edited June 15, 2023 3:54PM

Look Twobitcollector,

Here’s it’s “tria-mese twin‼️👀👍🎯‼️
    …. One of only 4 struck in brass ‼️‼️👍Battle Creek reverse‼️

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

@Nickpatton said:

@SPalladino said:
    USPS informed delivery: package from Loveland, CO might arrive tomorrow. :)

Anybody received any of Dan’s new stuff 👀⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️
    Thanks
    Nick

About the time I get around asking this question is generally when it arrives. I'm guessing within the week as I was thinking I would ask around Monday of next week.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 878 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Twobitcollector said:
    In todays mail

Very nice! I picked up a few overstruck on Bicentennial Ikes, all still at ANACS grading. I don't think the one struck on gold has been on the market (4 were made) nor will make an appearance soon. Never know though, right?

• Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 15, 2023 6:13PM

I think the four are available for $5,000 a pop. On Shevlin's site:

For Sale: 2023 Gold Continental Dollar Restrike
    $5,000.00 · GEM BU
    Reference
    Date 2023
    Grade GEM BU
    Price $5,000.00
    Item # 3338
    Metal Gold
    Struck in Gold and edge marked “50 GRAMS 999+ GOLD” (1.6 ounces of Gold), struck by Daniel Carr.

The Continental Dollar restrikes have been popular with collectors since they were originally made in 1861 by Professor Montroville Dickeson. Dickeson’s dies fell into the hands of a number of prominent numismatists including Thomas Elder, Q. David Bowers and Robert Bashlow, that used them to issue restrikes.

The dies were reported to have been donated to the Smithsonian, but the hubs created from Dickeson’s original dies were acquired by Jeff Shevlin and were reused to create new dies. Daniel Carr of the Moonlight Mint created the new dies from which these restrikes were made.

https://www.so-calleddollar.com/fixed-price-list/continental-dollar-restrikes/

Very nice! I picked up a few overstruck on Bicentennial Ikes, all still at ANACS grading. I don't think the one struck on gold has been on the market (4 were made) nor will make an appearance soon. Never know though, right?

@alefzero said:

@Twobitcollector said:
    In todays mail

• Options
    edited June 15, 2023 7:56PM

https://www.so-calleddollar.com/fixed-price-list/continental-dollar-restrikes/

For Sale: 2023 Gold Continental Dollar Restrike
    $5,000.00 · GEM BU
    Reference
    Date 2023
    Grade GEM BU
    Price $5,000.00
    Item # 3338
    Metal Gold
    Struck in Gold and edge marked “50 GRAMS 999+ GOLD” (1.6 ounces of Gold), struck by Daniel Carr.

The Continental Dollar restrikes have been popular with collectors since they were originally made in 1861 by Professor Montroville Dickeson. Dickeson’s dies fell into the hands of a number of prominent numismatists including Thomas Elder, Q. David Bowers and Robert Bashlow, that used them to issue restrikes.

The dies were reported to have been donated to the Smithsonian, but the hubs created from Dickeson’s original dies were acquired by Jeff Shevlin and were reused to create new dies. Daniel Carr of the Moonlight Mint created the new dies from which these restrikes were made.

and:

For Sale: 2023 Gold Overstruck on a U.S. 1876 Double Eagle Continental Dollar Restrike
    $5,000.00 · GEM BU
    Reference
    Date 2023
    Grade GEM BU
    Price $5,000.00
    Item # 3340
    Metal Gold
    Overstruck on a United States 1876 Gold Double Eagle $20 gold piece, overstruck by Daniel Carr.

and:

Reference
    Date 2023
    Grade GEM BU
    Price $5,000.00
    Item # 3339
    Metal Gold
    Overstruck on a United States 1861 Gold Double Eagle $20 gold piece, overstruck by Daniel Carr.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, overstruck on the Confederate overstrike! Not a lot of them to start with. So I wonder how many of those Confederate overstrikes are left.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 328 ✭✭✭✭

@7Jaguars said:
    Wow, overstruck on the Confederate overstrike! Not a lot of them to start with. So I wonder how many of those Confederate overstrikes are left.

Doesn’t appear to be a confederate 1861‼️‼️‼️
    Just a 1861 double eagle ‼️

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nickpatton said:

@SPalladino said:
    USPS informed delivery: package from Loveland, CO might arrive tomorrow. :)

Anybody received any of Dan’s new stuff 👀⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️
    Thanks
    Nick

I checked the website yesterday to see if the gold 1/4th Oz that I ordered the first day had shipped, but it still said ‘payment received’

Will update when in hand… but hey Nick speaking of confederate Double eagles…

Did you get a new (to you) piece lately?
    We love pictures…

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

Yay‼️‼️‼️Nice ‼️👍Good news….. mine’s coming soon‼️
    Thanks
    Steve

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2023 3:23AM

Right you are Nick..... :)

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a great looking gold piece @LukeMarshall Congrats.

• Options

Nice @Bullsitter I didn't even know there was a 1943S. Cool.

• Options

I hadn't checked the print catalog lately. Now I see 150 of the 1943-S Peace Dollars were struck in May 2023. I must have missed that offering.

• Options
    WDHWDH Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

Have these been listed for sale yet?

• Options
    nk1nknk1nk Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

Where did you get this?? Must find me one!

• Options

@nk1nk said:

@Bullsitter said:

Not mine, I just found it while looking around on Dans's site.

• Options
    edited June 20, 2023 5:59AM

Well had to change my post………… I tought you were Bullsittin’, but you weren’t ‼️‼️🎯👍👍👍
    Good eye Bullsitter ‼️‼️👍👍👍🎯👀‼️‼️‼️
    Found them too listed with the1931s….. not on Dans “ website for sale yet‼️‼️‼️😱😱😱😱

• Options
    nk1nknk1nk Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

@nk1nk said:

@Bullsitter said:

Not mine, I just found it while looking around on Dans's site.

Wonder what the story is with these? Guess I’ll have to watch dans site nonstop for awhile.

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 840 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very curious. When Dan makes items for third party vendors, he usually makes note of that in his production notes. I don't see that there. And I check the site every week or so for new items, and have not seen them for sale on the site. Curious.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options
    D808LFD808LF Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't get the 1943 date, 80th anniversary of ?

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

• Options

I would love a P, D, and S mint set of 1943 Peace Dollars. Using 1923 coins. DC's Peace Dollars are incredible.

• Options

GRADES!

Ugh!

(4) MS67, all Morgans
    (8) MS68, all Morgans
    (13) MS69
    (7) MS70, 1 Morgan, 6 Peace

-Morgan CC's hit hard
    -Peace dollars faired much better.

WOOF!?!

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 20, 2023 2:49PM

@D808LF WOOF? Well Off Older Folks?

You received a couple of Cameos!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

I always wonder why they come back lower than a MS70…………. Why don’t they tell us why it didn’t make that grade……….. I’ve seen a bunch of MS69’s that I didn’t understand why they didn’t make a MS70…… I couldn’t tell why‼️‼️😱😱………. Bet there’d be more MS70S if they he to tell why it was graded lower‼️👍

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Peace Dollars are some of Dan's best work. I owned a 1918 for awhile and gave it to my son. The 43-s is interesting. Not sure the significance of the date choice though. Looks like there are 14 different issues not counting finishes or Ike rev. I think I like the 1936 best.

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:
    I will offer some "1943-S" Peace in a week or so, once I get caught up with production and shipping of existing orders.
    I am behind on doing that, due to a recent equipment failure with my sandblast cabinet. Rather then doing normal production, I had to fix the equipment, and then spend several days cleaning the fine sandy dust off of EVERY thing in the entire workshop. But now I have a clean workshop, just in time for the ANA Summer Seminar field trip to my mint next week.
    So that is good.

