Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

The Official 2007 TOPPS HERITAGE Thread

Comments

• BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    I have posted on the BST my Want/Trade list for the Heritage.

2007 Heritage Want/Trade List

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bunker,

Alot of us have not even seen a pack yet. Its so early man! Plenty of trading to come !

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Pulled a Zito Clubhouse Collection Group D and a black Loretta.
  • TZAHLTZAHL Posts: 649 ✭✭
    I have pack envy as I am still patiently awaiting.
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
    2003 Topps Heritage chrome and seat relics
    2006 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2007 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2008 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2006 Topps Heritage and Topps Chrome football
  • magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have pack envy as I am still patiently awaiting. >>

Same here but they're supposed to ship tomorrow Travis ! image
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • psu92psu92 Posts: 283
    I have pack envy big time! Hopefully, my 2 boxes arrive today.image
  • Has anyone seen the Nick Swisher SP w/o the yellow name? After cracking 2 cases I ahve 7 yellow name Swishers and 0 regular SPs. I also looked on ebay and it appears that all active and completed items are for the Yellow variation. DOES THIS CARD EXIST?
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I have only pulled one yellow. This is why I hold off on putting my sets in sheets

Kevin
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Still NO retail blasters image
  • ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

C'mon guys, how are we supposed to live vicariously through you without the damn scans?!?!
  • Here is a pic of some of my White Sox cards:

• Wow, these really are great looking cards. Hopefully today is the day I receive my couple of boxes.

• << <i>Has anyone seen the Nick Swisher SP w/o the yellow name? After cracking 2 cases I ahve 7 yellow name Swishers and 0 regular SPs. I also looked on ebay and it appears that all active and completed items are for the Yellow variation. DOES THIS CARD EXIST? >>

look closely at your Swisher's the letters are both yellow but one is bolder than the other, this is the variation. No white letter Swisher's. I am at work ,but will try to scan and post later tonite.
    Whoever said we wash away with the rain ?

• << <i>image

C'mon guys, how are we supposed to live vicariously through you without the damn scans?!?! >>

Thank you ajw!! Exactly what I've been thinking.

I wasn't going to get any Heritage this year - but as I see more pics they're starting to look better.
    << image >>
  • TZAHLTZAHL Posts: 649 ✭✭
    I despise that "Rookie Card" logo.
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
    2003 Topps Heritage chrome and seat relics
    2006 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2007 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2008 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2006 Topps Heritage and Topps Chrome football
    This is the best of box #6- 2 chromes, 1 refractor, GU Jersy and 8 SP's. There were also a handful of yellow variations. I just about have my base set knocked out. I am going to update my want/trade list tonight when I get home from work.

The 6 boxes that I have opened so far have all came from the same case. I have a box that I preordered from ebay that has not arrived yet. So far no ink image

BTW I am scanning these from the scanner at work and it is a total POS

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is a pic of some of my White Sox cards:

image >>

Not quite over the Rowand trade, eh Brian? image

My case is so close I can almost taste it. Supposed to be here tomorrow. Anyone know if FedEx will allow someone to drive to a distribution center and pick up an item early?

Geordie

• ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    I love the Jason Bay All-Star card, as I love the 1958 All-Stars. Are any of the All-Stars short prints? Any idea what a fair price would be for the All-Star set 476-495?
    The Jason Bay A.S. card is a real nice looking card. I wish my scanner at work was not such garbage. He is numbered 514/558

I know that there are cards numbered to 1958 and 558. What about numbered to 58?

JDRF Donation
  • I believe the black refractors are #/58. Has anybody pulled one yet?
    Shannon - I see on your '07 Heritage page that you're done with the chrome set already? Wow, that's quick work!

Geordie
  • A couple of local collectors really helped me out. I traded them a bunch of 1982 and 1983 baseball that they needed for their sets. I still need the Jeter's though. I'm probably going to put my SP's on eBay but keep everything else available for trade.

Shannon

• << <i>Not quite over the Rowand trade, eh Brian? image

Geordie >>

LOL! I know, I know....
  • paleocardspaleocards Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭
    Opened my first box of 2007 Heritage in front of the 1st televised spring training game this past Sunday (Cubs got shellacked by the ChiSox), a tradition I started last Spring that I hope to continue for many years to come. Leisurely opened packs while watching ball, can't get any better than that, especially when I pulled this beauty about 2/3 of the way through the box...

I've had a pretty good run of luck pulling autos out of Heritage, considering I've never bought a case (usually 3-5 hobby boxes and 5-7 retail blasters per year).

In 2005:

and

In 2006:

• softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job paleo! The only ink I have pulled with my case buying is a blue ink Paul Minner in 2005 image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Paleo, have I tried to pry that Swanson from you before?
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • I've managed to pull ink three of the last four years. I need to buy a case of 2006!!!

From a retail blaster

From a retail blaster

And the Bunning from this year in a hobby box.
  • Nice autos. I have pen envy.
  • ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    Are any of the All-Stars short prints?

482 Edgar Renteria National League
    483 Derek Jeter American League
    491 Ivan Rodriguez American League
    492 Brad Penny Natl. League

I have doubles of the Jeter. It does not appear to be one of the tough SPs. The IRod was a bear.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Jeter and Penny are SP's. And it just so happens I need the Jeter! Looking to trade?

