Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2007 ASE No Longer Available!

Comments

• Options
    Edited: I posted a link to some for sale cheap on Ebay, but the seller raised his price.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS MS70FS or MS70 Blue Label?? image

Got to be a sucker out there that will fall for this one.

BIN $400 image
  • Options
    If he sells that, I am listing mine..... My First Strikes should go for moon money then. hehe
    Derek

Looking for reasonable silver lots (rolls or bars preferred). PM me with what you have.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    130 all sealed. All eligible for PCGS First Strike. Maybe next year. Would like to see how these do first in 69 and 70.
  • Options
    PCGS MS69FS no takers at $29.99.......$10 S&H???? image

eBay Link
  • Options
    Here are 38pcs. PCGS MS69FS @ $35.99

Not too bad a deal I suppose.

This seller really wants out...I believe he's dumping too low...what say you???

eBay Link
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here are 38pcs. PCGS MS69FS @ $35.99

Not too bad a deal I suppose.

This seller really wants out...I believe he's dumping too low...what say you???

eBay Link >>

Seller had originally 50 available..12 have sold so far. He's not dumping low..to many available on the bay.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Any ideas about the final mintage of these?
  • Options
    I know a guy who bought 108 PCGS MS 70 FS 2007 W SILVER EAGLES FOR $125 A PIECE LAST WEEK WHAT A DEAL,AND ALL FROM ONE DEALER!.........................SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!image
    achillesaero
  • Options

<< <i>I know a guy who bought 108 PCGS MS 70 FS 2007 W SILVER EAGLES FOR $125 A PIECE LAST WEEK WHAT A DEAL,AND ALL FROM ONE DEALER!.........................SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!image >>

Wow and..................image to the forum!!!! image
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Any ideas about the final mintage of these? >>

The last I saw in NN was about 560,000 singles but that may grow a bit with the Mints introduction of the Dollar series tomorrow the 3rd. I believe the Dollar series will be one Sac, one of each Presidential Dollar and a 2007 W silver dollar.

Ren
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    the dollar sets offered tomorrow are Pres dollars singly and in sets, not with a 2007W ASE. That set seems to have been mothballed.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Any ideas about the final mintage of these? >>

The last I saw in NN was about 560,000 singles but that may grow a bit with the Mints introduction of the Dollar series tomorrow the 3rd. I believe the Dollar series will be one Sac, one of each Presidential Dollar and a 2007 W silver dollar.

Ren >>

I heard that it will be the proof coins...true or false?
  • Options
    Just thought I'd share this:

2006-W MS70 First Strike MOON $
  • Options

Wow... One of those spot and shlt will hit the fan at PCGS...

My Ebay Auctions

Currently Listed: Nothing

Take Care, Dave
  • Options

<< <i>Just thought I'd share this:

2006-W MS70 First Strike MOON $ >>

Such a deal already!!!! image

Must admit, this coin is modern crap at its finest!!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>Just thought I'd share this:

2006-W MS70 First Strike MOON $ >>

Doesn't look like it sold...matter of fact..it appears.. none sold...Seller buy back options exercised...
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭
    You can still get these on eBay for several bucks over the mint issue price. It also seems that the 2006's are falling in price image
  • Options

<< <i>LINK >>

Dump'em quick!!
    SEE the BULL!! BUY the BULL!! BE the BULL!! Do your homework first. And, you will learn alot!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>LINK >>

Dump'em quick!! >>

...but only after we verify if the "W" mintmark will be included!
  • Options
    I doubt they would put the regular bullion version in these sets. I guess someone is going to have to order one and report back. Any volunteers?
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    ship date for these is 12/31/07.
  • Options
    I dont think the mint is allowed to sell the bullion version, so it probably has the W.

One other possibility- it has the W, but not the burnished finish?
    Coin Update - Coin Collecting News and Articles - Updated Daily.

Mint News Blog - US Mint News, Product Information, and Commentary.
  • Options

<< <i>I doubt they would put the regular bullion version in these sets. I guess someone is going to have to order one and report back. Any volunteers? >>

You make a good point. I ordered a couple just for the heck of it. If you think about it, the price for a 2007-W raw just went up to $31.95 b/c the only way to get one from the mint today (assuming W mint mark) involves ordering the bundle. Wait a sec, it this a case of "product bundling"? Isn't this unfair? image
  • Options
    If you subtract the $5 face value of the other coins, it takes the price down to $26.95 per Eagle.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭
    Since when did the mint ever sell anything at Face Value?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I dont think the mint is allowed to sell the bullion version, so it probably has the W. >>

Cant be sure of that, legacies of freedom set had bullion coin in 2003, Millenium set had them in 2000. We will have to wait and see.
    On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the eagle will have the W mintmark,also there is no limited mintage. These coins might be graded, just to this set. So maybe keep them sealed? Or meet the TPG grading standards,white envolope, plastic wrap, ect.. to have them graded to this set. Maybe get a better premium!! We will just have to see, what the silver has!!
    SEE the BULL!! BUY the BULL!! BE the BULL!! Do your homework first. And, you will learn alot!!
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on the phone with Mike White right now, he is one of the many spoksman for the US Mint , he said they will have the W mint mark and the mintage will be made to demand......

