Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official Football HOF Rookies Thread**********************************************

Comments

• JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    From PSA website:
    rookie card
    A players first year of cards, whether or not it is his rookie season. Players may have one or dozens of rookie cards, depending on how highly touted he was as a youngster and in which year his rookie card was issued.

From Beckett:
    Rookie Card - A player's regular issue card from an officially licenced brand issued in the first year the player is eligible to appear on a trading card.

Guys, its either a rookie or it isn't...I don't see how the Seau falls anywhere outside of either of these widely accepted definitions. To each his own on card preference, but to me if his "true" Score RC were his THE one to collect, a PSA 10 would run you more than the cost of grading fees. Like Greg, I have no desire to collect a $2 rookie card over a $20 rookie card because one was issued a few months before the other. Its his rookie year, they are both considered rookie cards by the hobby in general. Give me the most valuable every time.

Jason

I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If we argue along the same lines, then Emmitt Smith's true rookie card should be his regular issue Pro Set card...right? If so, which card would you rather spend your money on...a 1990 Pro Set card, of which 10 million were made, or his more popular and more expensive Score Supplemental rookie from a less mass produced set? I'd vote for the more popular and more expensive card every time!

Greg, in this instance I disagree with you. The argument isn't quite valid. You are comparing an E. Smith RC from two different products, where one was a base card (Pro Set) and one was a XRC (Traded oe Supplemental RC). In this instance the most valueable card from his RC is his Score Supllemental. It is also the first RC card score issued of E. Smith.
    With Seau, even though the Supplemental RC is more expensive, he still had a RC issued in the Regular set. The regular set RC is his true RC since it was issued prior to the traded set. That would be the card that I would vote for in a RC set. Just my opinion. >>

Frank,

I think my comment was misinterpreted. If we're saying that the Score Supplemental Seau shouldn't be used because Seau has a regular issue Score card (which I'm assuming is his most valuable outside of the Score Supp card) then a regular issue Emmitt Smith should be used instead of his Score Supp card....right?

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Maybe I'm out of the loop or missing something, but I thought when we voted on the players to be added to the modern set we also had a chance to distiguish which card should be added. If memory serves me correct. Jason posted a list of the players vote total and a list of the proposed cards and we all had a chance to express our opinions then. I do not like the fact that we are considering changing cards now after it has already been set. I am not against taking a poll in the future for future cards but changing the cards already in the set seems ridiculous to me.
    just my 2 cents.
    Vince
    Collector of NFL HOF RC's & Brian Urlacher

<< <i>Maybe I'm out of the loop or missing something, but I thought when we voted on the players to be added to the modern set we also had a chance to distiguish which card should be added. If memory serves me correct. Jason posted a list of the players vote total and a list of the proposed cards and we all had a chance to express our opinions then. I do not like the fact that we are considering changing cards now after it has already been set. I am not against taking a poll in the future for future cards but changing the cards already in the set seems ridiculous to me.
    just my 2 cents.
    Vince >>

You are correct Vince..The problem is that about once a month we either see a post here or I get an e-mail or PM asking why a certain card was used or wanting a change to one of the various HOF or Key Card football sets..To be fair, no change was requested here on the Seau card, but was more of a gripe than anything. But certainly, it falls into the same category of another card that someone doesn't agree with. The problem with the poll we had here is that it was UNOFFICIAL. This was something we did here as a courtesy to hopefully prevent these issues from continuing. Unfortunately, when you have 20+ different collectors, you're going to have 20+ different opinions. The only OFFICIAL answer we will ever get is from PSA. PSA can basically do whatever they want with the Registry sets. If they felt like changing half the cards, well they could physically do it without asking any of us if we wanted the change or not. I don't think they would do that, but my point is, PSA is the official word. So unless PSA sends out a poll and goes by collector vote, we have no argument against any changes.

This is why I said if we (as a group) can't handle having a card here and there that we disagree with, then we need to all just e-mail PSA and request they send a massive poll out for every card on the HOF and Key card registry. That way, a month from now we would never have to have these debates again about what is the right or wrong card. Someone posts a gripe, and the easy answer will be "Majority vote" decided the card. Any other answers we give here do not do anything except create MORE debate and more griping.

