Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Official Football HOF Rookies Thread**********************************************

Comments

• Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Update on the 2008 Senior Candidate selections.

The Senior Committee is meeting next week to select the 2 finalists. They have narrowed the senior list to 17. I havent got my hands on the entire list just yet, but have confirmation that these 4 guys are on it.

Bob Hayes
    Chuck Howley
    Tommy Nobis
    Johnny Robinson

Also have confirmation that one of my picks Cliff Harris is NOT one of this years 17 finalists...Based on that, Ill have to go with Tommy Nobis and either Claude Humphrey or LC Greenwood as my picks.

More to follow,
    Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    I emailed Azvike yesterday with no response. Anyone else have trouble getting ahold of him. I know its only been one day..

dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    lommerlommer Posts: 160 ✭✭
    He replied back to my email last night. I'm sure he's getting loads of emails right now, so he might take a bit.

Chad
  • Options

<< <i>I emailed Azvike yesterday with no response. Anyone else have trouble getting ahold of him. I know its only been one day..

dave >>

Yeah, he's a working guy so I'd give him 24 hours or so.

His set has been on the HOF RC registry since it started back in 2003, so my hope is we can keep as many of his cards as possible with fellow NFL HOF RC Registry participants. We are up to almost 70 on the set now, so there's got to be plenty of takers for his cards.

Greg, you better get the 63 Bounicinti 8!lol

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Yup. I had no trouble. Give it a day or two.
  • Options
    Hi gang - hope you are all doing well. Been a fun summer reading the board and thought Id hop in.

I have a number of dups Ill be selling off over the next few weeks. Here is the first batch.

I will take best offers on them and sell by tomorrow night. As you all know I have been paying top dollar to upgrade - so I will require top dollar in return.

I take paypal only and all prices include shipping. Email me your offers ASAP and Ill get back to you.

Some have prices for them and if you hit the price - I will sell it to you instantly -- others are best offer. All cards are rookies and are for HOF or other appropriate sets.

Baugh PSA 8 $13500
    Tony Dorsett PSA 9 - $300
    Tomlinson PSA 10 Rookie Refractor $1400
    Ron Yary PSA 9 - $350
    Dan Fouts - PSA 9 $400
    Darren Bennett - PSA 9 - $50
    Mel Hein PSA 8 - $250
    Jim Marshall PSA 7 - need a price
    Andy Russell PSA 8 - Need a price
    Gene Lipscomb PSA 8 - Need a price
    Harvey Martin - PSA 9 Need a price
    Cliff Harris - PSA 9 - Need a price
    Drew Pearson - PSA 9 - Need a price
    Lee Roy Jordan - PSA 8 Need a price
    Mike Haynes PSA 9 - Need a price
    John Riggins PSA 10 - $5500
    Nick Buoniconti PSA 8 - Need a price
    Dave Jones PSA 8 - Need a price
    Chuck Howley - PSA 8 - Need a price

Thanks for your consideration and again, best to you all.

Jon
  • Options
    Sorry to bug you all and take up space -

I forgot to say its me Jon Isaacson

email skinsin04@aol.com

The Howley is sold
  • Options
    Jon,

What is your email address?

Collecting Dallas Cowboys Rookies and Team Sets 1960-1989
  • Options
    OK very very last post - already got emails asking me for prices on the oters - so here they are on all of them...these are buy it now prices and will consider best offers.

Jon

Baugh PSA 8 $13500
    Tony Dorsett PSA 9 - $300
    Tomlinson PSA 10 Rookie Refractor $1400
    Ron Yary PSA 9 - $350
    Dan Fouts - PSA 9 $400
    Darren Bennett - PSA 9 - $60
    Mel Hein PSA 8 - $250
    Jim Marshall PSA 7 - $50
    Andy Russell PSA 8 - $150
    Gene Lipscomb PSA 8 - $80
    Harvey Martin - PSA 9 $125
    Cliff Harris - PSA 9 - $250
    Drew Pearson - PSA 9 - $110
    Lee Roy Jordan - PSA 8 $80
    Mike Haynes PSA 9 - $300
    John Riggins PSA 10 - $5500
    Nick Buoniconti PSA 8 - Need a price (BEST OFFER ON THIS ONE)
    Dave Jones PSA 8 - $225
    Chuck Howley - PSA 8 - SOLD
  • Options

<< <i>Jon,

What is your email address? >>

Skinsin04@aol.com

Not to be presumptuous - I am Jon Isaacson and am #1 on many sets in football...

To verify identity - you will see this email attached to my sets.

Regards to all.

Jon
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    All,

I see that Jeremy is selling a Tom Fears PSA 8 rc for $650 as a BIN on E-Bay. Don't they normally sell for $200 to $300? I offered him $250 dlvd but he said that he was expecting more in the $500 t0o $650 range. Have they been selling in that range recently? The last one I saw on E-Bay, I was the underbidder at $250 (and I'm still kicking myself for not bidding up to $300).

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    The last 3 Fears PSA 8 RCs sold between $305 and $416..Last year they were selling in the $250-$300 range.

Jason
  • Options
    At that rate we'll only have to wait about 1-2 years. image

But seriously - it is listed at $650 but it's one of very few items (maybe the only one) that we have "Best Offer" listed. Jason, do you know why other HOFer that year are selling for higher multiples of SMR than Fears. The Canadeo comes to mind (4-6 times SMR). Sure you can point at pop, where there are more Fears (54 vs 27), but my guess would be timing. Anyhow, we would seriously consider anything near 2x SMR.

BTW - thanks for your email Greg, you know it always nice to hear from you even it can't be worked out.
    Jeremy
  • Options
    Canadeo is 4 to 6 x SMR because of low pop in PSA 8 (as you pointed out) plus he's a Packer (and you know how many Packer collectors there are out there). I'm experiencing that in my 1959 Topps fb set. Out of the 40 or so cards I need to complete in PSA 8+, I still need 5 or 6 Packers.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Has anyone about anything from flipandship11 on E-Bay. He has a ton of raw FB rookies but charges $7.60 to ship....which is crazy. There are several cards I'm interested in but can't get over paying so much for shipping.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Jason, one thing I think I've noticed about your price history is that it leaves out retail sales, such as store sales and BINs (also very public sales). Mostly what your quoting people is auction, or wholesale pricing. Let me know if I am wrong.
    Jeremy
  • Options
    Jason,

Does VCP accept private sales for their database? (example, the Cliff Harris PSA10)

Danny
    Collecting Dallas Cowboys Rookies and Team Sets 1960-1989
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does VCP accept private sales for their database? (example, the Cliff Harris PSA10) >>

VCP does not track private sales or BIN's on eBay. Private sales would be tough, because they'd have to be reported to VCP, plus it'd have to be based on the honor system. Tough to prove if reported sales would be legit or not, so I don't think we'll see private sales up there. I think I read here that they are working on tracking BIN's, which would be great.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options

<< <i>Jason, one thing I think I've noticed about your price history is that it leaves out retail sales, such as store sales and BINs (also very public sales). Mostly what your quoting people is auction, or wholesale pricing. Let me know if I am wrong. >>

When I used to track manually, I would include BINs, but never retail sales. Now that I use VCP and don't track manually anymore, you don't get the BINs. I don't necessarily see these as "wholesale" prices, but rather "market" value. When someone wins an auction, they win it for just above what the 2nd high bidder would pay. You never know, a guy might win an auction for $300, but had a $600 snipe, therefore he was willing to pay that. Cards are worth what someone else will pay, period. This is why the ebay stores exist. You can sit a card in there for 6 months if you want, eventually someone might come along and pay the store price. In most cases, they will be looking for fair market value and don't want to buy a card for $500 that they will see sell at auction the next week for $200.

I know I don't feel like I am paying wholesale prices when I win an item, in fact, its usually the BINs and store sales that I get bargains on...The 1950 Fears PSA 8 in particular shows up around 6-8 times a year via auction, and 90% of the HOF RCs will show up at some point during the year.

I think the biggest mistake in trying to gauge prices is using SMR as a reference. 2X, 4X, whatever..Its not a valid point of reference IMO.

Danny, no, VCP only tracks auction values.

Jason

• Options
    I see the logic in what you are saying. But I'll have to somewhat disagree about market price. Anytime you ignore retail sales (BINs, store items, private sales) you aren't looking across the entire market. In order to get a true "market" price you need to include the entire body of sales, or at least to the extent they can be found. Otherwise all we are really talking about is the auction market. ***** Of course that's all that matters to most everyone that frequents these boards as are modest group is full of hardcore eBayer.

On SMR, we all have our wide and diverse opinions. And I will be the first to agree that taking SMR at face value is not realistic. But using it as a dominator seems to work well enough in certain situations (mainly when all factors are equal, such as population).

Which brings me to Beckett. Has anyone seen the new Beckett Graded Card Investor magazine?
    They were handing them out at the National - wow the pricing is right on a takes into account most all auction houses.
    You must check it out if you haven't already.

Beckett Graded Card Investor & Price Guide

Now, you can price all your graded cards with one awesome price guide.
    160 pages of multi-sport graded card coverage
    The most extensive vintage card pricing available
    One-stop resource for graded card collectors of all levels

Jeremy
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246

<< <i>Tony Dorsett PSA 9 - $300
    Mike Haynes PSA 9 - $300 >>

Are these the going rates on these cards?

Just wondering as I'm in the market for 8s and possibly 9s of these two at the right price(s).

Edited: I noticed a recent sale on eBay for the Dorsett went for $220, but not sure if that was just a lucky great deal or if that's the going rate on that one.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    I have to say that the Beckett Graded guide is by far more accurate and should hopefully force PSA to actually actively update the SMR.
  • Options

<< <i>

Which brings me to Beckett. Has anyone seen the new Beckett Graded Card Investor magazine?
    They were handing them out at the National - wow the pricing is right on a takes into account most all auction houses.
    You must check it out if you haven't already.

Beckett Graded Card Investor & Price Guide

Now, you can price all your graded cards with one awesome price guide.
    160 pages of multi-sport graded card coverage
    The most extensive vintage card pricing available
    One-stop resource for graded card collectors of all levels >>

Jeremy,

I heard about it coming out and I've been waiting to hear some evaluations before making a purchase. Sounds like its a must see though. I agree, the auction market is but a small piece. As I said, these cards are worth whatever someone out there is willing to pay. And although ebay is a monster, there are other avenues that all of us use. Its basically impossible to track retail sales because they are private sales..I for one never make private sales public (although I don't have a problem with those that do), just something I elect not to do, and I know most big dealers are the same way...Ebay ended auctions, to me anyway, are the most valid indicator of market value, because they are open and available to the world for bidding and the buyer sets the price, not the seller. But they aren't perfect either. Simply tracking the ending prices doesnt factor in: who sold it, feedback of the seller, where and when the auction was listed, eye appeal of the card, etc...

It would be a task of epic proportions to try and annotate all the variable to sales on ebay. That's why, as you know, I have a set price point on each card of what I personally am comfortable paying. I don't care if the last one on ebay sold for $100 or $1,000, if my max price is $500 for a high end version, that's what I will pay. I use past sales, past auctions, populations to factor in my price ranges. I also don't typically share these with anyone, because I don't want to come off as trying to set the market and also don't want someone bidding me up... All I do, when asked, is report prior TRACKED ebay sales and let whoever is asking decide what's fair for them.

I will say, if Jeremy is calling his PSA 8 1950 Tom Fears a $650 card, I have to believe it is VERY high quality and high end for the grade. Anyone who's done business with Jeremy will attest to his standards.

Best of luck with whatever you and Greg decide to do with the card,
    Jason
  • Options
    Earl Campbell PSA 10 Rookie

WOW! 2K....nice total for the card. I'm not sure if someone commented on this one before, but I just noticed it.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Yes thanks Jason,

Your price points for purchase, a very admirable way to set personal boundries.
    I certainly recommend picking up a copy of the Graded Card Investor Beckett magazine. They seems to be really trying hard to price correctly. Also, very fair of them to recognize that it's an industry bigger than just BGS. They have ads in the magazine from all four grading companies, and a sizable interview with . . . Joe Orlando - in a Beckett magazine.

I think PSA, BGS, GAI and SGC just annointed themselves. A very noteworthy show of mutual respect between the heavy hitters.

Nice Campbell PSA 10! Sitting a little weird in the holder (I wouldn't have let an auction run with such a bad scan), but based on the right edge, looks very nice! Congrats to the winner!
    Jeremy
  • Options
    What is the cover price on the Beckett graded investor magazine?

Someone's selling them for $8.99 + $3 shipping on eBay.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    I think a subscription is $24 for 4 quarterly issues. So $12 for one sounds a little high, but probably worth it to keep one copy around.
    Jeremy
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Tony Dorsett PSA 9 - $300
    Mike Haynes PSA 9 - $300 >>

Are these the going rates on these cards?

Just wondering as I'm in the market for 8s and possibly 9s of these two at the right price(s).

Edited: I noticed a recent sale on eBay for the Dorsett went for $220, but not sure if that was just a lucky great deal or if that's the going rate on that one. >>

Dorsett 9 is usually $220-$280 depending on the quality. Haynes 9 is $150-180.
  • Options

<< <i>Dorsett 9 is usually $220-$280 depending on the quality. Haynes 9 is $150-180. >>

Thank you for the info!

I should probably budget about $400 for these in this grade then. Very good.

Envoy (or anyone else for that matter), do you have the going rates on these cards....

1967 Lem Barney Detroit Lions Cornerback (1970 Topps #75) PSA 8 or higher
    1969 Joe Greene Pittsburgh Steelers Defensive tackle (1971 Topps #245) PSA 8 or higher
    1974 Jack Lambert Pittsburgh Steelers Linebacker (1976 Topps #220) PSA 8 or higher
    1981 Lawrence Taylor New York Giants Linebacker (1982 Topps #434) PSA 9

.....I'm starting on the Rookie of the Year sets with the defensive side of the ball and these are the four HOFs (will Derrick Thomas be voted in?) that are in that set.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

NFL Defensive/Offensive Rookie of the Year Thread
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    1967 Lem Barney Detroit Lions Cornerback (1970 Topps #75) PSA 8 or higher $30
    1969 Joe Greene Pittsburgh Steelers Defensive tackle (1971 Topps #245) PSA 8 or higher $150-200
    1974 Jack Lambert Pittsburgh Steelers Linebacker (1976 Topps #220) PSA 8 or higher $30
    1981 Lawrence Taylor New York Giants Linebacker (1982 Topps #434) PSA 9 $55
  • Options

<< <i>1967 Lem Barney Detroit Lions Cornerback (1970 Topps #75) PSA 8 or higher $30
    1969 Joe Greene Pittsburgh Steelers Defensive tackle (1971 Topps #245) PSA 8 or higher $150-200
    1974 Jack Lambert Pittsburgh Steelers Linebacker (1976 Topps #220) PSA 8 or higher $30
    1981 Lawrence Taylor New York Giants Linebacker (1982 Topps #434) PSA 9 $55 >>

Thanks!

Anyone have these for sale?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    ArnyVee,

I have a PSA 9 Dorsett that I will sell for $260 if you want it.

email me at ssgunnip@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Doc1962Doc1962 Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Hey Gentlemen,
    This is only my second post but I'd like to thank you for allowing me to crash the party! I need your help and have a quick question for you guys. I've got several cards that are still attached to registered sets and therefore I can't get them added to my HOF set. What's the quickest way for me to get them assigned to me so that I can get the rest of my set posted? Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
    Doc
  • Options
    doc email psa with a scan of the cards with a background of something with a date on it ,a newspaper or a smr works for me
  • Options
    Arny,

I have a 1976 Lambert PSA 8 available for $ 35 delivered
    to any board member that might want it.

Scan available, nice corners, a little off L-R

Regards,

Gabbs
  • Options
    Thanks Skinsfan, I'll give that a try.
    Doc
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Doc search for my packer thread on the community board!!!

Also I have had to only scan front and backs for them. Didnt need any dated info on the scan.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    I have poppage. They are all football. Some HOF Rc's. Some future HOF Rc's. HOF Autos and future HOF Autos. 68 Topps Packers, Packer HOF First Packer Card and a ton of Favres.

Overall not too bad. Must have missed a surface wrinkle on the Campbell. All of the HOF Rc's were from my own sets put together back in the day of vintage, except for the willie wood and shell. Most of the rest are off of Ebay, though many of the Favres were picked up at shows a long while ago or in wax.

