Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

September Purchases - Show Us Those Prized Possessions!

Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2021 9:01PM

@shale said:

@blurryface said:

@shale said:

@shale said:
    Part of a massive collection purchased last week from an inheritance

Update.....Goldin Auctions has accepted this card to be graded by PSA and to be placed into their auction upon being graded. Zero commission fees on my part. Just the cost of the grade. Will pay for shipping and insurance once the proper documents have been signed and returned.

ut oh.

Why all the hate? I did my research, buyer will pay the commission for the card.

why do you associate “ut oh” with hate? especially after refusing to show us the back of the card? but youll send goldin pics, then come back here to post that he’s gonna accept it as if that guarantees anything? im just here trying to figure out all of this hide n seek, posting the back of a completely different card and saying it looks like this and then gloat that youve sent it to the man w/ a website that crashes during every auction and has had serious problems with getting a ton of stuff actually paid for after supposedly vetting his bidders. but i was only trying to help ya actually. which is why i asked for a pic of the back to make a more accurate call as i have a few issues w the front as is. coming in as a new poster, with a highly faked card, refusing to show the back when asked and then slam the board as a whole in your passive aggressive previous post hiding behind a low post count is pretty fishy, imo. coming back that its going off to goldin is the cherry. as i said earlier, “best of luck”.

• Options

@blurryface said:

@shale said:

@blurryface said:

@shale said:

@shale said:

Update.....Goldin Auctions has accepted this card to be graded by PSA and to be placed into their auction upon being graded. Zero commission fees on my part. Just the cost of the grade. Will pay for shipping and insurance once the proper documents have been signed and returned.

ut oh.

Why all the hate? I did my research, buyer will pay the commission for the card.

why do you associate “ut oh” with hate? especially after refusing to show us the back of the card? but youll send goldin pics, then come back here to post that he’s gonna accept it as if that guarantees anything? im just here trying to figure out all of this hide n seek, posting the back of a completely different card and saying it looks like this and then gloat that youve sent it to the man w/ a website that crashes during every auction and has had serious problems with getting a ton of stuff actually paid for after supposedly vetting his bidders. but i was only trying to help ya actually. which is why i asked for a pic of the back to make a more accurate call as i have a few issues w the front as is. coming in as a new poster, with a highly faked card, refusing to show the back when asked and then slam the board as a whole in your passive aggressive previous post hiding behind a low post count is pretty fishy, imo. coming back that its going off to goldin is the cherry. as i said earlier, “best of luck”.

Well, I imagine every new poster must be fishy then to you since you have close to 5,000 posts. I was not on here to gloat about anything. Not some young kid like most might be on here posting. Just a collector whom was fortunate enough to find through previous purchases of player lots and conversation to pick up a van full of cards that was for sale and person selling wanted to rid of.

As far as what you said about Goldin, I cannot find anywhere in searching online what you stated above to be fact. Not anywhere did I see that you were actually trying to HELP me out at all. I showed the picture of the other card back as other then the one I have is the only other parallel of this set I have seen anywhere. Doing my due diligence over a few day period of time before posting is utmost important to me.

• Options

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@shale said:
    As far as what you said about Goldin, I cannot find anywhere in searching online what you stated above to be fact. Not anywhere did I see that you were actually trying to HELP me out at all. I showed the picture of the other card back as other then the one I have is the only other parallel of this set I have seen anywhere. Doing my due diligence over a few day period of time before posting is utmost important to me.

Well, you first posted a ridiculous excuse why you didn’t show the back.
    Then you claim you did your DD, when CLEARLY you haven’t as a simple google search would show:

Or how about this:

And to top it all off, you post a blurry, partial backside of the card.

You know, everyone here really does try to help one another out. So don’t be surprised when you try to pull some shady crap, someone calls you out on it. Best of luck with your upcoming auction.

• Options

@shale

this is the pick up thread. no need to squabble or debate here. if you want to discuss the card or auction houses, please start a dedicated thread and ill be happy to give you thoughts on how to improve your due diligence searches on both.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:
    Added to my Griffey 87-89 Showcase: https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/showcase/album/4007

Love that card!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    mike trout can draw? 🤔

Must be his 6th tool!

• Options

Rare to see those optic red prizms pop up. Strong Mahomes.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pumped as these are getting tough to find in any shape. A really great shot of the switch hitting star…

1961 Manny’s Baseball Land - Mickey Mantle

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 465 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stwainfan said:
    LOL I order a 1975 Catfish Hunter card for my set. I get this card.

If they sent you the wrong card, that's not a bad card to get!

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Chicago1976 said:

@stwainfan said:
    LOL I order a 1975 Catfish Hunter card for my set. I get this card.

If they sent you the wrong card, that's not a bad card to get!

I agree. I will just leave it as is.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    mrburns443mrburns443 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭✭

An upgrade to my 1982 Wrestling All Stars A set, and a Jets auto

• Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭

@GDM67 said:

Those 86 Topps Braves are right in my sweet spot of memories. I grew up and am a Braves fan and started going to games on my own around 1986. Awesome!!!

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

@maddux69 said:
    Added some rarer Maddux cards this month. The Diamond Tribute is seeded 1:288 series two packs and the Skylines is a pretty iconic insert that is only available in series two jumbo and superpacks.

The Skylines set is one of my favorites! In fact 1996 pinnacle as a whole is very solid!

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a tough one, along with the Sandberg of the same set, Nice pickup

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 599 ✭✭✭✭

Another one to add to my Nomar registry- just waiting on PSA to approve the slot right now
    About as good as I can expect after almost 18 years of holding it, and if you've busted these boxes you know the crap condition the cards generally are in

• Options
    tomg1977tomg1977 Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

Added a HUGE Makar RPA to my PC.

• Options

@halosfan said:
    Finally found this card to add (pop 20 in 8 none higher). Took forever to finally locate one available.

Only have 1 card left to upgrade to have an 8 or better set. The Manuel Abrew card only has 4 examples graded higher than a 7 so I may have to find one raw to submit.

Great card! Is @doubledragon still around here?

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

@DBesse27 said:

@halosfan said:

Great card! Is @doubledragon still around here?

he’s definitely still around. he’s in sports talk mainly trying to summoned stevek back while envoking voodoo upon aaron rodgers’ mustache. 😉

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

For my Cowboys Ring Of Honor set.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kid4hof03 said:
    A handful of 1980 HOFers

great cards i think that 1980 topps is one of the most underated sets. even if it did not have henderson it still would be a great looking set to have

• Options

@NGS428 said:

@trickey said:
    I collect Jesse Barfield (odd, I know). These are some goodies from this month so far.

Thanks for the Barfield post, I have been watching this one for a while and your Barfield love got me to buy it. :)

Nice! I'm on the lookout for a 10. :)

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@orioles93 amazing cards, they look great!

• Options

@Rofles said:
    @orioles93 amazing cards, they look great!

Agreed, those are tremendous! Hayes is a monster card.

Yaz Master Set

• Options
    PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 302 ✭✭✭✭

@brad31 said:
    First purchase from MySlabs. Another one knocked off of my Topps All Star HOFers project. Corner wear on the bottom a little worse than I expected - but looks way better with the naked eye than on the scan.

generous 8!

• Options

@shale said:

@blurryface said:

@shale said:

@shale said:

ut oh.

forgot to mention earlier since you said you bought a collection and his rookie is in the same year as the durant…id check for any yi jianlian rookies. most just write them off as common cards and dont know just how crazy the prices get for this guy. good luck & happy hunting.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2021 12:04PM

Found this copy and while I think it has been trimmed of its border, it’s still the full 8x10 size and still looks pretty good despite only being Poor/Authentic.

1950-70 Rawlings Advisory Staff - Mickey Mantle (Waist Up, Road Uniform)

Adding: I say think because there is some variation to the size and paper to these. They were issued over a 20 year period and subtle variations can help pin down the years. However, there is usually at least some kind of white border with these so I’m guessing it was cut down to fit in the scrapbook from which it was removed.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest