Home U.S. Coin Forum

WHO IS BUYING THE 2024 MORGAN & PEACE SILVER DOLLARS

Comments

• TopcatCoinTopcatCoin Posts: 90 ✭✭✭

Purchase your Silver Coins and Medals before July 9!

Due to the increased price of silver and other costs, the United States Mint is raising prices on all numismatic silver coins and medals effective July 9, at 12:00 am ET, except for our commemorative coin program products.

We recognize the impact this will have on our loyal customers which is why we are notifying you now so you have the opportunity to click on the links below to purchase currently available products at today’s lower prices. Please take advantage of this offer before prices increase on July 9, 2024.

For your awareness, we’ve listed the current and future prices for our silver coins and medals.

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Proof Coin (W)
    Current Price…………….….$80
    Price Effective July 9……....$95

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Proof Coin (S)
    Current Price…………….….$80

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin (W)
    Current Price…………….….$76
    Price Effective July 9……....$91

2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin (S)
    Current Price…………….….$90
    Price Effective July 9……....$105

2019 American Liberty 2.5 Ounce Silver Medal
    Current Price…………….….$175
    Price Effective July 9……....$242.50

American Liberty Silver Medal
    Current Price…………….….$82
    Price Effective July 9……....$97

America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin
    Current Price…………….….$380
    Price Effective July 9……....$455

Limited Edition Silver Proof Set
    Current Price…………….….$220
    Price Effective July 9……....$255

United States Mint Silver Proof Set
    Current Price…………….….$130
    Price Effective July 9……....$150

United States Mint Congratulations Set
    Current Price…………….….$82
    Price Effective July 9……....$97

American Women Quarters Silver Proof Set
    Current Price…………….….$80

Morgan Silver Dollar Proof Coin
    Current Price…………….….$80

Morgan Silver Dollar Uncirculated Coin
    Current Price…………….….$76

Peace Silver Dollar Proof Coin
    Current Price…………….….$80

Peace Silver Dollar Uncirculated Coin
    Current Price…………….….$76

Morgan and Peace Dollar Two-Coin Silver Reverse Proof Set
    Current Price…………….….$185
    Price Effective July 9……....$215

2024 Liberty & Britannia Silver Medal
    Current Price…………….….$89
    Price Effective July 9……....$104

Armed Forces 2.5 Ounce Silver Medal
    Current Price…………….….$175
    Price Effective July 9……....$225

Armed Forces One-Ounce Silver Medal
    Current Price…………….….$75
    Price Effective July 9……....$90

Presidential Silver Medals
    Current Price…………….….$75
    Price Effective July 9……....$90

• NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TopcatCoin said:
    Just got an email from the mint that seems to imply that if you lock in before 7/9, you get the current prices. TC

Morgan Silver Dollar Uncirculated Coin
    Current Price…………….….$76

Peace Silver Dollar Uncirculated Coin
    Current Price…………….….$76

That would be for 2023, if any are available. There is no "locking in" since they don't bill before they ship, and they won't be shipping before 7/11.

I just canceled all of my subscriptions for items that contain silver. I'm going to wait and see how these sell, and might be tempted to jump in if sales are anemic enough.

The only thing I will buy, regardless of price, will be the Flowing Hair medal, since that will be a one-off that I would just like to have.

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 6, 2024 6:46PM

Will wait see what aftermarket is. Will they fall big time? Probably a buyer then - 20 pct behind CDN bid.

Coins & Currency

@Cougar1978 said:
    Will wait see what aftermarket is. Will they fall big time?

And that will be the great irony. The more they fail, the better they will do in the aftermarket.

• fathomfathom Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 4, 2024 7:47AM

@NJCoin said:
    I just canceled all of my subscriptions for items that contain silver. I'm going to wait and see how these sell, and might be tempted to jump in if sales are anemic enough.

The only thing I will buy, regardless of price, will be the Flowing Hair medal, since that will be a one-off that I would just like to have.

They know you want the Flowing hair so it won't be $91.

