Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The OFFICIAL COINSTAR FINDS THREAD

Comments

• Options
    sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 819 ✭✭✭

Got this fine specimen in change this morning shopping
    for bagels and cheese in the local grocery store.
    Looks like it was partially processed by a roller, and
    wonder when this happened.

GUESS THE DATE ?

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rain here in CA, but the Mexican store delivered a nice 1954D Rosie silver dime, love free silver!

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cuban Pete with the Coinstar beat:

Cuba 25 centavos 2018
    Nickel-steel, 23 mm, 5.65 gm

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say it is a 1919.

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.

• Options

@CRHer700 said:
    I'd say it is a 1919.

What's 1919? Lincoln cent, GUESS THE DATE ?

Can't be, it's not a Wheetie....

• Options

@Joe_360 said:
    What's 1919? Lincoln cent, GUESS THE DATE ?

Can't be, it's not a Wheetie....

Well, you might say that I wasn’t up to date, and might have posted referencing your post of the merc of the 17th. :D The truth is that I hadn’t logged on in a few days and thought that it was the most recent post.
    Sorry.

• Options

The left side is from Safeway, the right side is from Nob Hill, no silver... added up to over $3...

• Options
    sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 819 ✭✭✭

Here's a postscript to the rolled cent I posted earlier -
    the date / mintmark appears to be a 1968 D as far as
    I can tell under high magnification. Perhaps, the
    "engineer" who created this cent may find this, and tell.
    I grow heirloom tomatoes and also posted an
    "error tomato" for your enjoyment.

• Options

Recent: 8 zincolns in one slot, one in another with a nickel underneath. All corroded or scraped except one cent and the nickel.

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭✭✭

35 cents stuck in the hinge of the tray (plus another quarter that got away from me when I let go while it was half way out)

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every coinstar I've seen for the last two weeks has an "out of order" sign hanging from it.

People must be overwhelming these machines during the holiday season

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

@DCW said:
    Every coinstar I've seen for the last two weeks has an "out of order" sign hanging from it.

People must be overwhelming these machines during the holiday season

The one at my local Walmart is out of order I believe, because of a wing nut that someone jammed in the slot. It was stuck there one week, and the machine was out of order the next.

• Options
    MtW124MtW124 Posts: 332 ✭✭✭✭

Went to our local Walmart tonight and checked ours. Retrieved a 2008 Dime and a 2017 nickel.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:
    The left side is from Safeway, the right side is from Nob Hill, no silver... added up to over $3...

Per the right side. How did that guitar pick get in the coin star? :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@Joe_360 said:

I've found guitar picks in machine wrapped rolls of half dollars.

• Options
    edited January 7, 2024 8:24AM

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@Joe_360 said:

I was not there to watch, so your guess is as good as mine....

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2024 6:44AM

@MarkKelley said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@Joe_360 said:

I've found guitar picks in machine wrapped rolls of half dollars.

I've found those plastic spacer/counter things that tellers use in BWR. But the strangest are the play money plastic cents.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:
    @nwcoast
    Not quite the treasure find that nwcoast got in October, but the biggest find that I ever had.

Most know that there 3 Coin Star machines within a 1,5 block distance that I hit daily on my way to feeding stray cats at the Home Depot. But yesterday my wife said that she had a taste for pizza for lunch. She ordered and I went to pick them up, on the way were those same 3 Coin Stars, so I decided to check..

The Mexican store was empty, next was Nob-Hill. Well the return was so stuffed, I could barely get my hand in. Pulling out some of the change I saw mostly corroded pennies. They looked so bad, I thought about leaving, but I put them in my pocket and grabbed another hand full, and saw silver. It took about 6,7, 8 handfuls to finish... Getting home, after washing up and eating, I went back to the coins.

Wow, with all the pennies, I did not realize just how much silver there was!

Obviously, some kid swiped Grandpa stash...

51 silver dimes total! All dates were from 1950 to 1955 with 1 outlier a 1957 and 3 Mercury dimes. I removed the corroded pennies and there were ~60 wheat cents. 1 1927 Canadian Nickel.

I thanked my wife and gave her full credit for wanting pizza that this time! Hard to believe, but yet true!!!

That's incredible!

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:
    @nwcoast
    Not quite the treasure find that nwcoast got in October, but the biggest find that I ever had.

Most know that there 3 Coin Star machines within a 1,5 block distance that I hit daily on my way to feeding stray cats at the Home Depot. But yesterday my wife said that she had a taste for pizza for lunch. She ordered and I went to pick them up, on the way were those same 3 Coin Stars, so I decided to check..

The Mexican store was empty, next was Nob-Hill. Well the return was so stuffed, I could barely get my hand in. Pulling out some of the change I saw mostly corroded pennies. They looked so bad, I thought about leaving, but I put them in my pocket and grabbed another hand full, and saw silver. It took about 6,7, 8 handfuls to finish... Getting home, after washing up and eating, I went back to the coins.

Wow, with all the pennies, I did not realize just how much silver there was!

Obviously, some kid swiped Grandpa stash...

51 silver dimes total! All dates were from 1950 to 1955 with 1 outlier a 1957 and 3 Mercury dimes. I removed the corroded pennies and there were ~60 wheat cents. 1 1927 Canadian Nickel.

I thanked my wife and gave her full credit for wanting pizza that this time! Hard to believe, but yet true!!!

That’s a GREAT score Joe!
    Gotta love it! Pizza too!

Congratulations :-)

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW, great find. There only 2 CoinStar machines in my area that I'm aware of. I do check them when i go past them. I found some loose change in, but no silver. I just don't understand how people don't check the coin return drawer. I guess they in in too big of a hurry to look there. Nice find.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dry as a bone for me, at least for over a year.

I've tried different strategies. Using my right hand, using my left hand, closing my eyes and then feeling around the reject slot, etc. Nothing seems to work. 🤔

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two Jefferson nickels and two Memorial pennies this week. Still staying retired though!

• Options
    Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    Dry as a bone for me, at least for over a year.

I've tried different strategies. Using my right hand, using my left hand, closing my eyes and then feeling around the reject slot, etc. Nothing seems to work. 🤔

maybe you are not holding your tongue in the proper position.

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

One clad dime.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice finds

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

A French Euro cent dated 2014.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options

Last night’s finds: 1 cent at one coinstar, and 89 cents at another plus 12 cents on the ground for a total of $1.02.

• Options

@dhikewhitney said:
    1946 silver dime plus assorted coins

Nice, first year of issue... P or D?

• Options
    dhikewhitneydhikewhitney Posts: 392 ✭✭✭

1946 P
    I do my share of buying, but finding silver makes this hobby fun.

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

Clad dime and 2c Euro today.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

Yesterday I tried my hand at a vending machine, putting $3.15 in it . I hit the change back button, but I only got a $1.05 back. It wouldn't give me any more. :/ I had to go to the front desk to get my money back, and someone got a free soda. I feel blessed to get my money back.

• Options
    edited February 1, 2024 5:00PM

Alright, February 1st, nice start, nice haul, 3 silver dimes, 1 64D and 2 63D's. and pocket full of change... At the top are two coins stuck together...

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never found a coin at the "Star". But probably due to I only see one infrequently. Maybe I should scan the parking lot more intently on the way in/out of the Walmart. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did two different coin stars on Thursday.
    The one at the credit union yielded a clad quarter and the grocery store yielded 3 quarters of which one was Canadian and the other 2 were clad. No silver.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file