Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Post a picture of a roughly 10K anything..,

MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 8, 2024 6:53AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Something you own, or can reasonably hope to buy one day, in roughly the 10K price range, and tell us a little about it. Can be a US or world coin, banknote, beer can, comic book, baseball card, or any other collectible. My hope is to illustrate how much (or, sometimes, how little) 10K can buy, depending on what one collects.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Comments

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PipestonePete said:

"The first half of 1964 was an extraordinary and historic period for the Beatles and they had very little down time. They started off the year with a 3-week residence at the Olympia Theatre in Paris, coming back home to England on February 4th, and barely with enough time to catch their collective breath, only 3 days later they left for New York to appear on the Ed Sullivan Show. This 2 week trip also saw them perform live at the Washington Coliseum, then jet down to Miami for a week – during with they taped a few more Ed Sullivan appearances. On March 2nd the Beatles began 6 weeks of filming for their first feature movie “A Hard Days Night”, wrapping up on April 24th, all the while recording some of the songs that would appear on the album of the same name.
    Here is a beautifully scripted Beatles autograph set, signed on April 29, 1964 – just five days after completing filming “A Hard Days Night” - and obtained when The Beatles performed live in concert at the ABC Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland, while on the Spring 1964 U.K. tour. They did two shows that evening: one at 6:30 and one at 8:50. Backstage on this night, a piece of blank off-white index card measuring 6” X 4” was autographed by The Beatles."---Frank Caiazzo

As a recent Beatles fan, I find that really really cool!

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2024 2:07PM

@asheland said:

@PipestonePete said:

"The first half of 1964 was an extraordinary and historic period for the Beatles and they had very little down time. They started off the year with a 3-week residence at the Olympia Theatre in Paris, coming back home to England on February 4th, and barely with enough time to catch their collective breath, only 3 days later they left for New York to appear on the Ed Sullivan Show. This 2 week trip also saw them perform live at the Washington Coliseum, then jet down to Miami for a week – during with they taped a few more Ed Sullivan appearances. On March 2nd the Beatles began 6 weeks of filming for their first feature movie “A Hard Days Night”, wrapping up on April 24th, all the while recording some of the songs that would appear on the album of the same name.
    Here is a beautifully scripted Beatles autograph set, signed on April 29, 1964 – just five days after completing filming “A Hard Days Night” - and obtained when The Beatles performed live in concert at the ABC Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland, while on the Spring 1964 U.K. tour. They did two shows that evening: one at 6:30 and one at 8:50. Backstage on this night, a piece of blank off-white index card measuring 6” X 4” was autographed by The Beatles."---Frank Caiazzo

As a recent Beatles fan, I find that really really cool!

That’s gotta be worth a fortune in today’s market!!! :o Especially, since it’s all signed at the same time, in the same ink and includes Lennon’s signature.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

Just bought. Currently for sale on ebay for $21,000

Back in the early 70’s, my brother had a copy of X-Men #1. I was more of a Spider-Man and Hulk fan, but he loved X-Men. Anyway, it was the most valuable comic book either one of us owned at the time, worth about $20 IIRC.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrEureka said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Back in the early 70’s, my brother had a copy of X-Men #1. I was more of a Spider-Man and Hulk fan, but he loved X-Men. Anyway, it was the most valuable comic book either one of us owned at the time, worth about $20 IIRC.

My dad had amazing fantasy 15, the first appearance of Spider-Man. My grandma threw it away because she didn’t like the monsters.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:

@MrEureka said:

@jmlanzaf said:

My dad had amazing fantasy 15, the first appearance of Spider-Man. My grandma threw it away because she didn’t like the monsters.

You don't want to know what AF 15's sell for...

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Boosibri said:

@MrEureka said:

@jmlanzaf said:

And even worse what they did sell for just a few years ago at the peak for SA books before things cold down a lot. Back then a 6.5 sold for 225 000$+. Now things are back down to Earth but still not a cheap book.

Coin collecting interests: Latin American early pillar 1 reales

Sports: NFL & NHL

Successful Transactions with the following board members: Pruebas & SimonW

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Boosibri said:

@MrEureka said:

@jmlanzaf said:

I do know and it will be for more than my inheritance, not that that matters

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2024 5:22PM

@Boosibri said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Boosibri said:

@MrEureka said:

@jmlanzaf said:

If this can make you feel any better Golden Age is were you want to be there are just to many copies of Silver Age keys. I have been following the comic book market since about 1990. What happened a few years back will likely not happen again price wise for SA keys people just flood the markets with sales and it pushes prices down. GA rarity makes sure that does not happen. There are grade rarities for the SA.

Coin collecting interests: Latin American early pillar 1 reales

Sports: NFL & NHL

Successful Transactions with the following board members: Pruebas & SimonW

• Options
    Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2024 6:36PM

OOps photo had location in the metadata.

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

1995 Nissan Hardbody pickup V6 XE 4x4.
    Market value between 8k-12k

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:
    A bit north of 10k but closer to 10 than 20.

58cac

Wow!!!

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skier07 said:

@DeplorableDan said:
    A bit north of 10k but closer to 10 than 20.

58cac

Wow!!!

A lot of bang for the buck if you ask me 🤷‍♂️.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@PillarDollarCollector said:
    Out of my league unfortunately.

The trick is to collect things that will rise dramatically in value in the future. ;)

Many years ago I wrote to Neil Armstrong to ask for an autographed picture. For the cost of a postage stamp I got this photo which was for some reason signed but not inscribed as he normally did. It is supposedly one of the Holy Grails of space autographs.

Current value is probably moving toward the vicinity of $5000 on a good day. Someday it will make $10,000. :D

That is EASILY one of the finest Neil Armstrong signed WSS litho in existence.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PillarDollarCollector said:

@Boosibri said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Boosibri said:

@MrEureka said:

@jmlanzaf said:

If this can make you feel any better Golden Age is were you want to be there are just to many copies of Silver Age keys. I have been following the comic book market since about 1990. What happened a few years back will likely not happen again price wise for SA keys people just flood the markets with sales and it pushes prices down. GA rarity makes sure that does not happen. There are grade rarities for the SA.

Golden Age is scarcer... but also has less demand. The demand is always at least as important as supply.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file