Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

How About Some Canadian and Provincial Coinage, Medals & Tokens?

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    GotTheBugGotTheBug Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erwindoc said:
    Those are very nice! Halves are difficult to find in gem or better!

Tell me about it! Most of them served their country honorably

• Options
    edited March 12, 2024 5:56PM

I added a new twenty-five cents to my Victorian collection. This one is an upgrade and with what looks to be a slight variation in the date compared to the previous piece. The third 8 on the darker piece is punched higher than the same digit on the new coin.

• Options

Nice <3

• Options
    tcollectstcollects Posts: 876 ✭✭✭✭

@PhilArnold said:
    We just sold a 1911 Specimen Set here at GreatCollections with the original case. All the coins are in older PCGS holders, but I photoshopped them into the case to give the effect of what it would've looked like originally.

https://www.greatcollections.com/Coin/1543428/Canada-1911-Cent-to-50-Cents-Ottawa-Mint-Specimen-Set-KM-SS16-With-Case-of-Issue-PCGS-MS-64-RB-to-SP-64-5-Coins

that's cool

• Options

@PhilArnold said:
    We just sold a 1911 Specimen Set here at GreatCollections with the original case. All the coins are in older PCGS holders, but I photoshopped them into the case to give the effect of what it would've looked like originally.

https://www.greatcollections.com/Coin/1543428/Canada-1911-Cent-to-50-Cents-Ottawa-Mint-Specimen-Set-KM-SS16-With-Case-of-Issue-PCGS-MS-64-RB-to-SP-64-5-Coins

That's a nice set. The case alone is a sought-after collectible, not to mention the intact set. A cool piece of history for some lucky collector.

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would buy those two all day long at an xf cleaned and an AU price.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

A most beautiful set!!!! :p
    I owned a 1908 set, exactly like it. all, except the cent came back from ICCS as SP65. penny was 64.
    Sold it about 18 years ago for 4200 CAN $ to a private US collector(es). Buyer was with an airline and she came to
    Vancouver to pick it up... Also bought me lunch at the Hyatt.
    Today I regret having it sold.
    H

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    GreenstangGreenstang Posts: 863 ✭✭✭✭

Nice, the “godless” 50 cent piece.
    Hard to find ( and expensive ) in higher grades.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 18,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a small Canadian coin collection. I really like the wildlife reverses. Always so beautiful too.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

A medium-grade Victorian fifty cents from my modest collection of fifty-cent pieces. PCGS VF35.

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome photo and I have always loved that design!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    sylsyl Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

Even adding 65 years to what you saw when you were 13, it still looks awesome .... what a great design!

• Options
    edited April 15, 2024 3:26PM

1900 H Cent with split planchet.
    When I got this, it was dirty so i didn't notice the split until I had cleaned it with acetone.

• Options

That's a 1900H and nice planchet split.

• Options

Whoops, typo on my part. Thanks syl for catching my mistake. I will correct the posting.

• Options

Here's the latest addition to my Victorian fifty cent collection, fresh from eBay. I've adjusted the True View pic to more accurately reflect the coin's actual appearance.

1881-H Fifty Cents - PCGS VF35

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2024 10:10AM

A Medallion issued by Ford Motor Company to celebrate the coronation of King George VI in 1937

• Options

Seller's photo - receipt pending.

• Options

Nice Newfie and Ed. They're keepers.

• Options

I've never seen an ICCS 67 red of ANY LC. They were tough graders at the upper levels.