Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

*****The OFFICIAL July 29th Mint "Cover Me, I'm Going In" Type 2 Gold Eagle Purchase Thread*****

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

These are available this morning the 1/2 and 4 coin set

• Options

1/2 is gone now and the set is gone. 1/10 still available

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@elberta said:
    Do you guys think the set will appreciate in price over the years? The premiums on it are really crazy

No. Very low probability. 95% of mint issued products are less than the issue price within 2 years.

Is there any pattern to this? What type of coins hold their value vs which ones lose?

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

@elberta said:

Is there any pattern to this? What type of coins hold their value vs which ones lose?

no pattern

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

anyone get an order in this morning?

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SeatedToners said:
    anyone get an order in this morning?

I just received the T2 gold proof half that was released yesterday from the call in fiasco of held orders. Much to my surprise it actually did arrive UPS overnight air!!!!

And while I did NOT get the extra Peace dollars I was hoping for that were in my bag early this morning, I saw your note about the gold at 4:36AM my time and I did get another half ordered that you had just mentioned was available!

Received the Mint acknowledgment at 4:38AM and confirmation at 4:53, very fast. I didn't try for the 4-coin you mentioned. I was worried my credit card would bounce, but I think it was already gone at the same time.

As a bonus the half it was $25 cheaper than the one that just arrived. Thanks for your early morning post :)

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@jwitten said:
    Anyone else have one of these or a gold proof that shows as shipped from the mint last week, and still not scanned into the USPS system? There's usually a day or so delay, but mine is going on about a 5 day delay.

Same here...
    I had two different orders of the Gold proofs.
    One is still listed as processing...The other has a USPS tracking number that only shows that a USPS tracking number was generated but it's still not in the USPS system for shipment!

...and my orders are still the same as yesterday!

...and on the 6th day of August - (wait for it) ---> There's been NO change!!

I guess I spoke too soon on the 6th day of August...this afternoon, we have movement on one order...and the other is still listed as processing.

Arrival expected Tuesday - I guess they don't move much on the weekends!

Tracking History

August 6, 2021, 2:51 pm
    Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
    LA VERGNE, TN 37086
    Your item arrived at our LA VERGNE, TN 37086 origin facility on August 6, 2021 at 2:51 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

August 6, 2021, 1:36 pm
    Accepted at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    MEMPHIS TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX

August 2, 2021
    Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

I finally received my 1st order today.
    My other order is still listed as "Processing"

It's amazing to think that $5k is just sitting out in my mailbox...with only a tracking number!

My second order today was finally changed from Processing to Shipped...

(of course, checking the tracking number provided only indicated that someone reserved a tracking label in my name - "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 10, 2021 to expect your package for mailing. ")

Hopefully I'll have it...a bit quicker this time - my 1st order took 12 days from ordering to arrive.

Three full days later, after my order changed from Processing to Shipped...the tracking number still only says:

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 10, 2021 to expect your package for mailing.
    Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item - August 10, 2021

This waiting, waiting, and waiting for shipment is BS.
    My package is just sitting there in Memphis, 3 days after a shipping label was generated and I assume attached to a box (my package), and it's still just sitting there in the warehouse, waiting for the USPS to pick it up.

I'd love for someone from that fulfillment ordering company to post of pic of their shipping and receiving area.
    I'll bet it's filled to the ceiling with outgoing shipments.

BST references available on request

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

I saw the 4-coin and 1 Oz available this morning. The 4-coin is still available asof this post, but will probably be gone soon...

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2021 6:18AM

4 coin set lasted nearly 10 minutes. You won’t see that again
    Edit: Not until release time then maybe a bunch from payments not going through.

• Options

Are people sending the 4-coin set for grading? I don’t see a “special” designation for this set (although there is one for the 2-set of 1/10 Oz.).

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Got the ole pink slip in the mailbox for the 1oz on Saturday. Went to the PO this morning and they could not find it. They said they would keep looking and try to deliver today or tomorrow.

• Options

@JimTyler said:
    4 coin set lasted nearly 10 minutes. You won’t see that again
    Edit: Not until release time then maybe a bunch from payments not going through.

@DotStore said:
    I saw the 4-coin and 1 Oz available this morning. The 4-coin is still available asof this post, but will probably be gone soon...

Today I received cancellation emails for two separate orders of the 4-coin set placed on 8/12 (not release date, no HHL) “that are no longer in our inventory and are unavailable for backorder”. Is the mint selling backordered coins they cannot fulfill? What a clusterhump.

• Options

@kimber45ACP said:
    They delivered it just now:

Stunningly Beautiful!!!!

• Options
    edited August 16, 2021 10:55AM

I hate this website sometimes!

Your comment will appear after it is approved.

:s

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,888 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

This forum website?

• Options

@Goldbully said:

@HoneyMarket said:

This forum website?

It basically was a quick comment...after getting the dreaded:

Your comment will appear after it is approved. message.

I had previously typed up another comment, that may or may not appear some day.

• Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

I took the chance and sent my 1/10th,1/2 and ouncer in for grading, it's always so risky, but just saw those magic two numbers 70. Even though it's ridiculous trying to tell the difference from 69 or70, it definitely helps on value, now the other 2 for a sweep

• Options
    edited August 16, 2021 2:43PM

Someone with better eyes than me may want to check this out. I noticed what appears to be a different finish on Liberty.
    I got my loupe and flashlight to check it out, thinking it may be a lighting anomaly on my setup, but it appears to be a different finish, at least just not as granular as the rest of her. Maybe it is just too hard to get that finish on near vertical angles.