Shannon
  • Oops Arch, I got excited. Looks like you were replying to a post. Calm down, Shannon!

Shannon
  • magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice autos. I have pen envy. >>

LOL

I've had quite good luck with autos, hauled 5-6 out of 2006, 3-4 out of 2003, 1 out of 2002 plus an Aaron auto. redemption Topps wouldn't honor (expired).

Shannon, the 2006 Heritage are cheaper now than last year.

Thanks for the scans guys. I'm about 50% complete on a '57 Topps set, it's always been one of my favorites so I figured 2006 Heriatge would also be my favorite..........uh-uh these 2007's are nicer, really like the colors.

Hoping for case rippage by week's end.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?

<< <i>Thanks for the scans guys. I'm about 50% complete on a '57 Topps set, it's always been one of my favorites so I figured 2006 Heriatge would also be my favorite..........uh-uh these 2007's are nicer, really like the colors. >>

Dave, you are so right about the colors of this year's set. Because I am such a huge fan of the '57 set, I was really looking forward to last year's Heritage, but was very disappointed with the faded look of the set. Yeah, the '57 set is a bit faded, but not as washed out as Topps made it out to be with their Heritage reprint. This year's colors are so vibrant.

Geordie (counting the hours until I can tackle the FedEx driver....)

• << <i>Are any of the All-Stars short prints?

482 Edgar Renteria National League
    483 Derek Jeter American League
    491 Ivan Rodriguez American League
    492 Brad Penny Natl. League

I have doubles of the Jeter. It does not appear to be one of the tough SPs. The IRod was a bear. >>

Theya re all SPs.
  • Has anyone found a Nick Swisher that didn't ahve the yellow team name? I have 6 or seven of the yellows, but no standard version. UGH
  • In the middle of busting two cases.

First case was terrific. One auto and another thing I have to mail in for an auto plus a black-boarder. Many Clubhouse collection (A-Rod, Duke Snider, and Al Kaline relic. , about 50 Mantles (Did you notice that in every pack you got a Mantle, you also got an SP? Also happened in the Clubhouse Collection, Got to get back in the rip party.

One story, my wife, not a collector, pulls the auto and says! dAMMIT, LOOK, SOMEBODY WROTE ALL OVER THIS CARD!

Got home today from work to find my 3 year old climbing on one of my Heritage cases! Luckily Topps uses very sturdy cardboard!
  • My second case didn't yield any ink, but I I did get a Black refracto BJ Ryan, Berra GU Bat, Brooks Robinson GW Pants, Eddie Yost Seat, and 4 other clubhouse cards.

In 2 cases I ahve yet to pull a Jeter #5 or a #58 non yellow Nick Swisher. I am still missing 3 Mantles, and a Washington Senators felt. Everything else I have. I also have a ton of extra SPs and singles so hit me up w/ what you need. Here is my needs list:

Team Variations - 79

SPs
    5 , 58 x2, 139, 185, 203, 285, 302, 321, 383, 393, 482

Base
    3, 42 x2, 56, 74x3, 78, 182 x2, 206, 227, 255, 290, 364, 390x3, 463

Mantle
    7, 25, 38

NAP

TN
    6, 8
    Felt
    Washington
    Best draws from case #1.

• Man that Wright is PRETTY. I'll trade you 2007 Topps Jeter/Mantle/Bush for it! LOL

<< <i>Man that Wright is PRETTY. I'll trade you 2007 Topps Jeter/Mantle/Bush for it! LOL >>

If I win Mega Millions tonight, I'll give someone on this board the Wright!
    I just busted 6 more hobby boxes. Didn't do that great. 4 GU and no autos. Only a few refractors. I did get a bunch off my list. Here I am
    14 boxes into and I still don't have Then and Now 8.

A few things:

Im starting to see a lot of roller marks on these cards. They seem to come in spurts, but the short prints are affected. Topps will be getting
    them back for replacment.

I still need more info on the Swisher card

I have 56 total Mantle cards, but not a complete 41 card set yet...actually I still need 11 of them!!!

Did topps put all the black refractors in retail??

Kevin
  • I have pulled 2 Black refractors from my 2 cases. Looks like one per case is going to be the number. Didn't you pull your boxes from 2 different cases and get 2 autos. Consider yourself ahead on the autos. I would say that makes up for 0 refractors. image I have cracked 25 boxes and only pulled 1 auto. image
  • Can anyone confirm if retail is out at any of the targets/walmarts around them?
    Ryan
  • Was at Wal-mart tonight, no heritage.
  • ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    I checked Target and Walmart. No dice.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Appreciate it fellas. Guess I wont be making a target/walmart run tonight!
    Ryan
    I have updated my want/trade list. I have added more SP's

2007 Heritage Trade/Want List

JDRF Donation
    In the past Retail has been out around 7 days after hobby, so that means any day now. If your walmart is anything like mine there
    is a two week space between stocks....so if you are lucky you have a walmart that puts it out when they get it, rather than putting
    it back for the reps to stock the shelves.

The idea is to keep checking daily. You can't let someone else get them! LOL

Kevin
    I plan on hitting the Wal-Mart and the Target's in my area. Maybe I will get an auto that way.

JDRF Donation