Disappointed I was so far off on the demand for the proofs. They blew it on mintage and so there is a glut to this day. The legacy of the Morgan/Peace commems will hinge on that mistake and the immediate years following.

They have two choices to reclaim perceived value moving forward:
    Dial back the mintages or reduce pricing.

• CusterlostCusterlost Posts: 72 ✭✭

@HATTRICK said:
    It’s a miracle !! My addiction to silver coins has been cured by outrageous US Mint prices. 😂

Unfortunately the cure is not working. Just like these things too much. The sad thing about it is the total collapse of the resell market. Got a boatload of OGP Eagles that can’t get $25 at the pawnshop.

@fathom said:

@NJCoin said:

Disappointed I was so far off on the demand for the proofs. They blew it on mintage and so there is a glut to this day. The legacy of the Morgan/Peace commems will hinge on that mistake and the immediate years following.

Well, you have your answer with respect to pricing. And mintages will take care of themselves as sales fall off a cliff.

As far as Flowing Hair goes, I have to respectfully disagree. Morgan and Peace sell for right around the same price as ASEs, Liberty medals, etc. Flowing Hair will as well.

If you'll notice, they vary pricing slightly based on finish, but not based on subject. Based on the e-mail they sent, it is a near certainty that the Flowing Hair will be priced between $90-100, depending on the finish, no matter how many they make. The gold will be priced according to their grid.

• JWPJWP Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got notified by the USM that all silver prices except commemoratives are being rase effective 6/9/24. From whatI can tell the Uncirculated Morgan & peace dollars are going from $76 to $91. It is possible that each silver issue could be increasing by at least $15 per coin. I may have to adjust my subscription totals after all. I imagine this will change the totals that the USM sells too.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• alaura22alaura22 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

07/9/2024

@JWP said:
    Just got notified by the USM that all silver prices except commemoratives are being rase effective 6/9/24. From whatI can tell the Uncirculated Morgan & peace dollars are going from $76 to $91. It is possible that each silver issue could be increasing by at least $15 per coin. I may have to adjust my subscription totals after all. I imagine this will change the totals that the USM sells too.

It's not "possible." It's happening. And it is exactly $15 per ounce, or fraction thereof. It's right there in the e-mail. Other than a 2.5 oz. coin that is going up by a whopping $50. PIGS.

I cancelled everything with silver in it. I will reassess after the dust settles and I see what sales look like, and if there might be any potential sleepers at the new, insane prices.

• JWPJWP Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NJCoins I was referring to the Peace & Morgan dollar issues.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

@JWP said:
    @NJCoins I was referring to the Peace & Morgan dollar issues.

Oh. I thought you were referring to everything. Either way, it IS everything. At least $15 per product, depending on silver content.

• fathomfathom Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NJCoin said:

@fathom said:

@NJCoin said:

Well, you have your answer with respect to pricing. And mintages will take care of themselves as sales fall off a cliff.

As far as Flowing Hair goes, I have to respectfully disagree. Morgan and Peace sell for right around the same price as ASEs, Liberty medals, etc. Flowing Hair will as well.

If you'll notice, they vary pricing slightly based on finish, but not based on subject. Based on the e-mail they sent, it is a near certainty that the Flowing Hair will be priced between $90-100, depending on the finish, no matter how many they make. The gold will be priced according to their grid.

I hope you are right because I want one.

@fathom said:

@NJCoin said:

@fathom said:

@NJCoin said:

I hope you are right because I want one.

We all do! Don't worry -- they don't discriminate when it comes to pricing between sure to be grand slam products and those nobody cares about.

In the past, that created some very profitable flips. Today, with their new, extremely aggressive pricing, not so much. Where they can still wreak some havoc is with the mintages, which have not yet been announced.

Even though they posted a HHL of 5 on the website, that can always change. My expectation is that they know these will be popular, and they will make more than enough to go around, rather than create a grand slam, at a cost to the Treasury in the millions of lost revenue. Probably 250-300K, and that they will be priced at the same $91 as the ASE, give or take a few bucks.