Personally, I'm pretty tired of it...We shouldn't have to be worried that someone is going to e-mail PSA tomorrow and request a change that PSA WILL MOST LIKELY send out a poll on. Based on past votes, there is no way to predict what the masses will decide. Much like the time when the USFL cards were added to the HOF RC registry over the 1987 Topps Jim Kelly and the 1986 Topps Steve Young. The debate was is an XRC a RC? Are the USFL cards "mainstream" issue? The change was made, a relatively small one, and I know of 2 collectors who sold off because of it.

Lets pick our poison one way or the other. Either stop the whining and complaining, or lets have PSA poll every possible change on the entire Registry at once so we don't have to revist this same issue every month on a different card with a different collector.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Greg,

Not to speak for Frank but this is what I have always thought about RC's. It is the first card issued of the player per brand. So for Seau his Score RC is in my view his regular issue Score not his Score Supplemental. Now for Emmitt his Score rookie is his Supp or for Topps would be the Traded.

This same issue applies to Cal Ripken. For the Baseball ROY of the year set it is his regular issue Topps card not the Topps Traded card. However for the 3000 hit set there is an option as to either the Traded or Regular. It is a weighted set but both are given a weight of 1.

So maybe there could be more than one RC allowed in the sets??!!

Jay

<< <i>

<< <i>If we argue along the same lines, then Emmitt Smith's true rookie card should be his regular issue Pro Set card...right? If so, which card would you rather spend your money on...a 1990 Pro Set card, of which 10 million were made, or his more popular and more expensive Score Supplemental rookie from a less mass produced set? I'd vote for the more popular and more expensive card every time!

Greg, in this instance I disagree with you. The argument isn't quite valid. You are comparing an E. Smith RC from two different products, where one was a base card (Pro Set) and one was a XRC (Traded oe Supplemental RC). In this instance the most valueable card from his RC is his Score Supllemental. It is also the first RC card score issued of E. Smith.
    With Seau, even though the Supplemental RC is more expensive, he still had a RC issued in the Regular set. The regular set RC is his true RC since it was issued prior to the traded set. That would be the card that I would vote for in a RC set. Just my opinion. >>

Frank,

I think my comment was misinterpreted. If we're saying that the Score Supplemental Seau shouldn't be used because Seau has a regular issue Score card (which I'm assuming is his most valuable outside of the Score Supp card) then a regular issue Emmitt Smith should be used instead of his Score Supp card....right?

Greg M. >>

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's

<< <i>

So maybe there could be more than one RC allowed in the sets??!!

Jay
    >>

That set already exists..Its called the NFL HOF Rookie Player/Coach/Admin set. You can use any card you want for each player and everyone is weighted "1". Again, if we are going to change one card to allow multiple choices, might as well apply that to all the cards. It's the picking and choosing selected cards to change based on personal beliefs that to me is the wrong answer in all this. One person's definition of a rookie is not the same as the next guy obviously. Based on PSA and Beckett's general definitions, the Score Supp Seau is considered a rookie as well. For those who choose not to collect it because of whatever reason or belief you have, hey more power to you. You can pick up his regular Score PSA 10 for $5 and own your opinion of his "true" rookie. Just don't force the rest of us to believe the same. The Registry is built to appease the masses, not one or 2 guys.

If we want to push to change the Seau, then lets push to change ALL the questionable cards on all the sets. There is no answer you will get here on the message boards that everyone will agree on. If we all can't get past that, then lets e-mail PSA and revamp the entire HOF/Key Card Registry system.

Jason
  • DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Making an and/or option would solve all these discussions/gripes. I would love to have options such as..

Shotwell Red Grange OR Sport Kings
    50 felt back Stautner OR 51 Bowman
    59 Topps Jim Taylor OR 61 Fleer
    80/81?? Jugo Warren Moon OR 85 Topps
    84 USFL Young/White OR Topps RC
    90 Score Seau OR Supplimental
    98 SP Manning OR Die-Cut
    01 Tomlinson Chrome OR black chrome

I know you would have to draw the line somewhere, but it would let everyone collect what they want. Like we mentioned earlier about the Manning, weigh the die-cut the same as the regular issue even though it is 4 times more scarce.

Of course this is just my opinion, but I know PSA won't do anything about it..........

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!

<< <i>Making an and/or option would solve all these discussions/gripes. I would love to have options such as..

80/81?? Yugo Warren Moon OR 85 Topps
    98 SP Manning OR Die-Cut

I know you would have to draw the line somewhere, but it would let everyone collect what they want. Like we mentioned earlier about the Manning, weigh the die-cut the same as the regular issue even though it is 4 times more scarce.

