5 Chrome
    1 Refractor
    Morneau Bat
    Berra Bat
    8 Mantles
    3 T & N
    3 NAP (weird, 2 Clemens)
    4 Flashbacks

I pulled the checklist from the Topps site and card 220 is not on there.

Now to sort through the variations, SPs, etc.

Kurt
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    220 is the Dice-Man, Matsusaki, the Red Sox pitcher. He looked terrific tonight against Boston College. He pitched two innings. The first batter doubled (he knew he was coming at him with a fastball) and then Dice-Man put down the next six batters without a sweat. He looked like he was worth $100 million. The two-inning stint was telecast back to Boston on NESN. I think this is his first card.

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys,

As usual I have made my decision late. Did this the last two years too. Only becuase I know how addicted I get. I want IN! Any knowledge on the best place to buy a case?

Dan

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Guys,

As usual I have made my decision late. Did this the last two years too. Only becuase I know how addicted I get. I want IN! Any knowledge on the best place to buy a case?

Dan >>

Dan

Did you check Blowout cards?

I got an email and they still have Heritage listed.

mike

Blowout
    Mike
  • Options
    Mike,

THANKS! I will be there promptly.

Dan

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    So Dice K made the set??? Dang I haven't checked that yet. Can you imagine the first black chrome of him...500 maybe!

Kevin
  • Options
    Japanese collectors will chase Dice-K down and be all over EBay. But I didn't check if he is in chromes
  • Options
    Here is a pic. There is a good selection on ebay. I cringe when I see people BINing these for 30-40 bucks on ebay.

Kevin
  • Options
    220 is not in the checklist on Topps.com are you sure it is in the set?
  • Options
    You need to look at an updated checklist.
  • Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    Although golfcollector is the monniker...I can't stay away from the Heritage..I will post my dupes here later with so please PM if you want em...

Likely will trade for "stuff" I need in the SP's

Can't wait..Bought 4 boxes today at the local shop...$59 a piece!

Dave
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    alright I think I am in. I have not the income for a case so I might have to survive on another box and maybe some blasters...is this doable???

Thanks to all here, I have enjoyed coming back to the fold after so long gone.

Bryans
    On the Yankee Bandwagon since April 22nd, 1979 (my first game).
    ______
    Collecting all Yankees especially:
    Thurman Munson, Yogi Berra, Melky Cabrera!

For my son:
    Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada

MY Baseball Card Page
    My Player Collection Needs
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i>face it you are a Heritage addict !! >>

I think that describes most of us here John. image

I probably won't have my cards until next week, retail is always later but it's great to watch you guys bust & post. Congrats on the Bunning Kevin.

Dan, if you're willing to wait for retail I can give you an email addy where I preordered.

Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    Wow, the scans are looking very nice so far. I just picked up four hobby boxes at my local shop and have four retail boxes on the way. It should be a busy night once the kids get to sleep! I'm only doing the chrome set (#/1958) and all variations of Derek Jeter this year so everything else will be for trade unless I get very lucky and pull some nice ink. I hope to have a trade list up sometime tomorrow so keep those chromes warm for me!

Shannon
    shambo2000
  • Options
    Anybody working on a excel checklist yet? I spent a half a day last year doing that!

• Options
    I have a quick spreadsheet w/ all the SPs. It's nothing special, just something that will print all on one page, easy to read... PM if you want it.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    pm sent Jay

I just opened my first box. Not sure what the SP's are yet, but I did get some nice card. Great looking set. The WS Batting Foes (Pujols and Ordonez) and the Rival Sluggers (Wright and Howard) are fantastic.

My only find was a Dontrelle Wills jersey card - was hoping for an auto.

collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is a pic. There is a good selection on ebay. I cringe when I see people BINing these for 30-40 bucks on ebay.

Kevin >>

Don't cringe Kevin - buy!

This one has a BIN of 100$ - only a real one blue sig.

Sweet lookin card Kev - ebay or personal collection?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Well, eleven packs in to my first box and I pulled a Bunning too!!!

Should I keep, sell or trade????
    We'll see.
  • Options
    I'm dying here - apparently (according to my dealer, and three other local stores I called) the UPS shipment to the Seattle area was delayed by weather, so I'm out of luck until next week. Just killing me to not have my case to start in on tonight...
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Hey Guys,
    I would be interested in any Johan Santana Chromes /1958 or Refractors /558 you pull. (Or Black /58, for that matter). Please PM me if you have any available.

