Comments

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

My last box of quarters was a....

• Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 13, 2024 3:19PM

@Fraz said:
    The credit union held these for me—they’re circulated proofs now. I despise sloppy photography.

Some of those are silver as well. The 1986 is 90%, and the 71’ on the top is 40%. The 77’ on the bottom is certainly clad, and you would have to check the rim of the 74’ to tell. The other two might be silver as well, I just can’t see the dates.

Edit: the 74’ also looks like it could be a 40% uncirculated ike.

Cheers, and God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:

• Options

I am very, very late posting this, so I know that you’ve all been waiting on the edges of your seats. :p $50 in cents, $100 in nickels, and $250 in dimes produced 24 wheats, a proof, and a merc. The merc is covered on the reverse with something resembling white out. Acetone does not take it off. I thought that it was a cruddy clad because the edge is covered by the white stuff as well.

Before scrubbing with a q-tip to see if there was a mintmark.

After

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CRHer700 said:

@Fraz said:
    The credit union held these for me—they’re circulated proofs now. I despise sloppy photography.

Some of those are silver as well. The 1986 is 90%, and the 71’ on the top is 40%. The 77’ on the bottom is certainly clad, and you would have to check the rim of the 74’ to tell. The other two might be silver as well, I just can’t see the dates.

The rest are clad, you got them right.
    There were two clad bicentennials that someone removed from souvenir cards with them. Yesterday the vape store clerk showed two me two Ikes with the same blue rectangular adhesive strips. After that, I checked the liquor store, the other bank, the three gas marts—nary a one.
    Some scamp pilfered a collection.
    Guys, check your vape stores and dispensaries.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fraz said:

@CRHer700 said:

@Fraz said:

The rest are clad, you got them right.
    There were two clad bicentennials that someone removed from souvenir cards with them. Yesterday the vape store clerk showed two me two Ikes with the same blue rectangular adhesive strips. After that, I checked the liquor store, the other bank, the three gas marts—nary a one.
    Some scamp pilfered a collection.

I can’t be seen walking into a place like that 😆 I was however thinking about the tobacco barn, I’ll bet there are some rolls of silver.

• Options

@Coinscratch said:

@Fraz said:

I can’t be seen walking into a place like that 😆 I was however thinking about the tobacco barn, I’ll bet there are some rolls of silver.

Any place that panders to a vice.

Train some proxies to ask?

• Options

@Fraz said:

@Coinscratch said:

@Fraz said:

Any place that panders to a vice.

Train some proxies to ask?

5 o’clock news, bandits rob tobacco barn, get away with hundreds worth of penny rolls.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2024 10:59PM

2005p Minnesota

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu I guess some Vegan tossed in back into circulation. Neat and funny counter stamped quarter. :)

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:
    @Kurisu I guess some Vegan tossed in back into circulation. Neat and funny counter stamped quarter. :)

These are by The QuarterMaster...an enigmatic character who's been around for many years.
    He send folks surprise packages with counter stamped quarters and has been known to be generous with currency too.
    Some of the folks here know about him and are on his mailing list...I'm thinking there is at least one person in this forum who actually knows who he is. His counterstamps are a fun mystery to figure out and never as obvious as they may seem.
    Here's a thread with a whole bunch of his quarters https://www.cointalk.com/threads/cul-de-sac.399493/

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was given this for my change and I wasn't playing bingo at my local church function when SMH won a new headdress.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like 2 of the Buffs may of had the Nik a date treatment.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Looks like 2 of the Buffs may of had the Nik a date treatment.

I personally treat any buffs with unreadable dates with ferric chloride. The 1919-D had been previously acid dated, but had worn off again. The 1934 had not been. Both were done by me.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

@yspsales said:

@Fraz said:
    The Credit Union called today.

1999 PA 1? bank wrap
    2001 RI 1p 1d 1? bank wrap
    2001 NY 2p 2d
    2001 NC 4p 4d 1? bank wrap
    2001 VT 2p 2d 2? Bank wraps
    2001 KY 2p 2d
    2002 MS 2p 1d 1p bank wrap
    2002 TN 2p 2d
    2002 OH 4p 5d
    2002 LA 4p 4d
    2002 IN 2p 2d
    2003 MS 1p 2d
    2003 IL 3p 3d 1p bankwrap.
    2003 AL 5p 5d
    2003 ME 3p 3d
    2003 MO 3p 3d
    2004 AR 3p 3d
    2004 MI 3p 3d

So jealous!

WOW

Rollout the barrels, uh rolls. Have fun!🎉

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@Fraz said:
    CU called again today, more of gramp’s proofs

That’s the wounded one! After searching thousands of 2000 Ps I get one (well, about a thousand).

I guess the halves are proof?

Damn good day—I picked up ten rolls of cents and quarters to check. Let the horseshoe stay up my ass today!

Man, they got you on speed dial! Must be nice. I just spent the last three hours watching food Network with captioning while getting my mouth drilled and yanked on! Case you’re wondering what I think about your finds right now :-)

• Options
    edited April 24, 2024 11:44AM

@Coinscratch said:

Man, they got you on speed dial! Must be nice.

Doughnuts and BU AW quarters in Airtites—

I just spent the last three hours watching food Network with captioning while getting my mouth drilled and yanked > on! Case you’re wondering what I think about your finds right now :-)

I’d be envious normally, with oral excavation, I be hatin.

• Options

@joeykoins said:

Double the Pleasure!

Let's GO...

Either 3 or 14 silvers but leaning towards 7.

• Options

@joeykoins said:

Double the Pleasure!

Let's GO...

I guess 10 silvers and 5 clad proofs.

• Options
    seduloussedulous Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was going through some old time rolls lately and out of a circ Morgan roll this was in there... an 1886-S Morgan. Dark toning on the reverse but I think would be gradable. The obverse when tilted in the light has prooflike surfaces. With the detail shown, what would you roughly grade it? I am generally thinking XF/AU-ish. What grade would you give it? Thanks everyone.

1886-S Morgan Dollar

• Tim

A Barber Quartet is made up of Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Halves.

• Options

Hard to tell from only my cell phone but I would guess between 53 to 55.

• Options

Thanks for your thoughts @Coinscratch

• Options

@sedulous said:
    Roll hunting is fun!

Especially with rolls like those.

• Options

@sedulous said:
    I was going through some old time rolls lately and out of a circ Morgan roll this was in there... an 1886-S Morgan. Dark toning on the reverse but I think would be gradable. The obverse when tilted in the light has prooflike surfaces. With the detail shown, what would you roughly grade it? I am generally thinking XF/AU-ish. What grade would you give it? Thanks everyone.

1886-S Morgan Dollar

• Tim

That's a good find! I would say 50-53, leaning towards 53.

• Options

@CRHer700 Thank you for chiming in!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file