Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2007 ASE No Longer Available!

Comments

• Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭
    My coin is on back order right now, ordered on the 5th or 6th I believe.....

Hope I get it.....
    Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Well I've never been interested in the series, around 500k is just too much IMO. I do collect the non-W ASE's in a Dansco. Wouldn't it be a kick in the shorts if silver reaches $30 or more an ounce and all those non-W ASE go to the melting pot making them the rare ASE's of the future.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭
    The cheap ones are going quick on eBay/Ebay express. Most left are now in the $30+ range plus shipping. Buy em now before you regret itimage
  • Options

Here's a Clue..."-)

My Ebay Auctions

Currently Listed: Nothing

Take Care, Dave
  • Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought 2 boxes of 10 from the mint and still have one unopened that qualify for 1st strike.Maybe I can eventually turn a decent profit.
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    Now I regret opening my box of four when I ordered the first day they went on sale imageimage
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I notice an interesting comparison in the figures above. For the bullion ASE's, the mintage for the scarcest date (1996) is about 15% lower than the mintage of the next scarcest date (1994). The price difference, however, is large. The 1996 goes for about three times the price of the 1994. In fact, the 1994 is priced only a few dollars higher than common dates.

Using the numbers above, the 2006-W appears likewise to be about 15% scarcer than the 2007-W. While the situations are not identical, I don't think it can be automatically assumed that the 2007-W will approach the price of the 2006-W just because the mintages are similar.

Overall demand for the burnished "W" coins will probably not be identical to demand for the bullion versions. Many collectors may continue to collect ASE's by date and ignore the mintmarked collector versions.

My opinion only. >>

Use your observation but look at it differently......

If the 1996 is only 15% below the next lowest mintage, and yet, it commands a hefty premium, maybe that means that the collector base (assuming no attrition, duplication of more than 1 coin in someone's hands, etc (which is completely erroneous but we can probably assume the same things occur to the next lowest one as well) is somewhere above the mintage of the 1996 and below that of the next lowest mintage one.

So, if that is the case, and making the same (erroneous) assumptions about the "W" marked ones (2006, 2007), if the same collector base, in any large %, decides to get them, they will definitely still move up.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>The cheap ones are going quick on eBay/Ebay express. Most left are now in the $30+ range plus shipping. Buy em now before you regret itimage >>

Hmmm..was going to toss up my MS70 FS PCGS tomorrow....maybe it has room to run? Maybe I should hold off...?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The cheap ones are going quick on eBay/Ebay express. Most left are now in the $30+ range plus shipping. Buy em now before you regret itimage >>

Hmmm..was going to toss up my MS70 FS PCGS tomorrow....maybe it has room to run? Maybe I should hold off...? >>

Boy... I sure would, $300 by Xmas..."-)

My Ebay Auctions

Take Care, Dave
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I notice an interesting comparison in the figures above. For the bullion ASE's, the mintage for the scarcest date (1996) is about 15% lower than the mintage of the next scarcest date (1994). The price difference, however, is large. The 1996 goes for about three times the price of the 1994. In fact, the 1994 is priced only a few dollars higher than common dates.

Using the numbers above, the 2006-W appears likewise to be about 15% scarcer than the 2007-W. While the situations are not identical, I don't think it can be automatically assumed that the 2007-W will approach the price of the 2006-W just because the mintages are similar.

Overall demand for the burnished "W" coins will probably not be identical to demand for the bullion versions. Many collectors may continue to collect ASE's by date and ignore the mintmarked collector versions.

My opinion only. >>

Use your observation but look at it differently......

If the 1996 is only 15% below the next lowest mintage, and yet, it commands a hefty premium, maybe that means that the collector base (assuming no attrition, duplication of more than 1 coin in someone's hands, etc (which is completely erroneous but we can probably assume the same things occur to the next lowest one as well) is somewhere above the mintage of the 1996 and below that of the next lowest mintage one.

