Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official 2007 TOPPS HERITAGE Thread

Comments

• Options
    I'm hoping that stores may have some in Friday because the release date is Monday. Topps Series one was a day early here. My fingers are crossed.
  • Options
    While just doing a search on eBay I found a couple auctions stating that the release date was 3/2. Topps still says its due out 2/26, but Beckett says 3/2. Anyone have the latest info? Please don't tell me it's pushed out to 3/2.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I almost had a heart attack in walmart today. There is a new product out that looks almost like heritage!! It was one of those tristar
    boxes..find the 1952 pack. Dang. I saw regular topps and walked away. Heritage has always been out before my birthday. A few years
    I have seen retail on my birthday (27th). So keep your fingers crossed.

oh and please stay out of the pillow section. Thanks

Kevin
  • Options
    I am more inclined to believe the Beckett date (3/2) rather than the Topps date (2/26). For this year's Heritage football, when the release date changed, the Topps website never updated with the correct release date.

<< <i>While just doing a search on eBay I found a couple auctions stating that the release date was 3/2. Topps still says its due out 2/26, but Beckett says 3/2. Anyone have the latest info? Please don't tell me it's pushed out to 3/2. >>

• Options
    Local dealer says 3/2 as well. image
  • Options
    my dealer says 3/2 release as well. Should have them by Mond-Tuesd (3-5, 3-6)

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Are we sure it isn't leaving topps 2/26 and arriving at dealers on 3/2? I can always dream!
  • Options
    Did anyone see the Heritage lots in Huggins and Scott? Almost complete lots (autos, relics etc.) from 2001 to 06.
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Options
    What are the chances that Topps may do a Series 2 for Topps Heritage this year? I saw an interesting post on another board asking about a Series 2. Unless I missed them, there are star players missing from Heritage-Griffey, Lee, Ramirez, Wood, & Prior just to name a few. I thinks a Series 2 would be great. What do the rest of you think of a Series 2? Also, is there any fact to the rumor of a Series 2?
  • Options

<< <i>What are the chances that Topps may do a Series 2 for Topps Heritage this year? I saw an interesting post on another board asking about a Series 2. Unless I missed them, there are star players missing from Heritage-Griffey, Lee, Ramirez, Wood, & Prior just to name a few. I thinks a Series 2 would be great. What do the rest of you think of a Series 2? Also, is there any fact to the rumor of a Series 2? >>

Hell no.

First of all, it's going to cost an arm and a leg to put together the regular set as it is.

2nd, you listed five guys, but they'd need another 250-300 to do a series 2. I don't see it happening.
  • Options
    If they tried a series 2 I would be VERY disappointed ........................................................ but I would probably still buy it. image
  • Options
    OK, maybe a Series 2 is not feasible. What if a 100 card update set was released instead?
  • Options
    I hope Topps never strays too far from their current Topps Heritage format, meaning I really don't want to see a Series 2 product introduced.
    My Topps Heritage site.
  • Options
    We have talked about a second series and an updated heritage before and no one here likes the idea. I agree with the above post. Topps
    has a winner here, don't mess that up. I don't like all the subset cards, but topps did listen to us and get rid of the team topps cards (I think)
    Hopefully there will be some surprises too!

Kevin
  • Options
    Ive got a chance to pick up a case for "a few bucks" over cost...anyone know what cost is on a case of this stuff???

Thanks
    Kevin
  • Options
    oh and if anyone needs anything. LMK

Kevin

• Options
    Is that two 800 count boxes full of 2001 SPs? image
    My Topps Heritage site.
  • Options
    Another local dealer told me that it should come in tomorrow. Hopefully he is correct.
  • Options
    The Beckett website is showing 3/2/07 as the release date for Topps Heritage. Is the 3/2/07 date the date the cards are shipped or is that the date hobby stores will have cards on the shelves? Just getting a little anxious for the set to come out.
  • Options
    I'm amazed at the number of 2007 Topps Heritage items are on E-Bay. One dealer is offering a base set plus the traditional three insert sets. I think the insert sets are going to be difficult to put together this year because of the proliferation of Mantle and A-Rod cards. If there are 9 inserts (including MM's and AR's), in a box, if you have perfect collation, it is going to take a case to have one set of Inserts. Yikes!