PS:
    I am not planning a "1943 [P]" or "1943-D" version, only the "1943-S".

Can I add on to my existing order that you are currently catching up on? :smile:

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options

@Manifest_Destiny said:
    The Peace Dollars are some of Dan's best work. I owned a 1918 for awhile and gave it to my son. The 43-s is interesting. Not sure the significance of the date choice though. Looks like there are 14 different issues not counting finishes or Ike rev. I think I like the 1936 best.

I like the '36 Proof also, putting it at the end of a '36 Proof Set would be awesome.....

• Options

The 1936 is amazing. I am lucky to have received an MS70 DCAM and the reverse is outstanding.

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 878 ✭✭✭✭✭

@D808LF said:

I was thinking 1946 would have made more sense.

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    edited June 20, 2023 7:55PM

@alefzero said:

@D808LF said:

I was thinking 1946 would have made more sense.

I would have liked 1945 - end of WWII - Peace

Also would work nicely with my V75 ASE

• Options

@D808LF said:
    GRADES!

Ugh!

-Morgan CC's hit hard

Ouch! My condolences. I was disappointed with a 69 on a 2022-CC after two early-purchase 2022-CC went through at 70 Cameo. I count three 67s, three 68s, and four 69s in your submission of 2022-CC. I can understand an occasional 69, perhaps as dies wear, but I cannot imagine a 67 or 68. These are incredibly beautiful coins - among my favorite fantasy overstrikes.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

E> @dcarr said:

It was a partially-commissioned project and the commissioning party wanted "1943-S" because that had some significance for their family (I'm not sure what).

Count me in for one. I need to keep up with the Peace dollars set.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2023 8:43PM

@dcarr said:
    I will offer some "1943-S" Peace in a week or so, once I get caught up with production and shipping of existing orders.
    I am behind on doing that, due to a recent equipment failure with my sandblast cabinet. Rather then doing normal production, I had to fix the equipment, and then spend several days cleaning the fine sandy dust off of EVERY thing in the entire workshop. But now I have a clean workshop, just in time for the ANA Summer Seminar field trip to my mint next week.
    So that is good.

PS:
    I am not planning a "1943 [P]" or "1943-D" version, only the "1943-S".

Can you elaborate on the reasoning for no P or D coins?

It seems like it could be nice to have a PDS set for "War Dollars".

• Options

@dcarr said:
    I might do the other intervening missing years ("1929", "1930", "1932" "1933"). I f I do any of those, I would probably do only one mint mark for each.

Yes, please!

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options

@SPalladino said:

@dcarr said:
    I might do the other intervening missing years ("1929", "1930", "1932" "1933"). I f I do any of those, I would probably do only one mint mark for each.

Yes, please!

I agree. Please and thank you!!

• Options
    edited June 22, 2023 3:52PM

@pcgscacgold said:

@SPalladino said:

@dcarr said:

Yes, please!

I agree. Please and thank you!!

Yes please, but please wait until I can drum up sum money‼️‼️👀😱
    Looks like I might have to come out of retirement and go to work …………. I think I just heard Maynard G Crebs say…..W-O-R-K‼️‼️‼️😱😱😱😱😱‼️

• Options
    edited June 24, 2023 10:59AM

Hooked up with a couple Numismigos at a tiny local coin show today. Always fun finding Carr goodies locally.

Thought I'd be back home by noon to fire up the hardwood charcoal. Made it with 2 minutes to spare.

• Options
    edited June 25, 2023 2:15PM

I wandered into License plate collecting 4 years ago.
    For some reason I think these two are related to my Carr coinage art archive.

• Options

CO skier plates are easily North $100. Having a '1' on it, to the moon. B)

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alefzero said:
    Loaded up recently. This is the best of the bunch I got though. It is the overstrike on the 1861 gold double eagle of Carr's Continental Dollar die set from the original Dickeson hub. So it is a unique piece. Grading at ANACS presently.

That’s a fantastic piece! Congratulations!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file