Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2007 Allen and Ginter

Comments

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone heard from TZAHL (Travis) lately? This was his thread, and he was so psyched to get into A&G. Havent seen him anywhere on the boards at all lately.
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Yes, this thread is a ton of fun.
    I've received several trade requests from members, and I promise I'll be ready to trade soon. In the mean time the link in my SIG. is now working, it is a complete list of the cards that I've pulled out of my 7 Blasters.
    I just can't make up my mind as to what I'm going to try for. Base?? Base Mini? I need some advice here...... Should I just buy more boxes??
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Hi folks. Just like Zep and Kurt, I will be ready to trade en masse, once I get my 2 retail cases from Lockwood. Who knows when that will be. I am going for the mini set (mix of backs if necessary, just like nam (nick)). I am also going for the blacks....so if anyone here is not doing blacks, please let me know, even with your great help I am sure it will be a long road. I will trade all my relics (3 so far), and autos (2 so far - morneau, rodman /200) towards black borders.

I will also do the flags, emperors, and snakes (since i was lucky enough to get one from the single blaster i bought).

Good luck to you all, and let's get 'em!
  • Options
    Has it been confirmed what is with the no # black border cards ? I have read several times that they are error's, but does each player have a mix of # and no # black border ?
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    As far as the black backs are concerned, a card is either numbered on the back or its not, there are no variations, however the no numbers are going
    for quite a bit more on ebay.

Kevin
  • Options
    CubsFan41CubsFan41 Posts: 513 ✭✭
    I love the groundhog day card. Kudos to Blowout cards. Ordered two boxes sunday night. Got them today free shipping. Results to follow.
    Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • Options
    Box 1 of 2

12 sp
    13 reg mini
    3 sp mini
    4 a&G back
    3 black mini with #
    2 flags
    Coco crisp bat
    Marcus Giles Jersey
  • Options
    Box 2/2 Almost as disappointing as the first. This is my third box with no ink and 0 black no number minis.

N43 Bruce Lee
    12 sp
    14 reg mini
    3 A&G back mini
    2 black with #
    2 flags
    1 sp mini
    1 reg mini no # H Truman
    1 snake Copperhead
    Glaus bat
    Irod jersey

I did get another groundhog day card.image
  • Options
    This may seem dumb but I'm curious as to why 2006 boxes of A&G go for close to $200 while 2007 goes for half that? Better inserts/hits/etc.?
  • Options
    mosaicmosaic Posts: 700

<< <i>This may seem dumb but I'm curious as to why 2006 boxes of A&G go for close to $200 while 2007 goes for half that? Better inserts/hits/etc.? >>

Pure supply and demand. Similar good mix of cards and guarateed hits, but there aren't a lot of unopened 06 boxes left. You could get an 06 box for under $100 when they shipped. By October, they were running $140 a box. Christmas pushed them up to around $180-200 a box, where they've been ever since.

It's too soon to say for sure, but judging from positive reaction and prices already rising from $85 to $110 on average, it looks like the 07 boxes are on the same upward pattern.
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    2006 is a better product than 2007, which is spread over more packs. Last year there were at least 5 autos per case, and many HOF'ers! This year you are lucky
    to get 3 and the names aren't as great. You just can't beat a checklist with Danica, Tyson, Ripken and Hulk Hogan in it!

Kevin
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Blasters have hit central California. Picked up four on the way home from work. I'll bust in a bit.

Geordie
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Blasters are busted. Got the requisite number of SPs, and hit a mother lode of 1/1 Perez cards. I think I can get a pretty decent price for each of them and be able to use the money towards a complete set of 2001 Topps Heritage chrome - what do you guys think?

Minis were ok - 5 blacks (all w/ no number). All the rest were either base mini or A&G backs. No emporers, snakes or no number variations. One ARod and one GU (Miguel Cabrera). First time I've held one of the cards inside the funky border. Am I the only one that is tempted to take the thing out of the weird little window and collect them that way?