Of course this is just my opinion, but I know PSA won't do anything about it..........

Dave >>

Dave, see message above, that set already exists...You would have to weight everything "1" and allow any rookie for any player. Personally, I like the more focused sets, and if PSA ever went away from that I would no longer participate in the Registry and I am certain many others would feel the same. We invented the NFL HOF Rookie Players set, SPECIFICALLY so we could collect the ONE specific "best" rookie of each player.

Why can't we just collect the top 1 card of each guy? I don't understand. Why do we need all of these multiple choices creating mass confusion on the Registry? Its cool if you want to collect multiples, but why force everyone else on the Registry who wants the ONE specific card to do the same?

Jason

<< <i>Dave, see message above, that set already exists...You would have to weight everything "1" and allow any rookie for any player. Personally, I like the more focused sets, and if PSA ever went away from that I would no longer participate in the Registry and I am certain many others would feel the same. We invented the NFL HOF Rookie Players set, SPECIFICALLY so we could collect the ONE specific "best" rookie of each player.
    Why can't we just collect the top 1 card of each guy? I don't understand. Why do we need all of these multiple choices creating mass confusion on the Registry? Its cool if you want to collect multiples, but why force everyone else on the Registry who wants the ONE specific card to do the same?

Jason >>

I'm not talking about including Admin/Coach and I wouldnt want every card to have a weight of 1. I'm talking about having an OR option for the players with other cards that could be considered Rookies. Your right, not everyone is going to agree, but with the OR option, each of us could collect what we want.

This wouldnt be forcing everyone to collect certain cards, this would do just the opposite. Right now, I am forced to use a non-die cut Manning. If I had an option to use the die-cut everyone would be happy. (Except the person that narked on me to PSA)...

DAve

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • By the way i agree please use the $ card why buy a micky d burger when you can have a outback steak image

On a card note picked up a 48 leaf Big Boy at a good price last night could have had it even cheaper if not for that darn JASP guy always looking for a deal image

<< <i>By the way i agree please use the $ card why buy a micky d burger when you can have a outback steak image

On a card note picked up a 48 leaf Big Boy at a good price last night could have had it even cheaper if not for that darn JASP guy always looking for a deal image >>

Art,

$202 is absolute thievery...lol

Congrats!
    Jason
    Jason,

If you look at the 3000 hit club set you will see that the set is weighted over all. Not all of the cards are 1's. Just that the Ripkens are both given ones. I was just trying to give examples. It wasnt that I wanted this to happen.

I will keep my thoughts to myself from now on.

Sorry to pudge in.

Jay

<< <i>

<< <i>Making an and/or option would solve all these discussions/gripes. I would love to have options such as..

80/81?? Yugo Warren Moon OR 85 Topps
    98 SP Manning OR Die-Cut

Dave >>

Dave, see message above, that set already exists...You would have to weight everything "1" and allow any rookie for any player. Personally, I like the more focused sets, and if PSA ever went away from that I would no longer participate in the Registry and I am certain many others would feel the same. We invented the NFL HOF Rookie Players set, SPECIFICALLY so we could collect the ONE specific "best" rookie of each player.

Jason >>

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's

<< <i>

I'm not talking about including Admin/Exec and I wouldnt want every card to have a weight of 1. I'm talking about having an OR option for the players with other cards that could be considered Rookies. Your right, not everyone is going to agree, but with the OR option, each of us could collect what we want.

This wouldnt be forcing everyone to collect certain cards, this would do just the opposite. Right now, I am forced to use a non-die cut Manning. If I had an option to use the die-cut everyone would be happy. (Except the person that narked on me to PSA)...

DAve >>

Dave, this would mean multiple options for just about every single card on the HOF or Key Card registry. Not only that, but the weighting differences in some of the cards would be very large swings, and if you think we are having issues now, wait until one guy buys a PSA 7 1948 Leaf Luckman for $20K and another buys a PSA 7 1948 Bowman Luckman for 1K and see if there are disagreements then...It would be 10Xs worse than the few we have right now.

Jason

<< <i>Jason,

If you look at the 3000 hit club set you will see that the set is weighted over all. Not all of the cards are 1's. Just that the Ripkens are both given ones. I was just trying to give examples. It wasnt that I wanted this to happen.

I will keep my thoughts to myself from now on.

Sorry to pudge in.

Jay
    >>

Jay, I wasn't aiming my comments directly at you, but rather just overall on the subject. Your input is most definitely welcomed, you have just as much say in this as I do. I understood your example, my point was that if that were to happen on the football set(s), I would want to see it happen across the board or not at all. Picking and choosing one or two cards (to me) is a selfish way of doing things. Do we appease one or two guys, but not all the others who disagree with other various cards on these sets? IMO, it should be all or nothing. Change one? Might as well change them all..And then you have redesigned what all of these card specific sets were meant to be.

Jason

<< <i>Dave, this would mean multiple options for just about every single card on the HOF or Key Card registry. Not only that, but the weighting differences in some of the cards would be very large swings, and if you think we are having issues now, wait until one guy buys a PSA 7 1948 Leaf Luckman for $20K and another buys a PSA 7 1948 Bowman Luckman for 1K and see if there are disagreements then...It would be 10Xs worse than the few we have right now. >>

I see your point, but with the cards I listed I added a more expensive option than what is currenlty being used. (except the Seau. It would be weighted the same anyway) I think we can all agree that the Luckman card is not up for debate so that example doesnt work for me.
    This means that if we had the OR option, some of us could add the more expensive card but still be weighed the same as the current card. We would be spending more money without changing the weighting.

I don't know, honestly, I'm getting fed up with the whole thing as well. I have really slowed down with this set anyway since I am at 90% and also question whether I want to go on. I definalty will not be selling but may just back off for a while. Funds are tight as well..........

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
    Dave, the 1948 Bowman/Leaf issue is yet another area where some disagree. Not sure if you are aware, but the 1948 Leaf were produced late in the season, months after the 1948 Bowman release. This is why the 48 and 49 Leaf have the same photos. There are more than a few collectors who desire the 1948 Bowman for this reason. Some believe that the first card issues (based on timeframe) is the "true" rookie.

I know the ones you listed were higher value. Do you think a year from, new collectors who own the higher value card wouldn't come along and want to change the weighting since they owned the more valuable card? I can guarantee it.

I feel ya though. Hasn't been much on for me lately either..I too grew tired of this debate 6 months ago. I held off for days even getting involved this time because i wasn't sure I could stomach another debate (same debate, different card..lol)...

I'm at the end game on it. Which is why my solution is to either get over these differences or have PSA poll every friggin card and then set in stone that no future changes would be made. For every post here in the message boards on possible changes I get 2 PMs and an e-mail asking the who, what, and why's of certain cards being in certain sets.

Jason
    I don't recall the leaf/bowman debate............

Let's change the subject here for a while. Some of us were talking about a get together for next years national. I have been to the last 5 national's (except Atlantic City) and have never met a HOF RC collector. In fact, I believe the only true football guys I've met were Jeremy and Wolfbear (paul). So I would like to see everyone from this set. In the meantime, tell us a little about yourself...

Dave Back
    Married? Yes
    Kids? 8.5 year old boy and 4 month old boy
    NFL Team: Colts
    Favorite Player: Manning
    Other sets working on besides football------Basketball HOF RC set, 1961 Fleer Basketball, 1969 Topps Basketball

Any other info you want to share....

Here a what I've been spending the last 4 months (time/money) on.......

And me with the rest of the family.......Can you see the similarities with my hair and the babies???

Dave image

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I haven't posted in a while. So here goes:
    Name: Josh Thompson
    Married? Yes
    Kids? Just 1; 4 1/2 month old Hannah (See below)
    NFL Team: Vikings...yes, it's painful
    Favorite Player: Always been a Moss fan of course, AP is looking good. Only player I ever really got star-struck over was Ripken Jr though.
    Collecting: HOF'ers - Got rid of my future HOF'ers

Here is my baby girl cheering on her favorite team!

• Jason, I don't like the idea of voting or re-voting on every card either. I just wanted to point out that in Seau's case, even though there is a Supplemental RC card, most colletors would consider is true RC the card from the regular set from the same year.

I believe Beckett's and PSA's ruling on RC's (whether it be traded RC or base RC's) is all encompassing so as to address/satisfy everyone.

I do feel once a card has been voted on by the current set collectors, it should not be re-voted on 6 months or a year down the road. Once a card and player are in, he should stay in.

As for my stats:

Frank Massaro
    Married? Yes, and loving it (at least that's what my wife says)
    Kids? 17 year old boy, 13 year old daughter
    NFL Team: Giants (NFC), Raiders (AFC)
    Favorite Player: Mark Bavaro
    Working on all SP and SP Authentic Football sets, NFL HOF Auto set, ALL-Time QB, RB, WR and Defense sets, Philly Football sets and assorted Leaf, Bowman and Topps Football sets.
    In baseball, working on Topps sets in PSA 8 from 1971-1978 (the years I collected as a kid)
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    I don't post here very often, but I am slowly picking away at this set. I am only at 17% right now, but hopefully soon I can put some more time and effort into it.

Here are my stats:

Name: Reese
    Married? Nope, girlfriend
    Kids? No
    NFL Team: Colts
    Favorite Players: Peyton Manning, Marshall Faulk, Torry Holt

I am currently working on the HOF Football Autograph set which takes most of my funds.
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
    Welcome Reese!!! Glad to have another hoosier/colts fan on board..

DAve

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
    Thanks Dave!

How about those Colts last night!!!!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Brian Dickerson

Married? Yes
    Kids? 6 year old boy; 3 year old girl
    NFL Team: Titans

Favorite Player:

I'm running my first marathon in 3 weeks and 5 days ---> The Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon
    Hi Brian,

Good luck running in your first marathon. I've ran the Chicago Marathon twice and it is a great feeling to cross that finish line. Good luck!!!!!

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    I ran the Honolulu Marathon twice..As much as you'd think it would be painful it is actually fun. My best time was 4:20:00.

Jason
    The only marathon I've been to is the one to fill up my gas tank...image

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Doc1962Doc1962 Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Hey Gentelmen,

I haven't posted in a while but really like the idea of trying to meet at the National. I've been to 4 or 5 over the years and it's a blast. Here is a bit of info on me:

Dan Dockry
    Location: Los Angeles(or it's most recent name, Fire Central!)
    Married: In 4 more days, Yes!
    Kids: None
    Favorite Team: Packers(Born in GB)
    Favorite Player: Who else, Brett Favre Bean
    Sets: Rookie HOF and 1961 Lake to Lake Packers

Who would have thought the Pack 5-1 WOW
    Where's the national next year??? Is it back in Chicago
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Hi Guys I don't post much. But I always enjoy reading all the posts.
    And if you want to see if I'm still around , just start a HOF all snub list and I'm sure to chime in with Why Ray Guy should be in the HOF !!

Dan Bigham
    Location Fairfield , PA 15 minutes from Gettysburg
    Married : 6 years
    Kids : Son 3 1/2
    NFL Team : RAIDERS - I'm actually happy , after last years debacle.
    Favorite Player : Marcus Allen , Howie Long
    Collection : HOF Rookie Set - I'm just trying to finish the 50's & 60's . I would also like to complete all time Defense set - hoping to post my set sometime in the next month or two.

<< <i>Where's the national next year??? Is it back in Chicago >>

Yes

References:
    As for my stats:

Greg Montieth
    Married? Yes - 5 LONG years (j/k)
    Kids? 3 year old daughter (adopted from China in Feb of 06)
    NFL Team: Dolphins (very, very painful this year)
    Favorite Player: Dan Marino football and Bill Buckner baseball (basically, the only baseball cards that I collect)
    NFL HOF Auto set, NFL HOF RC, Heisman Auto, ALL-Time QB, RB, WR and Defense sets, Team of the Decade sets, Philly Football sets and assorted Leaf, Bowman and Topps Football sets, 1997 Legends auto, 1977 Touchdown auto (the easier question to ask is what sets DON'T I collect).
    For player sets, I collect Dan Marino (go figure), Bill Buckner (my favorite all time Cub) plus a few other players...mainly HOF QB's.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Alright here are my stats
    Name: Vincent Steele IV
    Married? Yes
    Kids? 2, son Vincent V 4yrs, Daughter Isabella 10mo.
    NFL Team: Da Bears
    Favorite Player: Brian Urlacher
    Collecting: NFL HOF rc's, Bears and Brian Urlacher
    Collector of NFL HOF RC's & Brian Urlacher
  • ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Since I'm at #65 in the HOF set (hey, give me a break I haven't even started the set officially! image ), I'll give my stats too...

