That like setting a snipe, pandrews?
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That like setting a snipe, pandrews? >>

·p_A·
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I know this is the 2007 thread, but I wanted to post my latest 2006 pickup, which results in a complete set of Bazooka /25 Dodgers. The Kuo was the last one - it took a long time to find.

Geordie
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    RedSoxFred...I can help you with any base set (big cards) you need. Im still looking for minis and of course autos. Let us know what you need, we can help.

I opened 6 more blaster and got KILLED. Certainly I improved the odds for you all. Good luck and you can thank me later!

Kevin
  • Options
    This is killing me, my cases have been sitting at a UPS hub 3 hours away since 10:30 this morning, and they still aren't scheduled for delivery until Thursday. If I could just find some blasters to hold me until then.....
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Guys, I've seen references to Scott Rolen SR2. What is SR2?

< busy busting my 2 cases >
  • Options
    parker, lets see some hair out of those cases. Rolen has two relic cards, a jersey and a bat, SR2 is the bat relic.
  • Options
    Im off to the grocery store, when I get back I want full details on those boxes parker!!!!

Kevin
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a base (big card) of Roy Oswalt #86 where his number on the back has not been "dropped" under the two hash marks that is supposed to sit in between?

The mini card of him has the number set correctly.
  • Options
    Talk about good timing: My wife and kids (5,3,4 months) left today for a 4 day vacation - the same day my cases arrived! I miss them terribly but what a way to break freely.

Thanks on the Rolen - I got two in my first case - both jerseys

Case 1 breakdown:

hair - 0
    emperors - 3
    flags - 13
    a&g backs - 59
    minis - 97

9 relic jerseys (all for trade): i-rod, randy winn, marcus giles x2, rolen x2, tejada, zito, chavez

Pretty crappy break in my opinion. I'm glad i splurged for 4 hobby boxes and got 3 autos.

Onwards to case 2.
  • Options
    crossing my fingers for hair in the second case!!! image
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    Parker...was this a retail case? Where are the autos?

Kevin
  • Options
    These are 2 retail cases from lockwood. I think I'm definitely improving every other lockwood customers odds.

fyi, 3 boxes into second case, and only 2 relics - both scott rolen jerseys!!!! Thats 4 rolen jerseys (all of them white as snow) in 1 3/8 case. yikes!

anyone need a rolen jersey?

Edited to add: I also was able to pull a cory patterson no # white. also available for trade.
  • Options
    i don't need the rolen jerseys but i do like having lots of cardinal stuff around. shop them around first and let me know if you want to dump them on me.
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    In my blaster I pulled a black mini Rich Hill with no number. When he has a number he is 193 which is an SP. So, is this one of the 1:130 black short printed parallel cards?
  • Options
    Nick,

This is one of the Black border Mini SP's (1:130). Nice pull.
    Learn some history of the game. Join a vintage base ball team in your area and get out there.
    Simsbury Taverneers
    My PSA Sets
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I bought a blaster at target and pulled a GU shilling, GU dontrelle willis ( nice black stripe on the white) and mini black no number chin ming-wang...anything good there?
  • Options

<< <i>I bought a blaster at target and pulled a GU shilling, GU dontrelle willis ( nice black stripe on the white) and mini black no number chin ming-wang...anything good there? >>

doesn't get much better than that short of ink

Kevin
  • Options
    Ok, here's case 2. I am wiped - and not in a good way.

Flags = 17
    emperors = 2
    blacks = 18
    a&g = 42
    mini = 113
    no # whites: 2 corey patterson + ferris wheel (wtf!!??)

9 relics: 3 rolens, beltran bat, kotchman, i-rod,chavez, chad tracy, tejada

2 case total:

Flags = 30
    emperors = 5 (caligulax2,aurelius,septimus, tiberius,claudius)
    blacks = 37 (1 sp:mcelwain)
    a&g = 101
    mini = 200
    a-rods = 13
    no # whites= 2 - corey patterson + ferris wheel (wtf!!??)