1 04722460 1963 TOPPS 95 WILLIE WOOD N/A 7
    2 04722461 1968 TOPPS 27 CARROLL DALE N/A 7
    3 04722462 1968 TOPPS 1 BART STARR N/A 8
    4 04722463 1968 TOPPS 52 BOB JETER N/A 7
    5 04722464 1968 TOPPS 105 BOYD DOWLER N/A 8
    6 04722465 1968 TOPPS 131 HERB ADDERLEY N/A Not Holdered, Did not meet Minimum Size Requirements
    7 04722466 1973 TOPPS 77 ART SHELL N/A 5
    8 04722467 2006 U.D. LEGENDS 82 RON MIX LEGENDARY SIGNATURES 9
    9 04722468 2000 FINEST MOMENTS FM22 BRUCE MATTHEWS REFRACTOR-AUTOGRAPHS 9
    10 04722469 2004 U.D. LEGENDS LS-RO ROGER WEHRLI LEGENDARY SIGNATURES 10
    11 04722470 1999 TOPPS HOF2 BILLY SHAW HALL OF FAME AUTOGRAPHS 8
    12 04722471 2000 TOPPS HOF5 DAVE WILCOX HALL OF FAME AUTOGRAPHS 8
    13 04722472 2001 FINEST AUTOGRAPHS FAJS JIMMY SMITH N/A 10
    14 04722473 2000 FLEER GREATS 97CC JIMMY JOHNSON COACH'S CORNER 8
    15 04722474 1999 UD CENTURY LEGEND DR DAN REEVES EPIC SIGNATURES 8
    16 04722475 1998 C.E. 1ST PLACE DERRICK MAYES ROOKIE INK Not Holdered, Did not meet Minimum Size Requirements
    17 04722476 2000 FLEER SHOWCASE JOHN RANDLE AUTOGRAPHICS 8
    18 04722477 2000 FLEER SHOWCASE CHAMP BAILEY AUTOGRAPHICS 7
    19 04722478 2000 FLEER SHOWCASE MICHAEL STRAHAN AUTOGRAPHICS 7
    20 04722479 2005 TOPPS A-CC CRIS CARTER ALL AMERICAN AUTOGRAPH 8
    21 04722480 2004 FLEER AUTHENTIX 133 D.HENSON/B.PARCELLS CLUB BOX-AUTOGRAPH 8
    22 04722481 2004 FLEER SHOWCASE SSAAV ADAM VINATIERI SWEET SIGS-SILVER #'d 100 9
    23 04722482 2003 PLAYOFF CONTENDER 199 TONY DUNGY AUTOGRAPH 9
    24 04722483 2006 TOPPS PARADIGM TIB TIM BROWN CAREER HIGHS SIGNED JER. 9
    25 04722484 2006 TOPPS PARADIGM MF MARSHALL FAULK CAREER HIGHS SIGNED JER. 9
    26 04722485 2003 SP AUTHENTIC PM PEYTON MANNING SIGN OF THE TIMES-GOLD 9
    27 04722486 1967 PHILADELPHIA 80 DAVE ROBINSON N/A 6
    28 04722487 1972 TOPPS 13 JOHN RIGGINS N/A 6
    29 04722488 1975 TOPPS 367 DAN FOUTS N/A 7
    30 04722489 1977 TOPPS 177 STEVE LARGENT N/A 7
    31 04722490 1979 TOPPS 310 JAMES LOFTON N/A 8
    31 04722491 1979 TOPPS 310 JAMES LOFTON N/A 8
    32 04722492 1979 TOPPS 390 EARL CAMPBELL N/A 5
    33 04722493 1979 TOPPS 308 OZZIE NEWSOME N/A 8
    34 04722494 1980 TOPPS 513 PAUL COFFMAN N/A 8
    35 04722495 1980 TOPPS 195 LESTER HAYES N/A 8
    36 04722496 1981 TOPPS 316 DAN HAMPTON N/A 8
    37 04722497 1981 TOPPS 150 KELLEN WINSLOW N/A 8
    38 04722498 1981 TOPPS 194 ART MONK N/A 8
    39 04722499 1981 TOPPS 168 EZRA JOHNSON N/A 8
    40 04722500 1982 TOPPS 434 LAWRENCE TAYLOR ALL-PRO 9
    41 04722501 1982 TOPPS 51 ANTHONY MUNOZ ALL-PRO 9
    42 04722502 1982 TOPPS 486 RONNIE LOTT ALL-PRO 8
    43 04722503 1983 TOPPS 75 JOHN ANDERSON N/A 8
    44 04722504 1983 TOPPS 78 MIKE DOUGLASS N/A 8
    44 04722505 1983 TOPPS 78 MIKE DOUGLASS N/A 8
    45 04722506 1983 TOPPS 356 GARY ANDERSON N/A 8
    46 04722507 1983 TOPPS 294 MARCUS ALLEN N/A 7
    47 04722508 1983 TOPPS 38 MIKE SINGLETARY N/A 8ST
    48 04722509 1984 TOPPS 123 DAN MARINO N/A 8
    49 04722510 1984 TOPPS 129 DWIGHT STEPHENSON N/A 7
    50 04722511 1984 TOPPS 280 ERIC DICKERSON N/A 8
    51 04722512 1984 TOPPS 286 JACKIE SLATER N/A 6
    52 04722513 1985 TOPPS 24 RICHARD DENT ALL PRO 8
    53 04722514 1985 TOPPS 251 WARREN MOON N/A 7
    54 04722515 1985 TOPPS 253 MIKE MUNCHAK N/A 8
    55 04722516 1986 TOPPS 161 JERRY RICE N/A 8
    55 04722517 1986 TOPPS 161 JERRY RICE N/A 8
    56 04722518 1986 TOPPS 224 MARK MURPHY N/A 7
    57 04722519 1988 TOPPS 322 JOHNNY HOLLAND N/A 8
    58 04722520 1988 TOPPS 321 BRIAN NOBLE N/A 9
    59 04722521 1989 SCORE 78 ROD WOODSON N/A 8
    59 04722522 1989 SCORE 78 ROD WOODSON N/A 8
    60 04722523 1989 SCORE 72 CRIS CARTER N/A 8
    61 04722524 1989 SCORE 86 TIM BROWN N/A 8
    62 04722525 1989 SCORE 170 DON MAJKOWSKI N/A 8
    63 04722526 1989 SCORE 211 THURMAN THOMAS N/A 8
    64 04722527 1989 SCORE 246 DEION SANDERS N/A 9
    65 04722528 1989 SCORE 257 BARRY SANDERS N/A 8
    66 04722529 1989 SCORE 258 DERRICK THOMAS N/A 8
    67 04722530 1989 SCORE 263 STEVE AT WATER N/A 8
    68 04722531 1989 SCORE 270 TROY AIKMAN N/A 8
    69 04722532 1989 SCORE 333S STERLING SHARPE SUPPLEMENTAL 9
    70 04722533 1989 SCORE 408S DERMONTTI DAWSON SUPPLEMENTAL 8
    71 04722534 1989 PRO SET 235 RANDALL McDANIEL N/A 8
    72 04722535 1990 ACTION PACKED 10 LEROY BUTLER ROOKIE UPDATE 9
    73 04722536 1990 ACTION PACKED 46 SHANNON SHARPE ROOKIE UPDATE 8
    74 04722537 1990 SCORE 65T JUNIOR SEAU SUPPLEMENTAL 8
    75 04722538 1991 SCORE 94T AENEAS WILLIAMS SUPPLEMENTAL 9
    76 04722539 1992 COLLECTOR'S EDGE 228 JIMMY SMITH N/A 8
    77 04722540 1992 STADIUM CLUB 653 ROBERT BROOKS N/A 9
    78 04722541 1993 ULTRA 331 MICHAEL STRAHAN N/A 9
    79 04722542 1993 BOWMAN 421 WILLIE ROAF FOIL 8
    80 04722543 1993 SP 6 JEROME BETTIS FOIL 8
    81 04722544 1993 SP 75 JASON ELAM N/A 9
    82 04722545 1993 SP 123 WILL SHIELDS N/A 9
    83 04722546 1993 SP 99 REGGIE WHITE N/A 9
    84 04722547 1994 BOWMAN 68 ISAAC BRUCE N/A 10
    85 04722548 1994 PLAYOFF 300 LARRY ALLEN N/A 8
    86 04722549 1995 BOWMAN'S BEST 66 WILLIAM HENDERSON BLUE 9
    87 04722550 1995 SP 18 CURTIS MARTIN FOIL 9
    88 04722551 1995 SP 99 WARREN SAPP N/A 8
    89 04722552 1995 SP 103 DERRICK BROOKS N/A 9
    90 04722553 1993 SP 259 JOHN LYNCH N/A 10
    91 04722554 1995 SP 130 TERRELL DAVIS N/A 10
    92 04722555 1996 BOWMAN'S BEST 164 RAY LEWIS N/A 9
    93 04722556 1998 LEAF R & S 202 HINES WARD N/A 10
    94 04722557 1999 PACIFIC 343 K.WARNER/T.HORNE N/A 8
    95 04722558 1999 SP AUTHENTIC 111 CHAMP BAILEY N/A 8
    96 04722559 2002 TOPPS CHROME 264 DEION BRANCH N/A 9
    97 04722560 1976 TOPPS 41 JOHNNIE GRAY N/A 8
    98 04722561 1992 ACTION PACKED 36 EDGAR BENNETT ROOKIE UPDATE 10
    99 04722562 1996 PLAYOFF ABSOLUTE XL04 BRETT FAVRE METAL XL 8
    100 04722563 1996 PLAYOFF ABSOLUTE XL04 BRETT FAVRE METAL XL 8
    101 04722564 1993 PLAYOFF FAVRE 1 BRETT FAVRE N/A 7
    102 04722565 1993 PLAYOFF FAVRE 2 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    103 04722566 1993 PLAYOFF FAVRE 3 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    104 04722567 1993 PLAYOFF FAVRE 4 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    105 04722568 1993 PLAYOFF FAVRE 5 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    106 04722569 1991 CLASSIC 4 SPORT 129 BRETT FAVRE FRENCH 10
    107 04722570 1991 CLASSIC 4 SPORT 129 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    108 04722571 1991 WILD CARD 119 BRETT FAVRE COLL.DRAFT PK-10 STRIPE 7
    109 04722572 1992 WILD CARD SS-23 BRETT FAVRE STAT SMASHERS 9
    110 04722573 1992 UPPER DECK CR5 BRETT FAVRE COACH'S REPORT 9
    111 04722574 1992 PRO SET POWER 104 BRETT FAVRE N/A 10
    112 04722575 1992 PINNACLE 23 BRETT FAVRE TEAM 2000 10
    113 04722576 1992 TOPPS 696 BRETT FAVRE GOLD 10
    114 04722577 1993 ACTION PACKED RU2 BRETT FAVRE ROOKIES PREVIEWS 6
    115 04722578 1993 ACTION PACKED 5B BRETT FAVRE QUARTERBACK CLUB-BRAILLE 9
    116 04722579 1993 ACTION PACKED 38 BRETT FAVRE MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL 9
    117 04722580 1993 FLEER 1 BRETT FAVRE TEAM LEADERS 8
    118 04722581 1993 TOPPS BLACK GOLD 39 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    119 04722582 1993 ULTRA 146 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    120 04722583 1993 WILD CARD 136 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    121 04722584 1993 STADIUM CLUB BRETT FAVRE SUPER TEAMS-MEMBERS ONLY 10
    122 04722585 1993 STADIUM CLUB 498 BRETT FAVRE MEMBERS ONLY 9
    123 04722586 1993 STADIUM CLUB 498 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    124 04722587 1993 STADIUM CLUB 210 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    125 04722588 1993 STADIUM CLUB 210 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    126 04722589 1993 PINNACLE 1 BRETT FAVRE SAMPLE 8
    127 04722590 1993 PINNACLE 37 BRETT FAVRE MEN OF AUTUMN 8
    128 04722591 1993 PLAYOFF 168 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    129 04722592 1993 PLAYOFF 285 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    130 04722593 1993 PLAYOFF H-1 BRETT FAVRE HEADLINERS 10
    131 04722594 1993 PLAYOFF CONTENDER 1 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    132 04722595 1993 PRO SET POWER 4 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    133 04722596 1993 PRO SET 152 BRETT FAVRE N/A 10
    134 04722597 1993 PROLINE LIVE LP'S LP10 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    135 04722598 1993 PROLINE LIVE 88 BRETT FAVRE N/A 10
    136 04722599 1993 SKYBOX PREMIUM 122 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    137 04722600 1993 SKYBOX PREMIUM TL7 B.FAVRE/S.SHARPE THUNDER & LIGHTNING 9
    138 04722601 1993 SELECT 43 BRETT FAVRE N/A 10
    139 04722602 1993 SELECT 1 BRETT FAVRE YOUNG STARS 9
    140 04722603 1993 SKYBOX IMPACT 108 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    141 04722604 1993 SKYBOX IMPACT 108 BRETT FAVRE COLORS 8
    142 04722605 1993 SP 93 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    143 04722606 1993 U.D. PRO BOWL PB14 BRETT FAVRE N/A 10
    144 04722607 1993 SCORE 25 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    145 04722608 1993 SCORE ORE-IDA 9 BRETT FAVRE QB CLUB 8
    146 04722609 1993 PACIFIC 89 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    147 04722610 1993 PACIFIC 5 BRETT FAVRE GOLD PRISM INSERTS 9
    148 04722611 1993 PACIFIC 5 BRETT FAVRE SILVER PRISM INSERTS 9
    149 04722612 1993 PACIFIC 5 BRETT FAVRE CIRCULAR PRISM INSERTS 9
    150 04722613 1993 PACIFIC PRISMS 31 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    151 04722614 1993 UD FUTURE HEROES 44 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    152 04722615 1993 UPPER DECK 360 BRETT FAVRE N/A 10
    153 04722616 1993 UPPER DECK 82 BRETT FAVRE CHECKLIST 10
    154 04722617 1994 SPORTFLICS 183 BRETT FAVRE ARTIST'S PROOF 10
    155 04722618 1994 SPORTFLICS 183 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    156 04722619 1994 SPORTFLICS 27 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    157 04722620 1994 STADIUM CLUB 12 BRETT FAVRE BOWMAN'S BEST-BLACK REF. 10
    158 04722621 1994 STADIUM CLUB 12 BRETT FAVRE BOWMAN'S BEST-BLACK 10
    159 04722622 1994 STADIUM CLUB 12 BRETT FAVRE BOWMAN'S BEST-BLACK 10
    160 04722623 1994 STADIUM CLUB 536 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    161 04722624 1994 STADIUM CLUB 536 BRETT FAVRE 1ST DAY ISSUE 10
    162 04722625 1994 STADIUM CLUB 536 BRETT FAVRE MEMBERS ONLY 8
    163 04722626 1994 STADIUM CLUB 536 BRETT FAVRE SUPER BOWL XXIX 8
    164 04722627 1994 STADIUM CLUB 536 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    165 04722628 1994 STADIUM CLUB 604 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    166 04722629 1994 STADIUM CLUB 604 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    167 04722630 1994 STADIUM CLUB 604 BRETT FAVRE MEMBERS ONLY 8
    168 04722631 1994 STADIUM CLUB 10 BRETT FAVRE SUPER TEAMS-MEMBERS ONLY 9
    169 04722632 1994 SKYBOX PREMIUM ST-14 BRETT FAVRE SKYTECH STARS 9
    170 04722633 1994 SKYBOX PREMIUM 58 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    171 04722634 1994 SKYBOX IMPACT U-15 BRETT FAVRE ULTIMATE IMPACT 9
    172 04722635 1994 SKYBOX IMPACT 92 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    173 04722636 1994 SCORE 142 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    174 04722637 1994 SCORE 142 BRETT FAVRE GOLD ZONE 9
    175 04722638 1994 SELECT 142 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    176 04722639 1994 PRO LINE LIVE PB10 BRETT FAVRE SPOTLIGHT 8
    177 04722640 1994 PROLINE LIVE MVP9 BRETT FAVRE MVP SWEEPSTAKES 10
    178 04722641 1994 PROLINE LIVE 392 B.FAVRE/S.SHARPE N/A 8
    179 04722642 1994 PROLINE LIVE 47 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    180 04722643 1994 PLAYOFF CONTENDER 13 B.FAVRE/L.JOHNSON BACK TO BACK 8
    181 04722644 1994 UPPER DECK 250 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    182 04722645 1994 UPPER DECK 250 BRETT FAVRE ELECTRIC SILVER 8
    183 04722646 1994 UD PREDICTOR RP5 BRETT FAVRE LEAGUE LEADERS 8
    184 04722647 1994 FLEER PRO VISIONS 4 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    185 04722648 1994 TOPPS 1000/3000 22 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    186 04722649 1994 TOPPS 530 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    187 04722650 1994 TOPPS 530 BRETT FAVRE SPECIAL EFFECTS 9
    188 04722651 * SIZE TOO BIG NO GRADE-VOUCHER N/A Not Holdered, No Holder Available
    189 04722652 1994 TED WILLIAMS CO. IR5 BRETT FAVRE INSTANT REPLAYS 9
    190 04722653 1994 TED WILLIAMS AC1 BRETT FAVRE AUCKLAND COLLECTION 10
    191 04722654 1994 TED WILLIAMS CO. 82 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    192 04722655 1994 TED WILLIAMS CO. 83 BRETT FAVRE N/A 7
    193 04722656 1994 TED WILLIAMS CO. 84 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    194 04722657 1994 TED WILLIAMS CO. 85 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    195 04722658 1994 ULTRA 107 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    196 04722659 1994 PRO SET B.FAVRE/S.SHARPE AIR POWER-NATIONAL PROMO 9
    197 04722660 1994 U.D. PRO BOWL BRETT FAVRE SAMPLE 9
    198 04722661 1994 PINNACLE 36 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    199 04722662 1994 PINNACLE 36 BRETT FAVRE TROPHY COLLECTION 9
    200 04722663 1994 PACIFIC 12 BRETT FAVRE MARQUEE PRISMS-GOLD 8
    201 04722664 1994 PACIFIC PRISM 40 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    202 04722665 1994 PACIFIC PRISMS 40 BRETT FAVRE GOLD 9
    203 04722666 1994 CLASSIC IMAGES 64 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    204 04722667 1994 COLLECTOR'S EDGE 71 BRETT FAVRE N/A 10
    205 04722668 1994 COLLECTOR'S EDGE 71 BRETT FAVRE 1ST DAY 9
    206 04722669 1994 COLLECTOR'S EDGE 71 BRETT FAVRE POP WARNER 9
    207 04722670 1994 COLLECTOR'S EDGE 71 BRETT FAVRE BOSS SQUAD 9
    208 04722671 1994 CLASSIC 32 BRETT FAVRE NFL EXPERIENCE 8
    209 04722672 1994 BOWMAN 295 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    210 04722673 1994 EXCALIBUR 22K 5 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9
    211 04722674 1994 PACIFIC 11 BRETT FAVRE GEMS OF THE CROWN 9
    212 04722675 1994 PACIFIC 140 BRETT FAVRE N/A 10
    213 04722676 1994 COLL. CHOICE 309 BRETT FAVRE N/A 8
    214 04722677 NO SPEC INFO. NO GRADE-VOUCHER N/A Not Holdered, No Holder Available
    215 04722678 1994 ACTION PACKED FA6 BRETT FAVRE QUARTERBACK CHALLENGE 9
    216 04722679 1994 ACTION PACKED QB6 BRETT FAVRE QUARTERBACK CLUB 9
    217 04722680 1994 ACTION PACKED G6 BRETT FAVRE QUARTERBACK CLUB-24K GOLD 8
    218 04722681 1994 ACTION PACKED 29 BRETT FAVRE MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL 9
    219 04722682 1994 ACTION PACKED 9S BRETT FAVRE MONDAY NIGHT-SILVER 6
    220 04722683 1994 ACTION PACKED FF7 BRETT FAVRE FANTASY FORECAST 6
    221 04722684 1994 ACTION PACKED 183 BRETT FAVRE N/A 6
    222 04722685 1994 ACTION PACKED 34 BRETT FAVRE N/A 9

