Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Please post your Seated Liberty images.

Comments

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

@No Headlights said:

Another of my Circulated 1880 halves. If anyone knows of an 1884 or 1887 for sale, (must be CAC) please let me know.

Good luck on both. Some SLH folks in the Gobrecht Journal believed that circulated 1887s (AG - EF) are the rarest circulated coins in the low-mintage series (1879-1890). However, an LSCC survey suggests the 1884 and the 1886 may be a little tougher. I've seen a few circulated 1887s with CAC.

(And guess who just received the four-volume set of the Gobrecht Journal?)

I like your 1885.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Barberian said:

@No Headlights said:

Another of my Circulated 1880 halves. If anyone knows of an 1884 or 1887 for sale, (must be CAC) please let me know.

Good luck on both. Some SLH folks in the Gobrecht Journal believed that circulated 1887s (AG - EF) are the rarest circulated coins in the low-mintage series (1879-1890). However, an LSCC survey suggests the 1884 and the 1886 may be a little tougher. I've seen a few circulated 1887s with CAC.

(And guess who just received the four-volume set of the Gobrecht Journal?)

I like your 1885.

Yes, I agree. Both are tough. I have the quarters, all CAC. But the last two halves are making me work!

• Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

@No Headlights said:

1840 dollar

I love it! Sold. Where do I send my payment? :)

• Options

@ARCO said:

@No Headlights said:

1840 dollar

I love it! Sold. Where do I send my payment? :)

If you have a CAC 1862, I would be happy to visit with you! :)

• Options

@paesan said:
    Lots of high quality coins being posted here!

A couple of PCGS XF-40 dimes.....

Love the look of the dimes Lenny!

• Options

Obverse

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins
    Congrats

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got four newp Seated Liberty coins waiting on the TrueView images to be released.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2023 3:15PM

@No Headlights said:

I'm glad you bought your coin and dodged this 1885. I hope the buyer is happy with the sticker.

Be careful out there.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:
    Here is another recent arrival;

Love that cracked up reverse! I bet it looks sweet under a loupe.

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:
    Here is another recent arrival;

Nice V-2, 9 / far 6. Easy to attribute from the reverse crack pattern.

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JRGeyer said:
    Lady Liberty still looking good @ 160

Nice V-1 with the RPD 18 S and reverse crack at 3:30.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

As always, thank you for your variety elaboration Clint! @yosclimber

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    seatedlib3991seatedlib3991 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats Manifest Destiny on putting together such a tough series. I have been a Seated collector for about 25 years now. I have been working with all the denominations so know a little about all and am a master of none. I will say though, even many of the so called common
    date quarters are extremely hard to find attractive. Enjoy your set. James

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

@seatedlib3991 said:
    Congrats Manifest Destiny on putting together such a tough series. I have been a Seated collector for about 25 years now. I have been working with all the denominations so know a little about all and am a master of none. I will say though, even many of the so called common
    date quarters are extremely hard to find attractive. Enjoy your set. James

Thanks, I agree about the "common" dates especially the 1840's Philly issues. Many of them are as scarce as the New Orleans issues. I actually had the set in a Dansco but I'm now in the process of getting everything certified (or re-certified) and started a registry set. Long term goal is nice VF coins but I'd be happy with the rare dates in 12 or 15. - Don

• Options
    seatedlib3991seatedlib3991 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭

Don you are spot on about the Philly Quarters from the 1840's. I put a Philly quarter in XF-40
    on my must get list in 2021. I just managed to get one about three weeks ago. When I mentioned how hard it is to find one of those, several people claimed it was just a current anomaly. I think they have not tried to find one in a very long time and would find their beards growing long if they pursued one. James

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file