18 relics: 5 rolens, beltran bat, kotchman, 2 i-rod, 2 chavez, chad tracy, 2 tejada, 2 marcus giles, zito, randy winn

For those scoring along at home: Don't buy retail packs!!!
  • Options
    That is not what I wanted to hear, not quite so excited about my cases now. You didn't even pull 1 snake out of 2 cases? Then again, out of all the heritage cases I bought, the two from lockwood were the only ones without an auto or black refractor, it's almost like he's selling factory seconds (I'm sure that's not the case it just seems odd).
  • Options
    Man, that hurts, but lots to trade. When you are ready let me know

Kevin
  • Options
    no snakes. fyi, i did buy 1 retail case from jack and it had 1 auto and 3 black refractors.
  • Options
    I've been chipping away at sorting while making some great trades already (thanks guys) - I'm still looking for a number of cards and am looking forward to a few more trades before this is all said and done.

Cards I NEED:

Emperors: E1 Julius Caesar, E6 Nero, E7 Titus, E10 Septimus Severus (pretty cool name)

Flags: Australia, Austria, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Greenland, Honduras, Mexico, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, Panama, Turkey, Utd. Arab Emirates, U.S.A.

SPs: 193, 310, 317, 320, 327, 348, 349

Base cards (for various player & other sets - many of these are "star" cards and will have a higher value than a normal base card): 7, 32, 50, 55, 57, 131, 150, 164, 200, 204, 210, 230, 247, 270, 274, 300, 342

Minis (either back, but prefer A&G backs): 3, 11, 32, 35, 47, 50, 53, 63, 78, 80, 94, 106, 121, 139, 154, 181, 194, 196, 205, 218, 224, 274, 280, 281, 285, 297, 300, 303, 316, 317, 320, 322, 323, 329, 331, 333, 334, 335, 339, 342, 348, 349

Cards I HAVE FOR TRADE:

Relics: Aurilia Bat, Cabrera Bat, Chavez Pants (2), Fielder Bat, Juarez Jersey, Konerko Bat (2), Kotchman Jersey (2), LaRoche Jersey (2), LoDuca Jersey, Patterson Bat, Piazza Bat, Ramirez Jersey, Tejada Jersey, Winn Jersey (2)

A&G Back Minis: 59, 199

Regular Back Minis: 31, 74, 95, 111, 132, 137(SP), 146, 147, 184, 191, 221, 225, 227, 235, 307(SP), 312, 330(SP)

Regular SPS: 5, 48 (2), 58, 63 (3), 107, 159, 302 (2), 307, 308 (2), 316 (2), 322, 326, 334

Autos: Hanley Ramirez, Jonathan Papelbon

Please send me a SM with ideas/offers, thanks.
  • Options
    Well that explains your bad A&G luck then, you used all the good luck up on the Heritage case. I'm sure Lockwoods cases are the same as everyone elses, retail just doesn't seem to be where it's at this year. But I have had decent luck with the blasters so far.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    guys- i be needing 2 a & g to finsh my reg base set- #107 & 119, ive never even looked to see who they are,been loking at arod cards to grade under my new lighted lamp maygnifing loop stand,i can see lots better now for a old fart lol, little tiny loops dont compare to the detail you can see in my case,you can see every flaw in detail,gimme a pm if u have these 23 and ill buy em or trade ya something,looking for 2007 topps chrome too,got a list of about 70+ cards if anybodys got tons of em
    randy
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    SR1 is a jersey and SR2 is a bat of Scott Rollen. There's a couple players with jersey and bat cards in the set.
  • Options
    Checked the UPS website this morning and my cases will be here today, no need for a blaster run. Now I get to play the waiting game all day and then figure out how to get two cases up stairs with crutches, but that is a problem I am willing to deal with. image
  • Options

<< <i>Checked the UPS website this morning and my cases will be here today, no need for a blaster run. Now I get to play the waiting game all day and then figure out how to get two cases up stairs with crutches, but that is a problem I am will to deal with. image >>

Forget the legs, all you need are the arms. RIP BABY RIP BABY!

Ill be on the lookout for results.

Kevin
  • Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭
    Probably a dumb question, but can you just go find these boxes EASILY at stores like Walmart, Target, etc? Where do you find them?
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options

<< <i>Probably a dumb question, but can you just go find these boxes EASILY at stores like Walmart, Target, etc? Where do you find them? >>

Target has a trading card section located just beyond the registers as you approach the grocery section. Sometimes they have a smaller section behind the toy racks too. Walmart tends to keep them in a random checkout lane. Some Walmarts also hide them in toys. If you have a Meijer in your area, they keep them in toys AND a random checkout lane.
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • Options
    It looks like retail A&G is in full swing, unless you have a guy going around them all and buying, you should be able to wet your whistle on this stuff. If you want
    don't mind waiting, hobby might be coming back down to earth once bowman chrome comes out and many collectors change their focus.

Kevin
  • Options
    Cases are here!
    Box 1:

11-Perez
    12-SP
    1-Arod
    14-Minis
    4-A&G backs
    4-Blacks
    2-Flags
    Rolen Jersey
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    I really dont need any more A&G with the exception of a few cards but, When I have been at my local Target/Walmart all the blaster boxes are gone. They do have individual retail packs for sale. My guess is some dude went around and bought them all expecailly at ShopKo when the Baseball invertory section is very very low.
  • Options
    Box 2
    1-Arod
    14-Minis
    5-AG Backs
    2-Blacks
    2-Flags
    1-Emperor
    Miguel Tejada Jersey
  • Options
    Holy cow, Addict. your case is starting just like mine - i got 2 tejada jerseys and 5 rolen jerseys out of 2 cases.
  • Options
    Parker, I think nam812 had similar pulls from his case as well.
    Box 3
    14-Minis
    6-A&G Backs
    2-Blacks
    2-Flags
    Marcus Giles Jersey
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Any news on other big pulls like GW hair, Castro, or Dog Paw print? I hope someone on our board get one of these.
  • Options
    Box 4
    14-Minis
    4-A&G
    3-Blacks
    2-Flags
    1-NNO Reg Mini Alex Rodriguez
    Eric Chavez Pants
  • Options
    Hi Folks, here is my trade list for now. I am collecting the black mini's and the a&g back minis, so i have about 400 white minis to trade....too many to list. I will list my wants for a&g backs and black backs soon. Wanted to get this out there and hopefully get some trades cooking.

I will trade white minis in fair ratios for black and a&g backs.

2007 A&G needs
    --------------
    emperors: e1, e7, e8
    Snakes: s2, s3, s4, s5
    Flags: Australia, belgium, canada, chile, china, costarica, denmark, honduras, ireland, israel(3), italy, mexico,nigeria,panama,phillipines, puerto rico, spain, taiwan,usa
    Black minis: too many to list
    A&g minis: too many to list

2007 A&G Extras to trade
    ------------------------
    Cabinet box loader: south korea
    N43 loader: pujols, a-rod, Ch Felicity Dimaond Jim
    Jersey Relics: Roberts, Winn, Zito, Kotchman, Marcus Giles (2), Chavez(2), I-Rod(2), Rolen(5), Tejada(2)
    Bat relics: Giambi, Miguel Cabrera, beltran, tracy
    A-rods: ask - I don't need any of them.
    No # white mini: corey patterson
    Emperors: e6, e4
    Flags: algeria(2),france(2),germany(3),greenland(2),india,ivory coast,japan(2),kenya, netherlands,norway,russian fed(2),switz,uae
    Black minis: rollins 205, torre 172, fischer(174),green(99),kazmir(190), hafner(287)
    A&G back minis: 18, 28x2, 41, 57x2, 88, 93x2,108,118,126, 131, 138, 139, 156,182,199,202x2,229,232,259,269x2,277,288,291
    Normal minis: too many to list
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I got 2 rolen jerseys as well!
  • Options
    Now that I've done some math, I have had a few people ask me what a fair ratio for trading might be. Let me make this suggestion, and by all means anyone can dispute this and can trade however they wish, just my thoughts here.

Obviously, stars and key rc's will garner a premium, but for most cards I think this works:

black mini SP = 8
    Black mini = 4

a&g back mini SP = 6
    a&g back mini = 3

normal mini SP = 4
    normal mini = 2

I am starting with the normal mini being 2 just so there are no fractions for the math-phobic. These numbers are unit-less...and just to be used for determining trade values.

I have done a bunch of buying and searching on ebay recently and this seems to reflect the marketplace: mini's can be had in lots for about .40-.50 per, while a&g backs are closer to .60-.75, and blacks are closer to 1.10-1.20 each

SP's are worth 2x a base card since the print runs for sp's (across all parallels) are exactly half the print run of full prints.

Looking at the numbers above these all are equivalent values:

12 minis = 6 mini sp's = 8 a&g = 4 a&g sp's = 6 black = 3 black sp's
  • Options
    oh man, I hit target tonight and looky what I found in a box:

4 came home with me.

Kevin
  • Options
    Just to see if my math brain is working, in that equasion above, would I be correct in assuming that a common black SP (no number) which is a 1:130 pull from a pack, would garner only 4 regular back white minis?
  • Options
    ...or you could just go by beckett's value from last year.

Kevin
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    most of the boxes I cracked had 2 black minis per 24 packs - sometimes 3 but don't think i got more than 3 (not counting whether SP or not, just black)
    and anywhere from 12 to 14 white minis, 6 AG minis (at most - usually 5) and 2 flags

without going with what the ratios on the packs say, i would think 6 reg mins for 1 black would be fair trading with a black SP getting maybe 10 or more reg minis for it
  • Options
    3 regulars for 1 A&G and 6 regulars for 1 black seems right/fair for the way they are seeded in packs. I understand about the eBay sales/pricing, but we trade here to avoid buying, so really the per pack ratio (which has been talked about a lot on here) would be more of the deciding trade factor to me. Its hard to trade 1 black for 2 regulars (or even 3 regulars) when it took me just about 12 packs to get that black, and only 2 packs to get those regulars.
  • Options
    Box 5
    13-Minis
    6-A&G back
    2-Flags
    1-Black
    1-Emperor
    Randy Winn Jersey
  • Options
    You guys are right....this needs some work!

If you look at the odds heres what you'd get in 130 packs:

130 packs: (~5 1/2 boxes)

130 minis total (always one in every pack):

1 black mini sp
    12 black minis
    24 a&g back minis
    2 a&g back sp minis
    12 flags (just a guess based on experience)
    3 emperors (just a guess based on experience
    1 no # white mini
    0 snakes (haven't seen one in a retail pack-only blasters and hobby cases)
    10 mini sp's
    65 minis

So based on that, I'd say 5 normal minis = 2 a&g backs = 1 black

But the current going rate on ebay is: 5 normals = 2 black = 3 a&g backs. But I agree with Nick, let's discount that because we are a non-buying community at our best.

Sp's are another matter - can't really expect proper results from ebay because its too early and its not predictable...and there aren't that many sp and black sp's being sold to really get a handle on it.

I was using 2x for sp's because their print run is 1/2 of the normal print run. But maybe the illustration above is better for gauging it.

fyi, last years mini, a&g back, and black mini odds were the same as this years.
    And beckett lists them as such:

normal size: 0.10 to 0.30 (I averaged commons and semistars)
    normal size SP: 1.25 to 3.00 ( = ~10x normal size non-sp)
    normal mini: 1.5x to 4x normal size
    normal mini SP: 0.6x to 1.5x normal size SP (Or...6x to 15x normal size non-sp)
    a&g back mini: 3x to 8x normal size (Or...2x normal mini...or )
    a&g back sp: 1x to 2.5x normal size SP (Or...2x normal mini SP)
    black mini: 6x to 15x normal size (Or....2x a&g)
    black sp: 1.5x to 4x normal size SP

So if you run those numbers and pick the middle of the range for all numbers you get:

normal = .20
    normal sp = 2.00
    mini = .55
    mini sp = 2.00
    a&g mini = 1.10
    a&g mini SP = 4.00
    black mini = 2.20
    black mini sp = 6.00

Which gets down to this 24 minis = 12 a&g minis = 6 black minis = 2 black mini sp = 3 a&g mini sp's = 6 mini sp's

I think i like it. Why didn't we listen to Kevin in the first place?

• Options
    Box 6
    15-Minis
    6-A&G
    2-Black
    2-Flag
    Ervin Santana Auto
  • Options
    All these numbers are hurting my head. LOL If anyone wants to trade with me, here's how i'll be trading:

1 regular back mini for 1 regular back mini

1 A&G back mini for 2.5 regular back minis

1 black mini for 5 regular back minis