2007 ASE No Longer Available!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,968 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>The Mint is not authorized to sell the business strike ( non W mintmark) directly to the public, but only to authorized dealers. Therefore, I'll go with the "W" mintmark. >>

Not true OPA, as pointed out earlier, the Millenium Set had an uncirculated 2000 Silver Eagle along with a 2000-D Burnished Sacajawea. >>

I forgot about that one ... but as mentioned earlier .. One individual talked to the US Mint HQ in DC., and was informed that it would be the burnished W & someone else talked to the "order takers" ( not mint employees) & they indicated non w....who you gonna believe? >>

Nobody thats who!

We'll just have to wait until they get delivered but my bet is a non-burnished, non mint mark SAE.

The SAE sell's for $21.95. The cheapest you can get an UNC Sac or Prexy buck is a $1.28 if you buy 250 of them. Thats $28.36 just in coinage not including the packaging and handling.

No, my votes on a regular bullion SAE. >>

Good point Lee....it cannot be the burnished version, that would not be fair to current owners of 2007-W burnished ASE's.

Wish we could get the truth NOW!!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>The Mint is not authorized to sell the business strike ( non W mintmark) directly to the public, but only to authorized dealers. Therefore, I'll go with the "W" mintmark. >>

Not true OPA, as pointed out earlier, the Millenium Set had an uncirculated 2000 Silver Eagle along with a 2000-D Burnished Sacajawea. >>

I forgot about that one ... but as mentioned earlier .. One individual talked to the US Mint HQ in DC., and was informed that it would be the burnished W & someone else talked to the "order takers" ( not mint employees) & they indicated non w....who you gonna believe? >>

Nobody thats who!

We'll just have to wait until they get delivered but my bet is a non-burnished, non mint mark SAE.

The SAE sell's for $21.95. The cheapest you can get an UNC Sac or Prexy buck is a $1.28 if you buy 250 of them. Thats $28.36 just in coinage not including the packaging and handling.

No, my votes on a regular bullion SAE. >>

Good point Lee....it cannot be the burnished version, that would not be fair to current owners of 2007-W burnished ASE's.

Wish we could get the truth NOW!!!! image

Sorry for the double post!!!! image
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AAAARRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!

The mint is driving me crazy!!

Oh well. Makes life interesting. Since all SAE's are minted at West Point, it's anyone's guess what will land in our laps. We can only hope for something extraordinary like a burnished non-mint-marked...

The mint has included bullion strikes before in sets AND burnished. Can we get Michael White to confirm yea or nay? What does the fine print say on the COA for this set?
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Guys -

Let's wait till this all falls out to determine just what 07 ASE is in the set. If it is the 07W ASE, they better be minting away right now, because they only have a few weeks left. After that, they cant mint any more by LAW.

And by the way, they are busy minting away 08 ASE (bullion) for release in early JAN 08.

Additionally, there was about a 50,000 jump in the "sales" numbers for the 07W ASE in early NOV 07, quite unusual, and judging by the way the Mint accounts for "sales" these coins included in sets may already be accounted for.

Time will tell.

• Options
    You can never judge by the product description.

The product description says a 07 ASE minted at West Point. Well, bullion and the W mintmarked collector version are both minted there.

And yes, they can include a special bullion version in the set - they did it in 2000.

I think it might just be 50,000 W mintmarked coins set aside. The unofficial "sales" numbers took a large leap (about 50K) in early NOV 07 in on leap. I believe these are the coins in these sets.

I still believe the 550-575K will hold. Maybe I will be wrong, maybe not. If I am wrong, I cant see them having more than 50K on hand for this set and NO more time to Mint more. 2007 is coming to a close FAST.

Even at 625K this coin is a 40 dollar coin raw.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Additionally, there was about a 50,000 jump in the "sales" numbers for the 07W ASE in early NOV 07, quite unusual, and judging by the way the Mint accounts for "sales" these coins included in sets may already be accounted for.

Time will tell. >>

Probably why they closed the singles out early, so they had coins for this set...

My Ebay Auctions

Currently Listed: Nothing

Take Care, Dave
  • Options
    tychojoetychojoe Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    <<There is a info type insert on this page that could probably be copied ,cleaned up and read if any computer whiz is up to it>>

I'm no computer whiz, but for a simple zoom or scale-up, there was not enough resolution in the Mint image to read much in the description on the coin folder. Now, if someone has one of [the] programs that fills in probable pixels when zooming...that might work image
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm no computer whiz, but for a simple zoom or scale-up, there was not enough resolution in the Mint image to read much in the description on the coin folder. Now, if someone has one of a programs that fills in probable pixels when zooming...that might work image >>

I'm still waiting for the software they use in movies to become commercially available.
  • Options
    I received e-mail, yesterday, from the Mint, to say that they were going to place my order, for the 2008 Proof Silver Eagle, in three weeks.
    I subscribe to that series.