At any rate, I've got a little trade bait. If anyone is doing the minis, I can still use almost all the Dodgers. Let me know.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the two flags - Iceland and Portugal. If I collect anything besides the Dodgers and a 1-350 regular set, it might be these cool little flag cards. Very neat.

Geordie
  • Options
    Is it just me, or are the thick "1/1" sketch cards actually decoys? I think the originals are minis and are inserts in the Rip Cards... I got the thick regular-sized Joe Mauer and saw the tiny 1/1 but no triangular sticker on the back, which makes me think they are just a regular insert/decoy.
    Kobe Who? image At least Dwyane pays proper respect to Da Big Aristotle image

Yes, I collect shiny modern crap image

All your Shaq are belong to me image
  • Options
    Geordie funny you should mention cutting the mini relic card out of the frame, I said the same thing to nam812 the other day. I've got sheets coming for my minis (sheets will be here before my cards) and thought the mini relics would look pretty cool in them.
  • Options
    I think the Sketch cards a 1 in every two pack in the blaster boxes.
    As for taking the mini autos, and GU's out of the cheesey frame, I'm going to leave mine in the frame strickly for protection. Much like a PSA slab, but they would look way better out of the frame.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Geordie,

Those insert cards with the 1/1 are nothing special. Topps just forgot to airbrush that out for those cards (there are really 1/1 sketch cards, but they are inside rip cards). In the Hobby boxes, you get 1 a pack.

Kurt
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    Well got an email from Lockwood today saying that he had the A&G cases and would be shipping them out today via UPS, so maybe by Wed. or Thurs. I'll see them. NAM812 picked his up in person so we should have a report on retail case pulls sometime today.
  • Options
    Disapointed in the Retail box I got at Target today. 24+plus 2 extra pack from the next box.
    It says 1 per box but no dice
    Autos 0
    Relics 0
    Printing plates 0
    Original A&G 0
    as for the other stuff
    AROD 1
    Emperor 1
    Flags 2
    minis 14
    Minis A&G backs 6
    white mini nno 0
    Black mini 3 (no numbers)
    Snakes 0
    I'd rather keep busting Blasters. So if your keeping score that 82 total packs busted. 1 auto 0 relecsimage
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Doran,

Kind of makes you feel like a kid without a baseball glove sitting watching everybody else play waiting for the cases, doesn't it?

Kurt
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    Bought my first blaster today at Wal-Mart. I think I did decent but no autos or relics.

3 SPs (colon,Lee, Ali)
    5 reg. minis
    1 Black mini with number- Utley
    1 black mini NNO-Chris Duncan
    1 Ginter back mini- Francisco Rodriguez

Minis will probably be put on ebay soon. Overall though not horrible but nothing amazing. I confused the hell out of my friend and girlfriend trying to explain the variations haha.
  • Options
    Kurt, you are exactly right, I did make it to Target today and found 19 retail packs, nothing special 1 mini black of a scrub. The sheets that I ordered for my minis came in today, so I did put my few minis in those, can't wait to put the mini set together I think I like them better than the regular set.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    ouch, that's harsh - good luck with the next blaster.

I'm picking up 4 more hobby boxes on the way home tonight. Rainy and cold here and nothing else to do.

LOL started typing that 30 minutes ago to David but forgot to hit the reply button and now there's 3 replies in between
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    2 blasters and a hobby box, this thread seems like too much fun,. oculd someone repost the Sp list, or whatever else I shoudl be looking for?
  • Options
    If you click on the "my 2007 A&G" link in my SIG. it pulls up a ckecklist of the set. The cards in red are the SP's
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Hey David I like that list you are using. Do you have a blank copy of that I could get
  • Options
    Glad you like it.
    I don't really have a blank one but you can copy and paste it into an excell spreadsheet or you can go to google docs and paste it into your own online spreadsheet.
    I've been keeping track of my cards on Google Spreadsheets for a couple of months now. It's cool because you can have a spreadsheet with tabs, and then share the tabs you want to share with anyone. That's what I'm doing with this one. I don't know my way around it very well yet but I'm learning.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭
    Opened 4 blasters.
    3 stunk up the joint.
    1 was pretty good.

