sell these 2007w ASE up thru Christmas.
  • Options
    agreed fivecents,

if the general population wants a key coin in the silver eagle series for 40+ bucks raw - now is the time to jump.

I have some on the NGC ER 69 and 70 on BST board, no takers yet...... also PCGS 69 and 70 FS
  • Options
    Just wanted to give props to Silver Eagle Coins. I jumped on their website the day after the sell out and snagged a few for great prices. Amid the holiday, I received my order in three days! Immaculate packaging and the ASEs look good.

Review
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>you guys. you take this small sliver of a market called ebay and
    buy them all up agressively.. of course you will raise prices.

500,000 is a key with a small mintage? you truly think there is 100,000
    people collecting these things?

oi. then anyone with a brain who wishes to collect long term has
    already gotten out of them due to spotting.. acetone dip or not...

this reminds me wayy to much of collectible areas that experience
    a boom and bust due to this type of thinking.

better flip fast before you get shocked by the fact no one wants
    common silver rounds as a long term collectible.

no one being most everyone on the planet excluding a few hard
    core collectors. >>

Can you then explain why the 1996 Eagles, which have been out for 11 years, and have a mintage of over 3 million, still sell for well above their silver value? Those "few hard core collectors" must have a lot of money to keep that up for 11 years. >>

You don't like them, we get it. MANY others do so move on
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just wanted to give props to Silver Eagle Coins. I jumped on their website the day after the sell out and snagged a few for great prices. Amid the holiday, I received my order in three days! Immaculate packaging and the ASEs look good.

Review >>

Thanks pf70, I just ordered 5 @ $31 ea, FREE SHIPPING. Can't beat that! Get em' while they (ain't) hot...
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    Are we purchasing the MS-69 or MS-70 & why? PCGS FS or NGC ER
  • Options
    MS70 FS @ $180.00 is a bargain
  • Options

<< <i>MS70 FS @ $180.00 is a bargain >>

5 available for $176......(not my auction)

eBay Linkl
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>MS70 FS @ $180.00 is a bargain >>

5 available for $176......(not my auction)

eBay Linkl >>

Too Late.
  • Options
    I bought several MS69 and MS70s earlier in the week - PCGS First Strikes of course image
    Derek

Looking for reasonable silver lots (rolls or bars preferred). PM me with what you have.
  • Options
    I'm having a hard time believing that a 2007-W PCGS MS70 will ever reach the same price levels as the 2006-W PCGS MS70 considering that the 2006 has a pop of about 100 vs. 2,500 for the 2007. What do you guys think?
  • Options
    I don't think that it will command the same, but now that we know there won't be more we know where it falls in relation to other issues.

A MS70 FS is going to command a premium - I understand it won't be the same as '06.
    Derek

Looking for reasonable silver lots (rolls or bars preferred). PM me with what you have.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm having a hard time believing that a 2007-W PCGS MS70 will ever reach the same price levels as the 2006-W PCGS MS70 considering that the 2006 has a pop of about 100 vs. 2,500 for the 2007. What do you guys think? >>

FS 70 pop...2006-W ASE .... 30 .......... selling for.....$6,500 +
    FS 70 pop...2007-W ASE ....2,551 ..... selling for.....$180 +

It's obvious, that the First Strike's 2007, will never reach to 2006 levels.
  • Options
    Going higher!!!!! image

eBay Link
  • Options
    Nice - I was starting to worry about buying the coins that I did this week. I always seem to be one step behind the curve - maybe this time it will be different.

Of course, I could have bought more than 10 raw coins and submitted them myself - still learning.
    Derek

• Options
    The only BIN MS70FS @$199 that I see left. image

Get it now!!

Less than 50 minutes to go.................

MS69FS

MS69
  • Options

<< <i>Going higher!!!!! image

eBay Link >>

Affirmation of previous MS70FS sale........

eBay Link
  • Options

It's not practical to compare PCGS because of the low pop in 2006...

NGC is a much better Gage because of the history...

Currently on ebay 11/25/07...

NGC - 2006W/MS70 is selling at $250
    NGC - 2006W/MS70/ER is selling at $525
    NGC - 2006W/MS70/20th is selling at $650

I can see the 2007W/MS70/ER bringing 50% of that money..."-)

That said... There not moving as fast as they should be right now but are starting up...

It's a gamble for sure and you do not want to bet your rent money on it...

But I remember $125 / 3 coin 20th Ann. Sets floating around last year for the taking...

If you do the math, $80 for a MS70/NGC/ER is cost without all the work...

PS... MS70 is the number, not MS69...

My Ebay Auctions

Currently Listed: Nothing

Take Care, Dave
  • Options
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I don't believe the coin papers have announced the sellout yet.
  • Options
    I have 2 sealed and unopened boxes of 10 on the 2007 w Uncirculated (Z7F) with a ship date of 007165 and 007166 (6/15/2007 and 6/18/2007) according to the mint website. Both boxes qualify for FS or ER. My question is should I sell the 2 boxes sealed that can be graded as FS or ER. Find someone to submit for grading. Or should I break them out and sell individually on Ebay.

I also have a sealed and unopened box of 10 of the 2007 w Silver Proofs (Z76). with a ship date of 007087 (4/02/2007) which qaulify for FS or ER. Will these ever be worth anything more than I paid for them? Should I sell these individually? Thanks in advance for the help. Todd
    Todd
  • Options
    Join the PCGS collectors club and submit them yourself if you want to submit them.

I don't like selling the sealed box becuase my information is on the packing slip/receipt (but I will submit a sealed box to PCGS).

But that is just my 2¢....
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options
    I also have 2 boxes of ten with first strike availability and have no intention of selling any way until I see where the prices go to.
  • Options

<< <i>The only BIN MS70FS @$199 that I see left. image

Get it now!!

MS69FS

MS69 >>

SOLD!!!

There are two with bids over $200 and that is all currently listed at PCGS MS-70 FS.

Auction 1

Auction 2

Derek

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The only BIN MS70FS @$199 that I see left. image

Get it now!!

MS69FS

MS69 >>

SOLD!!!

There are two with bids over $200 and that is all currently listed at PCGS MS-70 FS.

Auction 1

Auction 2 >>

imageimageimageimage

This one just went for $229

eBay Linky

BIN $319

Is this action going to continue???

I hope so, I just bought 4 MS70FS's for $165/pc. last week!! image
  • Options
    Holy Cr*p!!!!!!!!

Edited to say: Should have said "Holy Modern Cr*p!"
  • Options
    Has the news about the sellout even reached the coin papers yet. I have not received mine yet.
  • Options

<< <i>Holy Cr*p!!!!!!!!

Edited to say: Should have said "Holy Modern Cr*p!" >>

I'm not sure, but this auction may belong to a Forum member. On the other hand, it's not a FS coin. The non FS have been selling in the $1000 range & I doubt he'll get the price he's asking.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Is there any chance that they are only repricing these? Maybe the reason they are not available. Though silver has not moved up dramatically for repricing. Still it is a good time for them to go dark right before Christmas.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really.
    They have to get ready for next year. You can bet that the 2008 bullion ones have already had thousands and thousands minted by now....other items need to be worked on now as well.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    I just bought one for under $200 and may have to consider it the last one I will get at the rate they are going up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file