I hope everyone is in the mood for trading.
  • Options
    rugbymarinerugbymarine Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭
    Anybody see any yet ?? Should be any day now, right ??

Ian
  • Options
    Local shop promises Friday.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Someone has started busting....

image >>

Get EXCITED guys!!!!

The card is stunning!!!!!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Still nothing at the local shop, but UPS doesn't come until <> 1PM. I am taking a late lunch and heading over. Maybe I'll get lucky. fingers are crossed
  • Options
    At 1st I thought the design was suspect (not a fan of 58's) but after seeing those virbrant beauties...I'm in for another year
  • Options
    How much do you think the Kaline Auto will go for ??

• Options
    That Kaline is stunning. If I was to sell, which I wouldn't, I would put a BIN of 300 on it. The market is there!

Kevin
  • Options
    My worst fears are now true. The autos are only one per case, that is complete garbage. I can't invest more than 50 bucks a box in this stuff. Ill have to
    see what my dealer says. Im beginning to think a case is not a good idea!

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>My worst fears are now true. The autos are only one per case, that is complete garbage. I can't invest more than 50 bucks a box in this stuff. Ill have to
    see what my dealer says. Im beginning to think a case is not a good idea!

Kevin >>

How did you find this out?
  • Options
    Someone posted odds over at beckett..actually the odds are more than a case...so a case doesn't even get you ink...what kind of garbage
    is that? Topps is lucky that the first auto was Kaline...can you imagine pulling a scrub from a case and a half?

Kevin
  • Options
    I just got a box. No auto, no relic, 2 chromes, 3 or 4 mantles and a cappy out of place AROD. The cards do look great and the box toppers have a cool factor. I will post some scans ASAP.

I have a full case to pick up tonight. Hopefully that will result in better pulls.
  • Options
    Ouch, man those look great but for the price with that type of return, I don't know.

Maybe a few blasters and trades to get the guys I want....

Too bad, Topps had a nice product.

Bryans
    On the Yankee Bandwagon since April 22nd, 1979 (my first game).
    ______
    Collecting all Yankees especially:
    Thurman Munson, Yogi Berra, Melky Cabrera!

For my son:
    Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada

MY Baseball Card Page
    My Player Collection Needs
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    it seems like people say the same thing every year and complain about it..

and yet im still gonna buy any i see at wal-mart.. image
    ·p_A·
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>it seems like people say the same thing every year and complain about it..

and yet im still gonna buy any i see at wal-mart.. image >>

Perry

Yeah thats the thing. We are hooked. We like the concept and so we by it every year. For the person who knows little about what
    the hobby and topps has to offer thats ok, but for those of us buying boxes in the same price range that offer 2 autos and 2 GU
    suddenly we have to wonder if topps just doesn't care about us anymore. Im trying to think of another product that topps could
    make with those kind of auto odds and actually sell it? I can't think of one!

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>Someone posted odds over at beckett..actually the odds are more than a case...so a case doesn't even get you ink...what kind of garbage
    is that? Topps is lucky that the first auto was Kaline...can you imagine pulling a scrub from a case and a half?

Kevin >>

Kevin

You called?

Mike
  • Options
    I will be happy if the quality is there.

If they started putting 1 to 2 autos per box - and we're paying about 56$?

There's gonna have to be a lot of names that I won't get excited about since I would not be doing the auto set.

But, I will say - in every case of 12 boxes - they should guarantee 1 HOF'er and 1 star auto and then 1-2 other autos.

Does anyone think that's too much to ask?

mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>I will be happy if the quality is there.

If they started putting 1 to 2 autos per box - and we're paying about 56$?

There's gonna have to be a lot of names that I won't get excited about since I would not be doing the auto set.

