• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Perhaps the best card in the real one set? I think Im done with hobby

Kevin >>

Funny face!
  • Options
    86nova86nova Posts: 187 ✭✭

Card #300, at least the one I have is Scott Schoeneweis from the Mets. Nice pull Kevin. You need to pack your bags and head to Vegas. Craig
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Craig

Its good to see you back!! You are also working on your 7th year in the heritage business! I wish you still had that unopened box
    of 01. I would make you a good offer for it. I still have the Mays you sold me..its the cornerstone of my heritage collection.

Ive done real well so far, a nice change after the last two years where I eeked out only modest ink. The Jeter card is really nice, so far
    the nicest I have seen. I haven't been through my cards yet, but I hope Im close. I know I have doubles of the Pirates and Senators
    in the felts if anyone needs them.

Kevin
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevin

That's two fantastic autos!!!

Congratulations - and you weren't gonna do the set? Wow!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Pharber-

Can you email the spreadsheet. I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    John
  • Options
    John, Spreadsheet is on the way

I'm going crazy. I have 24 boxes -- two cases -- at a UPS facility about 40 miles away and it won't be here until Monday!

So I went to a local hobby store and bought three packs

and I pick up five good cards

Joel Zumaya (yellow name), Mark Buehrle (short print) 2 Mantle HRs, Nos. 40 and 13; and Derek Jeter (short print). It's almost 2 in a pack. I'll be happy with that ratio.
  • Options

<< <i>John, Spreadsheet is on the way

I'm going crazy. I have 24 boxes -- two cases -- at a UPS facility about 40 miles away and it won't be here until Monday!

So I went to a local hobby store and bought three packs

and I pick up five good cards

Joel Zumaya (yellow name), Mark Buehrle (short print) 2 Mantle HRs, Nos. 40 and 13; and Derek Jeter (short print). It's almost 2 in a pack. I'll be happy with that ratio. >>

Thanx Pharber!!!

I know how much work that is - I appreciate it.

John has done them for the past few years - it really helps.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I've ripped four hobby boxes and don't have a card with Jeter on it (figures since I collect Jeter cards). I'm about to update my trade list if anybody wants to trade a Jeter card feel free to make an offer.

Shannon
    shambo2000
  • Options
    Shamboo, if I have any extra Jeters I'll make sure to contact you first!
  • Options
    Here's the updated trade list through four hobby boxes. I'm sorting the SP's and variations as I make this post.

Chrome's that I need

All but 14-31-61-73-83-89-95-97-105

Jeter's that I need

All

Cards that I have to trade

Base Set: A bunch (I haven't sorted out the sp's and variations yet)

Flashbacks: 1-3-4-5-7-8-9-10

Then & Now: 3(2)-4-6-7-8

New Age Performers: 1-2-4-8-9-11

Mantle HR Cards: 1-2-4-6-9-10-12-14-15-20-21-26-27-33-34-37

ARod HR Cards: 55-63-65-68

Chrome Refractors: THC86 J.D. Drew 435/558 - THC90 Pedro Feliz 451/558 - THC108 Andre Ethier 551/558

Relic Cards: CCMOT-Miguel Tejada game worn pants

Feel free to PM any offers.

Shannon
    shambo2000

• Options

Farber--- Thanks for sending along the spread sheet. Have found a couple of changes I think!!! TN1 I have a card with Ryan Howard and Frank Robinson (not Banks). The other is I have a Flashback with Richie Ashburn who is unlisted on the sheet. I believe this card was substituted for Aparicio. If you have card #341, you will find these on the back. 86nova Craig
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Paul,

Would you send me the spreadsheet please? magellun@localnet.com

Thanks,
    Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    Thanks nova,
    I also think we have a couple of others, too. Like Konerko for No. 300. It's all on the fly....
  • Options
    Has John Basilone taken the year off? I haven't heard anything from him?

Kevin
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    He posted a page or 2 back.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    Well, I cracked two boxes from the hobby shop this morning.

One thing I have to say, the printing this year seems really sloppy. I pulled a number of cards that have really sloppy colors on them, with splotches of red ink on the yellow background. I'll try to post pics later, but is anyone else noticing this?

• Options
    Yes, I noticed it too. It doesn't seem to be random either as I have 5 of the same card w/ the same printing flaws.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Finally a 1/1 gets pulled out of Heritage....

what a waste

Geordie
  • Options
    I despise those "band-aid" autographs.
  • Options
    If anyone has the excel spreadsheet, shoot me a PM to exchange emails.
    Working on sorting right now.
  • Options

<< <i>Finally a 1/1 gets pulled out of Heritage....

what a waste

Geordie >>

Is that a a 1/1? You didn't make that clear in your auction. LOL
  • Options

<< <i>

what a waste

Geordie >>

Is that a a 1/1? You didn't make that clear in your auction. LOL >>

umm, not my auction. Simply pointing out an ugly card that has no place in Heritage. I made it quite clear in a couple of my previous posts that my case won't be arriving until Wednesday.

