Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 323 ✭✭✭✭

Oh boy‼️Better than an eclipse ‼️‼️‼️Wonder what kinda goodies are in there ‼️‼️👍👍👀

• Options

I might be the only kid “on tha block”, with one of these ‼️
    Thanks Dan‼️‼️👍👀🎯‼️‼️‼️

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nickpatton said:
    I might be the only kid “on tha block”, with one of these ‼️
    Thanks Dan‼️‼️👍👀🎯‼️‼️‼️

I love that

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2024 9:13PM

Dang, you musta got the best one ‼️‼️👍
    Wish my photos turned out that good ‼️👍👍👍👍

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

The first ones graded by ANACS.
    I just received the results from ANACS
    7675794 2024 TOKEN DAN CARR AMAZONIAN ASSAY $ O/S ON USA SILVER EAGLE 63 HC ( I think HC maybe what we know as DCAM) We'll see when I get it in hand
    7675795 2024 TOKEN DAN CARR AMAZONIAN ASSAY $ O/S ON USA SILVER EAGLE 70
    Population

Type Date Mint Variety Super 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 Total Graded
    PATTERNS 2024 DAN CARR AMAZONIAN ASSAY $ 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1
    PATTERNS 2024 DAN CARR AMAZONIAN ASSAY $ HC 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options

Great gradesTwobitcollector, that return grading was fast‼️
    Screenshots are from ANACS 7486794 page with definitions ‼️👍👍

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nickpatton said:
    Great gradesTwobitcollector, that return grading was fast‼️
    Screenshots are from ANACS 7486794 page with definitions ‼️👍👍

@Nickpatton
    Thank You

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2024 4:38PM

Don’t look like anything Dan did‼️👀😱😱😱I asked if he had any certificates on it‼️😱

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 13, 2024 6:10PM

@Nickpatton said:
    Don’t look like anything Dan did...

"1938" (2002) Pattern Jefferson Nickel. Modern Reproduction by Coincraft. Mintage 1,938.

More info: https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-M05ZP/1938-2002-pattern-jefferson-nickel-modern-reproduction-by-coincraft-judd-unlisted-pollock-unlisted-silver-plain-edge-cameo-proof

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    edited April 13, 2024 10:29PM

@Nickpatton said:

There are a few currently on ebay, IMO overpriced:
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=1938+Silver+Pattern+Proof+Jefferson+Nickel&_sacat=11116&rt=nc&_fsrp=1

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wowsers! How does one get on the "error strike" list with The Moonlight Mint?

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

You’d had to been there‼️👍
    Dan’s tha man ‼️‼️👍👍🎯‼️‼️‼️

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nickpatton said:
    They look really good in the holders,Twocollector‼️👍👍👍

I got this amazing piece from Dan.
    It’s got all kinda cool stuff going on with it.‼️
    I believe Dan said he melted down a bunch of bronze pennies, ( he only made 36 of these test strike in bronze).it’s got a clipped planchette…….split planchette …… off center strike. Couldn’t be a cooler piece ‼️‼️👍👀🙌🔥🔥🔥

And it's a Stella. Stellar.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

@COCollector said:

@Nickpatton said:

"1938" (2002) Pattern Jefferson Nickel. Modern Reproduction by Coincraft. Mintage 1,938.

More info: https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-M05ZP/1938-2002-pattern-jefferson-nickel-modern-reproduction-by-coincraft-judd-unlisted-pollock-unlisted-silver-plain-edge-cameo-proof

Does anyone slab these? I have two I picked up in person in 1997 or so (Coincraft would not ship them to the US for potential legal reasons).

• Options

I’d send pictures to ANACS and to ICG and ask them if they would do it ‼️

• Options
    edited April 16, 2024 1:00PM

Does anyone slab these? I have two I picked up in person in 1997 or so (Coincraft would not ship them to the US for potential legal reasons)p.

One has been slabbed by PCGS:

Optimistically priced?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/264688989216?itmmeta=01HV

• Options

So I’m wondering why they won’t grade Dans stuff ⁉️I know NCG won’t for sure ‼️

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nickpatton said:
    I’d send pictures to ANACS and to ICG and ask them if they would do it ‼️

Here was ANACS' response:

We can grade this coin!  If you would like, please write down what you would like the label to say in the variety field and we will try to accommodate.

😳

Now to work up some desired text.

• Options

Dan has some more 1792 Flowing Hair Dollars up on his store‼️

• Options

@Nickpatton said:
    Dan has some more 1792 Flowing Hair Dollars up on his store‼️

Ordered one... I delayed until now, hoping for an antiqued version. Maybe if there's enough demand?

• Options

Very nice Twobitcollector‼️👍👍‼️

• Options

Oh Boy,
    New Stuff ‼️‼️🔥👀🎯👍👍👍‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

@Nickpatton said:
    Oh Boy,
    New Stuff ‼️‼️🔥👀🎯👍👍👍‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

Got my order locked in! Thanks for the heads up.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the head's up, @Nickpatton
    Wow! Great items.
    It appears that the Peace Dollar offerings will be like the 1931-S with high relief reverse, but without the broken sword.
    @dcarr - the listing each says "this 1931-S overstrike" in the last sentence of the first paragraph, rather than the specific date/MM of the offered item.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2024 10:27AM
  • Options

Have the silver dollar fantasy dates been...overused? That is the Type Collector in me sounding off.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nickpatton said:

Thats from akbeez, I’ve bought from him many times, his stuff is always real and a good deal ‼️‼️👍👍‼️

Thank you. I noted your correction in my post. I apologize to akbeez for having cast doubt on his page.

• Options
    TopcatCoinTopcatCoin Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

Order placed!

• Options

I'm new to Dan Carr, I'd love to have a PL flowing hair but notice it's now discontinued. Any chance he'll re-up on these in the future? Anyone know what the original asking price was for these?

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Chattermonkey said:
    I'm new to Dan Carr, I'd love to have a PL flowing hair but notice it's now discontinued. Any chance he'll re-up on these in the future? Anyone know what the original asking price was for these?

$125 plus $15 Shipping.

• Options
    edited April 25, 2024 2:02PM

Those 5 antiqued versions would have been cool!

• Options

@Bullsitter

How does one find mintages of said coins? 😳

• Options

@Chattermonkey said:

I was there when Dan Minted the new 1792 Flowing Hair………. I’m thinking he probably wont make anymore of those,( discontinued), but I bet Bullsitter has one of the proof like…….. and the only one I know that sells cheaper than Bullsitter is Dan himself…… email Bullsitter and see if he can help you……. He’ll probably be able to give you the link to “Minted Items by Daniel Carr “ too for mintages‼️

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:
    Thank you for the head's up, @Nickpatton
    Wow! Great items.
    It appears that the Peace Dollar offerings will be like the 1931-S with high relief reverse, but without the broken sword.
    @dcarr - the listing each says "this 1931-S overstrike" in the last sentence of the first paragraph, rather than the specific date/MM of the offered item.

Thanks for pointing that out - now corrected.

• Options
    Alpha2814Alpha2814 Posts: 17 ✭✭

@Chattermonkey said:

http://www.moonlightmint.com/coin_catalog.htm -- there's no search feature so if you don't know what category the coin belongs to, you have to poke around.

• Options

@Bullsitter said:

@Chattermonkey said:

$125 plus $15 Shipping.

I see an error on that (just now corrected).
    Changed "183" to "193".

• Options

@Chattermonkey said:
    @Bullsitter

Everything is accessible from here: moonlightmint.com/coin_catalog.htm

You will probably be interested in the section titled "Fantasy Over-struck Coins", so click on that.

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:
    PS:
    I may do a "1979" Eisenhower, however.

YES!!!! B)

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji