Comments

• mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@mark_dak said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@mark_dak said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    Oooh.... and Ethereum just went past gold and hit 2100

Considering it was at $3500, you look more and more like a genius every day.

Mark

Lol. It was 800 when I first bought it.

...and watched it crater from $4600 to under $1100 and probably during that time posted countless portions of your "technical analysis" on the price of gold. That's a lot of $50 spread trades!

And most of my gold I currently hold was purchased under $1100 and some through the $1100 range. Gold is currently near all time highs and your ETH is still under half it's high. As usual you appear to miss the main point. Many here use gold as insurance, a part of a large portfolio of products.

Putting out numbers off a technical chart is senseless. I would bet you could state that gold will go up (or down) on any given day and if you're willing to wait a couple days you will be right either way. I guess sounding smart is important to you. In the future, it's probably better to post those nuggets on the precious metals forum where it might make more sense.

Mark

Again, ETH was simply a long term speculation. I don't watch it or trade it. [Funny that you again are picking arbitrary time frames to make some point after complaining about itc earlier.,]

I've personally acknowledged the insurance aspect, I believe on this very thread. That, of course, is the opposite of the "we're rich" post to which my response created your latest set of criticisms.

Other than the fact that you don't like me, could you explain how my posts are any different than other people's posts asking about whether we'll break $2000 or whether we'll stay above$2000. A lot of people have been making similar posts. This whole thread is full of price speculation... and will continue to be.

At the risk of holding up a mirror for you again, I only started posting the technical analysis when you complained about a predictive post I made. You seemed to want justification for a price point I made.

Prediction: you will complain about this post.

Prediction: you will get the last word in.

Mark

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2023 1:01PM

@mark_dak said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@mark_dak said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@mark_dak said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    Oooh.... and Ethereum just went past gold and hit 2100

Considering it was at $3500, you look more and more like a genius every day.

Mark

Lol. It was 800 when I first bought it.

...and watched it crater from $4600 to under $1100 and probably during that time posted countless portions of your "technical analysis" on the price of gold. That's a lot of $50 spread trades!

And most of my gold I currently hold was purchased under $1100 and some through the $1100 range. Gold is currently near all time highs and your ETH is still under half it's high. As usual you appear to miss the main point. Many here use gold as insurance, a part of a large portfolio of products.

Putting out numbers off a technical chart is senseless. I would bet you could state that gold will go up (or down) on any given day and if you're willing to wait a couple days you will be right either way. I guess sounding smart is important to you. In the future, it's probably better to post those nuggets on the precious metals forum where it might make more sense.

Mark

Again, ETH was simply a long term speculation. I don't watch it or trade it. [Funny that you again are picking arbitrary time frames to make some point after complaining about itc earlier.,]

I've personally acknowledged the insurance aspect, I believe on this very thread. That, of course, is the opposite of the "we're rich" post to which my response created your latest set of criticisms.

Other than the fact that you don't like me, could you explain how my posts are any different than other people's posts asking about whether we'll break $2000 or whether we'll stay above$2000. A lot of people have been making similar posts. This whole thread is full of price speculation... and will continue to be.

At the risk of holding up a mirror for you again, I only started posting the technical analysis when you complained about a predictive post I made. You seemed to want justification for a price point I made.

Prediction: you will complain about this post.

Prediction: you will get the last word in.

Mark

That's kind of funny. The only reason you would say that is if you think you should get the last word. People who accuse someone else of trying to get the last word are actually insisting on the last word themselves.

I don't care about the last word. I'm more than happy to keep discussing this until death do us part.

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2023 4:05PM

Thank you, moderator! I have appreciated the thread, and what I don’t appreciate is chronically argumentative forum members coming in to bicker.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • 1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

GOLD $2,004.65 (+9.58)

Continuing to look like that gold over $2,000 is becoming the new normal.

edited April 19, 2023 3:20AM

@1northcoin said:
    GOLD $2,004.65 (+9.58)

Continuing to look like that gold over $2,000 is becoming the new normal.

1974 right now. If it doesn't hold 1960, we'll probably fall to fill the gap at 1920.

With summer coming, volume generally drops and anything is possible.

I'm seeing increased buying from Armageddon types. There seems to be a false narrative running some those circles that legal tender US coins are not income taxable. I'm not sure where that originated.

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2023 5:54AM

The past 6 months gold has been inversely correlated with the 2-year treasury rate. This does not happen all the time, but it is following very close lately. If the 2-year rate continues to climb into the Fed meeting, gold will be lower.