• GotTheBugGotTheBug Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was briefly tempted by the modern Morgan and Peace dollars when they first came out but managed to talk myself out of starting yet another project - too many irons in the fire already. I know that this is going to sound odd but they are too perfect, when compared to the original designs. They just don't speak to me like a classic U.S. coin or a problem-free Canadian fifty center.

That being said I will probably pull the trigger on a Flowing Hair dollar when they come out, if the flippers will leave a few of them for the casual collector.

@GotTheBug said:
    I was briefly tempted by the modern Morgan and Peace dollars when they first came out but managed to talk myself out of starting yet another project - too many irons in the fire already. I know that this is going to sound odd but they are too perfect, when compared to the original designs. They just don't speak to me like a classic U.S. coin or a problem-free Canadian fifty center.

That being said I will probably pull the trigger on a Flowing Hair dollar when they come out, if the flippers will leave a few of them for the casual collector.

Yes, the Flowing Hair will be popular and worth getting, even at the crazy prices. The Mint seems to have finally gotten its act together, so you don't have to worry about flippers crowding you out. They will make enough such that there will be no slam dunk flip, and that will keep the flipper away. As evidenced by every popular release since 2021.

Romanticizing classic coins of the same design, that were made with inferior technology and then sat undisturbed in a vault for the better part of a century is entirely your call. No such thing as too perfect for me, although I'm going to take a pass at $91 for a coin with $27 worth of silver in it with a mintage of 275K. If sales come in around half of that, I might get interested.

• Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 6, 2024 8:50AM

Daniel Carr is offering a limited run of his Flowing Hair struck over Silver Eagle, from this Morning.

Sometimes his Coin Art items run for hours or days or weeks.
    No clue how long this has been active or when it will expire.

Well, I just talked myself into two at $120 a pop.
    Only 95 HIGH GRADE were produced.
    I had no clue.
    Has been moved to FINAL, so production is done inventory is selling out.

edited July 6, 2024 6:52PM

The USM products like that don’t have many - ones I have offered me off bourse probably picked up 10-20 pct behind bid. They take a long time to sell too lol.

Coins & Currency
  • Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭

Not me. Cancelled subscriptions. But did pick up a US Army 1 oz medal before the price rose.

edited July 7, 2024 5:08AM

Maybe get them 20 pct behind bid in aftermarket otherwise no use 4 them. Think they will fall in the aftermarket?

Coins & Currency
    edited July 7, 2024 8:01AM

@Cougar1978 said:
    Maybe get them 20 pct behind bid in aftermarket otherwise no use 4 them. Think they will fall in the aftermarket?

No. Who is going to buy them to dump them at a loss? It's not like dealers are able to buy them wholesale at half the price the Mint is offering them to the public, with an ability to dump them on the secondary market at a discount to the Mint's price and still make some money if things don't work out.

The Big Boys get to gauge demand through pre-sales. They had the same heads-up we did, if not more, with respect to the price increase, giving them the same opportunity to adjust their orders that we had. I think they just won't sell out, and the overhang will prevent them from increasing in the aftermarket.

Over time, maybe they'll have legs in the aftermarket if final mintages are low enough. Ultimate aftermarket values, and I'm talking years here, will depend on the price of silver and future interest in the series. Just like anything else.

Buy 'em if you like 'em, and are willing to pay the insane price the Mint seeks. But don't buy them expecting them to do anything good in the secondary market in the near term. Not with a maximum mintage of 275K at $91, with silver ~$30. And certainly don't sit back expecting a deal in the secondary market in a few weeks or months, if you do actually want them at any price.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NJCoin said:

@Cougar1978 said:

No. Who is going to buy them to dump them at a loss? It's not like dealers are able to buy them wholesale at half the price the Mint is offering them to the public, with an ability to dump them on the secondary market at a discount to the Mint's price and still make some money if things don't work out.

The Big Boys get to gauge demand through pre-sales. They had the same heads-up we did, if not more, with respect to the price increase, giving them the same opportunity to adjust their orders that we had. I think they just won't sell out, and the overhang will prevent them from increasing in the aftermarket.

Over time, maybe they'll have legs in the aftermarket if final mintages are low enough. Ultimate aftermarket values, and I'm talking years here, will depend on the price of silver and future interest in the series. Just like anything else.

Buy 'em if you like 'em, and are willing to pay the insane price the Mint seeks. But don't buy them expecting them to do anything good in the secondary market in the near term. Not with a maximum mintage of 275K at $91, with silver ~$30. And certainly don't sit back expecting a deal in the secondary market in a few weeks or months, if you do actually want them at any price.

It's not unusual for the big guys to dump coins that don't 70 for less than Mint price. [But that's still lower retail not wholesale pricing. ]

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@Cougar1978 said:

It's not unusual for the big guys to dump coins that don't 70 for less than Mint price. [But that's still lower retail not wholesale pricing. ]

Did that happen with these last year? Last year, it seemed like 70 pricing was very aggressive, leaving resellers little margin, and that the coins graded very well. Even today, does OGP go for less than Mint pricing?

Either way, I just don't see prices collapsing in the secondary market on account of the coins costing $15 more now. If anything, I would expect dealers to cut back their orders, rather than being in position of having to take either bigger losses if demand does not stay stable at the higher prices.

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@Cougar1978 said:

Did that happen with these last year? Last year, it seemed like 70 pricing was very aggressive, leaving resellers little margin, and that the coins graded very well. Even today, does OGP go for less than Mint pricing?

Either way, I just don't see prices collapsing in the secondary market on account of the coins costing $15 more now. If anything, I would expect dealers to cut back their orders, rather than being in position of having to take either bigger losses if demand does not stay stable at the higher prices.

Yes. It happened a couple months after release. I just sold a couple of last year's Peace at $65 and $69 respectively. Morgan's have not yet sold at $69.

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@Cougar1978 said:

Yes. It happened a couple months after release. I just sold a couple of last year's Peace at $65 and $69 respectively. Morgan's have not yet sold at $69.

Uncirculated, or proof? If uncirculated, that bodes extremely poorly for these at $91, 3 years after the novelty has worn off and mintages have been significantly increased. I still wouldn't hold my breath waiting for big price drops. I just think they are going to remain unsold at the Mint.

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@Cougar1978 said:

Uncirculated, or proof? If uncirculated, that bodes extremely poorly for these at $91, 3 years after the novelty has worn off and mintages have been significantly increased. I still wouldn't hold my breath waiting for big price drops. I just think they are going to remain unsold at the Mint.

One of each

edited July 9, 2024 2:39PM

@HATTRICK said:
    Even with the HHL of 25 I can't imagine these coins selling out. I will not waste any more money on these.
    At $91 each I will not even say buy it if you like the coin. My addiction has been cured.

Certainly not at a 20% premium to last year's price. There is a point of diminishing returns with respect to price/mintage, in terms of maximizing revenue.

They barely sold out last year, and, according to @jmlanzaf, currently sell for less than last year's issue price in the secondary market. The math suggests that they will sell fewer than 220K (80% of 275K) at $91 each. I might get interested at $91 if it looks like final sales will be below 150K.

edited July 9, 2024 3:32PM

Would wager players offering - 20 pct behind CDN bid when they come out in aftermarket. What say ye?

Many would rather get a nice PCGS MS 64 Dollar 1922 at $85 (CPG). Over a century old!

Coins & Currency
  • WCCWCC Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cougar1978 said:

Many would rather get a nice PCGS MS 64 Dollar 1922 at $85 (CPG). Over a century old!

Not just many, almost certainly most collectors. This is the best evidence against future "meaningful" appreciation. Applies to common Morgan dollars too. Neither are "reasonably" priced either considering both are really common.

• zomrhinozomrhino Posts: 29 ✭✭

I cancelled both of my subscriptions on 28-June. Mint fulfilled my orders anyway. Anyone ellse?

@zomrhino said:
    I cancelled both of my subscriptions on 28-June. Mint fulfilled my orders anyway. Anyone ellse?

Nope. How did you cancel? I just unchecked the active box, and nothing happened on my end.

I hate to say it, but you almost certainly did something incorrectly, since their system has no way to discriminate, and execute some cancellations correctly but not others.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

These were almost impossible to get in 2021. The mint even created a waiting room. You had to be on top of the internet, signed in, ready to go, watching the clock, down to the second, and even then the overload stalled the website. Thousands of us were kicked out, error messages flying, and if you were fortunate enough to get one, you felt pretty lucky.

Fast forward to the present...prices on everyone's mind, subscriptions cancelled, not much buzz on these...even this thread was almost dropped onto page 2. Today is D-day...and the excitement is gone.

On the brightside, these look like they are packed in a neat little blue clamshell !!

• MtW124MtW124 Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭

I do like the packaging for these. As for the 2021’s, I was one of those on line and logged in ready to go. I went for the D mint mark first and got them in my cart. Then I proceeded to continue shopping to get the others. By the time I went to check out. My D’s were kicked out of my cart because someone else completed their sale where mine were still in my cart. I complete the sale immediately now when it’s a coin I truly desire. As Alfred north Whitehead presumed, we learn from our experiences. I’m a believer in that assumption.

edited July 11, 2024 7:53AM

@Onastone said:
    These were almost impossible to get in 2021. The mint even created a waiting room. You had to be on top of the internet, signed in, ready to go, watching the clock, down to the second, and even then the overload stalled the website. Thousands of us were kicked out, error messages flying, and if you were fortunate enough to get one, you felt pretty lucky.

Fast forward to the present...prices on everyone's mind, subscriptions cancelled, not much buzz on these...even this thread was almost dropped onto page 2. Today is D-day...and the excitement is gone.

On the brightside, these look like they are packed in a neat little blue clamshell !!

Yeah, well, times change. Not a mystery why. Mintage bumped up to 275K from 175K, and price bumped from $85 to $91. I actually forgot that they lowered the price from $85 to $76 when they increased the mintage in 2023. Makes the $15 increase now even more obnoxious and jarring.

In 2021, silver traded between $25-27 for most of the year. 175K at $85 created a feeding frenzy. When they bumped the mintage up by 100K to make them more obtainable, they accomplished their mission, selling out, but allowing anyone who wanted them to get them directly from the Mint.

The $9 price reduction took into account both the increased mintage and the fact that silver dropped to $20-25. Jacking the price up now by $15, just because silver has ranged from $23-32, with the mintage remaining elevated is simply uncalled for. Yes, the price of the metal is up significantly, but they would still marking it up by almost 200% with no price increase.

This explains the lack of buzz. They simply will not be selling 275K of them at $91, with silver trading at ~$31 per ounce, and the coin containing 0.86 ounces of silver. The market will be showing them just how many they can sell at a ~250% premium to the precious metal value, with the precious metal value already around 25% higher than three years ago. They still haven't figured out, or just don't care, that premiums in the market actually fall as precious metal value rises.

The amount they actually sell will probably be a lot closer to 175K than 275K. So they will be right back where they started, but this time with no feeding frenzy. They are nice, but they are far from limited, so no buzz. Just like anything else where you can readily obtain as many as you want at the issue price. Tends to make people not want so many.

• zomrhinozomrhino Posts: 29 ✭✭

@NJCoin said:

@zomrhino said:

Nope. How did you cancel? I just unchecked the active box, and nothing happened on my end.

I hate to say it, but you almost certainly did something incorrectly, since their system has no way to discriminate, and execute some cancellations correctly but not others.

Same. Unchecked the boxes and received a confirmation mail that a change was made. They are still unchecked at the time of this writing. $182 dollars is not worth the pain of calling customer service.

• I am curious to see if or how long before the sell out.

• ArkieArkie Posts: 37 ✭✭✭

@Antelope_Eyes said:
    I am curious to see if or how long before the sell out.

I do not expect these to sell out. If anything, it'll be how much ends up being melted down for a 2025/2026 attempt at a lower mintage or price point. [fingers crossed]

@Arkie said:

@Antelope_Eyes said:
    I am curious to see if or how long before the sell out.

I do not expect these to sell out. If anything, it'll be how much ends up being melted down for a 2025/2026 attempt at a lower mintage or price point. [fingers crossed]

Not going to sell out, and not going to be melted down. They will not make all 275K of them.

Those they make that remain unsold will sit indefinitely. Just look at their website. You will see several products going back several years. Eventually they might even have another vault sale, like they did last year, to try to clear out some old crap.

@NJCoin said:
    Eventually they might even have another vault sale, like they did last year, to try to clear out some old crap.

Yeah, and that vault* sale will probably be full of returns from people that didn't read their email and see the price increase of the subscription at the last minute. I got a couple things from that vault sale last year and 1 of them was an obvious return.

I figure they won't even get close to selling what they HAVE made for the subscriptions and big boys. I can't imagine they will let that much silver sit on their shelves (the oh-so-expensive silver that we must jack prices up for). Especially when great numismatic collections are to be made with the impending DC comics series .

*somewhat scared to include the word "vault" in a post. lol

@Arkie said:

@NJCoin said:
    Eventually they might even have another vault sale, like they did last year, to try to clear out some old crap.

Yeah, and that vault* sale will probably be full of returns from people that didn't read their email and see the price increase of the subscription at the last minute. I got a couple things from that vault sale last year and 1 of them was an obvious return.

I figure they won't even get close to selling what they HAVE made for the subscriptions and big boys. I can't imagine they will let that much silver sit on their shelves (the oh-so-expensive silver that we must jack prices up for). Especially when great numismatic collections are to be made with the impending DC comics series .

*somewhat scared to include the word "vault" in a post. lol

I respectfully disagree. They absolutely WILL let that much silver sit in a warehouse. They are the US Government. Money is not an object. Remember, the margins on these things are through the roof, so they can afford to let things sit.

On the other hand, it costs money to manufacture and package. That money goes bye-bye forever once they melt. Plus, they have the costs associated with melting.

Trust me, they never make an entire mintage up front. That's why things always go on back order, before they sell out, when there is overwhelming demand. In this case, they had to know demand would be reduced after a 20% price increase. There is no way there are 275K sitting in a warehouse ready to go. Not even close.

They will be fine, so don't worry about them. There will be plenty to go around, they will never sell 275K, and at some point, likely next year, they will exhaust their inventory and they will disappear from the website. Then, and only then, when we know the final mintage, will we know whether or not these are keepers at $91 a pop. But, no, this is not 1918, and there will not be a massive melting of silver coins by the government.

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine both shipped.

Many happy BST transactions
  • @cheezhed said:
    Mine both shipped.

Mine too.

@NJCoin said:
    But, no, this is not 1918, and there will not be a massive melting of silver coins by the government.

According to the Mint in this article, they do go through periodic cleanouts after the end of programs. Based on the mint years in the vault sale last year and the "last chance" sell-offs mentioned in the article, the "de-trashing" must not happen too often.
    https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/ever-wonder-what-happens-to-unsold-u-s-mint-p.html
    No, it is not in the same vein as 1918 politics and not necessarily for circulations, but more from a fiscal sense in numi$matic potential.

• Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Antelope_Eyes said:

@cheezhed said:
    Mine both shipped.

Mine too.

Same here

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

edited July 11, 2024 3:58PM

@Arkie said:

@NJCoin said:
    But, no, this is not 1918, and there will not be a massive melting of silver coins by the government.

According to the Mint in this article, they do go through periodic cleanouts after the end of programs. Based on the mint years in the vault sale last year and the "last chance" sell-offs mentioned in the article, the "de-trashing" must not happen too often.
    https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/ever-wonder-what-happens-to-unsold-u-s-mint-p.html
    No, it is not in the same vein as 1918 politics and not necessarily for circulations, but more from a fiscal sense in numi$matic potential.

Right. That was 13 years ago. Nowadays, they remain for sale for years on the website.

Want a 2021 Innovation Proof Set? Go on the website? 2022? Same thing.

They are no longer vastly overproducing, and then destroying. They have gotten a lot more professional over the past several years. Significantly increasing prices to meet the market is part of that, which is why flipping is a thing of the past. As is de-trashing. Now they have periodic vault sales.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file