Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2007 Allen and Ginter

Comments

• rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    anybody got a a-rod auto?????
    randy
  • kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Randy,

Funny you should ask that. I swear to God, not having my Retail case in is going to cost me a mint. I got another box today and the results were less than inspiring. OK, they were crap. How's this?

The really unbelievable part was the other local shop near me that I bought this box from called to say he did have a box available, but that he had just sold a case to a customer that was a hot case. 24 Autos and the Jim Edmonds sketch card out of the rip card. I tried to pry it out of the fellow that pulled it, but he wouldn't budge. I shouldn't have purchased another box there.

I went home and decided to go by the comic shop near home that sold individual packs. I bought another 5 to prove to myself to stop buying until I get my shipment. Another time to say crap to myself.

I still think it's going to cost me money not having my stuff to rip.

Kurt
    IWTDMBII
    IWTDMBII
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    The guy opened it at the National so probably had it done there

Understood, but they had a Mother Teresa expert at the National?

Did they get on the Bat phone to the resident Mother Teresa authority?
    IWTDMBII

• << <i>Good Luck Jason, I hope we can make some trades this year!

Kevin >>

You bet Kevin, I'm really looking forward to getting plenty of trades done with all you guys.

I opened half of my case last night, and the highlights were:

Misty May Treanor auto - To eBay unless anyone here has a strong interest
    Piazza /99 rip card - Haven't ripped it yet, but I think I probably will
    Some snake, a duplicate Emperor (Marcus Aurelius), and a stack of minis I have yet to go through.

Fantastic looking cards, but I'd say a so-so case so far...
  • Why would they need a Mother Theresa expert? The card was pulled from a case at the National and immediatly taken to Beckett to be graded. It came from a Dave and Adams case.

Text
    I don't know, I suppose I was just being cynical. I'm assuming not just card collectors would be after it and a little bit of blind faith (sorry, I had to do it) would be necessary. The assumption that it's authentic coming from Topps and than what process does the grader go through to say "yes, it's authentic" so quickly? Does somebody that deals with sports cards really know? I would just think that something like this might take a bit, that's all.
    IWTDMBII
  • Kurt, nice pull on the A. Rod. Lockwood said he would probably be shipping out the retial cases on the 10th so hopefully we'll have them by the middle of next week.
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    here is the official list. I had one error on my list..sorry

5 Stephen Drew, Arizona Diamondbacks SS
    43 Scott Rolen, St. Louis Cardinals 3B
    48 Gary Matthews, Angels OF
    58 Mike Mussina, New York Yankees P
    63 Bengie Molina, San Francisco Giants C
    107 Jason Varitek, Boston Red Sox C
    110 Michael Young, Texas Rangers SS
    119 Hunter Pence, Houston Astros OF
    130 Jason Schmidt, Los Angeles Dodgers P
    137 Jason Isringhausen, St. Louis Cardinals P
    152 Carlos Lee, Houston Astros OF
    159 Michael Barrett, Chicago Cubs C
    178 Juan Pierre, Los Angeles Dodgers OF
    193 Rich Hill, Chicago Cubs P
    194 Francisco Cordero, Milwaukee Brewers P
    203 Justin Verlander, Detroit Tigers P
    219 Dan Uggla, Florida Marlins 2B
    222 Rocco Baldelli, Tampa Bay Devil Rays OF
    224 Josh Bard, San Diego Padres C
    243 Brad Hawpe, Colorado Rockies OF
    263 Jim Edmonds, St. Louis Cardinals OF
    301 Chris Duncan, St. Louis Cardinals OF
    302 Augie Garrido, Champion Baseball Coach
    303 Tyler Clippard, New York Yankees P
    306 Morgan Ensberg, Houston Astros 3B
    307 J.J. Hardy, Milwaukee Brewers SS
    308 Mark Zupan, U.S. Quadriplegic Rugby Captain
    309 Laila Ali, Boxing Champion
    310 Greg Maddux, San Diego Padres P
    316 Dan O'Brien, Decathlon Champion
    317 Michael Bourn, Philadelphia Phillies OF
    318 Jonny Gomes, Tampa Bay Devil Rays OF
    319 Ken Jennings, Jeopardy! Champion
    320 Barry Bonds, San Francisco Giants OF
    321 Gary Hall Jr., Swimming Champion
    322 Kerri Walsh, Beach Volleyball Champion
    325 Grady Sizemore, Cleveland Indians OF
    326 Alex Rios, Toronto Blue Jays OF
    327 Ted Toles, Pittsburgh Crawfords Pitcher & Outfielder
    330 Bob Geren, Oakland Athletics OF
    331 Dennis Rodman, Basketball Champion
    334 Gustavo Molina, Chicago White Sox C
    335 Bartolo Colon, Angels P
    336 Misty May-Treanor, Beach Volleyball Champion
    339 Jason McElwain, Greece Athena Trojans Manager & Player
    340 Placido Polanco, Detroit Tigers 2B
    345 Sammy Sosa, Texas Rangers DH
    348 Roger Clemens, New York Yankees P
    349 Jesse Litsch, Toronto Blue Jays P
    350 Adam LaRoche, Pittsburgh Pirates 1B
  • KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Kurt, nice pull on the A. Rod. Lockwood said he would probably be shipping out the retial cases on the 10th so hopefully we'll have them by the middle of next week. >>

What price range were retail cases going for?
  • baird34baird34 Posts: 1,174

<< <i>I don't know, I suppose I was just being cynical. I'm assuming not just card collectors would be after it and a little bit of blind faith (sorry, I had to do it) would be necessary. The assumption that it's authentic coming from Topps and than what process does the grader go through to say "yes, it's authentic" so quickly? Does somebody that deals with sports cards really know? I would just think that something like this might take a bit, that's all. >>

If you are refering to how quickly they stated the autograph is authentic. From what I understand... Beckett's "Authentic" grade doesn't have anything to do with the signature, only the card. So technically they are slabbing the card and stating that the overall card itself is authentic. I am almost positive that's the way they work, but if I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

WANTED: Yogi Berra Signed Ron Lewis '69 Mets Postcard
  • I gave $419 a case, which is substantially cheaper than hobby, but retail does have it's downside: 8 boxes/case, 1 less card per pack, no rip card, no wood minis, and one hit per box instead of two.
    Ive seen some retail busts over on beckett, so far nothing that great. I hope you all land some nice stuff. I want to say that there
    were woods in retail last year!

Kevin
  • Kevin, I based the no woods on odds printed on the retail packs which don't show any for the woods, but maybe it's a mistake.
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭
    So I was reading this thread and it started to get me pumped up for modern cards. The only modern pack I've opened in the last 15 years are three packs of Topps Heritage.
    I about a hour ago I went to Target to see if they had A&G. I went directly to the cards, and Nothing. I them proceded to back of the store to grab some Ultra Pro 9 pocket sheets (they keep the 65 page packs in the back with the non sport cards) then proceded to the checkout. As I got closer I saw two very nice grey haired lady's over at the sports cards. BINGO, they just put up Fleer Ultra and fresh boxes of A&G. I only bought two boxes so keep your fingers crossed.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevin - I just went through the SPs I set aside based on your first list, and that is the same exact list that you posted earlier in the thread based on the cards I set aside, so where was your mistake?
    well thats good news..I actually had 47 listed as a sp and its not and didn't have 317.

Kevin
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checked your original list again, and you were spot on with no mistakes. Good job Heriatge God.
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭
    Bought 2 blasters
    Hanley Ramirez Relic
    Peru

Black border mini
    Kei Igawa
    Stephen Drew
    Matt Murton

regular mini
    grady sizemore 325
    Brian McCann 141
    Ben Sheets 155
    Brian Giles 292
    Adrain Gonzalez 341
    PT Barnum 26
    Aaron Rowand 264
    Jim Thome 233
    Jarod Saltamacchia 189

a/g back minis
    Curt Schilling 126
    Jim Thome 233
    Jose Vidro 145

SPs
    Greg Maddux 310
    Alex Rios 326
    Kerri Walsh 322
    MIchael Bourn 317
    Jason McElwain 339
    Brad Hawpe 243
    Rich Hill 193

Everything for trade or sale. PM me
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
    Is it just me or is this fun as he**? Man something to do during the heritage off season I love it! Going out to target right now

Kevin
    newbe question, don't shoot me.
    What's with the different color stock?? Does that mean anything??
    Some are really light and some darker. I have a checklist that seems to be about half as thick as the normal cards. It feels like an 80's OPC.
    Again, take it easy on me these are the first modern boxes I busted in 15 years.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
    Retail is here Retail is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Results to follow!

Kevin
    Here are the results, not so great, but still fun. So the Dick Perez cards aren't 1 per back?

24 packs

black minis (1:5) 5
    A&G Back minis (1:5) 6
    Flags (1:12) 3
    Mini SP's (1:13) 3
    Relics...Trot Nixon Bat
    1 Emperor
    Arod HR (1:24) 2

Kevin
    Found 4 blaster boxes today, 10 retail packs and another hobby box that was seperated into packs and hung up so no box topper but atleast I got all 24 packs.

This stuff is getting real hard to find around here.

It'll be nice not to see the Perez cards in every pack. I'm gonna start using those as cardboard protectors around the real cards i mail out.
  • Here is an excel checklist if anyone needs it. Checklist
    I think you should just be able to right click it and hit "save target as"
    only took you 14 minutes to open the box? savor it man, savor it
    just me or does that checklist look a little out of order? maybe my excel is messed up?

thanks for taking the time to do it
  • Just opened two more hobby boxes. Cards of note were a "Mule" Miles SP auto and a Stanley Glenn Bazooka back /25. GU were Nick Swisher and someone else.
    Looking for High-End Football Cards.

Many Refs, just ask.

• kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    I PULLED A WASHINGTON MONUMENT NO NUMBER ON BACK WHITE MINI. sorry for caps. is that only numbered to 50? i listed it on ebay as that. just want to make sure im not misleading?
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    people are still listing the dk perez cards as 1/1.. and they are selling high. gonna be some pi$$ed off buyers.
  • Zep, for some reason the page breaks don't seem to transfer over when you save it like that. there should be a page break after line 52 and line 104.

<< <i>Zep, for some reason the page breaks don't seem to transfer over when you save it like that. there should be a page break after line 52 and line 104. >>

I see, I wasn't printing it, just looking at it. It printed just fine - thanks again

<< <i>people are still listing the dk perez cards as 1/1.. and they are selling high. gonna be some pi$$ed off buyers. >>

I've been trying to email high bidders in those auctions and letting them know there getting had. Think I've done it 6 or 7 times so far and not one reply to say thanks.
  • parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    I thought the black mini's were seeded 1:10. maybe thats just hobby, so retail gets more black minis? (1:5)??
    10 packs of retail:
    7 reg minis
    1 flag - russia
    2 AG minis - Pujols
    Prince Fielder bat

4 Blasters:
    In 1 blaster, 3 packs had 2 reg minis in them - first I'd seen that and one of those packs with 2 had a Jeremy Hermida auto
    1 black mini out of all 4 blasters - no #
    22 reg minis
    4 flags
    1 emperor
    and other hit was a Marcus Giles jersey

not bad for about the same price of a hobby box
    First 3 hit Hobby Box

Tony Larussa cyan printing plate
    Ivan Rodriguez jersey
    Scott Rolen jersey
    3 black minis w/#
    6 AG mini (first time I've seen more than 5)
    13 reg mini (Okajima)
    2 flags (US)

and only 21 Perez 1/1 cards - best part of getting the 3 hits
    Well I opened two blaster boxes from Target tonight
    2 black mini w/#'s
    7 reg minis
    4 A&G Minis
    2 flags (Peru) (Argentina
    1 snake (Copperhead) I guess these are a little hard to pull.
    One Arod road to 500 (250)

Tomorrow I'm going to grab 2 more boxes
    I'm going for a base set only, so if anyone wants to trade let me know
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Selling my Derek Jeter wood 1/1 if anyone wants it...

