Home Sports Talk
Options

2024 NFL Offseason/Regular Season Thread

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,652 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Basebal21 said:
    Dallas police looking for Rashee Rice. His vehicle was involved in a major crash sometime during the night

That's not good

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:
    Dallas police looking for Rashee Rice. His vehicle was involved in a major crash sometime during the night

That's not good

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/nfl/dallas-police-chiefs-rashee-rice-connection-accident-report/3502571/

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

if he was treated for injuries and there was something nefarious going on, wouldnt the cops have taken him in at the scene?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    if he was treated for injuries and there was something nefarious going on, wouldnt the cops have taken him in at the scene?

I'm under the impression that he potentially took off before emergency response arrived, otherwise they wouldn't be searching for him.

This is of course if he was actually there to begin with, he might have nothing to do with it except owning one of the vehicles involved. Who knows

• Options

It was others that were treated for the injuries. He and his friends just left the car and fled the scene

Dash cam footage of the crash

Video of them just leaving

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bills just traded WR Stefon Diggs (plus 5th & 6th round picks) to the Texans for a 2025 2nd round pick.
    First they let go of Gabe Davis now Diggs. Add Buffalo as one more team looking for a high end WR in the draft.

• Options
    edited April 3, 2024 8:33AM

@erikthredd said:
    The Bills just traded WR Stefon Diggs (plus 5th & 6th round picks) to the Texans for a 2025 2nd round pick.
    First they let go of Gabe Davis now Diggs. Add Buffalo as one more team looking for a high end WR in the draft.

I figured he would be on his way out

Buffalo is officially in trouble

• Options

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

I figured he would be on his way out

Buffalo is officially in trouble

i wouldn't say that they're really in trouble but their offense may take a step back to start the year. They signed Curtis Samuel to replace Gabe Davis and neither are #1's but the Bills will have a chance to grab a really good high end WR with the first rounder.

just looking at the beck end of the first,there's Buffalo,Baltimore,SF (if they trade Aiyuk) & KC who could all be looking for a WR with their pick, then you could add Carolina at 33. Not good news if NE was hoping to draft a QB at 3 then see which WR falls to them at 34.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3, 2024 9:03AM

Buffalo's loss to KC was especially damaging because they were all-in. instead of getting rings sized they were left burning in cap hell.

now they're shedding talent and have been relegated to adding guys who don't scare anyone, and meanwhile the Chiefs are upgrading for Mahomes

Allen's window is all but shut

• Options

They're going to have a 31M dead cap hit just for Diggs alone, 54M overall. I still think that they could easily find some cheap young wideouts in a WR heavy draft but I won't lose any sleep if that window is shut lol.

I've rooted for Buffalo come playoff time in recent years including the season where they destroyed NE in the playoffs but there's just something with this team where they just can't get the job done in the biggest moments come playoff time.

• Options
    edited April 3, 2024 9:22AM

@erikthredd said:
    They're going to have a 31M dead cap hit just for Diggs alone, 54M overall. I still think that they could easily find some cheap young wideouts in a WR heavy draft but I won't lose any sleep if that window is shut lol.

I've rooted for Buffalo come playoff time in recent years including the season where they destroyed NE in the playoffs but there's just something with this team where they just can't get the job done in the biggest moments come playoff time.

I've said it many times that I wish poor Buffalo would get a ring if the Pats were out of it,

Their time was when they lost to KC with 13 seconds left several years ago, they ofcourse catastrophicly messed that Victory up though, this team has been trending in the wrong direction ever since

• Options

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

I've said it many times that I wish poor Buffalo would get a ring if the Pats were out of it,

Their time was when they lost to KC with 13 seconds left several years ago, they ofcourse catastrophicly messed that Victory up though, this team has been trending in the wrong direction ever since

Even more recently, Wide Right...Again. 😎

• Options

Saw this posted in a tweet:
    THE BILLS ARE REBUILDING:

Players they've lost so far this offseason,
    Stefon Diggs
    Gave Davis
    Jordan Poyer
    Micah Hyde
    Leonard Floyd
    Tre'Davious White
    Nyheim Hynes
    Sirian Neal
    Trent Sherfield

it probably makes sense to when:
    Miami is one way Tua hit away from falling below the Jets
    NY is due to get a 40yr old Aaron Rodgers back and who knows how long he'll be around
    NE is currently at their lowest point in over 30 years.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Saw this posted in a tweet:
    THE BILLS ARE REBUILDING:

Players they've lost so far this offseason,
    Stefon Diggs
    Gave Davis
    Jordan Poyer
    Micah Hyde
    Leonard Floyd
    Tre'Davious White
    Nyheim Hynes
    Sirian Neal
    Trent Sherfield

it probably makes sense to when:
    Miami is one way Tua hit away from falling below the Jets
    NY is due to get a 40yr old Aaron Rodgers back and who knows how long he'll be around
    NE is currently at their lowest point in over 30 years.

It's the Bills way 🤷

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buffalo has 10 draft choices this year and 2 #2’s next year. I wouldn’t be surprised if they traded their #1 and a 2 next year to move up and draft a WR in this heavy WR draft.
    I trust the process. Some young talent is going to have to step up again this year.
    Davis never did live up to his 4 TD playoff game as he had little separation, zigged when Allen thought he was going to zag and dropped balls.
    Diggs quit mid season averaging 50 yards after averaging 100+ the first half. Head case caught up to him.
    Poyer and Hyde were awesome together but both lost a couple steps and relied on experience but lacked that step to intercept.
    Edmonds signed with Chicago last year and a rookie Bernard out shined him in Buffalo at ML.
    Tre White is an elite DB but missed 2 years because of injury. Too bad.
    Von Miller healthy is still a threat and he’s 2 years removed from an ACL.
    The Bills have made a few mid grade talent signings
    But remember they have a star TE in Dalton Kincaid, an Allen favorite target in Knox and James Cook is now a veteran.
    The O-line minus a 34 year old Mitch Morris is very much intact

The projected demise of the Bills is very much over blown. Hopefully every opponent will under estimate the Bills and the brains of Brandon Beane.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Diggs isnt a major loss. Diggs dropped the ball the would have won Buffalo the game against KC

Theyll just draft a better WR to replace him

• Options

@Basebal21 said:
    Diggs isnt a major loss. Diggs dropped the ball the would have won Buffalo the game against KC

Lol you know that's easier said then done right?

Jefferson, Lamb and Chase are exceptions and I suspect maybe 1 or 2 WR's from this draft will potentially be great out of the gate but the chances of the Bills drafting a WR to replace Diggs is pretty small

Diggs had that big drop and was not a team guy any more but his production is not easily replaced

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

Jefferson, Lamb and Chase are exceptions and I suspect maybe 1 or 2 WR's from this draft will potentially be great out of the gate but the chances of the Bills drafting a WR to replace Diggs is pretty small

Diggs had that big drop and was not a team guy any more but his production is not easily replaced

This class of WRs they will be able to get someone that can replace him. Theres going to be guys that are both bigger and faster left when the Bills pick that also wont be the headache Diggs was and will have better hands.

Diggs would have like 5 or 6 good games a year and basically be a non factor the other games including big games. His end of the year numbers looked nice in Buffalo but how he got them didnt. Hes also on the wrong side of 30 and this is the second team thats gotten rid of him

Had the Bills never traded for him they would have had Justin jefferson and wed probably be talking about the Bills as the SB winners right now

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

This class of WRs they will be able to get someone that can replace him. Theres going to be guys that are both bigger and faster left when the Bills pick that also wont be the headache Diggs was and will have better hands.

Diggs would have like 5 or 6 good games a year and basically be a non factor the other games including big games. His end of the year numbers looked nice in Buffalo but how he got them didnt. Hes also on the wrong side of 30 and this is the second team thats gotten rid of him

Had the Bills never traded for him they would have had Justin jefferson and wed probably be talking about the Bills as the SB winners right now

I'm not saying it wasn't a smart decision to get rid of him for the reasons you mentioned but I am going to bet you that whoever they draft will not get close to his numbers.

The Jets will win the AFC East this year anyways. The Bills will be fighting for a wild card spot

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

I'm not saying it wasn't a smart decision to get rid of him for the reasons you mentioned but I am going to bet you that whoever they draft will not get close to his numbers.

The Jets will win the AFC East this year anyways. The Bills will be fighting for a wild card spot

Theres plenty of WRs that will be there that will not only get close to his numbers but could easily have a better season than he did last year. Really all they have to do is just not be bad 9 or 10 games a year like he is

I do agree though that the Jets are the favorite for the division.

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

Theres plenty of WRs that will be there that will not only get close to his numbers but could easily have a better season than he did last year. Really all they have to do is just not be bad 9 or 10 games a year like he is

107 catches for 1200 will not be beat by a rookie. 8 TD's possibly

I will bet you a coffee on it

• Options
    edited April 3, 2024 4:41PM

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

Those numbers may be a bit much for a first year Wr to match but if Buffalo drafts one the better wideouts in this draft I could realistically see a 80/1000/8 type of season as Allen's #1 target. Diggs had a 160 targets and Davis 81, thats a ton of passes that will now go to someone else.

There's a Wr from Texas, Adonai Mitchell, who is 6-2 205 with a 4.34/40 who I'm praying ends up in NE somehow but I don't see him falling past that BUF/DET/BAL/S/KC group at the end of the 1st round. He's part of the reason why I want to make the Vikings trade so much. we'd get a legit WR1 and Left tackle plus have a future first too.
    If Mitchell goes anywhere I'm just hoping its not Buffalo where we have to see him twice a year.

• Options
    edited April 3, 2024 5:49PM

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

Those numbers may be a bit much for a first year Wr to match but if Buffalo drafts one the better wideouts in this draft I could realistically see a 80/1000/8 type of season as Allen's #1 target. Diggs had a 160 targets and Davis 81, thats a ton of passes that will now go to someone else.

There's a Wr from Texas, Adonai Mitchell, who is 6-2 205 with a 4.34/40 who I'm praying ends up in NE somehow but I don't see him falling past that BUF/DET/BAL/S/KC group at the end of the 1st round. He's part of the reason why I want to make the Vikings trade so much. we'd get a legit WR1 and Left tackle plus have a future first too.
    If Mitchell goes anywhere I'm just hoping its not Buffalo where we have to see him twice a year.

Outside of MHJ and Nabers? I think everyone is so overly excited about this draft they are thinking it's loaded to the brim with talent to the point where it's going to be tough to live up to all the hype.

On the offensive side of the ball we might see 2 or 3 really great difference makers in this draft, definitely not as many as some of you are thinking

Just my opinion of course

• Options

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

Outside of MHJ and Nabers? I think everyone is so overly excited about this draft they are thinking it's loaded to the brim with talent to the point where it's going to be tough to live up to all the hype.

>
    The WRs position is much deeper than the QB class (which is really getting all of the hype) and there could be up to 9-10
    wideouts to go just in this first round. There's a good 4-5 of them after MHJ/Nabers that could possibly give you 1000yd seasons in year 1.

All I'm saying is don't underestimate that Buffalo situation because they moved on from their top 2 WRs and those roughly 240 pass attempts now will go to someone else. Put someone decent in that WR1 role and they're going to amass some really good stats with Josh Allen throwing it to them.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

>
    The WRs position is much deeper than the QB class (which is really getting all of the hype) and there could be up to 9-10
    wideouts to go just in this first round. There's a good 4-5 of them after MHJ/Nabers that could possibly give you 1000yd seasons in year 1.

All I'm saying is don't underestimate that Buffalo situation because they moved on from their top 2 WRs and those roughly 240 pass attempts now will go to someone else. Put someone decent in that WR1 role and they're going to amass some really good stats with Josh Allen throwing it to them.

Fair point about the QB hype, I mean sure MHJ and Nabers are the guys I'm familiar we with so.if there is that many more WR's that could go in the first round then you got a better point. I had no idea there were that many potential first rounders

All this being said we won't really know till things play out, either one of us could be right

I'm really down in Buffalo though, they lost a lot of solid players on both sides of the ball, if they get a true number 1 WR out of the draft then they did good for sure, I just have a really hard time trusting WR's outside of Jefferson, Chase types which as you know are few and far between

• Options

Mitchell or Worthy both from Texas should be there for Buffalo when they draft. Theres a lot of very fast and very big WRs in this draft. Thomas from LSU should be there too, abd there will be some that would have been first rounders in other years that will fall to the second round.

Putting one of them with Allen t shouldnt be an issue to replace Diggs. Id definitely bet a coffee that they can find someone if they draft it that way.

I agree theres at least 6 or 7 (especially if you include Bowers) that can step in and be very good with a top QB

• Options

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

>

Fair point about the QB hype, I mean sure MHJ and Nabers are the guys I'm familiar we with so.if there is that many more WR's that could go in the first round then you got a better point. I had no idea there were that many potential first rounders

All this being said we won't really know till things play out, either one of us could be right

The wideouts early in this draft are so good that I'd rather see us trade with Minnesota so we'd be able to draft two Wrs, even though we wouldn't have a QB to throw to them lol.
    Pick two good ones early then draft Luke McCaffrey later on in the middle rounds. That would drop every Wr currently on NE's roster down three spots on the depth chart where they belong.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

>

The wideouts early in this draft are so good that I'd rather see us trade with Minnesota so we'd be able to draft two Wrs, even though we wouldn't have a QB to throw to them lol.
    Pick two good ones early then draft Luke McCaffrey later on in the middle rounds. That would drop every Wr currently on NE's roster down three spots on the depth chart where they belong.

Pats could honestly probably use their first 3 picks and have their 3 best WRs.

• Options

New England had how many great WR’s in Brady years? Moss?
    The Bills have Allen and until beaten they are the AFC East Champions. Every year someone is going to top them and every year Allen proves them wrong. Bills win 11 and the East.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    The Bills have Allen and until beaten they are the AFC East Champions. Every year someone is going to top them and every year Allen proves them wrong. Bills win 11 and the East.

I love it, Joe defending his team as he should!!

No disrespect my friend, I am just saying how I feel, obviously I could be way off

• Options

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

No disrespect my friend, I am just saying how I feel, obviously I could be way off

No disrespect taken! Watching every snap last year gives me a slightly different angle to the Bills.
    Week 1-10 Diggs 100 yards a game 8 TD’s.
    Record 5-5
    11-18 Diggs 47 yards 1 TD.
    Record 6-1
    Davis actually became a liability breaking off routes, leading to bad looking interceptions and dropped passes. No separate in most cases
    We may see a ton of two tight end plays and a run offense to take some pressure off Allen. Shakir stepped up last year and Samual has the speed to keep defenses honest.
    It’ll be fun to watch and without the sideline distractions. The Bills put up with Diggs long enough

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2024 7:05AM

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

No disrespect taken! Watching every snap last year gives me a slightly different angle to the Bills.
    Record 5-5
    Record 6-1
    Davis actually became a liability breaking off routes, leading to bad looking interceptions and dropped passes. No separate in most cases
    We may see a ton of two tight end plays and a run offense to take some pressure off Allen. Shakir stepped up last year and Samual has the speed to keep defenses honest.
    It’ll be fun to watch and without the sideline distractions. The Bills put up with Diggs long enough

To your points you might be right, Davis was a massive liability and Diggs was a distraction

Now. Let me ask you this.

If another failed season with no strong playoff run will you be lobbying to get rid of McDermott??

Best of luck with your team my friend 🍻

• Options

@2dueces said:

I was actually thinking about this topi recently. In the Brady era its been Moss then to a slightly lesser extent Edelman/Welker/Brown. Before that they had Terry Glenn for a short stint in the late 90's and going far back we had Irving Fryar & Stanley Morgan. That's really it.

If they draft a couple talented WRS I think that they'll be just fine as far as Buffalo's recent regular season standards go. Although I do think that the Jets with a healthy Rodgers will give the Bills a run for their money for the division. They still own the 10th pick and could come away one of MHJ/Nabers/Odunze/Brock Bowers or one of the top 2 tackles.

Draft night should be fun all around for these East teams.

• Options
    edited April 4, 2024 11:18AM

I'm actually starting to come around on Drake Maye over Daniels but I'd still rather see a trade back to add more talent.

Alot of Pats fans think that we could be the next Texans if they just draft Maye or Daniels but Houston was in much better shape when they drafted Stroud than we currently are now. They had just traded Deshaun Watson for a ton of high draft picks so they had the draft capital to come out of the 2023 draft with the best QB in Stroud and the best defender in Will Anderson.
    NE is literally building their offense from scratch and just taking the Qb because they can doesn't mean that everything will just work out great.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

Record 5-5
    Record 6-1

To your points you might be right, Davis was a massive liability and Diggs was a distraction

Now. Let me ask you this.

If another failed season with no strong playoff run will you be lobbying to get rid of McDermott??

Best of luck with your team my friend 🍻

He’s done a great job to get this team to this point but when they were 5-5 last year I would have lobbied for an offensive mind at the helm. Just can’t think of anyone.
    I think it’s very much the dilemma with Dallas and Dak. He’s just good enough not to get rid of but can he take them to the next level.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

I was actually thinking about this topi recently. In the Brady era its been Moss then to a slightly lesser extent Edelman/Welker/Brown. Before that they had Terry Glenn for a short stint in the late 90's and going far back we had Irving Fryar & Stanley Morgan. That's really it.

Gronk. You dont have to be a WR to be a pass catching weapon even if they technically arent a WR

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

Gronk. You dont have to be a WR to be a pass catching weapon even if they technically arent a WR

Gronk was much more of a TE than he was a WR, his blocking along the line was pheomenal. But more to your point, if we're going to count TEs then Ben Coates & Russ Francis deserve to be in the convo too.

• Options
    edited April 4, 2024 2:38PM

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

Gronk was much more of a TE than he was a WR, his blocking along the line was pheomenal. But more to your point, if we're going to count TEs then Ben Coates & Russ Francis deserve to be in the convo too.

Anyone that catches passes should really be counted. A super fast wide receiver that can stretch the defense is certainly very valuable but whether a TE RB or WR catches the pass its all the same yards. Gronk was extremely valuable as a pass catcher just like Kelce

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

Anyone that catches passes should really be counted. A super fast wide receiver that can stretch the defense is certainly very valuable but whether a TE RB or WR catches the pass its all the same yards. Gronk was extremely valuable as a pass catcher just like Kelce

James White was great catching the ball out of the Pats backfield as was Kevin Faulk. i'd love to see this offense find another 3rd down back like White.

• Options
    edited April 4, 2024 2:59PM

What the Bills are doing right now kind of reminds of what the Celtics did this past offseason. The front office looked at the team and decided that it wasn't good enough as constructed to get over that hump so they moved on from some key players In Marcus Smart,Rob Williams,Malcolm Brogdon & Grant Williams.

The Bills could be trying to do the same. We all can see that with Josh Allen they're built to make the playoffs and try to hang with the Chiefs but now they're doing their own quick retool this offseason. We'll eventually see if it pays off or not down the line.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

James White was great catching the ball out of the Pats backfield as was Kevin Faulk. i'd love to see this offense find another 3rd down back like White.

