Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Official Football HOF Rookies Thread**********************************************

Comments

• Options
    Just my humble opinion but i think it is a little to early to be looking at what Petterson card to use ,the guy looks great but could be a flash in the pan ,He has a history of getting hurt and that does not fit well into a hof type player

For that matter same can be said for most players who`s rookie card is in the 2000,s
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Just got this email.......GOod news..

Hi Everybody,

The results of the poll are in. The majority of registrants have voted to add the 1996 SP #7 for Terrell Owens to the All-time NFL Receivers set. The online set composite has been updated with the new addition.

Thank you all for your participation and support of the Registry!

Gayle Kean
    Collectors Universe

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    Maybe we should be thinking about adding both TO and Moss to the HOF modern hopeful set.

dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank God. If anything other than SP was chosen that really would have sucked. I was surprised this was even put to a vote since TO's SP card is used in the all-time 49ers set. Oh well. All's well that ends well I guess image
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe we should be thinking about adding it to the Modern HOF hopeful set. >>

I completely agree. In this thread, before the season started, I wrote that TO and Moss should both be added to the future HOF'ers set if they had big years. Neither # 81 has disappointed.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe we should be thinking about adding both TO and Moss to the HOF modern hopeful set.

dave >>

Agreed...

Same with Tom Brady to the QB set..After this season, there is no doubt he belongs.
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    wow, I thought Brady was a lock HOF'er before this year regardless if he got injured and never played again.
  • Options

<< <i>wow, I thought Brady was a lock HOF'er before this year regardless if he got injured and never played again. >>

We had a request either last year or maybe before last season, cant remember on Brady being added to the QB set. I voted no at the time. Prior to this season, lets say he turned into Kurt Warner in 2007 and beyond. Would he still be a HOFer? Personally, although he has the rings, I didn't think he'd ever had spectacular regular seasons. Under 23,000 total yards, only 3 Pro Bowls, no first team All-Pro, no MVPs or offensive POY...Although he was close and already a likely HOF, I thought we would be better off waiting on the All-Time Qb addition. Just get more stats/pro bowls under his belt.

After watching him this season, that final piece of doubt is gone. I think if he went down next week with career ending injury he's a HOFer. If he turns into Kurt Warner or Drew Bledsoe (guys who started off super hot/headed to the HOF but fell off) I dont think it will be this season. With an MVP season in 2007 (no doubt), he has solidified my vote as one of the All-Time Great QBs.

Just my opinion,
    Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>We went with the Topps Chrome on the NFL Offensive ROY set for Adrian Peterson. The rest were numbered or with college pictures, etc.

Topps Chrome also is what we've been using since the 2002 cards. Although they are 'shiny' cards, they are nice to look at. >>

Isnt it a little early to make him the NFL Off ROY. What if he blows his knee out next week?
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    I understand and know that alot of people place way too much importance on statistics. If you can let in Sayers for his shortened career, I didn't feel any different with Brady. Some players just have that exceptional leadership quality that directly impacts the game and Tom Brady has it and Bledsoe and Warner never had that quality in my opinion. Kinda like those who don't understand the impact and importance that Joe Namath had to professional football, and the leadership that did make the difference often times in winning and losing, and the stats don't tell the whole story.

• Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246

<< <i>

<< <i>We went with the Topps Chrome on the NFL Offensive ROY set for Adrian Peterson. The rest were numbered or with college pictures, etc.

Topps Chrome also is what we've been using since the 2002 cards. Although they are 'shiny' cards, they are nice to look at. >>

Isnt it a little early to make him the NFL Off ROY. What if he blows his knee out next week? >>

We made the decision to have that be the card IF Mr Peterson ends up winning it. He's pretty far ahead in the race for offensive ROY and it looks like Patrick Willis is going to be the defensive ROY IF they can continue their trends and not hit the rookie wall.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Darrell Green and Cris Carter among 124 modern-era nominees for Hall of Fame

2007-10-30 15:35

CANTON, Ohio (AP) -Cornerback Darrell Green and receivers Cris Carter and Herman Moore were among 124 modern-era players, coaches, and contributors on the preliminary list of nominees for the Pro Football Hall of Fames Class of 2008.