I got his direct line off the US mint web site
  • Options
    hello everyone.

I have been lurking in the shadows trying to learn from the people who know. You guys have been a great help in my collecting
    I just want to chime in. I spent 10 minutes on the phone with a nice lady who informed me it WAS not the burnished die. When I asked her if she was certain she said she would ask a "supervisor" she came back a few minutes later and said the "supervisor" was told the same thing.
  • Options
    I wonder what mint the Presidents and Sac will be from?
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder what mint the Presidents and Sac will be from? >>

Presidents P
    Sac D
    Silver W
  • Options
    The Mint is not authorized to sell the business strike ( non W mintmark) directly to the public, but only to authorized dealers. Therefore, I'll go with the "W" mintmark.
  • Options

<< <i>hello everyone.

I have been lurking in the shadows trying to learn from the people who know. You guys have been a great help in my collecting
    I just want to chime in. I spent 10 minutes on the phone with a nice lady who informed me it WAS not the burnished die. When I asked her if she was certain she said she would ask a "supervisor" she came back a few minutes later and said the "supervisor" was told the same thing. >>

Hello Cinman and welcome to the forum....I hope you are correct.!!

• Options
    It would be nice!!
  • Options
    presidents are Philly and the Sac- Denver
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered one for the heck of it. You never know when the mint might throw a variation into the set.
    Perhaps an extra-detailed Sac or something...
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

So is it possible that the Silver Eagle will not be burnished, but will have the "W" mint mark?

If that's the case, will there be two separate varieties - burnished and non-burnished 2007-W Silver Eagles?

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

<< <i>So is it possible that the Silver Eagle will not be burnished, but will have the "W" mint mark?

If that's the case, will there be two separate varieties - burnished and non-burnished 2007-W Silver Eagles? >>

I don't see the mint, changing anything on the silver. That's too much effort. God forbid they do anything, for the collector!!image
  • Options

<< <i>The Mint is not authorized to sell the business strike ( non W mintmark) directly to the public, but only to authorized dealers. Therefore, I'll go with the "W" mintmark. >>

Not true OPA, as pointed out earlier, the Millenium Set had an uncirculated 2000 Silver Eagle along with a 2000-D Burnished Sacajawea.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The Mint is not authorized to sell the business strike ( non W mintmark) directly to the public, but only to authorized dealers. Therefore, I'll go with the "W" mintmark. >>

Not true OPA, as pointed out earlier, the Millenium Set had an uncirculated 2000 Silver Eagle along with a 2000-D Burnished Sacajawea. >>

I forgot about that one ... but as mentioned earlier .. One individual talked to the US Mint HQ in DC., and was informed that it would be the burnished W & someone else talked to the "order takers" ( not mint employees) & they indicated non w....who you gonna believe?
  • Options
    The picture used for the set is the same as the sincle uncirculated ASE that sold out, it is just smaller. If this were a different type of coin, wouldn't they use a different picture?
  • Options
    There is a info type insert on this page that could probably be copied ,cleaned up and read if any computer whiz is up to it, my skills suck..........here is the link, it may say what we are all guessing about..

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=14322&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=10054

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭
    The 2007-W is the new dud. Another US Mint screwing of the collector. My guess.....800K+ total mintage after everything is said and done.
  • Options
    This MS70FS just sold for $220.50....will it drop from here???

Stay tuned 2007-W ASE "Mint Sheeple."

eBay Link
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Not true OPA, as pointed out earlier, the Millenium Set had an uncirculated 2000 Silver Eagle along with a 2000-D Burnished Sacajawea. >>

I forgot about that one ... but as mentioned earlier .. One individual talked to the US Mint HQ in DC., and was informed that it would be the burnished W & someone else talked to the "order takers" ( not mint employees) & they indicated non w....who you gonna believe? >>

Nobody thats who!

We'll just have to wait until they get delivered but my bet is a non-burnished, non mint mark SAE.

The SAE sell's for $21.95. The cheapest you can get an UNC Sac or Prexy buck is a $1.28 if you buy 250 of them. Thats $28.36 just in coinage not including the packaging and handling.

No, my votes on a regular bullion SAE.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>The 2007-W is the new dud. Another US Mint screwing of the collector. My guess.....800K+ total mintage after everything is said and done. >>

Where are they at now? 575,000? Do ya really think they can dump another 225,000 with the junk dollars as bait?
  • Options
    10 minutes left on ths one if you're interested.......

eBay MS70FS

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file