Thanks,
    Mark
  • Options

<< <i>220 is the Dice-Man, Matsusaki, the Red Sox pitcher. He looked terrific tonight against Boston College. He pitched two innings. The first batter doubled (he knew he was coming at him with a fastball) and then Dice-Man put down the next six batters without a sweat. He looked like he was worth $100 million. The two-inning stint was telecast back to Boston on NESN. I think this is his first card. >>

An eBay search using "2007 Topps Heritage" gives 1873 hits, but none seem to be for the Matzusaka card - it would seem like at least one would be up on eBay if that card was available, I wonder what's up...
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    I ordered a box off of ebay today for $59.95 plus $8.00 in shipping. Right after I won the auction he changed his Buy it Now price to $63.95.

I thought for $59.95 it was to good to pass up.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    It's interesting that 3 of us have already pulled a Bunning Auto.
  • Options
    Ill trade you chromes for it!

Kevin
  • Options
    If anyone is collecting the Black Chromes, I have JD Drew and Ervin Santana.
  • Options
    Kevin, I may trade the Bunning for chromes but I would like get a couple of the harder to find Jeter cards for it. That is assuming I decide to trade it.
  • Options
    86nova86nova Posts: 187 ✭✭
    Referring to card #220, Matsuzaka: Are you folks certain that this card is of Matsuzaka? I really question whether this is accurate. The checklist shows it to be Hillebrand, and the card #220 that I have is of Hillebrand. Perhaps he was included in the set with another number, as I do not believe that #220 is Matsuzaka's card. --Craig
  • Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    I am putting together the set with variations but do not collect the inserts or chromes etc.

Here is what I have, would be willing to trade for yellow letter or team variations and SP's I don't have

Alex Rodriguez Road to 500

Cards 67, 69 and 73

Mikey Mantle Home Run numbers

Flashback

Brooks Robinson (2) Red Schoendienst

New Age Performers

Ichiro, Jeter, Clemens, Pujols

Then and Now

Aparicio/Reyes, Podres/haran, Mantle/Ortiz

Chromes

73 - Kirk Benson
    103 - Chad Tracy
    95 - Freddy garcia
    7- Felipe Lopez
    29- Hank Blalock
    Giants Team THC - Checklist

Clubhouse Collection - Gary Sheffield Bat card

Make me offers!

Thanks!

Dave
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    I went to three different Targets around Chicagoland and couldn't find any retail stuff. Maybe next week?
  • Options
    Here's my trade list with three of four boxes opened. I still need to sort SP's and variations.

Base Set: A bunch (I haven't sorted out the sp's and variations yet)

Flashbacks: 1-3-4-7-8-10

Then & Now: 3-4-6-8

New Age Performers: 1-2-4-8-9

Mantle HR Cards: 1-4-9-10-12-14-15-21-26-27-33-34

ARod HR Cards: 55-65-68

Chrome Refractors: THC86 J.D. Drew 435/558 - THC90 Pedro Feliz 451/558

Relic Cards: CCMOT-Miguel Tejada game worn pants

Looking for chromes (#/1958) and all variations of Derek Jeter. PM with offers.

Shannon
    shambo2000
  • Options
    86Nova,
    This is getting interesting. Here is the address of the Topps checklist with Dice-K.

www.topps.com/Sellsheet/AllChecklist.aspx?ReleaseNo=138
  • Options
    86nova86nova Posts: 187 ✭✭
    Pharber,
    It would have been really great, if in fact that was his card, but do not believe that is the case. As Kevin said, it would probably been his first card. Craig
  • Options
    I've been checking EBay to see if any Dice-Kay cards appear and none have. No #220 cards at all. Also looking for #300 -- it's a TBA -- was suppose to be AL and NL Presidents. Also on the proliferation of Bunning cards. He was a late replacement to the Heritage set. Don Larsen was suppose to in set. He was on early sell sheets. But on most recent sell sheets, he was replaced by Bunning.
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    Can someone tell me if Grady Sizemore or Frank Thomas are in the chrome parallel set?