Other first-year eligibles are running back Eric Metcalf; offensive tackles Tony Boselli, Lomas Brown and Richmond Webb; and linebackers Levon Kirkland and Hardy Nickerson.

Previously, the senior committee nominated Marshall Goldberg and Emmitt Thomas. Goldberg, a multipurpose back, was a two-way star with the Chicago Cardinals from 1939-1943 and following World War II from 1946-48. Thomas, an all-league cornerback, starred for 13 seasons (1966-1978) for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Voters will choose 25 candidates from that group as semifinalists; that list will be announced late in November. From there, the list will be pared to 15 finalists, who will be considered at the selection committee's meetings during Super Bowl week.

At least four and no more than seven nominees will be elected on the day before the Super Bowl.

To be considered for Hall of Fame election, a player or coach must have been retired at least five years. A contributor - someone who has made outstanding career contributions to pro football in capacities other than playing or coaching - may still be active in his pro football career.

* '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Complete list...My personal rankings per position...

Quarterbacks
    Ken Anderson-2
    Randall Cunningham-3
    Boomer Esiason-5
    Jim Plunkett-7
    Phil Simms-4
    Ken Stabler-1
    Joe Theismann-6
    Danny White-9
    Doug Williams-8

Running Backs
    Ottis Anderson-4
    Roger Craig-2
    Terrell Davis-1
    Eric Metcalf-6
    Herschel Walker-5
    Ricky Watters-3

Wide Receivers
    Cliff Branch-5
    Harold Carmichael-6
    Cris Carter-1
    Dwight Clark-10
    Gary Clark-7
    Isaac Curtis-11
    Henry Ellard-8
    Roy Green-12
    Art Monk-2
    Herman Moore-9
    Drew Pearson-4
    Andre Reed-3

Tight Ends
    Mark Bavaro-3
    Todd Christensen-1
    Ben Coates-2
    Russ Francis-6
    Brent Jones-5
    Jay Novacek-4

Offensive Linemen
    Tony Boselli, T-6
    Lomas Brown, T-8
    Jim Covert, T-7
    Dermontti Dawson, C-4
    Russ Grimm, G-5
    Jay Hilgenberg, C-13
    Kent Hill, G/T-18
    Chris Hinton, G/T-11
    Kent Hull, -14
    Joe Jacoby, T-15
    Mike Kenn, T-17
    Bob Kuechenberg, G-1
    Jim Lachey, T-16
    Mark May, T/G/C-19
    Randall McDaniel, G-3
    Jeff Van Note, C-12
    Richmond Webb, T-10
    Steve Wisniewski, G-9
    Gary Zimmerman, T-2

Defenive Linemen
    Ray Childress, DT/DE-6
    Fred Dean, DE-4
    Richard Dent, DE-1
    Chris Doleman, DE/LB-3
    Jacob Green, DE-11
    Charles Haley, DE/LB-2
    Jim Jeffcoat, DE-10
    Ed "Too Tall" Jones, DE-8
    Cortez Kennedy, DT-7
    Joe Klecko, DE/DT/NT-5
    Fred Smerlas, NT-9

Linebackers
    Cornelius Bennett-6
    Matt Blair-9
    Robert Brazile-4
    Randy Gradishar-2
    Kevin Greene-5
    Ken Harvey-17
    Rickey Jackson-8
    Levon Kirkland-15
    Wilber Marshall-13
    Clay Matthews-11
    Karl Mecklenburg-10
    Sam Mills-7
    Hardy Nickerson-12
    Pat Swilling-14
    Darryl Talley-16
    Derrick Thomas-1
    Andre Tippett-3

Defensive Backs
    Eric Allen, CB-9
    Steve At-water, S-3
    Joey Browner, S-11
    LeRoy Butler, S-4
    Raymond Clayborn, CB-13
    Nolan Cromwell, S-10
    Kenny Easley, S -6
    Darrell Green, CB-1
    Lester Hayes, CB-2
    Albert Lewis, CB-5
    Ken Riley, CB-12
    Donnie Shell, S-7
    Louis Wright, CB-8

Kickers, Punters & Special Teams
    Ray Guy, P-1
    Nick Lowery, K-2
    Reggie Roby, P -3
    Elbert Shelley, ST/S-5
    Steve Tasker, ST/WR-4

Coaches
    Don Coryell-2
    Tom Flores-4
    Jimmy Johnson-3
    Chuck Knox -5
    Buddy Parker-6
    Clark Shaughnessy-1
    Ernie Zampese-7

Contributors
    K. S. "Bud" Adams
    Gil Brandt
    C.O. Brocato
    Leo Carlin
    Ed DeBartolo, Jr.
    Pat Haggerty
    Bob Harlan
    Jerry Jones
    Frank "Bucko" Kilroy
    Art McNally
    Art Modell
    Art Rooney, Jr.
    Ed Sabol
    Steve Sabol
    Paul Tagliabue
    Jim Tunney
    Ralph Wilson, Jr.
    Ron Wolf
    George Young
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Jay,

I just read something surprising...I knew the minimum candidates was increased to 4 but the maximum number has also been increased to 7!! That's great...there are SO many great players, coaches and contributors out there...

What I think is surprising is that no contributors other than owners and commissioners have been elected. In baseball there are a fair amount of other HOFers that were elected as contributers (e.g. umpires, maybe even a scout or two??).

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    Greg,

There are some provisions to that...One of which, I think they can only elect 7 if 2 of them are SENIOR candidates..So they can't put in more than 5 modern guys in any given year....I'm not sold on both of the Senior guys getting in...

I've been told there are some voters who were upset by the senior committee choices and may not as easily give away their vote to the seniors as they did in the past. Wouldnt surprise me at all if only one of them gets in, which would mean a max class of 6...

My top 5 MODERN guys:

1-Cris Carter
    2-Darrell Green
    3-Derrick Thomas
    4-Bob Kuechenberg
    5-Art Monk

If I were a bettin man, I'd put my money on those 5, plus one of the senior candidates..I have no idea who's going to get the smackdown out of those 2 seniors, but I think one of them gets boned. Honestly, neither has any business being in the HOF..Both were good players, but to me are more borderline than Charlie Sanders ever was....

Jason

• Options

<< <i>Greg,

There are some provisions to that...One of which, I think they can only elect 7 if 2 of them are SENIOR candidates..So they can't put in more than 5 modern guys in any given year....I'm not sold on both of the Senior guys getting in...

I've been told there are some voters who were upset by the senior committee choices and may not as easily give away their vote to the seniors as they did in the past. Wouldnt surprise me at all if only one of them gets in, which would mean a max class of 6...

My top 5 MODERN guys:

1-Cris Carter
    2-Darrell Green
    3-Derrick Thomas
    4-Bob Kuechenberg
    5-Art Monk

If I were a bettin man, I'd put my money on those 5, plus one of the senior candidates..I have no idea who's going to get the smackdown out of those 2 seniors, but I think one of them gets boned. Honestly, neither has any business being in the HOF..Both were good players, but to me are more borderline than Charlie Sanders ever was....

Jason >>

I think Goldberg gets in but not Thomas. I still have no frigging idea why the hell Thomas was selected. After all, Wehrli was just elected last year. In my opinin, there are at least 5 better DB's than Thomas from the same era who haven't been elected (Donnie Shell, Ken Riley, Cliff Harris, Lemar Parrish, ect..).

I think my #1 Senior guy is Nobis...I've read quite a bit of him and he was a beast. How many tackles did he have in his rookie year....200+?? that's insane.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    Page 2 is unacceptable for this thread.

Slightly OT, but did anyone read Beckett's Top 100 football cards in the last monthly?

Here's a taste:
    #12 1935 National Chicle Narurski
    #10 2001 SP Aucthentic Vick

No kidding. They said Vick would have been higher before his legal troubles, but that card still deserved a spot in the Top 10.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    Just a point of note the whole SKINS OL from the 80,s is on the list image
  • Options

<< <i>Here's a taste:
    #12 1935 National Chicle Narurski
    #10 2001 SP Aucthentic Vick >>

Hilarious.....That's one reason I havn't owned a beckett in several years.

I wonder what their thought process was. Lets see, Beckett does better with modern cards, lets tell everyone that modern cards are better so that more people submit to us?? WTF.....

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Just a point of note the whole SKINS OL from the 80,s is on the list image >>

I noticed that as well...Russ Grimm was the anchor, I think he has the best (only) shot of those guys getting in. I really think this is Monk's year though. With a comparable possession type WR (Cris Carter) 100% definitely going in, it's going to get Monk some extra looks. If you switched Monk and Carter's teams and playing years I would guess Monk would have even bigger stats than Carter ended up with (minus the TD totals, Carter was a beast in the red zone and Monk was better in space).

Darrell Green is also a lock, and putting 3 "Skins" in one class will never happen..lol

Grimm will get in at some point though, you've got to represent "the Hogs" in the HOF at some point...Riggins wouldn't be in without them, and they were the only constant through the Redskins Super Bowl runs of the Joe Gibbs era..The QBs, RBs, WRs, defensive guys were all interchangable to an extent...

Lastly, this is Bob Kuechenberg's last shot as a modern candidate. I have to believe he is going to get in this year. Guys in their last year tend to get a really hard look before being sent to the overcrowded group of Senior candidates. He's been SO close the past few years, I think he gets those last few votes to get him in this year. That 5th modern candidate spot is the perfect opening for him. If any OL gets in this year, it will be Kuech...

Jason
  • Options
    Don't laugh guys. That Vick Rc is one tough card to find. It peaked at $1500-$2000. But vintage guys can't fathom that. The old "It's modern, it's shiny, it must be crap" posts start sprouting up. The majority of modern collectors tend to be singles collectors, but there are also a few set collectors. If you want to complete that 2001 SP Authentic set, you need that Vick card. Since the card is limited to 250, the competition becomes much tougher.
    Due to Vicks despicable actions, the card has crashed to the $250-$300 price range. I was finally able to afford one a few months ago.
    Now maybe the card shouldn't be in the top 10, but it was the RC card of the #1 pick. SP Authentic was the most collectible brand. The card was limited to 250. It was also the first year that SP Authentic issued it's RC's with uniform patches and autographs.

The player doesn't deserve top 10 status, but the impact that the card has had on the direction of the hobby certainly has.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    Anyone interested in a dead centered, NM-MT '72 Topps Emmitt Thomas? I'd be shocked if it doesn't grade an 8. Shoot me a PM.
  • Options
    d'oh
  • Options
    Hey guys - After watching from the sidelines over the past couple of months I took the plunge and started the set. Keeping it real-I'm sure that I'll never get to 100% with this set but I'd like to see how far I can go...

I've really enjoyed reading this thread--lots of good people & interesting/educational discussion.

Brian
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • Options
    Does anyone have a PSA 9 Bob Kuechenberg rc for sale or trade?

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>Hey guys - After watching from the sidelines over the past couple of months I took the plunge and started the set. Keeping it real-I'm sure that I'll never get to 100% with this set but I'd like to see how far I can go...

I've really enjoyed reading this thread--lots of good people & interesting/educational discussion.

Brian >>

I dont think 100% is out of the question for you...Youve already made a serious dent!

Jason
  • Options

<< <i>Does anyone have a PSA 9 Bob Kuechenberg rc for sale or trade? >>

4SC sold a couple recently. I want to say they went in the $40 - $60 range. Even if he gets in the Hall I doubt the price will go up too much. Kuech will just be the new Jim Langer.
  • Options
    Once Kuechenberg goes into the HOF, his card prices will be much more similar to Dierdorf than the Langer based on the POPs .

Langer has 73 PSA 9's and 21 PSA 10's
    Dierdorf has 34 PSA 9's and 0 PSA 10's
    Kuechenberg has 35 PSA 9s and 5 PSA 10s

If the Kuechenbergs are selling $40-$60 now, I'd say that they will easily double to $80-$120 once he makes it in the Hall.

Jason
  • Options

<< <i>Once Kuechenberg goes into the HOF, his card prices will be much more similar to Dierdorf than the Langer based on the POPs .

If the Kuechenbergs are selling $40-$60 now, I'd say that they will easily double to $80-$120 once he makes it in the Hall.

Jason >>

Thanks Jason. If I upgrade my Kuech from a 8 to a 9, I should surpass you into the #2 slot in the all time Dolphins set. Now, if I could only find a PSA 8 Buoniconti.....

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Once Kuechenberg goes into the HOF, his card prices will be much more similar to Dierdorf than the Langer based on the POPs .

Jason >>

Thanks Jason. If I upgrade my Kuech from a 8 to a 9, I should surpass you into the #2 slot in the all time Dolphins set. Now, if I could only find a PSA 8 Buoniconti.....

Regards,

Greg M. >>

#2??Your a Dolphins guy, you need to get to #1!!!lol

I retired that set, so no need to worry about me re-passing you anyway....

Good luck,
    Jason
  • Options
    #1??? I would have to outspend the evil empire to attain that lofty goal. I can barely afford PSA 8's of the 1960 HOFers...let alone 9's (which is what I'd need to beat them).

I can always dream!!

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

• Options

<< <i>Hey guys - After watching from the sidelines over the past couple of months I took the plunge and started the set. Keeping it real-I'm sure that I'll never get to 100% with this set but I'd like to see how far I can go...

Brian >>

Good luck with the set Brian!

It seems like lots of fun and the people here are definitely knowledgable about it! I am picking up some of the easier to find cards and I'm sitting at #65. Not in a rush, just mainly working on my NFL Offensive/Defensive ROY sets. But, once I'm done with those, I'll be jumping into this one for sure. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    I have a 1950 Otto Graham psa 5 if anyone needs it

Perfect centering small spider wrinkle on back Scan if needed

Cost is smr $140 I will cover ship
  • Options
    I would like a scan if possible. Send it to davemri@yahoo.com..

Thanks..

dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    Dave scan sent let me know if you got it ok ,If you want a back scan lmk

Art
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    You missed a PSA 8 Buoniconti tonight that went, for what I considered VERY cheap, @ $460. I thought about bidding on it but wanted the PSA 9 Tingelhoff more... Some weirdo named fight4olddc went and won that one though. image

• Options
    Josh,

I saw that PSA 8 Buoniconti - but it was centered worse than my 7, which I bought raw for $75. I'll wait for a better centered copy.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    I would rather have a better centered copy as well, but for half the money of a dead centered one... I might be able to put up with it. The last one closed over $800 iirc. No doubt the centering on this copy affected it's final hammer price.
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't laugh guys. That Vick Rc is one tough card to find. It peaked at $1500-$2000. But vintage guys can't fathom that. The old "It's modern, it's shiny, it must be crap" posts start sprouting up. The majority of modern collectors tend to be singles collectors, but there are also a few set collectors. If you want to complete that 2001 SP Authentic set, you need that Vick card. Since the card is limited to 250, the competition becomes much tougher.
    Due to Vicks despicable actions, the card has crashed to the $250-$300 price range. I was finally able to afford one a few months ago.
    Now maybe the card shouldn't be in the top 10, but it was the RC card of the #1 pick. SP Authentic was the most collectible brand. The card was limited to 250. It was also the first year that SP Authentic issued it's RC's with uniform patches and autographs.

The player doesn't deserve top 10 status, but the impact that the card has had on the direction of the hobby certainly has. >>

I collect modern too, so I don't discount a card's importance just because the copyright date starts with a 2. The Vick card caused a splash in a sub-segment of the hobby for a few years. Unless something really surprising happens, it will never some close to the popularity and importance it once held. It's not even the most desirable card in 2001 SP Authentic anymore.

The Nagurski has been one of the most recognizable, desirable, hell I'll just say "backbone" cards of the football card hobby for decades, and there's no reason to suspect it will diminish. The Vick deserves a spot on the list for the impact it caused. But, to put the Vick ahead of the Nagurski in a list of the Top 100 football cards of all time is, IMHO, ignorant.

None of this is meant as a slam on you, of course Frank. You have a modern collection I'd give a nut for, and you're an even better guy.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭✭
    Josh...how's the princess ???? I also need a 63 buoniconti 8.......but the centering didn't warrant a higher bid than my snipe. Glad I missed it.
    Joe bought the last one for that large amount....but I hear he has more money than paul allen....I think they are neighbors. He gave more money away last year than Warren Buffett....and not just on ebay auctions!!!!!!!

Did you guys see what the 9 71 Houston went for?? yikes. When I saw the tingelhoff I knew there would be only one buyer........The man has the passion and is back on the rampage....don't worry when I get mine back in 3 months you have 1st dibbs

BTW mr publius nice pickup on the 66 hayes....beautifull card.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    As I see the low lying fruit, I'm picking them up.

Here are a couple of recent ones which moved me up to #64. image

imageimage
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

You are now 100% right in your choice for offensive ROY. Even if he blows out his knee on his first carry next week, he will win.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Arny, nothing wrong with the low hanging fruit. I started out all of my sets with that fruit. image

And yes, AP is a lock for Off ROY. What an absolute stud. I think I have to take a jersey and frame it with my ticket stub from yesterday. The only records the Vikings are a part of, they are usually on the wrong side. See 99 yd TD run by Tony Dorsett, Favre passes Marino in career TD's, and that other "record" play of 109 yards. Gotta love it. :

Jay-I've heard of that Joe guy. He is crazy. If he wasn't such a nice guy I'd call him names. image The princess is good. Daycare is closed today so I'm home with her. "Working from home" they call it. lol
  • Options

<< <i>You are now 100% right in your choice for offensive ROY. Even if he blows out his knee on his first carry next week, he will win. >>

The only problem is that the 10s of the Topps Chrome are already approaching $100. I'm going to wait it out, if needed, to the offseason when they come back down to $40-60 range (if that happens).
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Anyone seen the latest Goodwin & Co. auction????

All I can say is WOW...A couple of HOF RC's I've never seen before...1948 Leaf Bednarik PSA 8 is already over 16K with 3 1/2 weeks left in the auction!

Getcha popcorn ready...lol

Jason
  • Options
    Not on the same level, but noticed that an Art Monk PSA 10 went for $261 in the last few days. Doesn't seem too bad. Is that a normal price for that one?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

<< <i> I also need a 63 buoniconti 8.......but the centering didn't warrant a higher bid than my snipe. Glad I missed it.
    Joe bought the last one for that large amount...

Did you guys see what the 9 71 Houston went for?? yikes. When I saw the tingelhoff I knew there would be only one buyer........The man has the passion and is back on the rampage....don't worry when I get mine back in 3 months you have 1st dibbs

BTW mr publius nice pickup on the 66 hayes....beautifull card. >>

Jay Z
    You my friend, are a riot!! I still have those voice messages you left me BTW, so funny...

I think my Buoniconti 8 had worse centering than this one, and i paid $300 more for it. Classic example of buying the flip and not the card.

I was chasing that Houston 9, I think i was the underbidder on it. It went for alot more than i thought it would, thats fer shur.

• Options

<< <i>Not on the same level, but noticed that an Art Monk PSA 10 went for $261 in the last few days. Doesn't seem too bad. Is that a normal price for that one? >>

The other 2 Monk PSA 10s on ebay this year sold for $211 and $415.
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone seen the latest Goodwin & Co. auction???? All I can say is WOW...A couple of HOF RC's I've never seen before...1948 Leaf Bednarik PSA 8 is already over 16K with 3 1/2 weeks left in the auction! Getcha popcorn ready...lol Jason >>

They have a stunning group of leafs for sure the Baugh 7 looks sweet as well