Sproles, Tomlinson, Gates, Gonzalez, Witten, Olsen, Graham, Sharpe, Marshall Faulk, Forte, to name some others on other teams. Its definitely a great weapon to have a RB or TE that is a threat for catching the passes as well which every team should be looking for. With the new style of play pass catching is pretty much a requirement for RBs and TEs as well

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

any idea on where Drake Maye will be going???
    :)

• Options
    edited April 10, 2024 4:03AM

_

• Options

@GroceryRackPack said:

He's probably getting drafted 2nd or 3rd,if he goes higher or lower then something crazy happened in the draft. Picking which team he ultimately ends up on is much tougher to predict, i'd guess that its either WAS, NE, Minnesota or the NYG.
    The Commanders could pick Maye but its expected that they are taking Jayden Daniels. Minnesota and NY are both rumored to be looking to move up and that 3rd spot is where everyone is expecting to Maye get drafted at.

The Patriots are likely the team that he ends up with because they're probably just drafting Maye or Daniels,whichever QB falls to them. They could always trade the pick but from what's being reported,they went a major draft haul in return. Who knows if some team will be willing to pay that price.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@GroceryRackPack said:

He's probably getting drafted 2nd or 3rd,if he goes higher or lower then something crazy happened in the draft. Picking which team he ultimately ends up on is much tougher to predict, i'd guess that its either WAS, NE, Minnesota or the NYG.
    The Commanders could pick Maye but its expected that they are taking Jayden Daniels. Minnesota and NY are both rumored to be looking to move up and that 3rd spot is where everyone is expecting to Maye get drafted at.

The Patriots are likely the team that he ends up with because they're probably just drafting Maye or Daniels,whichever QB falls to them. They could always trade the pick but from what's being reported,they went a major draft haul in return. Who knows if some team will be willing to pay that price.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@GroceryRackPack said:

I'm having a harder time telling if someone is actually going to do something stupid with McCarthy or if its just media nonsense to drive clicks like when they were saying Levis was going to be picked first overall.

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@GroceryRackPack said:

I'm having a harder time telling if someone is actually going to do something stupid with McCarthy or if its just media nonsense to drive clicks like when they were saying Levis was going to be picked first overall.

I honestly do worry about NE taking him 3rd overall but if they were going to do that then just tradeback to 6 with NY or the Vikings at 11. Give the team trading up the chance to draft Maye over MaCarthy then you may see your guy slide enough where you still got him but also got some additional Day 1-2 picks on top of that guy.

I really don't want it to be JJ, he'd be better off on a team like Minnesota where there's a really great supporting cast just waiting for him. That being said,in NE's case, I really do think that he's being used as a smokescreen to try driving up the value on their pick. Look,this is a 4QB draft and at pick #3 you can choose between two of them.
    Hopefully it works.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@GroceryRackPack said:

I honestly do worry about NE taking him 3rd overall but if they were going to do that then just tradeback to 6 with NY or the Vikings at 11. Give the team trading up the chance to draft Maye over MaCarthy then you may see your guy slide enough where you still got him but also got some additional Day 1-2 picks on top of that guy.

I really don't want it to be JJ, he'd be better off on a team like Minnesota where there's a really great supporting cast just waiting for him. That being said,in NE's case, I really do think that he's being used as a smokescreen to try driving up the value on their pick. Look,this is a 4QB draft and at pick #3 you can choose between two of them.
    Hopefully it works.

I was pretty convinced it was just a smoke screen a couple weeks ago that the Chargers were also leaning into to entice someone to trade up. Im not as convinced at this point that it is but for you Pats fans sake I would hope it is. He would almost certainly be a disaster for the Pats at 3 and even trading back to 6 or 11 I wouldnt use that pick on him. Hes not a top half of the first round guy to me or even a first rounder. I would like Nix over him with the 6 or 11 if it has to be a QB. Its starting to feel a little like someone is thinking they could find the next Brady with a Michigan QB that didnt throw the ball that much and will draft JJ way to high.

Minnesota would really have to just botch the pick to end up with a QB that isnt at least decent with those pass catching weapons. Even Darnold should be able to be at least average for them with those guys.

• Options

Even if the Pats wanted to draft JJ at 3 I highly doubt they would,

The backlash by the fans,media and everyone else if JJ was worse than Jones would be too much, the risk way outweighs the reward