So, if that is the case, and making the same (erroneous) assumptions about the "W" marked ones (2006, 2007), if the same collector base, in any large %, decides to get them, they will definitely still move up. >>

some of the 2006 W ASE (MORE THAN HALF) went into 20th Anniv. sets...now granted not every coin that was in those sets (250k) is slabbed or is still sitting in a sealed mint box.
    the anniversary slabbed 2006 W ASE should be at a higher premium than just a raw one, maybe 25% but it isn't (why?)

nonetheless the 07-W here should be up over $200 ($300 is a stretch) in FS MS70 PCGS soon and maybe $125 in NGC "Happy Release" by 01/08

another point is you have to consider the collector base as well as mintage. ie I was a fool to think that a PCGS Reverse Proof PR69 would be $650-$1000 by now (and paid for it) based soley on the 2005-W proof in mintage vs price. The number of true collector's is much less than 250k and much greater than 10,000...although the RP in ASE is a very purdy coin even for a non collector.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

The bullion ASE's (including the lowest-mintage 1996) are not all in collectors' hands. A lot of them have probably been tucked away in rolls, by silver investors who don't yet realize that they have a premium date. Current prices may reflect distribution patterns as well as scarcity.

I just don't see the 2007-W uncirculated ASE approaching anywhere near the price of the 2006-W. The 2007-W has been available for months, so collectors have had ample opportunity to buy one or more from the Mint at issue price. In addition, some speculators probably bought mini-hoards, which at some point will add to the supply on the market.

If the collector base over time starts buying the W uncirculated ASE's, I expect that this demand will keep the price of the 2006-W comfortably ahead of the 2007-W -- especially since so many 2006-W's are locked up in 20th Anniversary sets and are therefore unavailable as singles.

My opinion only.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    conversely

the 2006-w is included in the widely distributed 20th anniv set, therefore, not in mini hoards.... if you have a 20th anniv set, you dont need a single coin.

2007-w could possibly be in mini hoards, not widely dispersed, therefore demand by the ordinary joe during the Christmas season could drive the price upwards....everyone needs a single coin.
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    There were about 100K more 2007-Ws made than 2006-Ws and they were all sold direct, not in sets. My guess is the 2007-W will be about a $60 coin in January.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must admit that I was surprised to see the 07-w's sell out this soon. It was ~Dec 10 last year when the 06-w's finally dried up. NOW, the 06's stayed available most of the fall as I remember -- and my gut told me these would never amount to much...boy was I wrong.

Now with the 07's, I figured the Mint would produce these in much higher numbers based on last year's performance, WRONG again - at least to a certain degree. I am now eating crow, and buying what I can at ~$30. I agree, these will go $50+ by Christmas. Get 'em while you can!

Wayne
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    These have been on sale for a MUCH longer time than the 2006-W were, so, an earlier end on this isn't a big surprise to me.
    Also, the mint has to start gearing up for producing 2008 items (and they have done too much stuff in 2007 so I think they are spread pretty thin).
    I sold my 2007-W PCGS MS69 FS to a forum member, for a loss, about 2-3 weeks ago....now, it is going for 33% more already image
    Win some, lose some.

I hope everyone that wants these, for collections, gets them, and I also hope they continue to go up and that I finally get smart enough to sell near the peak on something image

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope everyone that wants these, for collections, gets them, and I also hope they continue to go up and that I finally get smart enough to sell near the peak on something image

I expect them to peak around the year 3000, at which point the world economy will be brought down by the Y3K bug.

Can't wait to find out if I'm right! image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    I agree with DeepCoin

$60 by Christmas - the height of demand.....

Buy them now.....while you still can...

Then load up on 07W PLATS, they're the next ones to go, and go sub 4000 mintage on 1/4 and 1/2......
  • Options
    Guys -

This coin was a no brainer at 21.95.

even if they came in at 650-700K, and sold them into 2008, after sellout they still would hit 40.
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One is all I need...image
  • Options

<< <i>Guys -

This coin was a no brainer at 21.95.

even if they came in at 650-700K, and sold them into 2008, after sellout they still would hit 40. >>

In hindsight, I'd have to agree. I'm feeling kinda foolish at the moment... I just really figured the mintage would be much higher. Murphy's Law prevails. Here's to $50 07-w's by Christmas (or sooner).

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a PCGS MS69FS still available for $35

eBay Link

Edited: Wow, 5 minutes later SOLD!

Is Beers3740 a forum member???? image
  • Options
    I had a good feeling about 550K and stated it many times on the forum......and got beat senseless by FLBUFF and others....that the # would be well over that figure....

I have to admit that I did not think it would be sold out in late November.......but the number of 550K stuck with me the whole time....

• Options
    This NGC MS70 Early Releases went for $86 tonight.

eBay Link

If that was a PCGS MS70FS it would have gone for $250+
  • Options
    Gunshy. The quality is high enough on these coins that I am really learey about buying until after a year. MS70 means little if 60%+ meet that standard.
  • Options
    19.5% went 70 at NGC (ER and plain holder)

7.9% went 70 at PCGS (non-FS)

anyone have the combined FS/non-FS % at PCGS?

the NGC is undervalued at sub 100 levels.

My humble opinion is the PCGS 70 FS now worth 325, NGC 70 ER now worth 180.
  • Options

<< <i>This NGC MS70 Early Releases went for $86 tonight.

eBay Link

If that was a PCGS MS70FS it would have gone for $250+ >>

You show me someone who is paying $250+ for a PCGS MS70FS....I have one waiting image

• Options
    Maikes me feel good about having 3 still in mint packaging, 4 NGC MS-69 and a NGC MS-70. Wish I had that in '06 W but alas, there are only 4.

• Options
    I think it's a sleeper of sorts, hiding in plan sight...

There not going to be the 06's but there going to be better then exspected...

$75 to $150 for a 2007-W - E/R or F/S MS70 is a no brainier, $200 to $300 by Xmas...

Edited because I wanted to..."-)

My Ebay Auctions

Take Care, Dave
  • Options
    Just now (9PM central) on eBay a 2007 W SAE MS70FS sold for $180 plus $5 shipping. Only data point I've seen today on eBay. Its higher than the average which was around $160, but there were some in the past that hit that high. 69 prices are still $35 to $40 but how many people know they went dark already?
  • Options

<< <i>

eBay Link

You show me someone who is paying $250+ for a PCGS MS70FS....I have one waiting image >>

This guy is sitting on 25pcs. eBay Link

This guy is dreaming..... eBay Link 2

Bochiman, I will report back if any purchases are made....image
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

eBay Link

i couldn't resist, even if NGC plastic.
  • Options
    GB...if you aren't jesting, I would actually appreciate it.
    Would make for a good fund for XMas for the kid and a donation to Toys4Tots as well.

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Here you go (not my auction but I did buy some) NGC MS69 Early Release $25.00 each 45 left. Kinda steep on shipping though $6.95 for 1st one, $3.00 each additional. I sent him a message asking for correct shipping amount, $18.95 for the 5 I bought a little steep, still a bargain though for quantity.

Auction Link

GONE WITHIN 2 MINUTES OF POSTING The lurkers got em image
    On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    Texast,

It is "asstyme" on ebay doing that....at least the 2nd time I have seen him swoop in after a forum member (yourself a few times I think) has commented on these, and good deals on ebay, in the last day or so.

Now, what's interesting is looking at that person's (asstyme) completed auctions.
    I was feeling sorry for him seeing unsold auctions at $0.99 then saw the $7.99 shipping.

Then, I saw this auction

Any time I see "Please read the item description carefully" and see something in the picture that could be a great deal, I really wonder....in this case, it was 3 of the regular 2006 proofs that are placed in a 2006 20th Annv SAE set's box.
    Hmmmm....3 spots, 3 silver dollars, and the following title " 3 - 2006 W 20th Anniversary Silver Eagle Proof Coins "

Yes, technically it is right. However, I believe it to be deceptive. A BIN of $139.99 so someone probably thought they were getting a good deal. Who knows, maybe the bidder knew exactly what they were getting? The pictures clearly show regular proofs, but I still find it cheesy to put them in the box for a photo....especially when there is NO WAY to differentiate the regular proofs included in the set from the individual ones sold by the mint.

