1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Box 7:

12 SPs
    2 Mini blacks
    1 Mini Flags
    1 regular back mini with no number (Kenji Johjima)
    14 regular back minis
    5 A&G back minis
    1 emporer
    Scott Rolen jersey (2nd one of him this box)
    1 Arod
    11 more stupid perez cards
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    nice pulls

I thought I had got my second Scott Rollen jersey but then realized there's a bat card of him too and I had that instead. Then I got the second Rollen jesey soon after image
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    OK, so I split a A&G case. 5 boxes through and nothing much, 1 auto and a few game useds. The other half yielded a rip card and a bunch of other good hits, so needless to say I was pretty worried. Tonight, I opened the last box and with only 12 packs left, I came upon this...

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    what are your plans for that one???

Kevin
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    I haven't decided yet. Since it's numbered to 10, does that mean it has a lower pop rip card inside compared to the /99's, or does that not make a difference on the inside card?
  • Options
    Box 8:

12 SPs
    4 Mini blacks (1 no number Brad Hawpe)
    2 Mini Flags
    12 regular back minis
    6 A&G back minis
    Carlos Beltran bat
    1 Arod
    11 more stupid perez cards
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Geordie,

Those insert cards with the 1/1 are nothing special. Topps just forgot to airbrush that out for those cards (there are really 1/1 sketch cards, but they are inside rip cards). In the Hobby boxes, you get 1 a pack.

Kurt >>

Kurt - yeah, I know - I was just trying to be funny. Didn't pull it off that well, I guess.

Picked up three more blasters on the way to work today. Just finished opening them. Not real happy with the collation between the seven total blasters. Of the 28 total SPs I've pulled, I've got triples of two cards (152 Lee and 319 Jennings) and doubles of six cards (194 Cordero, 203 Verlander, 309 Ali, 318 Gomes, 320 Bonds and 330 Geren). Only 18 different SPs total. Not good.

I pulled a couple more flags, which I like more and more. Also pulled the usual assortment of minis and 1/1 Perez cards. You guys are getting ripped off - I'm getting all the 1/1 sketches. I'm rich, I tell ya!

OK, so I've got a stack of minis and other junk to trade. Looking for Dodgers and flags.

Geordie
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I can't help but wonder "why I am STILL getting these stupid arod cards"
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    So Nick, can you do us all a favor and summarize the totals for your retail case? I am thinking retail ink is quite rare.
  • Options

<< <i>i am 11 cards short of 3 sets (regular size w/sp). i will post what i need later tonight. on that note... anyone want to trade for one of my 07 sets? i would REALLY like to get my hands on an 06 set, if someone has one maybe we could work something out?

i am still debating on going for a mini set or a GU set. >>

prscott933 - PM sent. I've got a spare '06 set to trade - I'd love a shot at one of your '07 sets.

Geordie
  • Options

<< <i>So Nick, can you do us all a favor and summarize the totals for your retail case? I am thinking retail ink is quite rare. >>

All 8 boxes are broken down above Jim. Feel free to look back at them and list the cumulative totals here. It's Saturday morning, and I'm too tired. lol
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Did I NOT get a rip card in a hobby box and 2 blasters? 3 game used Konerko, rolen, and patterson. Dice k mini some mini's with A&G back. I need to look at what i am looking for image
  • Options
    Selling my Hunter Pence Bazooka #01/25.

Pence Bazooka on the bay

If you make an offer let me know you are a board member, I'll be more likely to accept it.
    White Whales:
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Finally a blaster with a bit. 1 snake, 1 relic and 1 Bazooka (Ron Washington).
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    Wow Kurt, that is a good blaster.
  • Options
    Couldn't resist, came home with 2 more hobby boxes.

Here are the hits...

Box 1:
    Carlos Beltran Bat Relic
    Julio Juarez auto redemption

Box 2:
    Mark Mulder Relic
    Troy Tulowitzki auto

Delmon Young bazooka

J.D.Drew rip card /99

Definetly pleased with the second box
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Quick questions, read most of the forums but still not clear on the mini black. Are any of the mini black cards numbered? I opened two hobby boxes and none of the 6 mini blacks are numbered. No real exciting pulls except Tommie Smith relic.

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    I'm also interested in knowing about the Black Minis. Can anyone conferm that there are some with no number and the same player with a number?? I've searched for a couple of players that I like on ebay and it seems like some players have a number on the back and some just don't!
    Are there variations or not? I guess that's the question I'm asking.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Regarding black minis - Kevin (JoeStalin) has researched this and there is still no known variations on the blacks....Each subject has only one version -- either a number or no number, so there is no premium for no-number black minis. Normal minis DO have a no-# variation -- and there is only 50 of each card made with no # in white.
  • Options
    parkerj,

So what you are saying is I have 1/50 mini white Brian Fuentes with no number on the back?

Cory
  • Options
    If you have a white-border mini with no # on the back, then yes....its a #/50 and a GREAT pull!
  • Options
    OK lets get the trade train rolling. I'll start it off with a list that took forever to make. LOL

What I need:
    Regular Back Minis - 1, 2, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 23, 27, 28, 29, 30, 32, 34, 35, 39, 42, 44, 45, 46, 47, 49, 53, 55, 59, 60, 61, 65, 66, 67, 69, 78, 79, 81, 87, 88, 90, 91, 92, 93, 103, 106, 107, 108, 109, 112, 114, 115, 118, 121, 122, 124, 127, 129, 133, 134, 136, 138, 139, 140, 142, 144, 145, 152, 154, 156, 165, 166, 167, 168,170, 172, 173, 175, 179, 181, 182, 186, 193, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 202, 209, 211, 214, 215, 216, 218, 220, 222, 228, 232, 236, 237, 238, 239, 244, 246, 247, 249, 251, 252, 254, 255, 256, 259, 261, 262, 269, 270, 272, 273, 276, 283, 289, 291, 299, 301, 302, 304, 305, 306, 313, 316, 318, 325, 326, 329, 330, 331, 333, 337, 342, 344, and 348.
    Arods - 252, 257, 269, and 274.
    Snakes - Black Mamba and King Cobra.
    Emporers - Julius, Tiberius, Nero, and Septimus.
    Flags - Algeria, Austrailia, Columbia, Ecuador, Germany, Greenland, Iceland, Italy, Kenya, Mexico, Morocco, Panama, Russian Federation, and United States of America..

What I have available for trade:
    Regular Back Minis - 6, 10, 13, 15, 24, 31, 33, 36, 37, 51, 54, 56, 57, 62, 64, 68, 70, 73, 74, 76, 77, 84, 86, 89, 96, 97, 98, 99, 102, 104, 105, 111, 116, 120, 123, 125, 128, 131, 132, 141, 143, 147, 149, 151, 155, 157, 160, 162, 174, 176, 184, 187, 188, 190, 191, 195, 201, 208, 212, 213, 217, 221, 223, 224, 226, 227, 229, 234, 235, 240, 242, 245, 248, 250, 253, 258, 265, 266, 267, 268, 271, 275, 278, 279, 282, 284, 286, 287, 288, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 311, 312, 315, 323, 324, 332, and 338.
    Arods - 255, 256, 267, 270, and 275.
    Snakes - None.
    Emporers - Claudius and Marcus Aurelius.
    Flags - Argentina, Dominican Republic, Greece, Honduras, Ireland, Indonesia, Jamaica, Nigeria, Peru, Spain, and Turkey.
  • Options
    Thanks for the answer on the black minis. It does not seem to make any sense to me to put numbers on the backs of some and leave others blank! Just MHO.
    Anyway, I'm looking for a white Grady Sizemore with no number. If anyone has one please let me know.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Nick,

You have to wait for Doran and I to receive our cases before you start your "official" trade post. We'll be left with "does anybody have a Bob Geren to trade, anybody, anybody"....
    IWTDMBII
  • Options

<< <i>Nick,

You have to wait for Doran and I to receive our cases before you start your "official" trade post. We'll be left with "does anybody have a Bob Geren to trade, anybody, anybody".... >>

If you need some singles I can help. I have a few of most of the SPs, lots of minis, A&g backs and blacks. I think all the no#s are gone. The only hits left are the RIP Cards. If you don't need too many, I'll just send them.
    If your doing retail you won't need them until the middle of the week. I'll be out of town on business for a few days. Good luck with your case. I'm not breaking the retail I bought, Topps has change the content, beginning with this product.
  • Options
    V-Mart over on the Beckett Forum has posted some compelling math on the print runs of the various card sizes and variations by extrapolating Topps' print run information.

Base Normal Size: 21,400 of each card
    Normal Size SPs: 2,675 of each card

A&G back minis: 1,070
    Black border minis: 535
    Regular back SP minis: 412
    Gray back minis from rip cards: 98 or 100 (Topps apparently didn't print the Delmon Young rip cards)
    A&G back SP minis: 83
    Regular back minis with No #: 50
    Black border SP minis: 42

Apparently, if a card is short-printed in the regular, base set, it's also short printed for each mini type too.

What I find interesting is that black border SP minis are less populous than regular no-# backs, the A&G back SPs, and the gray backs from rip cards... and yet the gray backs tend to fetch $10-30 on avg while there isn't much premium for black border SPs yet.

Think about it: 98 people could theoretically put together a full gray back set, and 50 people could compile a no-# back set, but only 42 people will ever complete a black border mini set. That's wild!

It's also nice to realize that Topps hasn't "overproduced" with this set.
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • Options
    Bigslick, are you interested in trading minis? My needs are above.
  • Options
    gstarlinggstarling Posts: 463 ✭✭

<< <i> I'm not breaking the retail I bought, Topps has change the content, beginning with this product. >>

What means this?
    Currently Buying:
    2004 Tommie Harris SPX Printing Plate (White Whale will pay top $$$)
    1994 SP Football Die Cuts PSA 10s
  • Options
    Big slick and Nick: I am interested in any blacks you might have available. will trade or buy.

send me a pm.

Big Slick, can you enable your private messages? (via your profile page)

thx, jim
  • Options
    Jim, I'll have that at my office. I'll be back Wednesday. I'll let you know where to send your list. Unless there are lots of cards, don't worry about trading.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> I'm not breaking the retail I bought, Topps has change the content, beginning with this product. >>

What means this? >>

Starting a couple of years ago, I started buying almost exclusively Topps Retail. The content was almost the same, for about 1/2 the price. 06 BCDP Blaster csaes had either a Gold. Orange or Blue Auto in each 16 box case. When I was ordering A&G my distributor told me the configuration was being change, in order to make the retail weaker than hobby. I bought Hobby and Blaster cases, but I think I'll save the Blaster cases until the product dries up.
  • Options

<< <i>Big slick and Nick: I am interested in any blacks you might have available. will trade or buy.

send me a pm.
    >>

I have 4 blacks available for trade:
    132 Konerko (SP)
    40 Dunn
    75 Tulowitzki
    156 Roberts

PM or email gstarling@gmail.com if interested.

Currently Buying:
  • Options
    Wish I could have found blaster cases instead of regular retail cases, bigslick if you have an extra blaster case email me with the price here If not, if you could give me an idea of where I might find one that would be great as well.
  • Options
    Big Slick isnt going to help you Heritage Addict. He spews on and on about I get this and I get that, but at the end of the day, he contributes little, and helps none.
  • Options

<< <i>Big Slick isnt going to help you Heritage Addict. He spews on and on about I get this and I get that, but at the end of the day, he contributes little, and helps none. >>

Wow! What's happened between 8:19 this AM and now. I assume you have a business relationship with Jack Lockwood, ask him how much product I get from him.
    This all started when you asked about a price on A&G cases, and I gave it to you. You then told me to stop bragging about prices, if I wasn't going to find it for you. I haven't been home for a couple of weeks, and when I checked this thread the morning, I saw you volunteered the prices you got on some of your better pulls. You asked me, no one asked you.
    I'll be in NYC this week, maybe we can discuss my shortcomings.
  • Options
    dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭
    is there any place that has pictures of the backs and discusses the variations yet?
    I am confused about the black minis. Do no number mean no card number or no hand numbering?
    thanks
  • Options
    the set looks very nice in a binder and sleeves. this is the 1st set i ever put in a binder... i'll have to do it more often image
    White Whales:
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    OK , here is what I know about the minis. I hope this helps the novice.

Minis are 1 per pack. There are 5 different kinds of mini.

1) White front minis with a card number on the back....these are called base minis. Some of these are short printed, those short prints
    are the same numbers as the bigger cards.

2) Black front minis. These are maybe a few per 24 packs. They are black on the front. This year, some of them have set numbers on the
    back and some don't. Either way it doesn't make them more or less valuable..there are no variations. Once again there are short
    prints, the same as the bigger cards.

3) A&G Back...these have the A&G advertisment on the backs...easy to spot..again short prints same as above.

