Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

Berlin Wall. Probably the West Berlin side because the other side is white.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

1944 Cent
    Star right, Palms left, Bay centered.
    Star- USS Arizona Mem.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:
    A Patriotic Friday.

From today's opening of the State Fair, a Red, White, and a Blue in the Photography Competition - with my three entries taking Second in the Architectural Category, Third in the Life in the State Category, and First for the Panoramic Category.

I just recognized that those ribbon colors match perfectly with the respective highlight colors in the three photos:

The red leaves on the autumn tree of the Japanese temple.

The white feathered seagulls with their reflections in the waters at the mouth of the Kenai.

The blue paint scheme of the extended train.

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:

My favorite author!

• Options

@koynekwest said:

@1630Boston said:

My favorite author!

+1

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:
    Yesterday views from the back yard including the discovery of Charlotte's Web.

You learn how to do the 'spider dance' real quick if you walk into that.

• Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

The shirt says it all!

You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

a 1990 Italy 2000 Lire banknote

• Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2021 2:47PM

@1630Boston said:

Christine Darden
    An American mathematician, data analyst, and aeronautical engineer who devoted much of her 40-year career in aerodynamics at NASA to researching supersonic flight and sonic booms.

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

a No Date South Korea 1000 Won banknote

• Options

If I know of your past 'luck' @ErrorsOnCoins
    You've got enough stashed away so that you can still have fish tacos for dinner tonight :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    Went fishing yesterday out in the Pacific Ocean and below is a photo of what we caught.

BTW, it is called "fishing" and not "catching" :/

Just to be outside, on the water in Southern California is a treat in and of itself... When we visited in 2017, we went out into the bay and it was awesome!

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2021 2:24PM

@1630Boston said:
    If I know of your past 'luck' @ErrorsOnCoins
    You've got enough stashed away so that you can still have fish tacos for dinner tonight :)

Yes :)

In my freezer right now is fresh frozen Halibut, Blue Fin Tuna, Yellowfin Tuna, Rockfish, Lobster, and fresh caught Squid.

We ate all the Mahi-Mahi and need more.

Killer new recipe. Fresh corn tortillas from the tortilla factory down the street warmed up and soften with butter. Put RAW fish in and salt and pepper. Seal shut with 3 toothpicks. Deep fry for a minute on each side. Crack open and put in white sauce and cabbage, squeeze fresh lime juice over the deliciousness :p

• Options

I'll be over at 6 @ErrorsOnCoins

• Options
    USMarine6USMarine6 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

@koynekwest said:

@1630Boston said:

My favorite author!

I have a pretty funny S.K. story. He's been known to just walk in convenience stores here in NH from time to time. About 10 years ago I was in line at my local store. I get to the register and look behind me and there he is. Now the clerks name happens to be Christine. (Whom I'm I'm friendly with) so I turn around and say to Mr. King " You wanna write about something scary? " I point at the cashier, then I say as I'm looking at her" oh I'm sorry you've already done that". He laughed out loud and she gave me a look like she wanted to kill me. I paid and after I got my change she crumbled my bag of chips into tiny pieces and handed me the bag. I left and all three of us were laughing.

• Options

@USMarine6 said:

@koynekwest said:

@1630Boston said:

My favorite author!

I have a pretty funny S.K. story. He's been known to just walk in convenience stores here in NH from time to time. About 10 years ago I was in line at my local store. I get to the register and look behind me and there he is. Now the clerks name happens to be Christine. (Whom I'm I'm friendly with) so I turn around and say to Mr. King " You wanna write about something scary? " I point at the cashier, then I say as I'm looking at her" oh I'm sorry you've already done that". He laughed out loud and she gave me a look like she wanted to kill me. I paid and after I got my change she crumbled my bag of chips into tiny pieces and handed me the bag. I left and all three of us were laughing.

That’s actually really cool! 👍

• Options

@skier07 said:

Great photo. A family friend was assigned to Marine One for a number of years.

• Options
    edited August 26, 2021 8:26PM

Rock and Roll:

(Rock of Gibralter and the rolling surf at Oahu's windward Sunset Beach.)

• Options

Freeze !

Hey your cute !

• Options

Ty Cobb ?

Opps Wrong threading

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    First photos from my new camera. :)
    Still lots of practice & learning to go.

>

Nice "snap" of those snapdragons!

• Options

Stunning. Love the contrast between the glowing embers and glow from the setting sun

Is that from the vantage point of Ewa?

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sets on the coin collecting desk

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file