• Options
    I have 10 mint sealed boxes of 5 eagles in each one.Last month i tried to sell them on the bay not once,but twice for a buy it now of $139.95 and not one of them sold on the both times i listed them.I would now like to thank everyone for not buying them.image
  • Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Bochiman,

I looked at his auctions, he seems to enjoy overcharging for his shipping, It's a shame that sellers feel they have to do this.

I had one buyer that purchased several items the other day and he had paid before I sent a combined invoice, I could have kept the extra shipping but I would not have felt right, even though he never asked I refunded the overage. I may never hear anything from him about it but at least I know I did the right thing.

I really did not care for his tactics on the three proofs in the anniversary set, too bad some people have to trick others into buying their stuff.

Have a great Turkey Day,

Tex
    On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's about time. Now maybe the prices will catch up with the mint price plus the cost to have them graded. >>

God bless your son and his family!
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    I purchased a NGC MS-70 early release @ 82.00 + 10.00 shipping. I'll take the NGC plastic. image

Just purchased 3 more @ 74.00 EA. image not early release
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    Prices seem to be creeping up on ebay. All of the cheap BINs and lots are getting picked off.
    Coin Update - Coin Collecting News and Articles - Updated Daily.

Mint News Blog - US Mint News, Product Information, and Commentary.
  • Options

<< <i>Prices seem to be creeping up on ebay. All of the cheap BINs and lots are getting picked off. >>

I swept up a bunch last night <$30 each. Only a few remaining, most new bin listings are around $40 now. I think $50 prices are very near.image
  • Options
    Another $42 sale

eBay
  • Options
    Lone Star Mint Inc
    has a few 2007 w unc eagles left not sure how many
  • Options
    lets keep the upward push on prices rolling on this one.....
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    you guys. you take this small sliver of a market called ebay and
    buy them all up agressively.. of course you will raise prices.

500,000 is a key with a small mintage? you truly think there is 100,000
    people collecting these things?

oi. then anyone with a brain who wishes to collect long term has
    already gotten out of them due to spotting.. acetone dip or not...

this reminds me wayy to much of collectible areas that experience
    a boom and bust due to this type of thinking.

better flip fast before you get shocked by the fact no one wants
    common silver rounds as a long term collectible.

no one being most everyone on the planet excluding a few hard
    core collectors.
  • Options

<< <i>you guys. you take this small sliver of a market called ebay and

core collectors. >>

Can you then explain why the 1996 Eagles, which have been out for 11 years, and have a mintage of over 3 million, still sell for well above their silver value? Those "few hard core collectors" must have a lot of money to keep that up for 11 years.
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭

core collectors. >>

Did you also have this same view last year on the 2006-W's that are now up 400% over issue price image
  • Options

core collectors. >>

Amazingimage
  • Options
    I see a good bull market, on these!! They were backordered, to mid dec, Before they went dark, there will maybe be, a good second wave ,coming through.
    Hang tight if you have alot of these, as they are getting picked off fast now!! I bought 3 NGC 70"S ER, Yesterday For $70 each, i still have a sealed box of 5, FS, ER elidgible. And a few loose ones. So just watch them closely!! I think the good mintage, will keep these worth keeping. Once the final numbers are released.image
    SEE the BULL!! BUY the BULL!! BE the BULL!! Do your homework first. And, you will learn alot!!
  • Options
    You guys quoting FC and disagreeing with him need to read more of his posts...he is almost always negative, particularly about anything modern.
    Just take with a grain of salt and ignore image

• Options
    Ignored!!
    SEE the BULL!! BUY the BULL!! BE the BULL!! Do your homework first. And, you will learn alot!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file