4) No number white fronts. These are pretty rare...a white front card, but with no set number on the back.....there are no short prints. The print
    run is 50.

5) Bazooka Backs.....these have the bazooka advertisments on the back and are hand numbered to 25...the only cards to be hand numbered
    of the minis. There are no sp's since they all have the same print run.

***I will also add in grey back minis, which can only be pulled from rip cards (hobby only). They have white fronts and grey backs.

I hope this clears things up. Never be ashamed of any questions, us vets are here to help. Keep the trading coming!!

Kevin
  • Options
    allready answered. Boy I'm slow.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options

<< <i> I assume you have a business relationship with Jack Lockwood, ask him how much product I get from him. >>

So im supposed to ask Jack Lockwood how much a guy that calls himself BigSlick buys from him? His response, right before he hangs up on me will be....Big who? Is it possible you are this much of a moron? Who gives a rat's ass how much you buy from Lockwood anyway, and where is that relevant to anything? Again, bragging but helping no one. This little community of ours is about helping each other, and that is something you have never once done. This is further evident by the fact that you leave your private messages turned off which means either A) You're too stupid to know how to turn them on, or B) You dont care enough about our little community to want to be bothered by us. Obviously I can only speak for myself when I say that I would rather not hear from you again, but I would hope that others that see you for the useless poster that you are, would agree. As for meeting me in NYC, what is me smacking an old man in the mouth really gonna prove? Please spend your declining years bragging to a different group of men that you can try to impress with all your supposed connections.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> I assume you have a business relationship with Jack Lockwood, ask him how much product I get from him. >>

So im supposed to ask Jack Lockwood how much a guy that calls himself BigSlick buys from him? His response, right before he hangs up on me will be....Big who? Is it possible you are this much of a moron? Who gives a rat's ass how much you buy from Lockwood anyway, and where is that relevant to anything? Again, bragging but helping no one. This little community of ours is about helping each other, and that is something you have never once done. This is further evident by the fact that you leave your private messages turned off which means either A) You're too stupid to know how to turn them on, or B) You dont care enough about our little community to want to be bothered by us. Obviously I can only speak for myself when I say that I would rather not hear from you again, but I would hope that others that see you for the useless poster that you are, would agree. As for meeting me in NYC, what is me smacking an old man in the mouth really gonna prove? Please spend your declining years bragging to a different group of men that you can try to impress with all your supposed connections. >>

Anytime, anyplace. My age might matter if our problem lasted 5 mins., it would be over in 5 secs. Nice Capt. Kirk.
  • Options
    Back to your corners gentlemen. Let's trade cards instead of barbs. I appreciate the help I've been given from many members and questions answered from both nam and slick.

So you're not friends, let's just leave it at that and get back to some A&G. I'm struggling to complete my mini set and will need all the help I can get from people on here. I can't afford to have this thread go downhill image
    Currently Buying:
  • Options
    Ok lets get back on track here fellas. I got the shakes today and ran and got another hobby box. Got some better pulls in the third box. Got a pull card and I swore to myself i would not pull it and put it on the bay but i saw the Jeter Woodie posted and got greed. I got a mini gray back Brandon Webb. I also pulled Troy Tulowitzki signed and numbered in red ink. I had no idea the Nationa Pride cards were cabinet. Got very excited when i saw the size of the topper. Another strange observation, all of my black mini's have no number on the back. Here is some of the insert/relic/oddball stuff i pulled in 3 hobby boxes total. On a side note what is everyone going to do with the Dick Perez cards? I have so many I might use them as coasters.

• Options
    What would you all consider a master mini set? This is what I'm thinking:
    350 Base
    50 Flags
    10 Emperors
    5 Snakes
    Currently Buying:
  • Options

<< <i>What would you all consider a master mini set? This is what I'm thinking:
    350 Base
    50 Flags
    10 Emperors
    5 Snakes >>

You're close, but you might want to include the extended minis that are found only in the rip cards - 25 of them IIRC, or is it 30?

Geordie
  • Options
    That's what I'm considering the master mini set as well.
  • Options
    fur72,

i'd be interested in the tommie smith relic. my trade list is on page 26 of this thread.
    White Whales:
  • Options
    This stuff is crack. We went to Meijer to quickly grab something to go with our dinner... went through the aisle with cards.... grabbed a pack without skipping a beat.

Pulled an emperor mini of Claudius! Sweet!
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase