Home U.S. Coin Forum

WHO IS BUYING THE 2024 MORGAN & PEACE SILVER DOLLARS

1234568»

Comments

• NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@slimbert said:
    Anyone else have packaging issues with their 2024 Proof Morgan Dollars? 2 of the 3 in our package had the sleeve unglued.

I noticed the Peace packaging has a seal to keep the sleeve together, so maybe it was a known issue.

What do you expect for a mere $95? 🤣

• 124Spider124Spider Posts: 906 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NJCoin said:

200K people like you are willing to pay nearly $100 for an ounce of silver. Six times per year. They exist to exploit that demand, and will continue raising prices and lowering mintages until you and the others are cured of your compulsion. Enjoy!

You write that as if it's somehow evil for the Mint to meet that demand, at a price people are willing to pay. Odd.

• Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2024 10:41PM

@slimbert said:
    Anyone else have packaging issues with their 2024 Proof Morgan Dollars? 2 of the 3 in our package had the sleeve unglued.

I noticed the Peace packaging has a seal to keep the sleeve together, so maybe it was a known issue.

You got a box? I ordered 2 of each and they came in 2 bubble mailers.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• CregCreg Posts: 335 ✭✭✭✭

@124Spider said:

@NJCoin said:

200K people like you are willing to pay nearly $100 for an ounce of silver. Six times per year. They exist to exploit that demand, and will continue raising prices and lowering mintages until you and the others are cured of your compulsion. Enjoy!

You write that as if it's somehow evil for the Mint to meet that demand, at a price people are willing to pay. Odd.

It comes off a bit strong, but he means that “they” [peace dollars] exist” and that [the administrators] will continue to…

• NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 21, 2024 8:28AM

@124Spider said:

@NJCoin said:

No, you are conflating different points I made in different posts. Yes, I think they are pigs for charging $91 for an ounce of silver with a mintage of 275K. And the market is spanking them as a result.

Different point from reassuring someone that as long as they can sell around 200K ounces of silver for $91+, that they will happily continue to do so. And that, as sales inevitably decline as a result of the high price, they will just keep raising prices to cover allocations of fixed costs, in addition to the variable costs they should be focused on, until they entirely kill demand, or as I stated above "cure people of their compulsion."

Nothing evil about it. Just foolish, because they could nurture more demand, AND generate more profit for the US Treasury, by not insisting on making so much per coin.

• Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

Production week number two which includes 2024S Morgan & Peace, max mintage 300,000.

And current sales of other metals for 2024 in Gold, Platinum, Palladium

edited September 26, 2024 2:43PM

Household Order Limit of 25 each are removed

The HHL of 5 remains for Reverse Proofs, 262,500 max mintage

Week over last week's move appear flat, well up about 1,000 units for each die pair

Other metals week over week move. I wonder if they'll produce the limits ?

Put them 2024 $ proofs in plastic, here's one offer:

edited October 1, 2024 4:08PM

Presented for a better view of delivered mintages of the Morgan & Peace 2023 & 2021.

I was turned off by privy mintmarks so passed on 2021, later decided I needed a 2021 PEACE $ made at the Mint it represented. That cost me $250 handpicked from the litter PCGS 69, flawless like a 70 that will never get resubmitted by me.

• seduloussedulous Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

@golden said:
    Not me.

I bought 2021's but that was my one-and-done. No CC's or O's because they weren't actually made at those mints.

A Barber Quartet is made up of Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Halves.

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 8,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2024 7:19AM

Might buy a few if can get at 20 pct behind bid.

Coins & Currency

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file