The "good" one had
    -mussina relic
    -black mamba snake mini
    -271 arod HR
    -honduras flag

Also got
    francoueur black mini
    joe torre black mini
    renteria black mini
    corey paterson black mini
    15 short prints
    7 a&g backed mini's
    2 sp mini's (maddux,obrien)

will trade for football.
  • Options
    OK Guys, as Doran (Heritage Addict) already mentioned, I picked up my retail case from Lockwood in person this afternoon. I will open it box by box on here so we can all get a good idea what to expect in retail cases. Here is box 1:

Box 1:

12 SPs
    2 Mini blacks
    2 Mini Flags
    14 regular back minis
    5 A&G back minis
    1 Snake (Copperhead)
    Mark Mulder Pants
    1 Arod
    11 more stupid perez cards

The good news is that snake odds arent listed on the retail packs, and yet I got one. Doran had thought that wood minis might not be in retail packs since the odds for woods were not on the packs. I can't say that woods are in the retail packs yet, but that theory didn't hold true for the snakes. 7 more boxes to come.
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    I would really like to finish up my full-size card set. Here is my whole trade list. No retail in Pittsburgh yet.

I need the following full-size SPs.

119 Hunter Pence, 194 Francisco Cordero, 203 Justin Verlander, 222 Rocco Baldelli, 224 Josh Bard, 306 Morgan Ensberg, 317 Michael Bourn, 320 Barry Bonds, 325 Grady Sizemore, 330 Bob Green, 336 Misty May-Treanor, 340 Placido Polanco

I have these SPs to trade.

130 Jason Schmidt, 137 Jason Irsinghausen, 159 Michael Barrett, 193 Rich Hill, 219 Dan Uggla, 243 Brad Hawpe, 263 Jim Edmonds, 301 Chris Duncan, 302 Augie Garrido, 308 Mark Zupan, 316 Dan O'Brien, 318 Johnny Gomes, 321 Gary Hall Jr., 331 Dennis Rodman, 334 Gustavo Molina, 335 Bartolo Colon, 345 Sammy Sosa, 349 Jesse Litsch

I am looking for the following regular minis, A&G backs and Black Borders.

10 Jason Bay, 19 Mario Andretti, 53 Ferris Wheel, 59 Ian Snell, 68 Joe B. Scott, 157 Freddy Adu, 183 Groundhog Day, 197 Greg Louganis, 201 Freddy Sanchez, 223 Xavier Nady, 272 Mia Hamm, 276 Zach Duke, 312 Chris Duffy, 319 Ken Jennings, 327 Ted Toles, 339 Jason McElwain, 350 Adam LaRoche

I have the following minis to trade.

8 Howie kendrick
    11 Hank Blalock
    12 Johan Santana
    18 Mariano Rivera
    28 Willie Randolph
    31 Kenji Johjima
    35 J.D. Drew
    49 J.J. Putz
    66 Bill Hall
    74 Ervin Santana
    81 Mike Sweeney
    95 Hanley Ramirez
    97 Doug Slaten
    116 Josh Fields
    142 Orlando Hudson
    159 Michael Barrett
    166 Derek Lee
    170 Gary Sheffield
    176 Bronson Arroyo
    180 Alfonso Soriano
    200 David Wright
    212 B.J. Upton
    215 Luiz Gonzales
    220 Ryan Zimmerman
    225 Raul Ibanez
    227 Matt DeSalvo
    230 Jose Reyes
    254 Chris Stewart
    256 Hideki Matsui
    262 Mark Loretta
    269 Franklin D. Roosevelt
    289 Jim Leyland
    292 Brian Giles
    305 Jeremy Bonderman
    315 Corey Patterson
    325 Grady Sizemore
    329 Vernon Wells
    330 Bob Green
    331 Dennis Rodman
    347 Anibal Sanchez

A&G Backs

33 Elijah Dukes
    51 Dan Haren
    56 Chien-Ming Wang
    58 Mike Mussina
    72 Miguel Olivo
    112 Eric Bedard
    122 Magglio Ordonez
    143 Brian Bannister
    148 Kenny Rogers
    160 Frank Thomas
    162 Stanley Glenn
    190 Scott Kazmir
    217 Hideki Okajima
    234 Joe Crede
    250 Brandon Webb
    267 Reggie Sanders
    271 Wes Helms
    278 Julio Juarez
    282 Josh Johnson
    286 Khalil Greene
    287 Travis Hafner
    296 Adrian Beltre
    307 J. J. Hardy
    321 Gary Hall Jr.