Name: Arnold Varona
    Married? Yes
    Kids? 2 daughters
    NFL Team: Dolphins & Raiders
    Favorite Player: Football - Dan Marino, Baseball - Too Many To List, Basketball - Magic Johnson
    Collecting: 1984 Donruss Baseball, NFL Defensive/Offensive ROY (Set to come), Cuban All Star Baseball Players, Drysdale/Koufax Cards & Much More! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards

<< <i>Married: In 4 more days, Yes! >>

Congrats on that!!!!

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭
    well, i'm not in the HOF set, but i'm slowly working on a psa 8 85 topps football set.

Name: David Ferguson
    Married? Yes - 19 years (wow, half of my life..and loving it more everyday)
    Kids - 2 boys (11, 13) and one daugher (17...high school sr this year)
    NFL Team: Titans/Colts
    Favorite Players: Football - Fouts, Payton, Marino, Favre, Elway, Tarkenton, and Staubach
    Collecting: 1985 Topps Football

i basically like helping others out with there sets.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • i basically like helping others out with there sets.

Well start helping me finish my 85 set!!!image
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
    frank,
    actually i sent in a sub with a handful of 85s from a nice rack box. fingers crossed. i'll take a look at your set and see if i sent in any that you may can use. will let you know.

edited to say: psa received my order today.. image

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Some of my vital stats:

Jeff Gabbert

Occupation#1 : Steel Sales (this job pays for the cards)
    Occupation#2 : Head Volleyball coach Vianney high school (boys)
    Married: Engaged
    Kids: 1, 9 year old boy (aaron)
    Favorite Team: St Louis Rams
    Favorite Player: Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Brett Favre
    Sets: HOF rookie cards,Torry Holt rookies,Marshall Faulk Rookies

here are some pics of me and the family

Me with my fiance Shannon on my surprise 40th birthday party

My son Aaron in "jedi mode"

Me coaching Vianney in the State championship game 2006, #4 jeff schmidtz not liking what the old coach is saying!!
    He now is Starting setter for Ball State University

About 20 min later Vianney wins its 14th State title (upsetting #1 St Louis University High)

The select team I coach... St Louis High Performance Volleyball Club Won the 2007
    National Championship 18 under open division (1st team outside of California to win it all!!)
    Get a gage on how big these guys are (I am 6' 4" tall!! all the way on the right)

Me celebrating with the parents and coaches at the after party by chugging out
    of the championship cup!!

I think it would be a great idea for all the HOF RC guys to get together at the national,
    what are the dates ? anyone have any ideas?

Gabbs
  • If you chugged that whole thing - Your the Man. Congrats on the championship , very cool.

<< <i>He now is Starting setter for Ball State University >>

Very cool!! I am a Ball State Grad and live about 30 minutes away from Muncie....

BTW...Love the last pic!!

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Hello all,

I am tied at #65, but I have not been really working on the set, and I have 4-5 cards not listed yet.

Some of my vital stats:

Mark Bostick

Occupation#1 : Internet Sales (meteorites and a little of everything_
    Married: Never
    Kids: None
    Favorite Team: Chiefs, Royals
    Favorite Player: Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen
    Sets: Above registries, 1974 & 1982 Kellogg's, 1980-1985 Topps baseball, 1979-1989 Topps football, 1987 Donruss, lately the HOF and all-time sets, and then I tend to pick up various PSA Topps cards and PSA 10's of modern HOF'ers that I like or think are good deals. I am "Mark's Cards" on the registry.

On another recent topic, I have no problem with traded or like cards, being considered the RC, such as the Junior Seau, or the Cal Ripken i the baseball end. I see them as part of the set, just another series of it.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
    geez...what is up with these page turns not working?????

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Coudn't get the whole thing down. But between the guy next to me and
    1 other guy we got it down in about 2-3 min!!

Either way it was a long, fun night!image

Why do people post but you can't see them
    when it gets near the bottom of the page??

Gabbs
  • Here's my latest upgrade to my HOF RC set.

got it on ebay for 3 or 4 bucks.

Not too bad, until I can find an 8.

Gabbs

forgot to mention, I've got a PSA 6 if anyone wants it for their set.
  • Trying to stay in the top 10 on this set!

Here's my stats:
    Name: Bill Northup
    Occupation: Chemical Engineer (Soy lecithin), Starter for the Internation Hot Rod Assoc.
    Married? nope
    Kids - haven't given up yet
    NFL Team: Browns, OSU
    Favorite Players: Favre, Brady, Old Browns
    Collecting: Players sets, Footbal sets 1970-1985, HOF sets, Going to work on the 60's sets at some point
    Steelers 75th Anniversary Team announced...Maybe some additions are due the All-Time Steelers set?

OFFENSE

Terry Bradshaw - Quarterback (1970-83)
    Jerome Bettis - Running Back (1996-05)
    Rocky Bleier - Running Back (1968, 1970-80)
    Franco Harris - Running Back (1972-83)
    Bennie Cunningham - Tight End (1976-85)
    Elbie Nickel - Tight End (1947-57)
    John Stallworth - Wide Receiver (1974-87)
    Lynn Swann - Wide Receiver (1974-82)
    Hines Ward - Wide Receiver (1998-Present)
    Larry Brown – Offensive Tackle (1971-84)
    Dermontti Dawson – Center (1988-00)
    Alan Faneca – Guard (1998-Present)
    Tunch Ilkin – Offensive Tackle (1980-92)
    Jon Kolb – Offensive Tackle (1969-81)
    Mike Webster – Center (1974-88)

DEFENSE
    Joe Greene – Defensive Tackle (1969-81)
    L.C. Greenwood – Defensive End (1969-81)
    Casey Hampton – Nose Tackle (2001-Present)
    Ernie Stautner – Defensive Tackle (1950-63)
    Dwight White – Defensive End (1971-80)
    Jack Ham – Outside Linebacker (1971-82)
    Jack Lambert – Middle Linebacker (1974-84)
    Greg Lloyd – Outside Linebacker (1988-97)
    Joey Porter – Outside Linebacker (1999-2006)
    Andy Russell – Outside Linebacker (1963, 1966-76)
    Mel Blount – Cornerback (1970-83)
    Jack Butler – Defensive Back (1951-59)
    Carnell Lake – Safety (1989-98)
    Troy Polamalu – Safety (2003-Present)
    Donnie Shell – Safety (1974-87)
    Rod Woodson – Cornerback (1987-96)

SPECIALISTS
    Gary Anderson – Kicker (1982-94)
    Bobby Walden – Punter (1968-77)

<< <i>Favorite Players: Favre, Brady, Old Browns >>

Hope you mean Tom Brady and not Brady Quinn......image

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • The one dating models, not the one from Notre dame, do they play football there?
    maybe just make an Steelers 75th anniversary team instead. why mess with an already decent set.

<< <i>Steelers 75th Anniversary Team announced...Maybe some additions are due the All-Time Steelers set?

OFFENSE

Terry Bradshaw - Quarterback (1970-83)
    Jerome Bettis - Running Back (1996-05)
    Rocky Bleier - Running Back (1968, 1970-80)
    Franco Harris - Running Back (1972-83)
    Bennie Cunningham - Tight End (1976-85)
    Elbie Nickel - Tight End (1947-57)
    John Stallworth - Wide Receiver (1974-87)
    Lynn Swann - Wide Receiver (1974-82)
    Hines Ward - Wide Receiver (1998-Present)
    Larry Brown – Offensive Tackle (1971-84)
    Dermontti Dawson – Center (1988-00)
    Alan Faneca – Guard (1998-Present)
    Tunch Ilkin – Offensive Tackle (1980-92)
    Jon Kolb – Offensive Tackle (1969-81)
    Mike Webster – Center (1974-88)

DEFENSE
    Joe Greene – Defensive Tackle (1969-81)
    L.C. Greenwood – Defensive End (1969-81)
    Casey Hampton – Nose Tackle (2001-Present)
    Ernie Stautner – Defensive Tackle (1950-63)
    Dwight White – Defensive End (1971-80)
    Jack Ham – Outside Linebacker (1971-82)
    Jack Lambert – Middle Linebacker (1974-84)
    Greg Lloyd – Outside Linebacker (1988-97)
    Joey Porter – Outside Linebacker (1999-2006)
    Andy Russell – Outside Linebacker (1963, 1966-76)
    Mel Blount – Cornerback (1970-83)
    Jack Butler – Defensive Back (1951-59)
    Carnell Lake – Safety (1989-98)
    Troy Polamalu – Safety (2003-Present)
    Donnie Shell – Safety (1974-87)
    Rod Woodson – Cornerback (1987-96)

SPECIALISTS
    Gary Anderson – Kicker (1982-94)
    Bobby Walden – Punter (1968-77) >>

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set