After that, any Fed interest rate hike pause comment, will probably start the next rally.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

edited April 20, 2023 12:06AM

GOLD $2,000.32 (+5.34)

That was quick.
    Returned to the $2,000 benchmark.

GOLD $2,005.33 (+10.35)

..and again edging up above that $2,000 floor.

And now watch as the $2000 mark gets crushed. Just lovely. Wait all week and here’s a kick in the teeth 🤬

edited April 24, 2023 1:13PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    And now watch as the $2000 mark gets crushed. Just lovely. Wait all week and here’s a kick in the teeth 🤬

Tested the bottom of the channel around 1970 and bounced. It's temporarily stuck below the resistance at 2010 again. We're basically in no man's land right now.

Look quick. This is a dang rollercoaster 🎢.

@1northcoin said:
    GOLD $2,005.33 (+10.35)

..and again edging up above that $2,000 floor.

History continuing to repeat itself, at least last week's history as we continue to see $2,000+ gold.

• jt88jt88 Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let’s wait and see how long the debt limit fight will last.

FDIC might take over first republic this weekend.

Zumazuma boomboom 😁

That’s better. Crashed right after I posted. 😂😂😂

Shhhhh
    It’s climbing again but it’s a secret 🤫.

edited May 2, 2023 9:16AM

GOLD $2,015.16 (+32.49)

Midweek move ahead?

I was thinking to post a 2014 gold coin but it closed over 2014 so I guess I will wait for 2020 to post another 2020 gold coin.

• Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

Potato quality.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

Where is the flipper? Sold all already? PacWest is in trouble so as western alliance. If FDIC has to take them out gold will be over 2100 soon. If FDIC has to take them out, FDIC might run out of money soon and needs FED’s help for more money.

• scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold is officially in the future now with spot at 2065. The Fed raising rates into bank failures is a new one for me…

@jt88 said:
    Where is the flipper? Sold all already? PacWest is in trouble so as western alliance. If FDIC has to take them out gold will be over 2100 soon. If FDIC has to take them out, FDIC might run out of money soon and needs FED’s help for more money.

Who's the flipper?

GOLD $2,048.85 (+10.22)

Going to be a challenge finding a matching date coin.

GOLD $2,020.94 (+4.08)

Comfortably staying above 2000 after the weekend while edging back up toward last week's highs.

Silver seems to be having a little problem with $26 but is staying comfortably above $25 😁

GOLD $2,027.60 (+10.74)

As the workday progresses, staying on an upward trajectory. At least for now.

GOLD $2,025.08 (+3.52)

Made through the day with 25 on top of 2,000.

Looks like some upward movement. Good to see. Apparently we have established ( for a minute) $2000gold. Now let’s get silver supported at $26.

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Looks like some upward movement. Good to see. Apparently we have established ( for a minute) $2000gold. Now let’s get silver supported at $26.

GOLD $2,034.51 (+12.95)

Upward and onward.

@1northcoin said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

GOLD $2,034.51 (+12.95)

Upward and onward.

Gold looks to be solidly above $2000
    I’m going to have to step back and enjoy silver staying above $25. That was a level I waited for awhile to see and perhaps I just need to hang tight. All in all very nice 🤔

Well now
    That was fast. I’ll take it 😁

edited May 10, 2023 7:24AM

Never mind 😂😂😂

Dang it 🤨
    Stupid silver. 😏

Personally, I think everyone would be much happier at $1500 and $15

GOLD $2,015.37 (+4.48)

Upward movement as the weekend comes to a close.

GOLD $2,019.26 (+8.37)

Staying the course.

Gold has been behaving very nicely but silver has been very naughty 👿. It needs to scoot its fanny back above $25 and stay above. 😁

edited May 16, 2023 12:37PM

Well it looks like silver is going to drop into the $23 range. How fun is that 😏👿
    Edit. Gold looks like it’s going under $2000 How lovely 😏

Here we are

Watch 1980, that's the support

edited May 17, 2023 7:23AM

@jmlanzaf said:
    Watch 1980, that's the support

Thanks JM. I’m learning and appreciate your knowledge and kindly sharing it with me. I really am trying to learn about this roller coaster and, well, thanks.
    Its and $1991 so. Yikes 😬.

Well after some consideration I’m leaving this thread. I’m not the right person for this conversation. I’ve spent months watching and have realized I really don’t care for this kinda irrational information ( at least to me). My last chart. Dropping like a rock , ofcourse 😂. Bye guys.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file