Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Not one of your best, but rather one of your favorite coins (Picture thread)

braddickbraddick Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not one of your best, but rather one of your favorite coins.

This silver eagle must have been someone's pocket piece. I like the overall look and wear.
(Purchased off of eBay a few years ago.)

This lowkey cent is the perfect blend of yellow bronze toning.
(Purchased from a board member here.)

What is some or one of your favorite coins, even though they may not be your "best"?

peacockcoins

Comments

• Options
    bp777bp777 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2022 1:51AM

I found this in my change and I was sending other coins in to be graded I sent this along.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DollarAfterDollar said:

@OAKSTAR said:

Wait, wut?

It's a very rare Lincoln cent. So rare, Whitman didn't make a slot for it in their albums! 😂 🤣

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:

@DollarAfterDollar said:

@OAKSTAR said:

Wait, wut?

It's a very rare Lincoln cent. So rare, Whitman didn't make a slot for it in their albums! 😂 🤣

I have been privileged to have seen one or two of those rarities. According to my research and sources, less than 500 total escaped the mint . . . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

It states "CHASING" . . . . . . .

No (public) records have been found on quantity CAUGHT, but according to my sources, "several" . . . . . .

Z

@OAKSTAR said:

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@liefgold said:

One of the lowest grades I own. But the aquisition story makes it one of my favs.
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1072360/my-1856-d-gold-dollar-newp-found-in-the-wild

I love that one!

• Options
    semikeycollectorsemikeycollector Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭✭

@liefgold said:

One of the lowest grades I own. But the aquisition story makes it one of my favs.
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1072360/my-1856-d-gold-dollar-newp-found-in-the-wild

Love this coin! Rare and nice for the grade! Keys make the set.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WiscKau said:

I've got an 04 Indian with the same toning. Beautiful coin.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file