Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Post a picture of a roughly 10K anything..,

2»

Comments

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd purchase a parking lot. Then all those parking lot finds would be mine.😆. Seriously, the finest 55DD in that price range.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@MarkKelley said:
    This is my wife running a 10K.

You have 4 wives?

But come divorce time you might have to divide up the coins 4 ways.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 10, 2024 2:04AM

No $10K nothin’ in my collection. Nor is there ever likely to be, unless I seriously downsize and roll everything into a tiny vestpocket collection (maybe another Box of 20 with just a handful of biggies). But I do not foresee myself doing that.

Right now I top out in the $3Ks for an individual coin, with only three pieces in that range. I can count on my fingers the number of $2K+ coins I own, and just a few years ago I couldn’t even claim anything over the $1K threshold.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,400 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Crepidodera said:
    I paid exactly 10K for this coin two years ago. Three years ago, the coin was brought into a coin shop raw.
    PCGS VF30 CAC

Perfect CircCam eye appeal on that one- congrats!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

In my end of the pond, $10k is an ocean away! I've got a little over that figure in my entire 7070... the Seated Dollars are $1k coins... I've got a couple of $2k coins in my Box of 20... but I doubt I'll ever put $10k into a single coin.

...unless I hit the lottery and a nice problem free Chain Cent becomes available... :wink:

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

I translated your thread title literally as asking to see 10,000 pieces of something, such as a $1,000 bag of dimes.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2024 6:21PM

@renomedphys said:

Exactly what I paid

That is a strange bike. 1 x 12? That's a tiny chainring with a major rear cluster and derailleur. Do you climb cliffs with that bike?

Here's another strange bike with four times 10K miles on it. (an XXL, 73-inch wheelbase Easy Racers Tour Easy)
    "She's BIG, BIG, BIG!
    She's RED, RED, RED! -
    BIG RED!"

OK, that was strange.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    jomjom Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Clackamas1 said:

It is a Fraser. Someday I would like to get a Remington.

I've got one of those....I think. It can't be worth that much, can it? Yikes!

jom

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bail money ?

• Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@emeraldATV said:
    Bail money ?

That chicken feather is worth big money.

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.

• Options

@CRHer700 said:

@emeraldATV said:
    Bail money ?

You don't like my chicken and pen ?

• Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2024 9:48AM

@emeraldATV said:

@CRHer700 said:

@emeraldATV said:
    Bail money ?

Do you mean chicken and hens? If you do, I’ve got some right here! :D

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.

• Options
    UpGrayeddUpGrayedd Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Clackamas1 said:

It is a Fraser. Someday I would like to get a Remington.

Nice, if you want to see the 1915 plaster version of End of the Trail created by Fraser come to OKC for the 2025 WFoM show and visit the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum.

Philippians 4:4-7

• Options
    rnkmyer1rnkmyer1 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog: AWESOME! Coin $$$$ well spent!

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• Options
    rnkmyer1rnkmyer1 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hfjacinto: that’s a real beauty!

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

@emeraldATV said:

@CRHer700 said:

@emeraldATV said:
    Bail money ?

Tarred and feathered ?

• Options
    RonsandersonRonsanderson Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2024 4:19PM

I’m with @lordmarcovan . Other than my house and cars, I have never owned anything worth $10,000.

My values were formed when I had no allowance and was mowing huge lawns for $3.00. Money was too hard to come by - if I spent it, I wouldn’t have it, and it was too hard to get more.

I totally freaked out in high school when my friends wanted to play poker for nickels. I could not afford to part with a dollar. Too rich for my blood!

• Options

Would this be the Carson City mm ? While were on the subject. Thank you.

• Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 15, 2024 11:31AM

@Barberian said:

@renomedphys said:

Exactly what I paid

That is a strange bike. 1 x 12? That's a tiny chainring with a major rear cluster and derailleur. Do you climb cliffs with that bike?

Uh, yes. Yes I do. The main purpose of my gravel bike is for the “B” and “C” trails that present as boring on my mountain bike. BTW my mountain bike is also 1x12, with a 28 tooth front chainring for climbing actual cliffs. Hers’s that one. Cost was well over $10k and it weighs about 37 lbs with heavy tires, Cush Core inserts, and coil coil suspension.

And here’s a shot of my Levo behind my house on it’s first ride back in Feb ‘22. It was retail at $15k but I’ve put a lot more into it since then 🤪🤑

• Options
    tcollectstcollects Posts: 923 ✭✭✭✭

@Barberian said:
    My car used to be worth $10K once. It's ideal security for large coin shows. Nobody will touch it.

looks like you got it One Piece at a Time... https://youtube.com/watch?v=uErKI0zWgjg

• Options
    QCCoinGuyQCCoinGuy Posts: 327 ✭✭✭✭

My wife just ran her first 10k! I’m counting that.

I just sold this for a little more than 2x 10k

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file