• Options

@Peyroguy said:
    I took the chance and sent my 1/10th,1/2 and ouncer in for grading, it's always so risky, but just saw those magic two numbers 70. Even though it's ridiculous trying to tell the difference from 69 or70, it definitely helps on value, now the other 2 for a sweep

These are from the set or separate?

• Options

for the size of this thread, I don't see so many "shipped" or "received" posts

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:

Sold one and mailed it, 3 already received and logged into PCGS for grading, waiting on another in processing, does that help the post count?

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably most went to the big boys and out for grading.
    I got my 1oz on August 6. It is a beautiful coin. Purchased a clamshell from earlier issue to keep it in. Fits perfect in the type 2 box. just took out the cheap plastic insert.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

@Goldminers said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Sold one and mailed it, 3 already received and logged into PCGS for grading, waiting on another in processing, does that help the post count?

yes

and I'll be interested in grades, too!

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@Goldminers said:

@MsMorrisine said:

yes

and I'll be interested in grades, too!

You and me both.

I am guessing it will be two or 3 weeks for these 3 gold grades, but my US Mint medals have been there 3 months.

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

One of my orders (the 4-piece set) has arrived.
    My other order (misc. mixture of sizes has been listed as shipped, but has been listed that way since Aug 10th!

August 10, 2021
    The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 10, 2021 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if/when available.

Oh, my credit card was billed back on Aug 10th as well...only to have my shipment stuck in some warehouse in Memphis, TN for the past 6 days - even though the Mint shows my order as "shipped"

• Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

@NYCMint said:

@Peyroguy said:

These are from the set or separate?

These are separate

• Options
    edited August 17, 2021 4:00PM

@HoneyMarket said:

@MsMorrisine said:

My other order (misc. mixture of sizes has been listed as shipped, but has been listed that way since Aug 10th!

August 10, 2021
    The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 10, 2021 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if/when available.

Oh, my credit card was billed back on Aug 10th as well...only to have my shipment stuck in some warehouse in Memphis, TN for the past 6 days - even though the Mint shows my order as "shipped"

7 days now since the Mint has printed a label out...and I assume attached it to a box with my order of multiple coins!

Yet, they (or I guess they can blame their "processor") still have not turned over said box to the US Post Office according to tracking data.

Does anyone else have a order from this offering, where the Mint says they shipped it...yet USPS tracking shows that only a shipping label was printed...days ago!

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are the COA's of the 5,000 pc Designer Sets numbered as well as 500 of them being signed? I looked on The Mint Site and did not see any mention of them being numbered.

Thanks,

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone who received their gold recently had the price reduced to the new lower amount?

liefgold
  • Options

They’re not going to lower the price

• Options

Test...123!

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@MsMorrisine said:

August 10, 2021

7 days now since the Mint has printed a label out...and I assume attached it to a box with my order of multiple coins!

Yet, they (or I guess they can blame their "processor") still have not turned over said box to the US Post Office according to tracking data.

Does anyone else have a order from this offering, where the Mint says they shipped it...yet USPS tracking shows that only a shipping label was printed...days ago!

Finally...my 2nd package is in the USPS's hands!

It only took 21 days after ordering!

Interestingly, I see the USPS moved my package between Memphis, TN and Nashville, TN in just over an hour and 15 mins.
    That's normally a 3 hour - 200 mile long trip! I doubt they flew it by plane...but who knows!

Maybe those southern Post Office drivers drive faster down in NASCAR country!

• Options
    edited August 19, 2021 3:22PM

order?

placed Day 1 - 7/29/2021

time?

"order has been received" email came 5 minutes after on-sale time

shipped?

no. but today shipping method has changed from "bestway" to "USPS First Class Mail"

footnote -

first strike cut-off: Monday, August 30, 2021

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    order?

placed Day 1 - 7/29/2021

time?

shipped?

no. but today shipping method has changed from "bestway" to "USPS First Class Mail"

footnote -

My order moved to “USPS First Class Mail” too. Is this the new way to tell it will be shipped relatively soon?

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options

I'm afraid I'm getting someone else's return

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    order?

placed Day 1 - 7/29/2021

time?

shipped?

footnote -

I thought that if all the coins sold out in one day, they would all be eligible for first strike, whether opened or not. Was this not the case, or is it no longer the case?

• Options
    edited August 19, 2021 7:08PM

@kimber45ACP said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    order?

placed Day 1 - 7/29/2021

time?

shipped?

footnote -

I thought that if all the coins sold out in one day, they would all be eligible for first strike, whether opened or not. Was this not the case, or is it no longer the case?

Yep...I believed that was one of my first lessons I learned here...

First Strike designation rules: -----> https://pcgs.com/firststrike

• Options

Ok, but unopened boxes that have the purchase date before the cutoff can still be submitted for first strike whenever they are submitted, I believe.

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@MsMorrisine said:

August 10, 2021

Finally...my 2nd package is in the USPS's hands!

It only took 21 days after ordering!

Interestingly, I see the USPS moved my package between Memphis, TN and Nashville, TN in just over an hour and 15 mins.
    That's normally a 3 hour - 200 mile long trip! I doubt they flew it by plane...but who knows!

Maybe those southern Post Office drivers drive faster down in NASCAR country!

Well my 2nd package finally arrived today. 24 days after ordering!

No wonder the shipping was free - you get what you pay for!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file