Home U.S. Coin Forum

Post a picture of a roughly 10K anything..,

13»

Comments

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@PillarDollarCollector said:
    Out of my league unfortunately.

The trick is to collect things that will rise dramatically in value in the future. ;)

Many years ago I wrote to Neil Armstrong to ask for an autographed picture. For the cost of a postage stamp I got this photo which was for some reason signed but not inscribed as he normally did. It is supposedly one of the Holy Grails of space autographs.

Current value is probably moving toward the vicinity of $5000 on a good day. Someday it will make $10,000. :D

My dad met the Apollo 1 astronauts right before the accident and got an autographed photo from them. At one point my mom threw it away.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • JBKJBK Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ajaan said:

@JBK said:

@PillarDollarCollector said:
    Out of my league unfortunately.

The trick is to collect things that will rise dramatically in value in the future. ;)

Many years ago I wrote to Neil Armstrong to ask for an autographed picture. For the cost of a postage stamp I got this photo which was for some reason signed but not inscribed as he normally did. It is supposedly one of the Holy Grails of space autographs.

Current value is probably moving toward the vicinity of $5000 on a good day. Someday it will make $10,000. :D

My dad met the Apollo 1 astronauts right before the accident and got an autographed photo from them. At one point my mom threw it away.

😲😥

That photo would probably be worth thousands now.

• RodentmanRodentman Posts: 85 ✭✭✭

I believe these qualify. Or pretty close...

and if we can stretch to watches...this one is well over $10k

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK - I haven't done any research lately. But isn't Neil Armstrong's signature or autograph on any document pretty much the Holy Grail and increasingly rare?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• CopperindianCopperindian Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recent auction win @ $8400 hammer. PG is $12k. Exceptional for grade!

But, an ugly stepchild to @oreville’s awesome Jack Lee!

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the Dark Side. First collectable Early Dated coin.

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:
    @JBK - I haven't done any research lately. But isn't Neil Armstrong's signature or autograph on any document pretty much the Holy Grail and increasingly rare?

One of the Holy Grails, anyway. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file