Comments

• johnhenry9009johnhenry9009 Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    edited April 1, 2024 9:06AM

@Davidk7 said:
    Anyone got a link to the Youtube?

This looks correct.
    https://m.youtube.com/@UnitedStatesBullionAndCoins

• KiwiNumiKiwiNumi Posts: 107 ✭✭✭

Wow dude this took an even crazier turn after seeing the website and youtube channel.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent some in to be graded. They're on the third month. Hope that answers your question.

• seatedlib3991seatedlib3991 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭

@Mfeld. You are an important person on this board. Tell me how to send you a private message and I will tell you just 2 of many reasons this is a con man. i have no wish to show this crook the mistakes he is making james

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

@seatedlib3991 said:
    @Mfeld. You are an important person on this board. Tell me how to send you a private message and I will tell you just 2 of many reasons this is a con man. i have no wish to show this crook the mistakes he is making james

Click on his user name and click the "message" button. I sent you a PM as well.

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2024 8:15AM

@seatedlib3991 said:

Click on his name and when his profile comes up, at the top of the page us a "message" button.

A message sent that way might be visible to everyone on your "wall", so a better way is to go into your own profile under "inbox" and initiate a new message.

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

OP seems to have hung on. Maybe the transgression was simply having two IDs.

• lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

@seatedlib3991 said:

Obviously you don’t know, but only contact Mark via a buffer, never directly with this confidential information.

LCoopie = Les
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2024 11:40AM

@seatedlib3991 said:

Trying to get his personal contact information? What kind of scam are you running? 😈

[Your unfounded accusations are unfair and a violation of forum rules. ]

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

The website is bare bones and absolutely no return policy. The grading yt video is kinda like a high school classroom presentation. Not to mention saying our hosts grading is inaccurate. Houston, we have a problem.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• PumpkinheadPumpkinhead Posts: 45 ✭✭✭

Yikes… Please watch some of those YT videos. I think I spy a duck walking and quacking in the (very near) distance…

@Pumpkinhead said:
    Yikes… Please watch some of those YT videos. I think I spy a duck walking and quacking in the (very near) distance…

But he is clearly a kid.

@jmlanzaf said:

@Pumpkinhead said:

But he is clearly a kid.

Hey, I’m a city guy… One farm animal looks pretty much like any other to me…

But (“Now for something completely different”), the “aw shucks, just trying to learn” tone on the forum is certainly not replicated in the videos… A neophyte or non-numismatist might well find them compelling… Empty wallet to follow…

@Pumpkinhead said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Pumpkinhead said:

But he is clearly a kid.

But (“Now for something completely different”), the “aw shucks, just trying to learn” tone on the forum is certainly not replicated in the videos… A neophyte or non-numismatist might well find them compelling… Empty wallet to follow…

The more humble version appeared after he was humbled on the forum. Anyone who finds those videos compelling and buys something from the kid deserves what they get. There's nothing criminal about being a confident neophyte.

@jmlanzaf said:

@Pumpkinhead said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Pumpkinhead said:

But he is clearly a kid.

The more humble version appeared after he was humbled on the forum. Anyone who finds those videos compelling and buys something from the kid deserves what they get. There's nothing criminal about being a confident neophyte.

I don’t disagree with the “He should have armed himself” sentiment (imo, much too much nannying going on these days)… Just not convinced there’s a new and improved (humble) version of the kid post-forum… I’d love to be wrong about that, because youth in the hobby is something to be celebrated… the more confident the better!

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pumpkinhead said:
    I’d love to be wrong about that, because youth in the hobby is something to be celebrated… the more confident the better!

Confident, yes, cocky with dollar signs in the eyes, no.

@messydesk said:

@Pumpkinhead said:
    I’d love to be wrong about that, because youth in the hobby is something to be celebrated… the more confident the better!

Confident, yes, cocky with dollar signs in the eyes, no.

They all start with dollar signs. When I ran the YN club at our local club, I would bring in all kinds of exotic coins as show and tell. The first question was always: how much is it worth?

• tcollectstcollects Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KiwiNumi said:
    Wow dude this took an even crazier turn after seeing the website and youtube channel.

it's great isn't it

• yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2024 3:17PM

He's got money from somewhere obviously.

It could be an engaging content channel, but many of his videos won't age well.

Demeans in the same manner his viewer comments despite their well intentioned critiques.

He is at a crossroads like many new collectors, but won't put in the time to grow.

Mentors and seminars would be like rocket fuel, but just continues to poke along.

He knows more than everyone but really doesn't know what he doesn't know.

Might as well listen now... or in five years

No foundation... no chance.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• I'm shocked this thread is still going on and yes the coins were pregraded but I plan on sending them back in through pcgs. And although some of you say the conversation I had with stacks bowers is unbelievable it is true. That is what led me to crack out some coins. Pls tell me how to close this thread its going on too long with no relevance to the initial question.

@USA_Bullion_and_Coin said:
    I'm shocked this thread is still going on and yes the coins were pregraded but I plan on sending them back in through pcgs.

@Constantine said:

@JBK said:

I'm shocked this thread is still going on and yes the coins were pregraded but I plan on sending them back in through pcgs. And although some of you say the conversation I had with stacks bowers is unbelievable it is true. That is what led me to crack out some coins. Pls tell me how to close this thread its going on too long with no relevance to the initial question.

You don't get to decide whether or when to close a thread. :#

Hmmm, sounds like someone is concerned about being exposed on here and doesn’t like having themselves linked to their YT channel and website https://unitedstatesbullion.org/ on the internet for the world to lookup and see. Perhaps you should have thought about that when you first joined and played your games here.

I don't care about any of that they are my businesses after all. It's the fact that none of this is relevant to the original question.

Just ignore them. Send in your coins. Post the results. Then they may take you seriously.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

is it still possible to make the submission public?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    is it still possible to make the submission public?

It is. You have to share the order in the user admin.

It will automatically close once you stop posting.

LCoopie = Les

But, of course, he is thrilled to be a center of attention here, and - despite a post to the contrary - would be happy to have this “discussion” go on forever. And I suspect he’s not much concerned that his target audience is following this or, in fact, any thread on the forum.

edited April 3, 2024 7:53AM

@jmlanzaf said:

@lcoopie said:

Not if we keep posting

We know that. 😀

LCoopie = Les

@lcoopie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@lcoopie said:

Not if we keep posting

We know that. 😀

+1

• IkesTIkesT Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditto.

I think we should give it a chance and see what happens. It might close on it's own.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

i'll second that

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • IkesTIkesT Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

@Manifest_Destiny said:
    I think we should give it a chance and see what happens. It might close on it's own.

I hope so.

LCoopie = Les
  • FrazFraz Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    i'll second that

The question is on the adoption of the motion that we suspend the matter until someone pipes up again.
    All in favor say “aye”…

@Fraz said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    i'll second that

The question is on the adoption of the motion that we suspend the matter until someone pipes up again.
    All in favor say “aye”…

Abstain

• johnhenry9009johnhenry9009 Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    i'll second that

All in favor say “aye”…

Aye

@jmlanzaf said:

@Fraz said:
    I am not averse to what this guy does. I remind you of my own line of grading services at the Buckhorn Flea Market in Mebane, NC next to the señora who sells cooking herbs from Guanajuato.

¡Pronto llega el sevicio de pegatina de frijole verde!

I move that this post be removed as racist. Second?

It's racist against white people. No one cares about that.

@Manifest_Destiny said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Fraz said:
    I am not averse to what this guy does. I remind you of my own line of grading services at the Buckhorn Flea Market in Mebane, NC next to the señora who sells cooking herbs from Guanajuato.

¡Pronto llega el sevicio de pegatina de frijole verde!

I move that this post be removed as racist. Second?

It's racist against white people. No one cares about that.

It was a joke and I'd rather not debate it here, but the Latina lady in the story is not "white".

• FrazFraz Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4, 2024 7:38AM

An assertion that woman who sells herbs from Mexico in North Carolina is not white contains a flaw or two.
    If we need an ism, it’s newmismaticism.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file