Geordie
  • Options
    Finally have my needs list for the master set. Let me know if you can help me out. I have tons of extra sps, chrome and inserts, so I am sure we can work out a fair deal.

SPs
    5 - Jeter

Inserts
    NP14
    TN8
    MHR25
    MHR26
    MHR38
    MHR41

Felt
    Wash.
    Boston
    Milw.
    Clev.
    STL
    DET
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

what a waste

Geordie >>

Is that a a 1/1? You didn't make that clear in your auction. LOL >>

umm, not my auction. Simply pointing out an ugly card that has no place in Heritage. I made it quite clear in a couple of my previous posts that my case won't be arriving until Wednesday.

Geordie >>

Sorry, I should have remembered that Geordie hasn't received his case. You seem a bit tense. Is it because we are all cracking our Heritage and yours isn't here yet. image
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the spreadsheet Pharber! Are there really 4 different 351's that are all Cardinals, or is that a typo?

351 Yadier Molina St. Louis Cardinals Base Cards
    351 Jim Edmonds St. Louis Cardinals Base Cards
    351 Chris Duncan St. Louis Cardinals Base Cards
    351 Albert Pujols St. Louis Cardinals Base Cards
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think MOST of those who will partake this year are yet to receive ..... including ME! Guys, colate your a$$e$ off and wait for the real trading FLOOD in a week or so image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

<< <i>Sorry, I should have remembered that Geordie hasn't received his case. You seem a bit tense. Is it because we are all cracking our Heritage and yours isn't here yet. image >>

You better believe it! I'll be chomping at the bit until Wednesday. Sorry if I came off as grumpy in my reply, Jay - I did just finish reading the "apology" thread begun by 80sJunkie, so was feeling a bit aggressive. That whole situation just makes my blood boil. Better I get it off my chest here, rather than add my worthless .02 over there. Sucks that a guy could come on and claim to be helping out his "friends" and be plotting all the while to fleece them for his own gain.

Anywho, that ARod sticker auto is still fugly.

Geordie

• Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    have not received case here either....hope to trade with those I got to know last year!!!

Loth
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for the spreadsheet Pharber! Are there really 4 different 351's that are all Cardinals, or is that a typo?

351 Yadier Molina St. Louis Cardinals Base Cards
    351 Jim Edmonds St. Louis Cardinals Base Cards
    351 Chris Duncan St. Louis Cardinals Base Cards
    351 Albert Pujols St. Louis Cardinals Base Cards >>

I have a #351 with Pujols, Belliard, Eckstein and Rolen on the front labeled as "Fence Busters"
  • Options
    OK, thanks. That makes sense.
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone on the board who helped revise and update the checklist. Working with the latest list offer on the Topps website and it still needs updates.

If anybody didn't get their spreadsheet by now, please email me (make sure you have your email address).

This is the best time of the year. NCAA Basketball, Spring Training, beginning of golf season and Heritage baseball cards!

• Options
    rugbymarinerugbymarine Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭
    "This is the best time of the year. NCAA Basketball, Spring Training, beginning of golf season and Heritage baseball cards!"

Couldnt' have said better. Makes me glad I'm a sports fan.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

<< <i>Has John Basilone taken the year off? I haven't heard anything from him? >>

Kevin-

I'm waiting for retail blasters...hobby boxes/packs do not add any value for me.

I'm also contemplating buying pieces parts off of eBay to see how cheaply I can put a Master Set together (this is best done during football season).

Truthfully....packs are not that appealing to me this year with the higher odds for Chromes/Refractors/Autos.
  • Options
    rugbymarinerugbymarine Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭
    After my first four boxes of Heritage, I've got:

Almost a whole base set, except for SP's I think Im 4 cards away.

10 Chromes:
    THC 6 Zumaya
    12 Contreras
    17 Delwyn Young
    35 Garland
    41 Konerko
    76 Wakefield
    78 Carlos Lee
    88 Roberson
    94 Ausmus
    104 B. J. Ryan

2 Refractors:
    27 Johnny Estrada 259/558
    61 Delmon Young RC 337/558

One Autograph. (third box)

Ed Mayer (Cubs) Blue Ink no Number whatever that means

3 CC - Relics
    Jeff Weaver Jersey (group C)
    Rafael Furcal bat (group D)
    Dvaid Wright jersey (group A)

Anyone know what the groups for the Relics mean ?? Is group D tougher than B ?

What do you all think the Delmon Young would get on eBay ? few dollars ??

Ian
  • Options
    Those who have my spread sheet. small change everybody can make. No. 13, Ledezma is yellow team, not yellow name.
  • Options
    Yeah, count me as one of us waiting until next week (hopefully tomorrow) before I see my case. Really looking forward to trading again this year. Like Geordie, I'm a little put off by the group rip fiasco (even though I didn't take part), but trading with the "good guys" on this board has really enhanced my enjoyment of the hobby after being out for many years. Keep those lists and scans coming guys!
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    Wait a minute! Perhaps this has been discussed, or I missed it. Is there no Barry Bonds in Heritage? I really can't believe that Topps would milk a cash cow like Mantle until we all have calcium deposits, but would not put Bonds in the set. I just don't buy it. I'll have to look again. If he is not in there, then something is up. Maybe we lucked out and it is a contract issue.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks to everyone on the board who helped revise and update the checklist. Working with the latest list offer on the Topps website and it still needs updates.