Black Border

2 Mike Gonzalez
    66 Bill Hall
    85 Ivan Rodriguez
    171 Luis Castillo
    173 Andy LaRoche
    220 Ryan Zimmerman
    232 Greg Zaun
    292 Brian Giles

I have the following relics to trade.

Marcus Giles

I could use National Pride #5 Canada

I have the following to trade.

NP2 Okajima, Iwamura, Johima, Iguchi

Please PM with trade offers.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    Box 2:

12 SPs
    2 Mini blacks (Xavier Nady & Matt Murton both with no number)
    2 Mini Flags
    15 regular back minis
    5 A&G back minis
    Paul Konerko bat
    1 Arod
  • Options
    I just read over on the Beckett board where somebody pulled a 1/1 Wood Barry Bonds from retail, so I guess the woods are in retail as well.
  • Options
    I get home with 4 more boxes from the same case I started on last night.
    Crack the first pack, no mini. 2nd pack, no mini. WTF? I had a box last night with 12 packs with no minis so this made me nervous.
    next few packs had minis. then another missing one. At the end of the box, I got a pack with 2.

so - ended up with 22 minis from this box:
    2 black
    12 reg (Griffey Jr) + needed 8 of these - sweet!!
    5 AG
    2 flags
    1 Emperor
    Brian Roberts jersey
    Chad Tracy bat

• Options
    Okay, I broke down and bought a blaster after saying I am done buying for the year. I have no clue what I have but here are some that I got:

1 Arod 500 card
    Barry Bonds mini
    Curtis Granderson mini has an A&G back, different than the others
    Nick Swisher Dick Perez
    Grady Sizemore Dick Perez
    Delmon Young Dick Perez
    Scott Podsednick bat with a clear frame around it.
    1 non baseball card - Mia Hamm

SP's
    Justin Verlander
    Placido Polanco
    BobGeren
    Hunter Pence (in the pack of only 5 cards)

I also got a pack with only 5 cards in it. What is up with that?

Let me know if anyone is interested in buying any of these as I'm not going for anything.

Tim
  • Options
    Box 2 - much better (and all the minis were where they belonged)

1 Bazooka Adam LaRoche 15/25
    2 black minis
    14 reg minis (needed all of them) Jeter, Clemens, Groundhog, Susan B Anthony, PT Barnum
    5 AG minis
    2 flags
    Another Brian Roberts jersey
    Vlad bat

company on the way over now, might not get to the rest till tomorrow
  • Options
    Box 3:

12 SPs
    4 Mini blacks (Barry Zito & Rocco Baldelli both with no number)
    2 Mini Flags
    12 regular back minis
    5 A&G back minis
    1 Emporer
    Eric Chavez pants
    1 Arod
  • Options
    Finall found 3 blasters at Target on my way home from work after checking several in the area. Came away with a Greg Maddux No # white mini, Stanley Glenn Bazooka, B.J Ryan Bazooka and a Nick Swisher relic. Over the last week I have opened 14 hobby boxes so I will post the results from those later.
  • Options
    Box 4:

12 SPs
    2 Mini blacks
    2 Mini Flags
    14 regular back minis
    6 A&G back minis
    Mike Mussina pants
    1 Arod
  • Options
    Here are the hits from from the 14 Hobby boxes I have opened over the past week:

Autos:
    Kerri Walsh
    Joe B. Scott
    Maicer Izturis
    Russell Martin
    Mia Hamm redemption (very suprised to see this as I already had received 2 relics from the box)

Craig Biggio Black Printing Plate
    Jake Peavy cyan Printing Plate

Paul Konerko Rip Card /99 ->produced a Russell Martin grey back mini

Ryan Braun Bazooka
    Ted Lilly Bazooka
    Greg Maddux Bazooka

Doug Mikentkiewicz No # white mini
    Jose Reyes No # white mini

Relics
    Keith Olbermann
    Brian Cashman
    Eric Gagne x2
    Ivan Rodriguez
    Dontrelle Willis
    Stephen Drew
    Vladimir Guerrero
    Eric Chavez
    Miguel Cabrera x 2
    Coco Crisp
    Paul Lo Duca
    Randy Winn
    Derek Lee
    Adam LaRoche
    Trot Nixon
    Rich Harden
    Marcus Giles x 2
    Scott Rolen
    Brian Roberts
    Corey Patterson
    Mike Mussina

I did not buy a case all at once, I picked up a couple boxes from several different stores in the area over the past week. Overall I am pretty happy, especially since a couple of the boxes had more than 2 relics/auto's/plates.
    I am still working on sorting all the other mini's and regular cards. Once I get everything sorted I will put together a list of my extra's as I will be trying to put together a regular mini set and an A&G back mini set along with the regular set(s).

It has been a long time since I have bought this many boxes, but I would go back for 1 more box and walk out with 2 or 3. Now I just have to resist the urge to buy any more. I am really glad I stumbled upon this place, it has been fun following everyone's breaks for the last week.

• Options
    Looks like you pulled some pretty nice stuff with those 14 boxes

good list
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Hey JPws6 - I'm interested in any black mini's you want to trade or sell.

thanks, Jim
  • Options
    Finally found three more blasters tonight.

Blaster 1:
    3- Perez
    4- SP's
    1- Arod 500
    4- Reg. Minis
    1- Black Mini #251 Andy Pettitte
    2- A&G Minis
    1- Flag
    Brian Roberts Jersey
  • Options
    Box 5:

12 SPs
    3 Mini blacks
    2 Mini Flags
    13 regular back minis
    5 A&G back minis
    Scott Rolen Jersey
    1 Arod
  • Options
    Box 3 (all the minis are belong to me)

Mickey Mantle bat
    3 black mini (Bruce Lee, Ken Jennings,
    4 AG minis
    2 flags
    15 reg minis (needed 9)
    Rich Harden jersey

• Options

<< <i>Finall found 3 blasters at Target on my way home from work after checking several in the area. Came away with a Greg Maddux No # white mini, Stanley Glenn Bazooka, B.J Ryan Bazooka and a Nick Swisher relic. Over the last week I have opened 14 hobby boxes so I will post the results from those later. >>

NICE!!!! 2 bazookas in 3 blasters, holy crap!!!
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    Blaster 2:

3- Perez
    4- SP's
    1- Arod 500
    3- Reg. Minis
    3- A&G minis
    1- Black Mini 111 Scott Hatteberg
    1-flag
    Ryan Zimmerman Auto
  • Options
    i am 11 cards short of 3 sets (regular size w/sp). i will post what i need later tonight. on that note... anyone want to trade for one of my 07 sets? i would REALLY like to get my hands on an 06 set, if someone has one maybe we could work something out?

i am still debating on going for a mini set or a GU set.
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    Box 6:

12 SPs
    2 Mini blacks
    2 Mini Flags
    14 regular back minis
    5 A&G back minis
    1 snake (2nd snake in this 8 box retail case)
    Jason Giambi bat
    1 Arod
  • Options
    Blaster #3:

3- Perez
    4- SP's
    2- A&G Minis
    4- Reg. Minis
    1- Black Mini NNO Daisuke Matsuzaka

Sammy Sosa Bat Relic

Nothing amazing, but by far the best three blasters I have opened to this point.
  • Options
    Box 4

3 black minis
    6 AG minis
    2 flags
    1 snake (copperhead)
    12 reg minis (needed 10)
    Stephen Drew jersey
    Kerri Walsh auto

Dice-K and Okajima RCs
    Dice-K sketch

these 4 boxes took a nice chunk out of the minis I need.

withdrawals are already starting to set in