But, I will say - in every case of 12 boxes - they should guarantee 1 HOF'er and 1 star auto and then 1-2 other autos.

Does anyone think that's too much to ask?

mike >>

That isn't asking too much.
  • Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    Is retail out today as well...or just hobby product...we are in the middle of a blizzard here in the midwest so my local shop is closed!!! But the retail outlets open...I just don't want to brave the roads unless I know it is in!
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    My local target didn't have it at Noon today. (North of Baltimore, MD) I didn't hit WalMart but my guess would be not there either.

Ian
  • Options
    Seeing that the shipment came in today, I bet that it is not out at the big box stores yet. It will probably sit in the warehouse for a day until it is put out.
  • Options
    Cards look terrific. Time to figure out the SPs. Any ideas?
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    I need a lot of cards still for 2002-2005 Heritage Kevin. I'm going for a master set each year except chromes in 2002. Have many cards for trade for most of the same years plus lots of 2006 where I need 3 chromes to complete.

The 2007 that Travis (tzahl) and I ordered from Lockwood works out to slightly more than $46 per box , these are retail cases which we ordered.

Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    The retail cases are really the way to go. You have the same shot at an auto, and I believe that early retail boxes are loaded. I can't see spending 60+ for a
    box and pulling two chromes and a bunch of base cards. It appears this year like SP's will not be hard to come by, unless people choose to not rip
    this stuff.

Kevin

PS. I have plenty of SP's. Im really only looking for autos or rare heritage in trade. I really need to make some money back on these cards.
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    WOOHOOOOOO!!! I picked mine up today. Work ran late. Pistol league was slow. I just got home. I will begin ripping after diner. I will post pics.

After pistol league, one of my coworkers suggested going for a beer. I bet it is the first time I turned that down in ten years.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    Preordered mine off eBay a few weeks ago. Looks like I'll have to wait until mid next week.
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Hi Heritage brethren - longtime lurker. Only 9,999 posts to go to match Kevin (JoeStalin)

I have many many heritage cards from 2001-2006, that I usually sell on ebay, but I am primarily a collector like you all and am also trying to complete a master set run. (My master definition: base + sp + non-relic inserts).

This isn't a spam, but just as a reference, you can checkout my ebay feedback - user id is parkerj33.

Hope we can do some trading. I have about 20 extra 2006 chromes, and I am in need of about 10 2006 chromes (including pujols and jeter image )

Best regards, and enjoy 2007 - any day now! (I also have a retail case on the way from lockwood)

Jim

Ebay: parkerj33
  • Options
    I don't know if these numbers came off a pack, but they were posted on another board:

SP & Base Card Variations - 1:2
    Yellow Team/Name Variation - 1:6
    New Age Performers - 1:15
    Then & Now - 1:15
    Flashbacks - 1:12
    AROD Road to 500 - 1:24
    1958 AL HR Champion (Mantle) - 1:6
    Chrome Parallel - 1:11
    Chrome Refractor - 1:39
    Black Refractor - 1:383

Clubhouse Relics
    Group A - 1:2,425
    Group B - 1:202
    Group C - 1:67
    Group D - 1:808
    Sequentially Numbered Dual Relic - 1:13,900

Sequentially Numbered Flashback Relic - 1:484
    No odds on the regular Flashback Relic which is a
    shame because I pulled a Stan Musial one.

Sequentially Numbered Dual Flashback Relic -
    1:82,544

Real One Autograph - 1:327
    #'ed Real One Special Edition - 1:1,129

#'ed Flashback Autograph - 1:19,500
    #'ed Clubhouse Auto Relic - 1:16,100
    #'ed Flashback Auto Relic - 1:19,500
    AROD Road to 500 Auto - 1:100,500
    1958 Cut Signature - 1:403,200

If there are three cut signature cards and the odds of finding one is 1 in every 403,200 packs, does that mean Topps cranked out 1.2 million packs?

• Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Those odds just tell me that there will be a ton of wax out there.