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Just to be on the safe side I ordered 20 of these sets. I can always cancel them if necessary.
  • Options
    Nice deal on this MS70FS....hope this is support level. image

eBay Link
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Regardless of whether the ASE in the "Annual Uncirculated Dollar Set" has a mintmark, the coin could very well carry a premium if the TPGs designate it as coming from the set.

Many ASEs and Sacagewea dollars from the 2000 Millennium Set were given a special "Millennium Set" designation on the PCGS holders.

If a similar designation is made available for this set, there could possibly be up to 10 different TPG holders for the set: ASE, Sacagewea dollar, 4 Presidential Position A, and 4 Presidential Position B.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I decided to put my last PCGS MS70 2007-W up for sale Weds night.
    It went from $9.99 to just over $172 in about an hour. It is still sitting there but I am fine with that...it was less than $150 just a few weeks ago so the time is good to sell, I think.

Not sure how the raw are doing (I have a few of those and a sealed box of 10) but I think I will sell soon.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Many ASEs and Sacagewea dollars from the 2000 Millennium Set were given a special "Millennium Set" designation on the PCGS holders. >>

Just to make it clear to those confused about the Millennium Set. The 2000 D Sac has a Special Burnished Finish that was ONLY produced for that set. And the Silver Eagle in the set was the ONLY Bullion ASE struck at the West Point Mint, all other Bullion ASE's were struck at Philidelphia that year. West Point did not take over the striking of the regular bullion ASE until 2001. Both are limited editions of only 75,000

If you take the ASE out of the package there is no way to tell it apart from the philly strikes unless a TPG has indicated it was from the Millennium Set. As far as any other Bullion issues sold to collectors by the mint lets not forget the 2003 ASE that was combined with the 2002 Britannia for the Legacies of Freedom Set. The argument that the Mint can not sell Bullion issues to the general public does not hold water!

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep...Texas is correct.
    Too many people on here think they know everything that can, and cannot, be done by the mint. Think again. Until you actually see it, it can be anything image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    prices are calming, seems like everyone that wanted one thinks that the set has the W mm coin and puts in an order.. Anyone get a set delivered yet?
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    Hi.. after stumbling on this thread and being iggorant image about the 2007-W ASEs selling out.. i did a quick eBay search and nabbed two of them in The Mint boxes for about $26.00 each.. one of the sellers also had the 2007 Jamestown $1.00 Silver Unc. sitting there with a few minutes to go, starting at $0.99 with no bids, so i threw a lowball bid at it and nabbed it for about $25.00.. ten bucks under Mint issue price.. since i bought two things from him, he discounted the shipping by 50%.. so i'll put the ASEs in my collection and sell them when they're going for $10,000.00.. image or maybe i'll submit them to PCGS along with a lot of other stuff i'm sitting on and get a couple MS61s..

by the way, either PCGS graders are getting tired, or they're lowering their standards.. i won a 2006-S Old Mint PCGS PR70 DCAM Proof off TeleTrade last week.. got the coin in a couple days, and after looking at it withOUT a loupe, just rotating it a bit under four different kinds of light, (incandescent, halogen, fluorescent, and sunlight..) .. i saw more than one tiny pinpoint-sized hits or frost breaks on each side, along with a small piece of black crud inside the round part of the slab (but not sitting on the coin, but.. rather.. stuck to the inside of the round window).. i would expect this from ICG.. but not from PCGS.. so back it went to TeleTrade for a refund..

i've been doing business with them for many years and this is the first time i've ever returned anything.. the tiny hits (and i mean tiny, but they were there).. should not have been on a Gold coin in a PR70 DCAM slab.. to me, PCGS 70 means 70.. nor should a small black piece of crud been in there.. problem is, as good as TeleTrade's imaging is, even with the DjVu close-up magnification, these problems were not visible, the coin looked perfect.. it did NOT look perfect when i held it in my hands and tilted it a bit.. under different lights.. should have been a PR69, and chances are, if *I* had submitted it, it would have been.. but TeleTrade was nice about it, and since i have been a "loyal customer" and never returned anything before, they waived the return fee and re-stocking fee and said they'd refund my entire Invoice (which included another $500.00 coin which, in person, didn't live up to its imaging..) .. so.. $1064.00 out, waiting for $1064.00 back in.. my only expenditure was the Postage it cost to send them back the two coins..

there's just no substitute for examining a coin in person before whipping out the plastic.. meanwhile, a week earlier, i won a 1915-S PCGS MS65 Panama Pacific Gold DollEr from them.. that one is a true Gem.. ain't goin' back..

Thanks
    Harv

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
    I still think the w series is going to be a great collectible series in years to come and 06 and 07 will end up being keys to the series as production levels increase to meet demand.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i am going to get a few of the "dollar" sets....just incase.

• Options
    I cancelled my dollar sets as I feel they are going nowhere.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file