Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****Official Silver Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Designer Edition Order Thread #2****

Comments

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

[Just in time for the price crash. LOL]

Actually, LMFAO...I have sold precisely 5 extra sets in my life...and that's over 45 years dating back to items from the Macy's and Gimbel's coin counters...so short term price fluctuations aren't an issue for me.

I just enjoy collecting and you win some and you lose some.

I actually "lose" or "gain" 100x more in my Fidelity account on a daily basis than my coins on a monthly basis.

Plus, my 200 plus ounces of gold have an average purchase price of $300/ounce...so I think I'm good...thanks.

• Options
    edited October 14, 2021 4:56AM

Also...if you want anther set...even with the HHL...go in as a guest...use a different credit card...and introduce a weird typo or abbreviation into your address. Not enough to prevent delivery or cause a cc denial.

That worked for me yesterday...and just worked for me again today!

Just saying...you have time to try different options...so try.

• Options

Also...just interested...can anyone get a read on how many sets are still left in inventory?

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

900 @ 8:00 est

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

The mint is only backing up the shipping center with this limit of 1. Flippers are still getting. It would be a lot easier to ship one order of 99 then 99 orders of 1.

• Options

If 900...then that HHL limit of 1 makes no sense.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2021 5:18AM

@Mindy9773 said:
    Is it just me or Is everyone else tired of negativity, some people need to grow up, we need positivity and happiness.

It's a joke.

But I'm more worried about irrational exuberance. People are chasing profits which are unlikely to materialize. You buy a coin, you should consider it a sunk cost and expect it to go down. You enjoy it, like a round of golf, but don't worry about value. When people start counting their profits and buy coins for long term appreciation, it's a recipe for disillusionment.

Everyone on here makes fun of the ads and the TV shills, but how different is the hype over Mint releases? 95% of them end up as long term losers. 99. 5% of them are horrible long term investments. Yet people jump on the band wagon and buy multiples.

But it because it's fun. Buy it to flip. But please don't buy into the "rare coin" investment hype. You will lose money and enjoyment.

• Options

@coiner said:
    The two coin set price crash is due to the race to the bottom with all flippers unloading. Longer term it should be a 300 dollar set min

I still think 250 minimum. $125 is the price of other silver eagles in the 125,000 mintage range.

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    If 900...then that HHL limit of 1 makes no sense.

Well let me be clear > that was data taken from a government website ;). Use and evaluate at your own risk!

• Options

@RichR said:
    [Just in time for the price crash. LOL]

Actually, LMFAO...I have sold precisely 5 extra sets in my life...and that's over 45 years dating back to items from the Macy's and Gimbel's coin counters...so short term price fluctuations aren't an issue for me.

I just enjoy collecting and you win some and you lose some.

I actually "lose" or "gain" 100x more in my Fidelity account on a daily basis than my coins on a monthly basis.

Plus, my 200 plus ounces of gold have an average purchase price of $300/ounce...so I think I'm good...thanks.

It was a joke. But your observations are astute.

• Options
    edited October 14, 2021 6:23AM

The biggest actual "annoyance" re my collection is that it's all so neatly packed up...in shipping boxes and TPG slab cases...and bundled together with thick rubber bands and straps...and that's all then locked in a massive fireproof floor safe...THAT I CAN'T ACCESS MUCH OF IT IN A TIMELY FASHION!

I wish it was all out on display in glass cases...but that wouldn't be very secure.

Once every year or two, I attempt to "audit" much of it and take a stroll down memory lane...but that's quite an effort.

• Options

FYI...the sets just disappeared from the Mint site again...all gone or will they return again tomorrow morning?

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2021 6:50AM

hundreds of sets selling on ebay as weak hands scramble to unload. hundreds of cancelled orders reselling daily on mint site. Meanwhile a lot of graded 70 sets selling in the $800 to $1,200 range. Big dealers selling in the $600 + range. Can you put the pieces of the puzzle together to see the big picture?

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@coiner said:
    The two coin set price crash is due to the race to the bottom with all flippers unloading. Longer term it should be a 300 dollar set min

I still think 250 minimum. $125 is the price of other silver eagles in the 125,000 mintage range.

I was giving about a $50 premium over your $250 target based on other issues because of the Type 1/Type 2 combo in the set and interest in the first Type 2 rev proof.

• Options

@coiner said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@coiner said:

I was giving about a $50 premium over your $250 target based on other issues because of the Type 1/Type 2 combo in the set and interest in the first Type 2 rev proof.

Idk. I'm not seeing it. The price on this release dropped much faster than normal. You may actually have people rejecting it.

Anecdotally, a lot of people have said in this forum that they are ending their ASE sets with the Type 1s. This set is already selling under $250. That is a very bad sign.

• Options
    Golden1Golden1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

@coiner said:

I agree, no point in selling now, there's no profit in it. Put it away and wait until the silver frenzy gets going. $30 silver should ignite a lot of interest in anything silver.

• Options

Don’t ever underestimate the first Type. 2 RP

• Options

Always a premium in the “First”

• Options

Anyway—a nice Christmas gift for the Grandkids!

• Options
    edited October 14, 2021 7:39AM

Go ahead and "reject" the first design change with a reasonably low mintage in a historically popular set.

Assuming the ASE remains even marginally popular, in years to come you're going to need to fill that "first" hole with limited supply...says the guy who was originally offended by having to buy four gold coins to get the 1995 ASE...and who later paid through the nose to also fill that hole!

Please...go ahead and melt down lots of these leftover coins...please melt em all down...125,000 - X = even more rare in the long term.

• Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reverse proofs will continue to have collector base growth owing to the lower mintage and production releases.

Hopefully the Mint will not ruin the perceived value with overproduction.

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

@Dirt94> @RichR said:
    Also...if you want anther set...even with the HHL...go in as a guest...use a different credit card...and introduce a weird typo or abbreviation into your address. Not enough to prevent delivery or cause a cc denial.

Maybe I am foolish but picked up another two sets this morning. Might cancel them later or not but I do like having that option.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2021 12:30PM

@fox9487 said:

@Dirt94> @RichR said:

Maybe I am foolish but picked up another two sets this morning. Might cancel them later or not but I do like having that option.

Might I ask why you picked up two more sets?

If you want to flip & offset some costs of your next Mint purchase, reach out to those you have sold to before.

One” of your prior transaction buyers may “still be looking” to buy more sets! 😉

BST references available on request

• Options

To see if I could....

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2021 12:34PM

@fox9487 said:
    To see if I could....

I like your style!

BST references available on request

• Options
    edited October 14, 2021 1:42PM

Now finish the exercise. It’s called catch and release. I too like your style I love getting up early for the coffee club. 7:30 am eastern. Cart em and release em. Good practice 🎣
    There was 3-4 different species this morning 🙀

• Options

[There was 3-4 different species this morning ]

The stream was well stocked this AM!

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish they’d switch from 7:30am to something like noon, 2, 3 or even 7:30pm

We have a new top banana to write? Anyone up for it?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2021 2:33PM

Quoting the link from my earlier post made on the third page of this very thread on Sept. 17th - had seen the writing on the wall for this set within the first three days of the release because the secondary market hype stirred interest but steep prices deterred many on this one.
    Everyone is waiting for it to be much cheaper and then pick it up. Hence the quick slide (is my hypothesis).
    ;)

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fox9487 said:

@Dirt94> @RichR said:

How??? If the HHL has been reinstated. Are you grabbing sets that will ultimately get cancelled??

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    I wish they’d switch from 7:30am to something like noon, 2, 3 or even 7:30pm

We have a new top banana to write? Anyone up for it?

Agree (6:30am central) my sleep is worth more than a slight chance at a coin purchase. Hell make it midnight I'd have a better chance as I'm always up then.

• Options

@Onastone said:

@fox9487 said:

@Dirt94> @RichR said:

How??? If the HHL has been reinstated. Are you grabbing sets that will ultimately get cancelled??

Pretty dang simple. I guess. Many have posted about how they by-pass HHL. Sign in as a guest was suggested. Friends and family. I won’t opine on the morals. I too am confused but that’s kinda normal 🤠

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Mindy9773 said:
    Is it just me or Is everyone else tired of negativity, some people need to grow up, we need positivity and happiness.

It's a joke.

But I'm more worried about irrational exuberance. People are chasing profits which are unlikely to materialize. You buy a coin, you should consider it a sunk cost and expect it to go down. You enjoy it, like a round of golf, but don't worry about value. When people start counting their profits and buy coins for long term appreciation, it's a recipe for disillusionment.

Everyone on here makes fun of the ads and the TV shills, but how different is the hype over Mint releases? 95% of them end up as long term losers. 99. 5% of them are horrible long term investments. Yet people jump on the band wagon and buy multiples.

But it because it's fun. Buy it to flip. But please don't buy into the "rare coin" investment hype. You will lose money and enjoyment.

Sunk cost. Yep. We'll see how the 65 kennedy I bought from you does. :* it's pending with others right now with my new clad addiction.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options

What I hear everyone saying is "it's different this time".

Let's ignore 20 years of US Mint product releases and the corresponding price action. They almost never go up later.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are a couple outliers

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    There are a couple outliers

They are only outliers, if you don't account for inflation.

• Options
    edited October 14, 2021 6:00PM

True. However I am talking true outliers…95w, 19s ERP, 2008 rev 2007 (credit to a member here that made that discovery) the 1999 PCGS graded MS70 Silver Eagle (not proof) the v75 in 70, 2019-W Enhanced Reverse Proof that was part of the US-Canada Pride of Two Nations Set in Proof 70 several coins in the 2011 25th Anniversary Set, 2011-S Mint State and 2011-P Reverse Proof coins. To name a few… some of the coin Grey beards I am sure could add to this list.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Now finish the exercise. It’s called catch and release. I too like your style I love getting up early for the coffee club. 7:30 am eastern. Cart em and release em. Good practice 🎣
    There was 3-4 different species this morning 🙀

Tossed one back...who will catch it today?

• Options

@Onastone said:

@fox9487 said:

@Dirt94> @RichR said:

It starts with friends and then other avenues. No, they don't get cancelled.

• Options

It’s up👍🏼

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Available right now

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options

Stupid question...but how many days does the UPS Next Day Air service actually take?

I ordered a set on Wednesday and paid $20 for expedited shipping...and the only thing that's happened as of Friday afternoon is "Label Created"

I'm feeling like I should complain about the lack of actual expedited shipping!

• Options

Rich. I think it’s a COVID thing. Like not getting signatures and such. I’ve seen other posts about the same problem.

• Options
    edited October 15, 2021 9:34PM

The shipping does not move your coin up in line at the mint just gets it to you faster when turned over to the shipping company in this cases usps

• Options
    edited October 16, 2021 4:34AM

Get em while their up

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried, but still only one per household.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Scored 5 more sets this morning, couldn> @philographer said:

Available right now but household limit is in place, so if you’ve ordered before you can’t get another

I was pumped to get another, then I saw the HH limit of 1. Wasn't it lifted for a time, I managed to score three over the last month or so. Can't believe it didn't come and go in a blip, up now for nearly 10 minutes.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file