If anybody didn't get their spreadsheet by now, please email me (make sure you have your email address).

This is the best time of the year. NCAA Basketball, Spring Training, beginning of golf season and Heritage baseball cards! >>

Just wondering if you could email me a spreadsheet- I could not find your email address and no PM was available

my email address is nathanvburns@hotmail.com
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options

<< <i>Wait a minute! Perhaps this has been discussed, or I missed it. Is there no Barry Bonds in Heritage? I really can't believe that Topps would milk a cash cow like Mantle until we all have calcium deposits, but would not put Bonds in the set. I just don't buy it. I'll have to look again. If he is not in there, then something is up. Maybe we lucked out and it is a contract issue. >>

I haven't seen any Bonds cards at all in this set.
  • Options
    Another really interesting thing about the checklist:

If you notice, Topps (After about the first 100 cards), has set up the SP's to be placed with two next to each other with 7 base cards in between, and this pattern continues to the end of the set. So...as you are placing this completed set in a binder eventually, each sheet will have exactly two SP's on it, and they will be located at the same two places on each sheet. This is ingenius (if done deliberately) by Topps.

Also- as Paul reminded me in email, there is no card no 145.

So, as it stands, with 110 SPs, 33 variations, and 1 missing card, the grand total for a master base set should be 527 cards. Correct me if I'm wrong on that....

Even putting the checklist together is fun!
  • Options

<< <i>Another really interesting thing about the checklist:

If you notice, Topps (After about the first 100 cards), has set up the SP's to be placed with two next to each other with 7 base cards in between, and this pattern continues to the end of the set. So...as you are placing this completed set in a binder eventually, each sheet will have exactly two SP's on it, and they will be located at the same two places on each sheet. This is ingenius (if done deliberately) by Topps.

Also- as Paul reminded me in email, there is no card no 145.

So, as it stands, with 110 SPs, 33 variations, and 1 missing card, the grand total for a master base set should be 527 cards. Correct me if I'm wrong on that....

Even putting the checklist together is fun! >>

If they meant to do it that way, we should all thank them. image

• Options
    does anyone know if retail stores such as target or wal-mart carry these or can i only get them thru hobby stores or on ebay? thanks!
    always looking for 1958 and 1959 topps baseball in psa 7 and 8
  • Options
    I have been accused of many things in my life. However, one thing I have NEVER been accused of is being overly intelligent!! Keeping that in mind, maybe some of you can address this for me:
    In your opinions, do you think that the yellow-lettered variations are short printed? Or do you feel they were printed in the same quantity as the white lettered cards of the same person?
    Another question I have: There are (according to my sheet) 7 cards that are short printed that are also variations. The 7 cards are numbers 13, 23, 50, 58, 76, 77, and 85. Take for example card #85 of Vizquel: Does this mean that both the white-lettered and yellow-lettered cards of Vizquel are short printed? Or does this mean that either the white or the yellow is the one that is short printed?
    On my sheet I do not have card #129 (Owens) listed as an SP. Is this accurate or have I just not come across this card yet? I realize that no one may have a definitive answer to these questions, but I would like your opinions. Thanks. --86nova (Craig)
  • Options
    Both versions are short prints.
  • Options
    I don't believe the Jerry Owens #129 card is an SP. The list that Pharber put together accurately has 110 SP's and the 33 color variations.
  • Options
    Ahh, I just came back from a spring training game. Astros were hitting the snot out of the ball. Heritage is starting to pick up big time. I
    can't wait for some more busts. Im still waiting on the sheets, there are always last minute additions. So we have the number at 527
    so far...how does that compare to last years set? Does that include the Mantle cards. I think Im including those, but not the Arods.

So far the Bonds and Dice K ommisions are a big of a let down. The selection of players in the chrome set is also a let down. No Pujols, Howard
    or Griffey. Its almost like topps had to pay more to use cards of certain players. Thats the only reason I can some up with this.

So far I love the felts (a reason to open hobby Basilone???), and the real ones of course. The Jeter SP is so far my favorite card, even though
    I haven't looked at this set really. I have just organized the 100's and 400's. The multi player cards ARE nice too. I wish they were real
    pictures.

I have confidence in the early retail packs. I think they will be loaded. Maybe we need to start a heritage gallery for 07!!

Heritage Rules!

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>Heritage Rules! >>

That's it Kevin.

I'm not your friend anymore! You weren't gonna do the set this year and pull 2 great autos!!!!!

Mike
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    one hobby box, still looking for blasters

pujols game used pants
    some chrome dude

Will trade Phillies pennant unopened for red sox pennant opened or not image
  • Options
    Looks like the Detroit Tigers team card is an error card (says National League on the front). That's the only version I've seen on Ebay. Anyone know if there is a correct version?