Date Received: 07/05/2007
    Date of Grades Posted: 08/21/2007
    Date Shipped: 08/21/2007

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Jay,

You really have nice cards in that sub!! The grades seem a tad harsh.....were you expecting more 10's on the Farvre's? Plus, the 1989 Score seem tough...all 8's? Were you expecting higher?

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Greg,

I got a 9 on a Dieon rookie. They were harsh on the Action Packed as always. I always hope for better grades but overall I am pleased. The 68 topps were all raw off Ebay. So they make up for some of the other grades. Why Herb was short I am not sure. The Wood RC was raw off ebay as well and I wasnt expecting the 7!! Maybe my grader was more a "vintage" grader? And was harsher on the some of the newer issues. Though I was happy with the Metal XL grades. I dont recall that much of a ST on the Singletary. The Slater and Stephenson were not the best but I figured I would send them in as they were the ones that I have had since 1984 in my set. Kinda shocked the Holland was only an 8 I thought 9 maybe 10. Roaf with the foil I kinda expected an 8. The Lynch is a funny story as I had to put it in one of my thick Bio-Chemistry text books to flaten it a bit, but it comes back a 10!!! Pleased as punch on the Classic French Favre but dissappointed wiht the 10 stripe. If it wasnt for the AP cards I would have done quite well. Overall I dont mind 8's. They are NR-MT which in my mind is always pretty dam good. With all the Favres out there for the master set I cant send in mulitples of every one. So some will be stuck at 8's unless I find a replacement.

I have to double check but there were at least 5 to 10 mechcanical errors on this sub. Better than I expected. But it still frosts me when the cards say Members only, or have an embossed super bowl logo and they still dont see it. I have a 97 Certified Mirror Gold at home that says it on the front and back yet they slab it as a regular card???

I might have to send Joe an email with my disgust about this problem to him. We fill out the forms and they still screw it up too much. But for $5 and less then 2 months I cant complain.

I should have two $13 special popping this week as well. The PO lady is going to like having to lug that big box out of the safe when I go to get it. Poor lady, but she knows me well by now.

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Nice sub. I don't suppose any of those are for sale?
  • Options
    Jay,

Nice job on the Bruce PSA, T Davis PSA 10, Lynch 10 and H Ward 10! Is the PSA 8 Larry Allen for sale?

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Has anyone seen the PSA 8 Buoniconti rc on E-Bay that's up to $700??? It's very o/c l/r - my PSA 7 is just as nice and it cost me $80.

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Thanks, I will check out your Packer thread. Always great to converse with fellow Pack fans.

Doc
  • Options

<< <i>Has anyone seen the PSA 8 Buoniconti rc on E-Bay that's up to $700??? It's very o/c l/r - my PSA 7 is just as nice and it cost me $80.

Greg M. >>

I had a feeling the next one was going to go through the roof...This is the first one listed in well over a year..Jon (fight4olddc) was selling one.

Jason
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If any of you guys have a 1952 Bowman Large Frank Gifford in PSA 7 or 8 I will pay huge money for it. Sorry to interupt your thread, thanks.
  • Options
    I am sure I could part with some of them if the offer was right!!
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am sure I could part with some of them if the offer was right!! >>

PM sent
  • Options

<< <i>If any of you guys have a 1952 Bowman Large Frank Gifford in PSA 7 or 8 I will pay huge money for it. Sorry to interupt your thread, thanks. >>

I'd part with my Bowman Large Gifford 8 for "huge money"..Unfortunately the $1500 in your BST post is about market price for the card. For me to sell, it would take bigger money than what it would cost for me to buy the card back..That is if it even pops up in the next year for sale..lol

Jason