Jeter Wood on eBay
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
    I finally located some retail A&G and came up with these numbers. They were pretty easy
    to figure out using a bit of algebra. Serial numbering helps too!

There are 1,225,000 hobby packs or 51,041 boxes or 4253 cases.

There are 726,528 retail packs. This will include across the entire retail print run:
    2 George Washington Hair relics
    6 Pujols Autos
    11 of each group B
    12 Frazier Autos
    23 each group D
    26 each group E
    2 cuts
    6 Arod 500 HR 1/1 Autos.

Pretty scarce if you are looking for ink at target!

Kevin

PS..Sorry black minis are 1:10 no 1:5

• Kevin, thanks for going and smashing my dreams before my cases even get here. image
  • Thanks Kevin! image
    White Whales:
    16 Hobby boxes - 3 autos (and 2 of them were the same)
    4 19.99 blaster boxes - 1 auto
    I think if you pull one of the bigger autos in retail you did very well. Hobby autos were very hard to pull and that only funneled down to retail, but I think
    we need to also remember that there seemed to be some packaging errors, especially in hobby that make is possible to crush the odds. We already
    saw that two minis in a pack made the packing machine cough up an auto!

Kevin
  • parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    I felt Kurt's longing and couldn't wait for lockwood's order (2 cases) so i made a run to target and like Kevin, helped them out by opening their shipping boxes to find some star wars blasters, but also 5 a&g blaster. Resisted the urge and just bought one.

got 1 snake (coral)
    1 black mini
    1 a&g mini
    1 flag mini
    4 minis (1 was sp 330)

and 1 stupid a-rod

I see the retail have those really flimsy checklist cards. oh yeah i forgot, I got 4 perez's....but hey, they're all 1/1's what are the chances!!??

They still have two boxes of picked-through heritage packs so i picked one up, and the hit was yet another a-rod. oh the humanity!

If anyone collects those a-rods, shoot me a pm, i still have a bunch from heritage.

Thats now the second snake we've seen in retail....are they easier in retail? Kevin, what are the pull rates on the snakes? unannounced?

- jim
  • A few of my pack observations...

I had two packs that had no minis.

I had one pack that had 9 total cards in it (7 regular, 1 Perez and 1 mini).

I had two 3 hit boxes and one 1 hit box. The 3 hit boxes both had an auto and 2 GU.

If a pack had an A-Rod in it, it was always the last card.

If a pack had Adam Wainwright in it, it also had Chris Carpenter.
    White Whales:
    That's funny about Arod being last card in your packs. Every Arod I got was followed by an Alex Gordon and Gordon was the last card in my packs

Also got a Jack The ripper after every groundhog day in the hobby boxes but no ripper after groundhog in the blasters.

noticed quite a few patterns while opening the case but those stuck out the most. and even had the same patterns in the other hobby boxes I got from other stores.

• Yeah I noticed that with the A. Rods in the retail I've opened, always the last card. I've had three packs so far that have had two minis, each was out of a different blaster.
  • metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    I went to the local wally world and they had 8 boxes of blasters, but I only bought one. I pulled 2 a&g backs Konerko and Joe Frazier I pulled a Willis Jersey and regular cards of Bruce Lee and that rookie pitcher from San Fran. Not too bad. I am gonna pass on this years set. I am saving my money for Sport Kings.
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.