Why couldn't this come out a week sooner? There's a show this weekend, but the dealers there are very unlikely to have opened any in the first couple days after release, if they got any at all. On the bright side, I may be able to find a Jeter card or two for 50 cents.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    I don't think Frank Thomas or Grady Sizemore are on any Chrome insert cards, but Frank Thomas is on a "New Age Perfomer" insert.
    My Topps Heritage site.
  • Options
    I just noticed how watered down the chrome set is. There is no Jeter and Pujols and most of the cards are of common players. Whats
    up with that? I dont even see Arod on the chrome checklist. What gives?

Kevin
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

I just got home from a 15-hour day at work to find my buddies cracking mass amounts of Heritage. I'm in the same boat as Jason - my case won't arrive until Wednesday, and I feel like I'm missing out on all the good stuff! Good things come to those that (have to) wait, I suppose.

For those that are pulling GU relics - please keep me in mind. Since I completed the '01-'06 run, I'm very interested in putting the '07s to bed.

Keep those breaks coming, fellas!

Geordie

p.s. - very nice Bunning, Kevin. You too, Shannon & Jay!
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    220 is Shea Hillenbrand. I got the card, but posted the question before I saw it.

Kurt
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    I'm finding several other switches from the last checklist provided by Topps. Red Sox Devern Hansack (sp) is out and Brian Stokes is in at #167. Brad Radke is out and Shawn Chacon is in at #87 and Victor Martinez is out and Eddie Perez is in at #383. I'm just about finished putting together an Excel Checklist. Anybody want one they can PM me and I'll return it as an attachment.
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    Here is the tally on my factory fresh case.

No Ink

No Black refractors

48 Mantle inserts, yet I am 7 short of the 42-card set. Someone call the ASPCA. Topps will not stop beating this dead horse. I am so effen sick of Mickey Mantle.

12 Arod HRs 10 different

24 Flashbacks

21 NAPs - only 11 different

18 T&Ns - only 7 different

27 Chromes

6 Refractors

7 Clubhouse Collection Relics - all group C or B 5 times very first pack in the box.

Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    ArchStanton

Those subset yields are really disappointing. In the past its been the New Age subset that Ive completed last. Did you at least
    get a set of the felts from your case? Im not to the point yet where I have doubles, but that should come soon. Im thinking
    of buying a case today if the price is right, but now Im not so sure.

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>220 is Shea Hillenbrand. I got the card, but posted the question before I saw it.

Kurt >>

I would imagine Topps is pretty aware of how popular Heritage is, and there's less need for a "hot rookie" card in this set - I wonder if the Matsuzaka card will find its way into the base Series Two set instead...
  • Options
    Has anyone seen a card #145 and if so who it it ?
    It is skipped on the checklist and is not on the SP list.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Regards,
    Charlie G
  • Options
    13 boxes and I haven't seen a card 145.
  • Options
    Ok, answering my own question with "research..."
    Beckett OPG list for 1958 Topps shows that card #145 was "Never Issued". That is why it is skipped on the Checklist.
    Charlie G
  • Options
    Im about to rip 3 boxes...results soon!

Kevin
  • Options
    Oh man, 8 packs into the third box I hit a NICE one. Scans to follow!

Kevin
  • Options
    Well I tried another store. I had bought some expensive stuff there in the past so I was expecting a discount, especially because
    they still have 06 heritage for sale. They wouldn't budge from 65 a box..all I wanted was 5/300....so I put two back and
    take 3. Im glad I did.

Box 1:

First two packs were Jeter SP and Grif SP back to back..nice
    Mantle 3,11,29,40
    Arod 57
    NA 15
    FB 1,9
    TN 3,7
    2 chromes
    1 refractor
    Brooks Robinson Jersey !!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Box 2 aka the dud box:

Mantle 2,6,20,30
    Arod 54
    NAP 3
    TN 5,6
    FB 5,10
    2 chromes
    1 refractor..numbered 1/558

Box 3:

Mantle 6,20,30,41
    NAP 4
    TN 2,4
    FB 8,9
    1 chrome
    2 refractors including Smoltz and the Yankee Team card!!

and
    Perhaps the best card in the real one set? I think Im done with hobby

Kevin
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Nice pull Kevin. Always liked that card, and Brooks is about classy as you get.

collecting various PSA and SGC cards